Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Sam pts 4-6

by Roque872002
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Sam pts 4-6

Sam pts 4-6

by roque872002

Summary: When Sam dies Jack is left to look after their daughter without her, how will he cope?
Category: Future Story
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: minor character death, minor language, violence
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 04/07/03

Sam - Part 4.

Jack made his way up to his daughters room after he saw Nick out. He knocked on the, when he didn't get an answer he opened the door and went in. He saw his beautiful 16-year-old daughter sound asleep on her bed.

He walked up to her and pulled back her covers. He then kissed her on the forehead and whispered: "I love ya hun." He picked the flowers on her dresser then left the room.

A few minutes later he returned with the brightly coloured flowers in a vase. He put it down on her dresser then sliently left the room again, this time closing the door.

~*~ Sam's Dream ~*~

Bra'tak entered Major Carter's room. She was sitting on the bed looking at a small child, she was singing a little nursery rhyme called Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Bra'tak couldn't help but smile at the sight.

"Excuse me Major Carter, but our ship has arrived, it would be best if we leave now."

Sam looked up at the sound of his voice, and smiled at him. He'd been so good to her over the years, but now was the one thing that really put him into her favourite person's book. He had some outside information, and had managed to get a ship to take herself and her little baby home.

She got up and walked over to him. She kissed him on the cheek, they smiled at each other before leaving the room. They didn't have any resistance on the way to the transporter rings.

They stood in the middle of the room, then the rings came down. They were transprted onto the ship and made their way to the surface. The ship wasn't all that well prepaired, they wouldn't be able to get them to Earth, so they would have to use the Stargate on the planet below.

For some strange reason, they were'nt attacked on the way down to the planet. Either on their way to the rings ...... something was up. They just thought themselves lucky, until they reached the planet.

They left the ship and made their way to the Stargate, 3 quarters of the way there, and only a few feet from the DHD, they were attacked. Staff weapon and zat blasts went off in all directions.

One of Bra'tak's students made their way to the DHD without being hit and dialled Earth's coordinates. Another sent the GDO signal, and motioned for them to hurry, or they'd never make it. Sam and Bra'tak ran towards the open wormhole. They were almost there when Bra'tak heard Sam scream.

He turned round and saw her lying on the ground, with her baby lying protectivly in her arms. Bra'tak and the student who sent the GDO signal ran back and grabbed the two females. Then they made their way to the Stargte once more, they jumped through.

~*~Flashback~*~ Sam and Bra'tak ran towards the open wormhole. They were almost there when Bra'tak heard Sam scream.

~*~Flashback~*~ Sam and Bra'tak ran towards the open wormhole. They were almost there when Bra'tak heard Sam scream.

She was shot, She was shot, She was shot.

~*~End of Sam's Dream~*~

Sam sprung up on her bed and started screaming. Jack was reading the rest of the paper, when he suddenly jumped. Sam was screaming. He dropped the paper and ran to her room. He pushed open the door, and then hugged her tightly.

"Sam? What is it?"

Sam was still crying, she couldn't stop. She had just had a vision of her mother dying, something that is not easy to forget. She looked up at her father, and saw him looking at her as though he was going to loose her.

"I ... I just had a dream, I ... I just saw mum die."

Jack face had a scared expression on it. She now knew the truth on how her mother died. Something he wanted to keep from her for a while yet. Until she was old enough to understand the truth.

"Why didn't you tell me how she died?" Sam asked her father. She demanded that she be told the truth. Something she had never demanded before, she just excepted that she was shot on a mission in the Air Force. Something she knew wasn't true.

"I was going to tell, when you were older, so you would understand better," he told her honestly.

"Dad, I'm 16 now, I would understand. You could have told me the truth!" she got out of her father's grasp easily and left the bedroom. Jack sat on her bed and put his head in his hands.

Sam re-entered her room with her balckand pink sports bag. She dumped it at the foot of her bed and put in her over-night things. She then left the room again, a few minutes later Jack heard the TV was on.

Sam crept put of her bed and pulled some clothes out of her wardrobe, she also put in her spare hair brush and bobbles, next she put in her mini-disc and discs. After she put more things in, and made sure everything was there she went back to bed and slept til morning.

Jack woke Sam up in the morning at 7:15, when she yet again failed to get up at 7am. It was just a typical Monday morning in the O'Neill household. Everything seemed normal, they got up, they had breakfast they left for school and work. Normal. Perfectly Normal.

When Sam made sure that her father was away to work she went back to the house and grabbed her sports bag. She went back out the house and relocked the door. She made her way to the train station and got a train to Minnesota, to the town where she grew up.

At 1845 Jack unlocked his house door and went inside. Sam was always scared of being in the hose by herself, she she always had the door locked. Normal. Perfectly normal.

