Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Without Further Ado

by Sandra
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Without Further Ado

Without Further Ado

by Sandra

Title: Without Further Ado
Author: Sandra
Email:MishaNova2000@aol.com
Status: Complete
Category: Vignette, S/D, possible AU
Spoilers: 100 Days. .. (can't get over it, can I?)
Season/Sequel Info: 3rdSeason
Rating: G
Content Warning: Mush and sap. .. *grumbles* I tried to keep it out, but it just ain't working today!
Summary: Too short for one, but let's say. .. 'revelations' should cover it.
Disclaimer: I'll give them back when I'm done playing, now. .. go away, can't you see I'm working?
Author's Notes: I started working on this fic a looong time ago, but didn't feel like finishing it. Today I found out one of my best friends back home got. .. *shudders* 'hitched' so. .. had to write this out. I apologize in advance to the people that started thinking I would write "sensible" stories. ..
Feedback: D'uh
Archive: Ask. .. and I may answer. .. unless I'm not home. Then just leave a massage. I have a convenient setup of Danny/Marty/Jack/Teal'c clones taking my messages and feeding me grapes. .. I also have a great imagination ;)
Dedication: To my friend back home, who just got married to a relatively nice guy *veg*. Good luck, babe, I love you and sorry for not being there to jump out of your wedding cake. .. *eg* I'll try to make it to the next one.

Without further ado. ..

You know how you sometimes hear the words without *really* registering them properly and then choke *very* violently on your own saliva as they finally set in? Yeah, this would count as one of those. I strain my ears, praying to any and all gods out there for this to be an insomnia induced hallucination. .. but it's definitely not!

I stand up, willing my legs to move quietly across the muddy ground, far into the woods, beyond the tall dark trees (what's up with the trees all the time? I thought they were supposed to be in danger of extinction or something... isn't that why we have Sting and his wife?) to a secluded spot where the plotting whispers are coming from. My eyes automatically narrow, pupils dilate adjusting to the darkness and I instantly wish they wouldn't as my vision fills with two disheveled silhouettes chatting away.

What the hell?

I almost shout, startled, as a subdued chuckle pierces my ear. What the hell is going on? Why is Carter giggling. .. and with Daniel, for crying out loud!?

I'm frozen in place, unsure of which fact is making my heart thump and sending hot tingles down my left arm. The fact that it's *Daniel* and *Carter*. ..? The fact that they're BOTH blatantly ignoring the team fraternization rules. ..? Or the fact that this is the first time I have seen Carter even flash a smile since I came back from that. .. thingie on Edora?

Involuntarily I swallow hard, mouth and lips suddenly dry, forehead coated with a fine layer of sweat. Peachy. I shake my head. .. how did things change so radically in only a few months? (It has been only a few months, right? I'm not gonna wake up in some Goa'uld torture chamber all delusional and. .. stuff?) Eyes front and center, O'Neill! When did. ..*this* come about?! I feel my fists clenching and try to calm down my seriously advanced palpitation.

Without further ado. ..

What the HELL is that supposed to mean, Danny boy? What's was the point in you saying *that*? I mean, he *does* usually ramble on about things I don't understand (or just plain don't feel like listening to) but. .. huh? I glare at the happy couple and watch in horror, the tingle in my left arm returning. Oh, I seriously hope I'm not having a heart attack. Although, this damn situation *has* enough trauma-effect to give me a stroke or two.

I still observe in complete and utter shock, safely hidden behind my good friend, the tree as Daniel helps Carter up, who's doubling over with restrained giggles (would make a nice Kodak sticky film scene. .. if it wasn't making me sick to my stomach). Danny pulls her up and stares at her, a blissful grin stuck to his face. He gives her his best imitation of an unsympathetic look (seen those when Janet asks him to have a serious talk with Cassie) and tucks a small white flower behind her ear. Umm. ..

"Sam, behave!" he says a little too loud, (or maybe it seems that way now to my sharply tuned ears?)

Carter bites her bottom lip humorously and raises an eyebrow in a way that would put even Teal'c to shame, "You know I don't *do* flowers, Daniel. .."

Okay, O'Neill, whatever the hell this is, it's none of your business, I assure myself and try to walk away, but Daniel's voice stops me dead in my tracks. Slowly turn around, Jack, you don't want to topple over into the mud and cause a scene, right?

