Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Sam pts 1-3

by Roque872002
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Sam pts 1-3

Sam pts 1-3

by roque872002

Summary: When Sam dies Jack is left to look after their daughter without her, how will he cope?
Category: Future Story
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: minor character death, minor language, violence
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 04/07/03

Summary: When Sam dies, Jack is left to raise their daughter without her. How will he cope?

Authors notes: Just so u no, i hve no idea where this came from! Just enjoy and send feedback!!!

Disclaimer: I only own: little Sam, Bernadette, Dr. McLean and Mrs Nicholson so don't sue me fer cryin' out loud! please don't! I'll do nethin! I'm beggin here!!

Sam

Almost 10 months ago, she was taken. Taken by the Goa'uld, she couldn't stop them, there was too many. As I tried to get to her, they hit me in the lower stomach with some soft of weapon, I fell to the ground in pain. As she struggled to get to me, she was hit in the same place I was, she doubled over in pain and then they took her away. There was no way we could get her back. No chance in hell.

9 months and 3 week later, the Satrgate activated, SG-1 were called to the 'Gate room. Bra'tak and some of his students came through the open wormhole. Bra'tak was carrying a crying bundle in his arms, and one of his students was carrying Sam, she wasn't moving.

"I am sorry Colonel O'Neill, we tried to get them both back alive, but it was impossible as Major Carter is dead, but we did manage to the child back alive."

"Child? What child?" I ask him.

"Do you remember when Major Carter was first taken? ... And you both were hit on the lower stomach? ... It took some of you DNA and put it into Major Carter. This is your child, she is very beautiful. She was born not just 3 weeks ago. Major Carter was very happy, no one could take that away from her. Now that your child is back with the Tau'ri, she is safe from harm."

I was shocked, I have a daughter!! I have a daughter!! Oh my God!! I have a daughter!! Bra'tak gave me my daughter to hold, it's a long time since I've held a child this age, I can tell you, the last time was ... was Charlie. I was the happiest man in the world, yet the saddest, Sam is dead, but I have a miniature version in my arms. Wisps of blonde hair, just like Sam's, and blue eyes, just like Sam's. The little girl stopped crying, looked up at me, smiled her smile, giggled and started to wave her arms about, then fell asleep in my arms, she had her mothers laugh, her smile already started to resemble Sam's. I decided to call her Samantha Carter-O'Neill, after her mother. She'd been through so much in the past, she deserved this much.

Janet walked up to me, moved some of the blanket, so she could see the child's face. She smiled up at me, I gave her the child to hold. I walked up to Bra'tak, gave him a smile of thanks, then took Sam from the student who had her. I saw in his eyes, that he felt my pain, like he had been through the same thing in the past.

"Colonel O'Neill, Dr. Frasier, maybe it would be best if you went to the infirmary and do a check-up on the child. Bra'tak, and CO; why don't you follow me to the briefing room and fill me in on the details?" said General Hammond, he was obviously in shock of what he had just heard, but he didn't let on. Janet and I walked to the infirmary in silence, both of not daring to speak, just in case the other would snap from all that they had just heard.

In the infirmary, Janet couldn't hold back the tears any longer, she burst out crying, not being able to stop. I put Sam on the nearest bed, then took the sleeping child from Janet and lay her beside Sam. I hugged Janet, to comfort her, then my own tears found their way through all my defenses and fell. Janet was in shock that her best friend had just been murdered and that I was actually crying. But she didn't let the fact that I was crying worry her she leaned into me and hugged me back.

I have lost my second-in-command. I've lost my friend. I've lost the woman I love and never got the chance to tell her how I feel. Okay, I've had loads of chances to tell her, but I always lost my nerve. Is that such a crime? No I didn't think so. How I get through grieving Sam's death and looking after our daughter without her I don't know. I wish she was back her with me right now.

