Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Big Day, The

by Sara B
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Big Day

The Big Day

by Sara B

TITLE: The Big Day
AUTHOR: Sara B
EMAIL: sara.bell2@ntlworld.com
CATEGORY: Romance, Missing Scene/Epilogue
PAIRING: Sam/other
SPOILERS: 2010
SEASON / SEQUEL: 4
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: none
SUMMARY: Sam's wedding day
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors, inless of course it's for Nemesis's site: www.sg1fanzone.co.uk
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Okay, just an idea I had, but this a desperate warning to all Sam/Jack shippers.
You MUST read until the end or you'll hate it, if you stick with it I can guarentee complete satistfaction or your money back...well that is if money had exchanged hands which it hasn't, but please, the ending should make up for and Sam/Joe bits, I promise you Sam and Jack do end up together. Just ask Lynsey and Miss Wendy they'll tell ya

2004

"Samantha Cater." I repeat my name, then I turn to Janet, "It's useless, I'll have to keep it." I announce.

"Have you thought of making it double-barrelled?"

"No matter what the combination, it doesn't work." I turn back to the mirror, I'm not a vain person but on your wedding day I think it's allowed, "There's a tip," I comment, "if you ever get married, make sure his last name works with yours." I continue to look at myself in the mirror; it's hard to believe I'm actually getting married, the dress is perfect in everyway, it's absolutely gorgeous the white sequenced bodice that gave way the flowing white material that goes right down to the floor, there's only one thing wrong with the dress, it isn't exactly the most comfortable thing in the world. You only get married once, it's not like you can walk down the aisle in BDUs.There's a knock at the door that brings be back to reality, my Dad walks in, "Well?" I ask anxiously.

"He can't make it?"

My shoulders drop, if Carl can't make it, there's no best man; no best man, no wedding, its just one thing after another, "First Jack, now this." I say glumly.

"Stand up straight." My Dad orders, I give him the 'not now' look, his face soften, "Don't worry, Sammie, Daniel said he'd fill in." I smile, probably the biggest smile since Joe proposed, it's about the first thing to go right for me. My Dad smiles, just happy to know I am. Realising we had to have a father-daughter chat, Janet quietly excuses herself with the reason to check that seeing that now things are finally going right that Jack might be come too. Janet closes the door behind her and Dad turns to me, "You look fantastic." He admits.

"You too." I say, looking at him in a tux, I know everyone should be in full military get up but, I wanted the traditional wedding, well actually my Mum always wanted it and I had to respect her wishes, plus I had a soft spot when it came to the cute little bridesmaids and pageboys and all the hype that goes with it.

"Well, I guess today's the day." He says solemnly.

"The day?" I ask, I know it's the day I get married but he wasn't getting at that.

"The day I lose my little girl."

"I'm not little, Dad, and you're not losing me, I'll just have someone else to look out for me."

Dad nods, he understands but he still sees it as a sad event even though he knows it's not.

"Dad, I love him." Whoa, dj vu, I had this conversation with Jack, he seemed to think getting married to Joe was a big mistake.

"I know you do, just make sure he loves you too."

"I wouldn't be here if he didn't love me."

"Okay, but if anything happens, I'm still here."

I sigh, trust him to let me go on life endangering missions but to be overprotective about this, "Joe, loves me, nothing going to happen." I assure him, "He'dneverlet anything ever happen to me."

"I know but still..." He says.

"I know, Dad." I cut him off; he's going into 'over protective Dad' mode again. We hug for the last time before I go from 'Miss' to 'Mrs', well technically, my title wouldn't change, I'd still be a 'Dr' unless you want to take the military title...sorry I'm rambling. We break apart, "If anything happens," Dad's starts again, "remember that right hook I taught you." he jokes, I'm glad he joked rather than started going on again, I laugh remembering when he taught me that right hook and when I used on a date that got a little to fresh with me, he never did call back...not that I'm complaining, I didn't want to hear from that creep again.

Janet pops her head back around the door, "It's time." She announces. We leave the room, as I go past Janet, I ask, "Is he here?" She gives me a sympathetic look, I know he said he wouldn't come but I had to hope, "Is he on his way, 'cos I can wait?" I desperately ask hopefully, all I want is his blessing, but I get the answer I was expecting, "He's fishing in Minnesota."

"God dammit, Jack, you may hold a grudge against the Aschen but this is my wedding, it has nothing to do with them."

Janet gives me an understanding look she knew how I felt but she also understood Jack stand point even if she didn't agree with it, "You sided with them, or at least that how he sees it."

"Sam, there's no point dwelling over him, it's your day." My Dad tells me encouragingly. He's right, who cares about that pigheaded man, I held so much respect for, if he won't come, I certainly don't care, I'm getting married to Joe regardless if he's here or not.

2010

A slip of paper with the message:

"Under no circumstances go to P4C-970. (signed) Colonel Jack O'Neill"

flutters through Stargate and at that precise moment everything that had happened between 2000-2010 changes.

2004

The organ starts up and my Dad and I start to walk down the aisle, Janet and the bridesmaids are behind me. In front I see all my friends, Daniel stood beside the groom, best man, he looks as hansom as ever. Teal'c is sitting in the front row of his first ever Earth wedding, I don't think he understands the all fuss made for the one day. Hammond is there you can tell he's proud and my brother, I was so pleased when he said he'd come and there he his, his wife beside him and his kids as the pageboy and bridesmaid. Then finally the groom, the man I love, he stood there with a smug look on his face, the statement that hadn't changed since I'd said 'yes' to him; he looks like the cat that got the proverbial cream. We get to the end of the aisle and Dad, let go of my arm, "Look after her." He told my soon to be husband then he takes his seat and I turn to face the groom, I look into his soft brown eyes, I can't help but smile and I think about the long standing joke, the one comment he always made in relation to our first kiss, secret meetings and the comment he couldn't help but whisper to me now, before the priest starts, "You know, I'm sure there's some regulation against marrying your second in command."

Author's notes: Now all Sam/Jack shippers that are still here and didn't run off with the sick bucket as soon as Joe was mentioned, congratulation for making it through the story, hope you like it and I hope the end made up for the Joe bits.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Sara B