"You didn't let me do this *my* way back home, so, let me do it here. .."

I finally turn around slowly, eyes returning to my two teammates. Where is Teal'c when I need him? He might be able to help with this stupid thing or at least drag *me* away.

Carter nods, face flushed, cheeks so unbelievably pink. Daniel takes her hand and bows to what I presume is an imaginary audience. A serious expression pasted on his face, he's almost shouting,

"Okay. .. let me finish *this* time. .." he clears his throat amusedly, "Ahem, without further ado, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Samantha Jackson, my precious wife, whom I will cherish with all my heart and devote every breathing second of my existence. .."

Carter blushes and punches him playfully as Daniel's words echo a few times in the forest, each repeat adding another stab to my chest, (Et tu, Brutus?) "Never said I'd take your name, Daniel. It sounds. .. too 16thcentury Britain."

I slump to the wet ground. Wife? Married? I. .. I never in my life thought that. ..

I shake my head, trying to remember how to breathe and the same little annoying thought comes back to haunt me. When? Why? And why. .. *him*? Wow. .. I mean, WOW!

"Oh, 16thcentury Britain wasn't too bad a place. .. but you have a point. Wouldn't want to spend our honeymoon there."

Honeymoon? The best part of marriage, Jack, you remember it, right? What? Does that mean Teal'c and I have to buy them a toaster or something? But seriously. .. I know I never told her that I. .. I'm not going to use the word now, it seems somehow sacrilegious, but how does that give either of them the right to. ..

"Which brings up another discussion topic. .." Carter drapes her hands over his back, looking like she's expecting a piggy ride or something.

I close my eyes and look at them again. Carter. .. god, I can't even call her by her first name. .. looks at Daniel with a childish pout and he embraces her as she gives a delighted little yelp, mud splashing all over their bare feet.

"I know. .. and since you're the tough soldier person here, I guess you should have the honor of telling them."

Them? Probably means Teal'c and me. .. and General Hammond and Janet (who I'm sure was a bridesmaid -- no wonder she looked at me so strangely today) Without further ado, indeed. I don't get it. Daniel is. .. well, okay, openly honest about his feelings, easier to read then cliff-notes. .. doesn't *really* hesitate when it comes to all that mushy/feelings stuff. He just closes his eyes and runs in with a splash. Damn it, why'd *I* have to get wet this time?

"Right. .. how about we just keep it a secret until. .. well, indefinitely?" Carter asks hopefully as Daniel turns to her, arms wrapping around her waist. Their lips brush slightly as he just shakes his head humorously.

Without further ado. .. Carter. ..

I watch her as she gives herself wholeheartedly to their brief kiss, arms wrapping around his neck. I gave up on her while on Edora, so why did I expect her to. .. wait? (and. .. *why* the hell would I *want* her to wait? She's my 2IC, not my war widow or something)

Intently isn't the word I should use to describe the way I am looking at her right now. It's bordering on psychotic, but I can't tear myself away from the sight of her blond locks bouncing against Daniel's face, magnificent blue eyes closed passionately, lips pressed to his.

Strange, but I think I get it. They apparently found a way to cast their fears and doubts aside and just. .. go for it. Well, isn't that just peachy? It's all about them, huh? *Their* happiness, *their* whatever. .. What about the team? The dynamic, the level of trust and paranoia? Agh, I hope they have it all worked out, 'cause I sure as hell won't cut them any slack. ..

"I think Jack should be the first to know. He'll. .." Daniel starts, and Carter wrinkles her nose, burrowing her head in his shoulder with a groan,

". .. flip?"

"One way of putting it, but he'll probably just pat my back, give you a toaster and tell us he doesn't want to be woken up in the middle of the night by our fights about the color of the couch we plan to buy."

I chuckle to myself.

You forgot about my constant 'just married' jokes, Danny boy.

"I'm sure he'll find a 1001 way to drive us crazy." Carter says, sitting down with Daniel.

God, this is gonna be hell to adjust to, but. .. ah, I think I'll go make some coffee; they're gonna need it. I shake my head with a small smile, already planning to put transparent seran wrap on all the toilets to celebrate. Okay, it's time to shake Teal'c out of his Klorem thingie and get my sweet behind off to bed without a further ado.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Sandra