It's now 2300 hours and I lie awake in my bed, at the SGC. General Hammond made a young Lt. go out and buy a cot (crib for Americans) for little Sam, but I paid her back, with extra on top. Lil Sam lies sleeping in her cot, and I lie awake thinking of her mother. Finally sleep gets the better of me and I drift off.

I dream that I'm in my house, in my bed, looking into Sam's cot, watching her sleep. A hand on my shoulder makes me turn round, I stare into the eyes of Sam. She sits down beside me and looks into the cot of her sleeping daughter.

"She's beautiful." she said.

"Why'd you leave?" I asked her.

"I was shot, and no matter how hard you try, you'll never be able to bring me back."

"Why? We could use the sarcophagus."

"It's not as simple as that."

"What do you mean?"

"The weapon they used, has a blast with a powerful infection in it to kill someone. Even a sarcophagus won't bring the infected back."

"So, you gone forever?"

"Yeah," she said quietly.

"What you gonna do now?" I ask.

"Look over my family and friends I guess, get them out of trouble."

"Will you come and visit?"

"It'll be hard to keep me away." I look away, tears brimming my eyes. "Jack .." She called me Jack.

"Yeah?" my voice shaking. She put her hand on my chin and pulled my face towards her.

"It's okay to cry, and I want you to know something."

"What's that?"

"I love you, and you know that. I would never leave you on purpose, hell, I could hardly stay away from you when I was alive. Now you have to do me the ultimate favor."

"And what would that be?"

"Look after our daughter for me, and what ever you do, don't call her Sam."

"You're too late on that one, I already have." She sighed, then I hugged her tightly. She hugged me back. I started to kiss her neck, she responded well. Then she pulled back, and looked me straight in the eye.

"Try to move on, I'm not worth grieving over. Get on with your life, please for me."

"Sam, you know fine I can't get over you just like that!"

"Look after her for me," she said.

"I just wish we could both look after her."

"Yeah, me too," she walked towards the bedroom door.

"Where're you going?"

"I have to leave now, but I'll be back to check on you, don't worry." she walked out. I jumped up and ran towards the door.

"Sam! No! Come back! I need you. We need you," I shouted, she had already left. I walked back to the bedroom, Lil Sam had started crying, I walked over to her and picked her up. I started to cradle her, and whispered "Sssshhhh, your okay, sssshhhh." She eventually went back to sleep.

When she was 5 weeks old, I decided to move, back to Minnesota. Everyone was there to say goodbye to us, Cassie was carrying Lil Sam to the car, she had gotten attached to her in the past 2 weeks. I don't blame her.

Sam is now 5 years old, and is the most energetic girl I've ever known. I suppose that's what you get for having both parents in the Air Force. She has just completed her first week at school, and is really enjoying it.

"DADDY! DADDY! DADDY!" she yells as she runs towards me. I kneel down and open up my arms, she runs into them and hugs me tightly. I pick her up and carry her to the car, she waves bye to her friends and teacher, saying she'll see them on Monday.

Sam's 15 now, believe it or not. She's defiantly grown up, she's just like her mother in every way possible, but she's got my personality and sense of humor. She looks so much like Sam, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between them, except height.

It's now 0900 and I've just received a phone call from Janet. General Hammond died in his sleep last night, at the age of 85. She said that a week ago, he said if anything happened to him, he wanted me in charge of the SGC, my CO's death wish. I can't not disobey it, we're moving back to Colorado Springs sometime during the week.

Much to Sam's protest, she likes it here, all her friends are here. She doesn't know anyone down there. She's only met Cassie, and that's only at Christmas and New Year. She's having a leaving party at the school, and one at home, all her friends will be there, and that's a lot I can tell you, she's really popular.

As we make our way to the car, she's carrying her black and pink sports bag and her school bag full of clothes form her wardrobe, she asks me what her mum was like, and how she died, something she's never asked before.

On the way to Colorado Springs, I explain in great detail what her mother was like, that she had blonde hair, blue eyes, was really brainy, caring, funny and was liked and respected by everyone. That she was my 2IC, and that it was against regulations to have a relationship in your command that's in the Air force.