Jack shouted for her, when he got no answer he looked round the living room, kitchen and hall. Still she wasn't there. He called to her again. Still no answer. He checked everywhere in the house. No sign of her.

Now he was worried, she was always at home, and if she wasn't, she would leave a note. He walked over to the phone and pressed the speed-dial number for Bernadette, she would know where Sam was.

"Hello?" Bernadette asked.

"Hi Bernadette, is Sam there?"

"Jack? Is that you?"

"Yeah, it is."

"No, Sam's not here, she wasn't at school either, I was just about to call, to see if she was alright."

"She's not there? She's not here either, any idea on where she might be?"

"Nope, I could call the rest of the gang and phone you back?"

"Yeah, that would be great, thanks Bernadette."

"Anytime Jack, call ya soon."

"Yeah, bye." Jack put the phine back in the holder and waited for Bernadette to call back. Hopefully Sam would be one of her friends, hopefully.

About 5 minutes later Bernadette called back, no one had seen her at school or after. Something was definatly up, and Jack was going to find out. He called the police (cops for Americans), and reported that she was missing.

But they insisted that they couldn't declare anyone missing until they had been gone for at least 24 hours. But Jack didn't know when she went missing, wait, he did! She didn't turn up for school, she must have gone missing then.

She was either taken by some pervert or run away. Jack hoped like hell it wasn't the first one, but running away wouldn't be much better. But why would she go? Where would she go?

Then it hit him. He wasn't spending enough time with her lately, and he's been lying to her a lot lately too. She must have felt neglected. He drove her to this, well! That made him feel SO much better!!! But where she went, he didn't know, it could be anywhere.

Jack didn't sleep at all that night. When Jack got a call from the police the next morning, she was declared offically missing. It was on the news that morning, an important message that had just come in on the 7am news.

Jack put on the TV and tried not to think about what his daughter was doing at that very moment. But it didn't last long, the news came on. The reporter sat at his desk and looked at the paper he had just been handed.

"And this has just come in! 16-year-old Samantha Carter-O'Neill has just offically been report missing. Samantha was hit by a car earlier this year and has made excellent progress. Now when her father General Jack O'Neill thought things couldn't get worse, his daught er has yet again gotten into trouble. We do not know as of yet if she has been taken or has just run away. More news will be broadcasted when it arrives."

Jack switched off the TV, so much for not thinking about what his daughter could be doing anyway.

pt 5

Sam - Part 5.

Sam got off the train and put on her cap, if she had been reported missing -and she would most likely had already - then she didn't want anyone to see her. She readjusted her bag on her shoulder and made her way out of the train station. All she needed to do was to get the bus and find somewhere to stay.

She stood at the bus-stop and put on her mini-disc player, and of course being the nick Carter fan that she was, nick was playing. She looked round at the movement that was going on around her. The bus was pulling up.

She boarded the bus and sat at the back. All the way to her home town she started to remember what it was like to grow up there. She missed it here, and no matter how many times her father said that Colorado was her home and always has been, she always insisted that a home is a place where you grew up, and this was the place where she grew up.

The bus stopped and she got off, stood on the curb for a little while, before making her way to the nearest B&B. She knew there was one near by, she used to work there before she moved. It had good pay and working hours, the staff were friendly and it was almost like a second home. She thought that she would be welcome there. They were always looking for staff.

She made her way up the path to the B&B and walked into the building, people were rushing about, well they defiantly needed staff, that was for sure! She made her way up to the singing in desk and spoke to the owner.

Jack sat in his office in the SGC, his head on the table and his arms round it. He really didn't need any bother from anyone at the minute. Things were just going wrong for him, again.

Just when he thought that he would just fall into nothingness like he wanted to, there was a knock at the door. Great, just great. Just what he needed! couldn't he just grieve in peace?!?!

"Yeah?!?" he shouted to the person(s) on the other side of the door.

Janet's head appeared from behind the slightly open door, what she saw didn't surprise her. "Jack? You all right?" she asked with concern in her voice.

"Whatt'ya think Jan? Sam's ran away and could be in a lot of trouble for all I know!" he raised his head and saw that Janet had sat down on his desk. She was staring at him with concern.

"It isn't your fault she ran away Jack, she was just under a lot of pressure, like normal 16-year-old girls. Any idea on where she would've went?"

"It was my fault she ran away Jan! I wasn't spending enough time with her lately! And ... and I was lying to her a lot lately too. I told her that Jacob could get here because he had a lot to do and he'd get here soon, that was over a month ago now. Jacob's probably trying to get away, but you know the Tok'ra can get!"

After a few minutes of trying to persuade Jack that he wasn't the reason Sam had run away, Janet left the man to grieve in his own way. Obviously she wasn't getting through to him, if only Sam was here (Sg-1 Sam) .......... Things may have been different.

