Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Giving Thanks

by S Patel
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Giving Thanks

Giving Thanks

by S. Patel

Title: Giving Thanks
Author: S. Patel
Email: sgpatel@pacbell.net
Category: Drabble
Holiday: Thanksgiving
Season: Season 4
Pairing: Daniel/Janet
Rating: PG
Warnings: none
Summary: Janet and Daniel give thanks this Thanksgiving.
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Title: Giving Thanks
Author: S. Patel
Email: sgpatel@pacbell.net
Category: Drabble, Dan and Jan
Spoilers: Singularity
Season/Sequel info: Could be any season, but I imagine it would be either Season 4 or 5 Rating: PG
Content Warnings: none
Summary: Janet and Daniel talk about giving thanks on Thanksgiving Date: 27/11/02 a.k.a Thanksgiving 2002

Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters belong to MGM, Gekko Corp and Double Secret Productions. Don't sue, because I have no money.

Author's Notes: First fan fiction, and it wasn't beta'd because I just did it on the whim.

All feedback and constructive criticism will be greatly appreciated.

Janet dried her hands on the dishtowel, and surveyed the kitchen once more. Satisfied that everything was cooking as planned Janet took the momentary quiet to collect her thoughts. Her quiet revere was broken when Daniel entered the kitchen.

"Hey, I was just wondering if you needed any help?" Daniel asked sheepishly. Janet smiled at Daniel's thoughtfulness, and replied, "Nope, everything is either cooking or warming. Dinner should be ready in about half an hour."

A comfortable silenced settled between the pair. Janet finally broke the silence, "So what is everyone doing to keep themselves busy until dinner is ready?"

"Ah, well Sam and Jack are watching the football game. Teal'c is playing chess with Cassie, the dog is sleeping, and I came to see if you needed any help. I figured without Jack to distract me I might actually be able to keep the flour in the bowl." Daniel replied.

Janet smiled as she remembered the earlier events. SG-1 had come over early offering to help her prepare Thanksgiving Dinner, but instead of helping they had just made a big mess. Teal'c was good at following directions, but he had to be shown and told every thing. Sam was a great scientist, but Janet knew from experience that she should never be allowed in the kitchen, because everything ended up being burned. Daniel, bless his heart, had tried especially hard to be helpful, but with Colonel O'Neill around trying to entertain Cassie and the rest of SG-1, he just ended up making a big mess. Finally, Janet had tired to craziness and ordered everyone out of her kitchen.

"Well the offer is greatly appreciated Daniel, but honestly there's nothing left to be done," Janet said. "Would you like some more coffee?"

"That would be great," Daniel replied as he handed Janet his empty cup, "Sam decided to have everyone give thanks at dinner, any idea what you're going to say?"

Janet thoughtfully sipped her own coffee for a few moments before answering, "I'm thankful that everyone is healthy, and that I get to spend this day with everyone that I love and care about. What about you Daniel, what are you thankful for?"

"Oh, the same. Mostly, the getting to spend the day with everyone I care about."

"Daniel, but you get to spend everyday with SG-1."

"I don't get to spend everyday with EVERYONE I care about," Daniel replied as he moved closer.

"Well, I'll be sure to let the dog know that you care so much," Janet teased.

"I was thinking more about a human EVERYONE," Daniel replied as he took another step towards Janet.

Janet suddenly felt as if the kitchen was unbearably hot. "Ok, I'll be sure to tell Cassie," she said.

Daniel was now standing right in front of Janet, and she could smell the coffee on his breath, as he spoke, "I was thinking of someone a little older."

"Oh..." Janet would have said more, but she had lost control of her body the moment Daniel had leaned in and kissed her. Her arms had wrapped around his body drawing him closer to her. His fingers left a tingling sensation behind as they explored her body. When the need for oxygen finally caused Janet to break the kiss, she smiled and replied, "I guess I have something else to be thankful for."

The End.

If you enjoyed this story,please send feedback to S. Patel