It's a good job that we're moving back into my old house, or I'd never feel at home. Sam claimed the biggest bedroom, as usual she always wants the biggest room, I don't mind cos I get my old room.

Now it's her first day of school here in Colorado Springs, she stands at the bottom of the stairs for me. And I can tell she's really nervous.

"DAD!!! WE HAVE TO GO NOW! I'M GOING TO BE LATE!" Sam yelled up the stairs.

"All right! I'm coming!" I say as I walk down the stairs. God, she looks so much like Sam, long blonde hair in a ponytail, hair hanging half way down her back. Blue eyes, just like her mothers, she also has her mothers brains, funnily enough.

I picked up the car keys and walked her to the car, and drove her to the school. She wanted me to walk her to the school office, because she didn't want to be alone. She was put in the same classes that Sam was in for most of her subjects, the highest classes.

I took her to her first class: Science. The Headmistress, Mrs. Nicholson, also walked with us. When we got there, the Headmistress knocked on the door and entered.

"Excuse me, Dr. McLean, but you have a new student who will be joining in your class today. Sam?" I think everyone was expecting a boy, but when Sam walked in the room, some had confused looks on their faces. "Everyone, this is Samantha Carter-O'Neill. She used to live in Colorado Springs, but moved away when she was 5 weeks old, now under some not-so-nice circumstances, her and her father have moved back to Colorado Springs. I hope you will all make her feel welcome and treat her nicely."

"Right, Miss Carter-O'Neill, if you take a seat in that one there, we can get on with the lesson." He motioned to the empty seat beside a brunette. She looked back at me, smiled and waved. I smiled and waved back at her, I turned to leave with the Headmistress, as she sat down.

"Hi! I'm Brenadette." She offered her hand to shake.

"Sam." She said as she took Bernadette hand and shook it. I left them speaking. She seemed to fit in fine with Brenadette, she would have good friends here. I am sure of it.

"So what you doing after school?" asks Bernadette.

"I have no idea," I hear Sam say.

"Me and the rest of the gang are going out to the bowling alley, wanna join? I'm sure fit in just fine, we can make a welcome gift."

"Yeah, that'd be great, where should I meet you?"

"Do you know where the park is? On 5th Street?"

"Yeah, dad showed me round the town yesterday, it's by where mum used to live, before she died."

"Oh, sorry, how'd that happen?"

"She .... eh .... was murdered when I was 5 weeks old, so I never really knew her." And now I can't hear any more of the conversation.

pt 2

Title: Sam pt 2 - a concert To Remember. Author: roque872002
Email: roque872002@yahoo.co.uk
Categoty: u decide!
Spoilers: none that i can think of
Rating:PG-13?
Summary: Sam, Bernadette, Nick Carter, Friday night - What could be better? Authors notes: Just so u no, i hve no idea where this came from! Just enjoy and send feedback!!!
Disclaimer: I only own the people u dont no from the tv series!

"It's 7am, on this fine Monday morning and it's time to get ready for School." Lil Sam lifted her head off her pillow, and slammed her fist onto the radio, to SHUT IT UP. She slumped back down, and went back to sleep.

10 minutes later, when she still hadn't gotten up for breakfast, Jack made his way up to his daughter's room, and found her fast asleep yet again. It was always the same on Monday mornings.

He walked over to her bed and pulled back the covers. She curled up into a ball, it was a cold October morning. She reached for the covers but couldn't find them. She turned round, so she lay on the back, opened her eyes, to see her dad holding the covers to his chest.

"Nice hair," he stated. He then indicated her very messy, fly away hair, that went in all directions. She patted it down with her hands. "Time to get up and get ready for school, hun." She sat up in her bed, and sighed, before heading towards the bathroom. Jack made her bed, while she got changed into her school uniform, and sorted her hair.

