Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Hallowe'en at the SGC

by Roque872002
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Hallowe'en at the SGC

Hallowe'en at the SGC

by roque872002

Title: Hallowe'en at the SGC
Author: roque872002
Email: roque872002@yahoo.co.uk
Category: Romance
Holiday: Halloween
Season: future Season
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: sexual situations
Summary: Ever wondered what a Hallowe'en party at the SGC would be like? And what
they'd be wearing?
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Summary: Ever wondered what a Hallowe'en party at the SGC would be like? And what they'd be wearing?

Authors notes: Sam's costume was inspired by a friend who wore the virtually same thing this past Hallowe'en when she went gizin' (the UK way of Trick or Treatin') with the kids in her village. This was beta read by Katie (Azura), thanx Az!!

Disclaimer: I only own: the two O'Neill children at the end of the story so don't sue me fer cryin' out loud! please don't! I'll do nethin! I'm beggin here!!

Hallowe'en at the SGC

Jack put the poster on the de-briefing table in front of Sam and Jonas. Jonas had a confused look on his face, he didn't know what a Hallowe'en party was, Sam was just surprised that the SGC was throwing one. Jack was waiting for their response.

"Anyone up for it?" he asked them.

"Yeah, I'll do it!" Jonas said enthusiastically.

"I ... I think I'm doing something that night." Sam said, trying to get out of it.

"No, you're not, not anymore that is!"

"Oh, I don't wanna go!" she whined, like a 5 year old.

"Carter, you have to go, Simmons is going to be there, and we all know how much he loves you. Come on Carter. Go to make him happy!!"

"No!" she said.

"Yes!" he said.

"No!" she repeated.

"Yes!" he said again.

"No!"

"No!" he said, to throw her off.

"Yes!" he tricked her with that old joke, she was defeated. "I mean NO!"

"Too late Carter, you already said yes!"

"I hate it when that happens!"

They all stood up as General Hammond walked through the door.

"As you were," they all sat.

"General, please tell Carter that she's going to this party!" Jack whined.

"Major, you're going!"

"But ...."

"No buts Major, Colonel you're taking her,"

"Okay, ....... WHAT?!?"

"Direct orders, from the President himself." he stated, then pushed a piece of paper to the Colonel, whose jaw nearly hit the floor. It was true, he had to take Sam to the party, then take her home. Sam took the piece of paper from him, her jaw too, almost hit the ground with disbelief.

"You can't be serious!" Sam said, totally shocked.

"I am serious Major, Colonel O'Neill will be picking you up and taking you home, is that clear?"

"Yes Sir," they said in unison.

"And it clearly states that it's fancy dress, so I expect you all to come in a costume." Everyone's faces dropped, Hammond smiled at their response. "Now on with the briefing."

At 1840 hours Jack turned up at Sam's house. He got out of his car and walked up to the door. He was dressed as Count Dracula. Janet made him dress him like that, she had even done his makeup! He knocked on Sam's door, she answered a few seconds later. She was dressed in civvies.

"It's fancy dress you know." he stated.

"Love your costume! Yeah I know, I just need to get changed. Janet dropped something off earlier. Haven't looked at it yet, come in, have a seat, help yourself to beer, make yourself at home. I'm going to get changed."

"Thanks," he said as he went to get a beer from the fridge. Sam ran upstairs to get changed, as she took her costume out of the bag her face dropped. A red sequin jacket, which went down to her knees, a short red sequin skirt and a red sequin top. She also had red sequin high heels. She dug deeper into the bag, she found more: a blonde wig (with hair that came down past her shoulders) with devil's horns, and a devil's staff. 'I'm not wearing that!' she thought.

"Come on Sam!" Jack yelled from the bottom of the stairs. She had taken 15 minutes already just looking at her costume.

"I'm coming!" she had no choice, she had to wear it, she had nothing else. She put it on, ran down stairs with the staff and the wig in her hands.

"What are you meant to be?"

"The Devil." she said, a little embarrassed. "Could you help me put on this wig?"

"Yeah sure." he did it quickly and perfectly. She was amazed that he knew how to put on a wig on another person like that. He saw her surprised look and explained.

"Charlie's friend Sapphire had one of those, they used to be in the school football team together. She asked if I knew how to put one of those on, cos her and Charlie were going to a Hallowe'en party with the rest of the gang, so I tried and I managed, she used to get me to do that all the time, for Christmas, Hallowe'en, and so on."

At the party, when they entered the hall, Janet came rushing towards them. She was dressed as Frankenstein's wife.

"Come on Sam, Ladies room!" She dragged her off, leaving Jack to find Jonas and Teal'c. He found them, no problem.

In the 'Ladies room' Janet was touching up her make-up, then started on Sam's since she didn't have time to put any on.

"I'm surprised you actually wore that!"

"I had no choice!!! I didn't have anything else!!"

"What does Jack think about the part under the jacket?"

"He hasn't seen it yet."

"And let me guess, he isn't going to?"

"Yep, there is no I'm taking this off, I'm not wandering round like a tart!"

"Come on Sam! It'll be fun! Look at me! I'm Frankenstein's wife! Jonas is Frankenstein, he made me come like this!"

"Yeah well at least you're covered up!"

"Come on Sam I dare ya!"

"No! I'm not wandering round like I can't afford a half decent skirt!"

"But you won't, you should see Lt. Dixon! It looks as though she hasn't got anything on! The dress is tiny!"

"She's much younger than me though!"

"I don't care! Jack is going to see what you have on before the end of the night! And that's an order from a friend!" With that they left the 'Ladies room' and went back to the party. They were greeted by Jack, Teal'c, Jonas and General Hammond.

