Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Blast to the past - EPILOGUE

by Roque872002
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Blast to the past - EPILOGUE

Blast to the past - EPILOGUE

by roque872002

Title: Blast to the past - EPILOGUE
Author: roque872002
Email: roque872002@yahoo.co.uk
Category: MissingScene/Epilogue
Episode related: 220 1969
Season: future Season
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: minor language, sexual situations
Summary: what happened between 1983 and now?
Sequel to: Blast to the Past
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

EPILOGUE

summary: what happened between 1983 and now? sequel to: Blast to the Past.

1 week after Sam's 14th birthday.

Sam and Jack sat on the sofa watching TV when Leah and Jacob came in from the Air Force dance they had just been to. It was well past 4 in the morning.

"You kids havin' fun?" Jacob asked.

"Yeah, this guy, Andy, has just went into a haunted house and is getting brutally murdered, while his girlfriend is made to watch everything. It was bet, to see if he could stay in the house for the night, without turning chicken, and running home scared. It's actually really good, for a horror," said Sam.

"Sounds nice," said Jacob, sarcastically.

"Yeah, and the guy that plays Andy, is really good lookin'!" said Sam.

"And the teenage years begin!" said Jack. That comment earned an elbow in the ribs from Sam. "What it's true, well that's what my dad says."

"And when do you ever listen to your dad?" asked Jacob.

"Erm ......... never." Jack replied.

"Well, on a happier note. I just got a raise, I'm planning to take your mother, Mark, and yourself to Australia. Jack do you wanna come?" Jacob asked.

"Why do you want me to come, not that ungrateful for the offer, it just seems weird, that's all."

"Well, Sam needs someone to talk to, your really the only one she really talks to now, when she's not at school, your always over, like a member of the family. Whatta ya say?"

"That'd be great! Thanks Jacob!"

"Right, I'll make the booking arrangements later on, but right now, I think I'll go to bed. Night kids."

"Night Dad, night mum."

"G'night Jacob, Leah."

"Night kids, remember to actually get some sleep," said Leah.

"We will, eventually," said Sam, as her mother closed the door behind her.

3 hours later, Sam and Jack were asleep on the sofa, the TV still on. Sam had her head rested on Jack's lap and an arm draped over his legs, Jack lay to the side, with an arm draped over the sofa arm and the other over Sam's back.

Jacob walked in from the living room, eating his toast, when he saw them sound asleep on the sofa. They looked so peaceful, he went to fetch is wife and his camera. They entered the room, and just as Jacob was about to take the picture, Mark entered.

"Dad, where's the charger for the racing cars?"

"In the cupboard in the kitchen along with all the other batteries and things."

"Thanks,"

Jacob took the picture, and with the flash going off, they both started to wake.

"Wha? What's going on?" asked Sam sleepily.

"Nothing, just taking a picture of you two sleeping. You looked so cute, couldn't you stay like that all the time?"

"Funny dad, what time is it?"

"It's just turned 8am."

"8???? 8am? Already? Damn, I've got that meeting in an hour, I better get going, I'll see you all later, kay?" Jack said as he got up, put his shoes on and grabbed his jacket.

"Yeah, okay, should I meet you anywhere?" asked Sam.

"Erm ... just here?"

"Yeah, that's fine."

"Bye Jacob, bye Mark, bye Leah!!!" he called up the stairs to Leah.

"Bye Jack, see you soon no dout." she called to him.

"Probably." he replied.

"Bye Jack, have fun." said Jacob.

"Hey Jack, when you come back, want a hammerin' at rally cars?"

"You're goin' down mate! I'll see ya later Sam,"

"Bye," he kissed her goodbye.

"Bye Jacob."

"Bye Jack."

Sam closed the door behind him, and smiled at her father before heading to her room and closing the door behind her. Jacob smiled at his little girl, it was hard to believe that she was missing this time last year. Now she was back with her savior to look after her, they had gotten really close. Jacob suspected that they were in love with each other, but the kiss they shared in front of him confirmed his suspicions.

Sam sat in front of her mirror, brushing her hair when her mother walked in with a pile of her clothes that had just been ironed.

"Jack coming back later?"

"Yeah, I think so, he said he'd meet me here, and Mark challenged him to a rally car game."

"Jack'll win, he always does when Mark challenges him. You two have gotten really close the past year, but I suppose that's natural, considering what happened."

"Yeah, he's like my personal body guard."

1986,(Sam's mum wasn't killed in the car crash, coz Jack picked her up. And I'm just making this war up.)

Jack knocks on the Carter household door, Mark answers.

"Hey, come on in, how'd the meeting go?"

"It was a meeting, nothing really important happened, they disagreed, they agreed, it ended, I came here. Just a normal boring Air Force meeting."

"Waste of time then?"

"Yep," he replied.

"Hi Jack!" said Leah, "Sam's in her room if you want her."

"Yeah, thanks, could ......... could I speck to you for a minute Leah?"

"Yeah, sure, Mark go do something."

"Okay," he said longly as he went into the living room, beside his father.

"What's up?" Leah asked him.

"Firstly, I have no idea how I'm gonna tell Sam this. It's really gonna upset her."