She came out, wearing her white blouse, black trousers, and hoodie. Her hair in two pleats. She still looked dead on her feet, as she did most Monday mornings.

"Hungry?" he asked.

"Starving," she replied.

"Your pancakes are ready, just they way you like them, the syrup is out, you eat, I'll make your lunch."

"Thanks dad," she said as she made her way to the kitchen.

"It's all right hun,"

AT SCHOOL

"HEY SAM!!" It was Bernadette, she was running towards her. "It's your birthday on Sunday, isn't it?"

"Yeah, why?"

"What do you want? My mum's goin shoppin after I get home from school, and she needs to know what she should get you."

"Bernadette, it's the thought that counts, quiet frankly I'm not really bothered what I get, I've not even told dad what I would like, cos I have no idea."

"Okay, do I just guess then?"

"Yeah, it's the best you can do." They walked to their first class: Math's.

Lil Sam's mobile phone rang, when she was eating her lunch in the school canteen. She answered it.

"Hello?"

"Sam, it's dad."

"Hi!"

"What's Bernadette doing on Friday night?"

"Why?"

"Just ask her."

"Okay, Bernadette, what you doin on Friday night?"

"Nothin as far as I know."

"Nothin as far as she knows."

"Ask her if she wants to stay over then, I have a surprise for you both."

"Bernadette, dad wants to know if you want to stay over on Friday. Are you free?"

"Yeah, that'd be great."

"Yeah, she says it'd be okay."

"Right, that's great, tell her that she's not going to school on Friday, and neither are you, you both get the day off."

"B, dad says that we're not allowed to go to school on Friday."

"Why?"

"I don't know, he says it's a surprise."

"Oh okay, cool."

"That's fine."

"Okay, see you after school hun."

"Okay, bye dad."

Friday morning had finally come around. A limo was parked outside the O'Neill household, Lil Sam was ordered to get in it, and to go and get Bernadette. The driver know where to go after that.

When they arrived at the shopping mall, a woman was already waiting for them, they got out of the limo and wandered to the entrance.

"Samantha Carter-O'Neill and Bernadette Mattews?" she asked.

"Yeah that's us." said Sam.

"Hi, I'm Mrs Andrews, but you can call me Sarah. I'll be taking you round as your fashion advisor today."

"Fashion advisor?" Bernadette asked.

"Yes, a General Jack O'Neill, organized this for you both, shopping spree, tour of the stage, the concert, and backstage passes."

"Wait, what concert, and what back stage passes?" asked Sam, confused.

"For that you'll have to wait."

After the shopping spree, and tour of the stage, the concert began. It was Nick Carter, former Backstreet Boys member. They were in front row center seats and got the best view of Nick. They were both madly in love with Nick, ever since they first laid their eyes on him. He walked onto the stage, and put his hand to his forehead, as though he was looking for someone.

"Okay, do we have a Samantha Carter-O'Neill and Bernadette Mattews in the house?" he said into the microphone.

Sam and Bernadette looked at each other and screamed happily. Nick looked at them and smiled.

"Come on up girls!" the guards found them in the crowd and lead them onto stage. They were standing right beside their idol.

"Okay what's your name?" he asked Bernadette.

"B ..... Bernadette M ..... Mattews." she said shakily. He hugged her and gave her a kiss. She almost fainted.

"Samantha Carter-O'Neill, that must be you." he said to Sam.

"Y ..... yeah."

"Right, Sammy, can I call you Sammy?" she nodded. "Right if you sit down on this chair here, then we can get on with the show." She sat down on the chair, like she was told.

"Am I right in saying that it's your birthday on Sunday?" He put the microphone to her mouth but all she could do was nod. "all right. Everyone it's Sammy's birthday on Sunday, so I want to hear every single person in this whole arena to sing happy birthday to her okay?"

"Yeah's!" were shouted at him from all directions. He pretended to stagger back from the noise.

"Okay, on 3, 1 ... 2 ... 3! Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday dear Sammy, Happy birthday to you! hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray! Okay I want you two to meet some very special friends of mine, come on out guys!"