Teal'c was dressed as a werewolf (Sort of). Jonas was Frankenstein and General Hammond was a vampire. Jonas' face dropped when he saw Sam in the Devil's costume, General Hammond was shocked, shall we say.

"Major, Doctor, nice of you to join us," said Jack.

"We were wondering if you got lost." said Jonas.

"No, I was doing Sam's make-up. And we were talking, about things."

"Okay, let's see if we can fill the dance floor! All get a partner and make your way to the dance floor. Let's see if we can suss out a cutest couple!" the DJ said.

"Doctor?" asked Jonas

"Sure." she replied.

Teal'c wandered off and found a young Lt. to dance with. General Hammond was asked to be another judge, which left Sam and Jack standing alone.

"Wanna dance?" asked Jack. "You don't have to if you don't want to ...." he started to trail off.

"I'd love to." Sam said, Jack offered his hand and led her to the dance floor. They danced closely and slowly to the music.

"Woke up today thinking of you

Another night that I made my way through

So many dreams still left in my mind

But they can never come true, yeah

I press rewind and remember when

I close my eyes and I'm with you again

But in the end I can still feel the pain - every time I hear your name

The sun won't shine since you went away

Seems like the rain's falling everyday

There's just one heart, where there once was two

But that's the way it's gotta be,

'Til I get over you ...

Walked through the park, in the evening air

I heard a voice and I thought you were there

I run away but I just can't escape

Memories of you everywhere

They say that time will dry the tears

But true love burns for a thousand years

Give my tomorrow's for one yesterday

Just to know that I could have you here

The sun won't shine since you went away

Seems like the rain's falling everyday

There's just one heart, where there once was two

But that's the way it's gotta be,

'Til I get over you ...

When will this river of tears stop fallin'

Where can I run so I won't feel alone

Can't walk away when the pain keeps callin'

I've gotta take it from here on my own

But it's so hard to let go, oh

The sun won't shine since you went away

Seems like the rain's falling everyday

There's just one heart, where there once was two

But that's the way it's gotta be,

'Til I get over you...

It's the way it's gotta be, `til I get over you, you .... `til I get over you."

They all moved apart from their dance partners, and waited for the Judge's decision. General Hammond stood up and all was quiet.

"With some, different opinions, we have decided on the winning couple." The DJ started a drum roll, "And the winners are ..................... Major Samantha Carter and Colonel Jack O'Neill! Aka: The Devil and Count Dracula!"

All eyes fixed on Sam and Jack, then the cheering began. General Hammond motioned them to the front, they struggled to get there but eventually got there. General Hammond presented them with an envelope and a cheeky smile, that made Sam and Jack wonder.

Sam and Jack wandered off to the corner of the room, they were closely followed by Janet, Jonas and Teal'c. They sat down beside them, Jack handed Sam the envelope, she took it reluctantly and opened it. She pulled out a piece of paper and read it. Her face went white instantly. Jack took the paper from her to see what was wrong. He almost subsided in shock, Janet, Jonas and Teal'c all made an attempt to grab it, but Janet got in first. Her jaw dropped, then she read a summary of the letter to Teal'c and Jonas.

"The winners have to conceive a child in the next 72 hours. The consequence of not fulfilling this is being removed from the Stargate programme and the Airforce." Her voice filled with disbelief. "Well, you two better get started!" That comment earned an evil glare from Sam and Jack.

"I'm going home," Sam declared, getting up.

"Not without Colonel O'Neill you aren't!" Said Jonas, another evil glare was given. "General Hammond said remember? Direct orders. He has to bring you and take you home."

"I think you had better O'Neill, otherwise General Hammond will find out, with you still present and Major Carter not in sight."

"Thanks Teal'c, that makes me feel so much better!" he said sarcastically.

He got up and walked with Sam to his car and drove her home. The journey was awkward, it was silent, the entire time. He walked her to her door, and said goodnight. He turned away, Sam put her hand out to him as she called after him.

"Jack?"

"Yeah?"

"You want coffee or somethin'?"

"Yeah, why not?" he walked back up to her and followed her into her house. She put the keys on the table, Jack shut the door behind him, then followed her to the kitchen.

"Do you mind if I take this make-up off? It's startin' to itch."

Sam laughed. "No, go ahead. What do you want?"

"Beer would be nice." He washed the make up off his face as Sam got two beers out of the fridge. Jack dried his face with the towel Sam had handed him. They walked into the living room and sat down on the sofa, drinking their beers quietly. Jack broke the silence.

"So ...... do you think that letter was a joke?"

"I dunno. Seems a strange prize though"

"You got that right, I thought it would be something like a cheque or something along those lines."

"Yeah, that's what I thought it would be."

"So, do we just ignore it, or what?"

"Ignore it. I think. Oh, I don't know!" Jack put his beer on the coffee table and then put Sam's with it.

"What?" she asked as he took her hands.

"This is really hard to say, but I think you ought to know, so ..... I'll show you instead."

"Show me what?" she asked confused. He put his hands on her waist, leaned in closer and kissed her softly, without realizing what she was doing, she put her hands round his neck, he deepened the kiss, and lay her back onto the sofa. Then air became a problem, they had to move apart to breath.

"So you think we should do what the 'prize' says?"

"Oh yeah! Whatta you think?"

"Would be nice being a mum, come to think of it."

"That a yes?"

"Yeh sure yeh betcha!" He stood up, pulled her to her feet and carried her to the bedroom.

9 MONTHS LATER

"Congratulations guys! It's a boy!" said Janet.

"I thought you said, when she had the scan, it was twins."

"Give her time Colonel!" Then the second child came.

"It's a girl!"

If you enjoyed this story,please send feedback to roque872002