"What is?"

"I've just been drafted."

"Oh my God, you haven't, please say you haven't." she begged.

"Here," he handed her a letter that he had gotten at the meeting. She read it and her face fell, tears formed in her eyes. If he went to this ... this war, he'd most likely be killed.

"Secondly I ... I was wondering, if ... if I could, you know, it's stupid, I'm not gonna bother asking."

"Jack, what? What is it?" Leah asked.

"I was wondering if I could ask Sam to marry me, you know before I went, so I'd have something to look forward to, when I come back. If I come back." his voice started fading at his last sentance.

"Jack, you deserve everything Sam has to give you. She owes you her life, Jacob and I owe you her life. If it means anything, you have my consent to marry her, I'm sure you'd have Jacob's too."

"Thanks Leah," he said as tears formed in his eyes, and moved into hug her. Leah hugged him back, fear welled inside her, she could loose him. Sam would loose him.

"Hi Jack! Thought I heard you down here!" said Sam happily, as she bounced down the stairs. Sam now 16 years of age, was a fully fledged young woman with loads of energy.

"Sam, we need to talk, it's really important," Jack said as he pulled back from the hug.

"I'll .... leave you two alone." said Leah as she left them and went into the living room.

"What's up?" asked Sam, sounding as though she didn't want to here what he was about to say.

"Sam, this is really hard to say, and this has really put me in an awkward position."

"What has?" now she was really woried.

"I've been drafted and ....... I'm going to war."

"NO! NO YOU CAN'T GO! YOU CAN'T!" she yelled as she cried heartfully.

"Sam, I have to, there's nothing I can do about it. I'm sorry." he pulled her into a comforting hug, and kissed her hair and whispering "I'm sorry," and "You'll be all right."

Leah, Jacob and Mark stood watching them at the door. They moved to that position when they heard Sam yelling at Jack, and thought that he might need some protection. Leah hugged into Jacob crying, he hugged her back. They were going to loose the son and brother they never had.

"Jack, you have my consent," Jacob said softly to him.

With that, Jack pulled away from the hug and dug his hand into his pocket. He knelt down on one knee, took Sam's hands and opened the little velvet box.

"Sam, I know I've not know you for that long a time, but I feel as though I've known you forever, if it wasn't for that bastard taking you, I probably would have never of met you. So I'm asking you this, will you marry me?"

Sam's mouth dropped, her face blank. Finally she found her voice after the shock subsided.

"Yes, yes I will marry you."

Jack put the ring on her finger, stood up and took her into his arms. Leah sobbed harder, her little girl was getting married, when he came back. If he came back.

Jack ran through the corridors of the hospital, in search of Sam's delivery ward. Sam was now in seroius labour, at the age of 19. It was their first, or so they thought.

Jack ran into the delivery room, and stooped as he saw Jacob and Leah holding each of her hands as she gave birth. They all looked at him, a smile lit Sam's face as she saw him standing there, in BDU'S, and looking very out of breath.

He was ordered by the nusres to wash his hands, if he wanted to hold his children. His face dropped, children, twins. He washed his hands as quick as he could, and changed into the clean clothes that the nusres gave him.

Leah let him hold Sam's hand, the first child was arriving.

2 hours later, Sam held her son in her arms, while Jack held his daughter. They decided to call their son Charlie and their daughter McKennzie. As the two O'Neill children lay asleep in their parents arms, the nurses came into to check on them, they were 7 weeks early. They were a bit small but they were perfectly healthy newborns.

At the age of 26 Sam was in serious labour once again, this time Jack was at her side the whole time. She had another girl, they named her Katie.

SG-1 and Jacob Carter walked through the event horizon, Jack had the two papers in his hand, to show the General what he had done. A young brunette of about 4 ran up to them shouting: "DADDY! MUMMY! GRANDPA! TEAL'C! JONAS! YOU'RE HOME! YEAHY!!!"

Sam looked at Jack and smiled then bent down and picked up the girl who wanted up.

Two young teens ran into the 'Gate room.

"Katie! There you are! We've been looking all over for you! I wish you wouldn't run off like that!"

"Oh shut up McKennzie! She's with mum and dad! Nothin to worry about!"

"No YOU shut up Charlie!.."

"HEY!! Why don't you both shut up, come over here, and give us all a hug."

They both walked over to them and gave them all a hug.

"Awwwwww ........... family reunion"

"Hi Janet!" said Sam

"You lot have fun?"

"Oh yeah, you have no idea!" said Jack sarcastically.

"I want to check you all out in the infirmary anyway, sssooo ....... off we go!"

"Mum? Can I go and play with Charlie and McKennzie now?"

"Course you can," Sam put the little girl down.

"Thank you" and she ran off after them.

"Sam?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm just guessin' here but I think that their ours and we're married."

"What gives you that idea?" she asked sarcastically

"Woah! Nice ring!" said Jonas.

Sam looked down at her hand, a gorgeous ring on her wedding finger, diamonds, gold and sparkling.

"Just a hunch!" said Jack as he noticed his ring, then he walked ahead, smiling.

*~THE END~*

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to roque872002