The rest of the Backstreet Boys walked onto the stage and were singing Sam the happy birthday song. She opened her mouth and screamed in delight along with Bernadette and the rest of the crowd. They walked up to them and gave them both hugs and kisses.

What Sam and Bernadette didn't know was that Jack was standing beside the security guards watching as his daughters face lit up as they presented her with a birthday present and huge cake. He was getting all this on film, he'd paid the camera men to make an extra copy of the concert for him.

Nick handed Sammy an envelope, she could only guess what was inside it, but she was wrong, she thought it would be tickets of some sort for another concert. But you'll have to wait to find out what it actually was, later on in the story!!!

Sam appeared behind Jack, she put her arms around his middle and kissed his neck. He turned round and saw her there, he pulled her round so she was in front, then he put his arms round her middle, like she had done only moments before.

"You're spoiling her, you know." Sam stated.

"What did you expect me to do?"

"Just what you're doing now, spoiling her rotten."

"I can't help it, she's my daughter, and I have the Gou'ald to thank for that, and you. You carried her for 9 months and gave her all your love when she was born. I'm just spoiling her for the both of us."

"I know, she's gonna love you forever for this, I've watched her and Bernadette talk about Nick, you have no idea how much they really love him."

"Oh, I have a fair idea of how much."

"Oh yeah, playing his album non-stop, at full blast."

"Exactly, I think I know all the words to all the songs on that album of his."

"I'm not surprised, I think I do as well!"

Back on stage, Nick had finally persuaded Sam and Bernadette to sing a song with him and the rest of the Backstreet Boys. They were going to sing Help Me.

"I wish I could define
All the thoughts that crossed my minds
They seem too big for me to choose
I don't know which ones to lose
When I've fallen down so far
I think I'll never see your light
Bouncing off me
Shining down here from your eyes

Help me figure out the difference
Between right and wrong, weak and strong Day and night, where I belong
Help me make the right decisions
Know which way to turn, lessons to learn And just what my purpose is here

It's like I've got the signals crossed
With messages I can't decode
Half asleep, never wide awake
And on complete overload
I got so much information here
And nothin I can really grasp
I should know the truth
But I'm too afraid so I have to ask

Help me figure out the difference
Between right and wrong, weak and strong Day and night, where I belong
Help me make the right decisions
Know which way to turn, lessons to learn And just what my purpose is here

I wanna know you more than anything
I meet you in my every dream, you're the one for me You love me for who I am
No angel, just an ordinary man
Help me figure out why I'm stuck in the middle Tryin' to understand why I can't
Why it's such a riddle?
Got my eyes crossed, thinkin' so hard
And I know I'm missing the mark
Can you help me sort out all this information I'm just racking my brain, paying attention But I'm still lost and at all cost I...I gotta know

Help me figure out the difference
Between right and wrong, weak and strong Day and night, where I belong
Help me make the right decisions
Know which way to turn, lessons to learn And just what my purpose is here

Help me figure out why I'm stuck in the middle Tryin' to understand why I can't
Why it's such a riddle?
Got my eyes crossed, thinkin' so hard
And I know I'm missing the mark
Can you help me sort out all this information I'm just racking my brain, paying attention But I'm still lost and at all cost I...I gotta know."

The Monday after the concert was hectic, everybody at school had seen Sam and Bernadette on TV at the concert. People they didn't even know were coming up to them, saying they were great, and that they wished that they had a dad like Sam's.

Sam had waited til Monday to open her birthday present form Nick, so all her friends could see what she got. When she opened it, her mouth dropped open, then she started to scream.

"What?!? What is it?!?" asked Ben over Sam's screaming.

"IT'S HIS MOBILE NUMBER!!!" she shouted a little too loudly.