Things would have been different! Lil Sam might not have been 16 yet! she may have never been born, no life of lil Sam what-so-ever .............

Sam approached the owner, Mrs. Brown, and put her hands on the counter. Mrs. Brown looked up and smiled at her, although she didn't know who she was at the time, she could feel the familiarity with her, like she was someone she knew.

"Hello there, how may I help you?" Mrs. Brown asked politely.

"Hi Mrs. Brown, I was wondering if my old job was still open?" Sam said to her, just as polite.

"Who? ... SAM?!?" Mrs. Brown stood up and took the cap off Sam's head. "What are you doing here?? You've been officially reported missing! Your father must be very worried!!!"

"Ssshhh! I don't want anyone to know it's me just yet! And besides I don't think dad would notice anyway, he's not been around much, and I feel like that I've just been thrown out of his life. Works too important just now for a daughter to get in the way."

"Now Sam! Don't you talk like that! Your father loves you very much, and you know that! And no! you cannot have you job back! Your going back to Colorado where you belong!"

Mrs. Brown got out of her seat, went round to Sam and pulled her towards the exit. She shouted to the reception assistant that she was going to take Sam home. They went outside and back to the bus stop. The receptionist done what she thought was right, and called the police, informing them that Sam had been found and that Mrs. Brown was bringing her home.

Jack lifted his head from his desk at the sound of the red phone ringing. He picked it up and put it to his ear.

"O'Neill," he said into the receiver.

"General Jack O'Neill?" came a voice from the other end.

"Yeah, who's calling?"

"It's Sergeant Walker of the police force, we found Sam," there was a few moments quietness. "General O'Neill?"

"Yeah? I'm here, you found Sam?"

"Yes Sir, alive and well, she made her way to her home town in Minnesota, and went to the B&B she used to work at asking for her job back. Mrs. Brown is bringing her back to Colorado now. They should be here in a couple of hours."

"Thanks Sergeant," Jack said then hung up the phone. He got up and ran to the infirmary. Janet was checking medical charts for some of her patients when he came running in, disturbing the peace.

"Janet! They found Sam! They found Sam!"

AT THE TRAIN STATION

Mrs. Brown was hauling Sam through the crowd of people towards the entrance where her father would be. They had to dodge people every other person, Saturday really was the worst day at those places!

"GOD! It's like feeding time at the zoo!" exclaimed Mrs. Brown as she pulled Sam along.

They finally made their way outside the building, and saw an SGC car pull up a few feet in front of them. Jack got out and practically run over to them, his dress blues jacket flapping in the wind, and his hair going in all directions . He thanked Mrs. Brown for bringing her home and said it was good to see her again.

He made her let him pay her fare home, and taxi to the B&B. She accepted reluctantly, and made her way to the next train, as she felt the tension building between Sam and Jack.

Jack pushed her towards the car, and made her get in without a word. She wasn't allowed to say anything all the way to the SGC, she just sat there in silence, awaiting her punishment.

They made their silent way to Jack's office on level 28, and Jack pushed her in. Sam stood quietly and her father closed the door behind him, he went over to the door and closed that too. He then turned his attention back to Sam.

"What the hell did you think you were doing running away like that?!?" he shouted at her. He waited for a response but didn't get one, all he got was a teenager, his teenager, staring at the floor with her hands behind her back. He knew she was on the verge of tears.

He walked up to her and reached put for her shoulder, but she pulled away from him, and went closer to the door. Jack pulled back his extended arm and put it back beside his side, then brought it up to his head.

"What happened to us Sam? What happened? We used to be so close, then ... then this, why Sam? Why?"

"Oh I'll tell you what happened to us dad!" her head shot up and tears were running down her cheeks. "You've been lying to me for a while now, and don't even pretend to think that I didn't know, because I did! You've been too busy at work to think about anything else, and you know it! Why couldn't you just ell me the truth about mum? And all those other things you lied to me about! Why couldn't you pull yourself away from work for 5 minutes?"

Sam hated shouting at her father, and he hated shouting at her. Sam couldn't take anymore, she sunk to her knees and put her hands to her face as she cried openly. Jack felt awkward, he didn't know what to say or do, all that she said was true.

He slowly made his way over to her, and sat down beside her. He put his arm round her shoulders. Sam leaned into him and put her arms round his front as she cried on.

pt 6

Sam - Part 6.

Summary: All hell breaks loose in the O'Neill household

Janet made her way to the briefing room and noticed that Jack's door was shut. She looked through the window and saw Jack sitting up against the main door with a sleeping Sam in his arms. Jack was running his right hand through her blonde hair as she slept. She decided not to disturb them just yet, maybe later.

Janet then made her way down to the control room and told them not to disturb Jack just now, and if they did, it had to be really important. When Janet was making her way up the stair again, the klaxons went off.