Bernadette, Alexia and Ben covered her mouth and dragged her out the cafeteria. Once they were in the corner of the changing room they let her go. Sam was jumping up and down, and screaming happily. Bernadette, Alexia and Ben were trying to clam her down but were having a very hard time. It was his mobile number for cryin out loud! They just ended up sceaming along with her.

"I have to phone him! I have to phone him! I have to phone him! Damn no money in my phone! Damn! Damn! Damn!"

"Sam calm down! Your dad'll top it up! He always does!" said Alexia.

"I gotta go home! Need money! Need money!!!!"

"Sam, there's two more lessons. You haven't got long to wait, and besides it's your favourite lesson, double Administration," said Ben calmly.

"It'll fly by!" promped Alexia.

"You always get surprised when the bell rings and always always say: 'is that it'?" Bernadette reminded her.

The bell finally went for the end of school, and Sam rushed out. The road was clear, nothing coming either way. Sam made her way across the road, half way across she heard a noise that sounded like an engine. She looked round and saw a car speeding right towards her, and before she knew it, she was hit.

pt 3

Her scream was heard at the end of the block, Jack looked up from the paper and ran outside. It sounded like Sam, he saw her lying there in a pool of blood. The person in the car rushed out, and knelt beside her. He supported her head, and started shouting for help. Jack ran towards them and asked (shouted actually) why the hell hadn't he stopped when he saw her.

Sirens could be heard in the distance. Sam was soon in the ambulance with her father, the offender who done this was being asked questions, and was finally given 6 months for reckless driving, and another 6 months for hitting a teenager.

Sam woke up 3 hours after her operation, she had no idea of what happened or where she was. She saw someone sitting beside her, biting his nails. She had no idea who he was, or who she was for that matter. All she knew was that she was hurt badly and she was in a lot of pain. She finally got the courage to speak, but didn't know what she was going to say.

"Hello?" she asked him.

"Sam! You okay?" the stranger asked.

"Who are you?"

"Sam, it's me ..... dad ....... don't you remember?"

"I don't remember anything."

Jack was shocked, she didn't know him anymore. What was he going to do?

2 hours later.

He had tried everything, from her friends, the concert, her birthdays, when they moved to Colorado and her family. She remembered nothing. Amnesia was a pain in the ass, it would take her months to remember everything, let alone him. It was like losing his daughter, like losing Charlie, like losing ... Sam all over again.

2 weeks of Sam not knowing who he was or anything else was really starting to annoy his so Jack had finally resorted to contacting the Tok'ra, and getting Jacob to do something about it. As much as he hated seeking help from the Tok'ra, this was desperate. Jacob didn't know about his granddaughter being hit until now, he was upset to be one of the last to know, but he was glad that Jack had finally came to him and told him himself. It was a good job that the Tok'ra had the technology to cure amnesia, or he'd be stuck.

Jacob was standing over his granddaughters sleeping form using the healing device, then suddenly she bolted up and started screaming.

"DAD!!!!!" Jack was immediately at her side hugging her. "Oh my God! I was so scared!"

"It's okay, it's okay, ssshhh, calm down, calm down." he said to Sam. "Thank you," he mouthed to Jacob, as he tried to calm his crying daughter.

Sam was going to be all right, she was in shock for a few days but nothing more, the accident had made her change a few things about herself. She had to have her long blonde hair cut into shoulder length bob, she had to have stitches in the back of her head and she wasn't allowed to do any form of exercise. So that ment no going to the gym on a monday night after school with Bernadette and Alexia.

I STAND 4 U. - NICK CARTER.

I'm gonna run forever, say whatever
Take a chance in, what I belive in
I'm gonna have a tattoo, I'm gonna have an attitude So tell my girlfriend that I'm leaving
'Cause I'm free yeah, to say what I wanna say And I'm feelin' that it's time to get away

Woh woh, we can live forever if we try
It's up to you
Yeah, yeah and nothing's gonna stop us now We're young ... I stand for you

See I'm a taker, I'n not a beggar
I'm tired of losin', I'm gonna lose it
I'm gonna ride a Harley, oh on the highway I'm gonna do it my way, I'm gonna do it my way 'Cause I'm free yeah, to say what I wanna say And I'm feelin' that it's time to get away

Woh woh, we can live forever if we try
It's up to you
Yeah, yeah and nothing's gonna stop us now We're young ... I stand for you

Pressure in the air, in my hair, people everywhere Politics don't care, need to ease my mind Try to find a way, better day, but's it's time to get away Don't you care?