Jack made his way down the stairs with a half asleep Sam behind him. Sam was rubbing her eyes when the IDC code was received. It was the Tok'ra. The iris spun open and a few seconds later Jacob Carter stepped through the event horizon.

"GRANDPA!" Sam shouted before running down to meet him, she ran up to him and flung her arms around his neck. He hugged her back and kissed her head.

Jack entered the room at a much slower pace, he didn't run like Sam did. He gave Jacob a handshake and a manly hug. They then proceeded to the briefing room to talk.

A little while later Sam, Jack and Jacob made their way home. All the way they made conversation, but nothing about Sam running away came up, not just yet anyway.

At 2300 hours, a very tired Sam made her way to her bedroom and fell asleep. Jack and Jacob stayed up a little later and talked about how Sam was doing, but still Jack never mentioned about her and her running away.

Jacob was sure to find out sooner or later, but Jack didn't want to fill him in on the details just yet. Jack still hadn't let it sink in just yet, and there would be no way that he could explain it properly if he didn't know what he was talking about.

The next morning, Sam and Jack were both up early. Jacob decided to stay in bed a little while longer, he knew all about Sam running away. He wanted to let them patch things up a bit more before he came into it all.

To all my girls in the USA
Ya got a fine thing goin
So I gotta say
You been good to me
So now I'm down
Gotta drop the line
Gotta give em a shout

LA girls give me the sign
See you on the strip
Lookin too damn fine
My Texas honey's
Always on the road
Gimme lots of love at the Alamo
To my DC girls
Workin 9-5
With the business suits
Keep the country in line
All the Tampa girls
Lemme hear ya scream
On the Ybor strip
Walkin on the street

Why
Does she walk that way
Walk that way
Why
She spends my money the American way
Why
Coast to coast
New York to LA
To all my girls in the USA

I got a little thing in the Denver hills A real fine mama
With sex appeal
And Boston's got the ones I love
With the college girls
At the Aria
And I've always been down with the NYC
Cuz I love the legs
Of miss Liberty
Hawaii girls
Give me the lei
When I wanna treasure hunt
For some canday
And I still gotta get my desert fix
With some Vegas girls
Who know special tricks
To my Carolina girls
Lemme rock you all
To my Jersey girls
Chillin at the mall

Why
Does she walk that way
Why
She wears stars and stripes
And she's ready to play
Why
Coast to coast
New York to LA
Why
To all my girls in the USA

Girls in the USA
She'll make it hot when ya
Girls in the USA
Shake what you got for me
From the east coast
To the west coast
All around the world we're singin
Girls in the USA
She'll make it hot when ya
Girls in the USA
Shake what ya got for me
From the north town
To the dirty south
All around the world we're singin

To all the girls
That I might've missed
Don't take offense
You're on my list
If you wanna yell
Lemme hear ya say
God bless the girls of the USA

Why
Does she walk that way
Walk that way
Why
She spends my money the American way
Why
Coast to coast
New York to LA
To all my girls in the USA

Why
Does she walk that way
Why
She wears stars and stripes
And she's ready to play
Why
Coast to coast
New York to LA
Why
To all my girls in the USA

Sam appeared beside Jacob, then sat down beside him on the bed. Jacob knew why she was there: to make sure that her daughter didn't run off again. Sam hadn't visited in a while, she thought everything would be all right if she left for a few days. But no. Everything went upside down. Did she have to do everything?

Down stairs all hell broke loose. Pans clattered on the floor, cutlery could be head flying to the floor as if it was on a parachute jump. Plates smashed and glasses fell soon afterwards.

Lil Sam had been carrying things to the table when Jack, who hadn't been looking where he had been going, banged into her and sent the things flying. Sam had fallen to the floor because of her fathers weight and got glass in her arm, it wasn't bleeding much, but that was only because it hadn't sunk that far in.

Jack stumbled and broke his ankle. When he stumbled to the floor, he fell on top of Sam and more glass and broken kitchen material broke through her skin. A loud crack could be head from anywhere in the house as Sam's wrist was broken.

Jacob jumped up and ran down stairs while Sam disappeared and went into the unknown. Jacob ran down the stairs and into the kitchen. When he got there he started to wonder if a bomb had it the kitchen and left the rest of the house fully intact.

The sight before him was one of those father-daguhter moments. Jack cradled his crying daughter in his arms while he tried to withstand his own pain. Jacob went further into the kitchen and picked up the phoe, he dialed Janet's number at the SGC, (it was on speed-dial).

Within 15 minutes Janet was knocking at the door. Jacob answered it and showed her to the kitchen. What she saw was exactly like what she had seen only the day before. Jack sitting against the wall with a sleeping daughter in his arms.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to roque872002