Woh woh, we can live forever if we try
It's up to you
Yeah, yeah and nothing's gonna stop us now We're young ... I stand for you

Woh woh, we can live forever if we try
It's up to you
Yeah, yeah and nothing's gonna stop us now We're young ... I stand for you

Woh woh, we can live forever if we try
It's up to you
Yeah, yeah and nothing's gonna stop us now We're young ... I stand for you

The song finished and Sam sat on her bed, with her knees to her chest. She was in shock, and the doctors had told her to take it easy. She was allowed to have her friends over but they weren't allowed to ask anything until she felt ready to talk about it.

She got plenty of visits from her firends from school and the SGC. She was very well known there, she was a lively young teenager, who eveyone knew and loved. Everyone could tell who her parents were anyway ..........

Her fathers sense of humer and being a bit slow on the uptake on some things, but she had her mothers brains and looks. She loved nothing more than to annoy her friends like her father and tease them about things, she stopped and said sorry when she went to far, she could keep secrets and be honest like her mother.

It killed Jack to have her so silent and unable to do what she wanted. He wanted to see her happy, but after the accident there was hardly anything for her to do. So instead she stayed in her room, listened to her music and watched the video of the concert with her and Bernadette.

A smile formed on her face, Nick had heard about the accident, and had offered to come down and see her (even if he was going to be ignoring his manager and missing a tour date to go and see her).

Down stairs there was a knock on the door, Jack got up from the sofa and made his way to answer it. Nick stood ther with a bunch of flowers in his arms, he smiled at Jack, who returned the guesture. He let him in and showed him to Sams room.

Nick was embarressed to see her door coved in his pictures, Jack saw his embarressed expresion and said: "You should see inside, it's worse, not a bit of wall without your picture, well apert from a picture of her mother."

Nick nodded and seemed to be getting anxious about seeing Sam after all this time, and with her being in shock wasn't helping much. What would he say to her?

A knock on her bedroom door bought her back to reality, she looked up as her father walked in and sat down beside her. He smiled at her, she smiled back at him.

"You have a guest Sam," said her father.

"Who?" she wasn't expecting anyone apart from Nick, but surely he wouldn't be just yet, maybe next week ............

Nick walked into the room and her face lit up in delight, he smiled at her reaction, he walked over and hugged her, but not to tightly so he wouldn't hurt her too much. He pulled back and gave her the flowers, Jack left them to catch up. Nick took his place on the bed beside Sam, and noticed a picture of a woman that looked a lot like Sam.

"Is this your mother?" he asked, pointing to a picture on her wall, of a beautiful young woman with short blonde hair and bright blue eyes and a big smile.

"Yeah, she died when I was 3 weeks old, I didn't really know her. But the way talks about her, she sounded like a really nice person, and it makes me really proud to know that she's my mum and not somebody elses."

"I'm sorry I didn't know, if you don't mind me asking, but how did she die?"

"She ... she was murdered, but I don't know how, dad won't tell me, but I think she was shot. She was in the Air Force, that's how she and dad met. Mum was put under dad's command, and you might know, that CO and 2IC weren't allowed to have a romantic realtionship."

"So ... they went against against regulations and had you?"

"As far as I can make out, dad doesn't talk about it very much, but I can see why, they went through a lot together, and they became really close. 2 weeks after dad found out that she was murdered, she was captured you see, he didn't find out til I was 3 weeks old, when somebody found us, and helped us escape. She was shot when they were escaping, dad didn't even know she was pregnant with me, so it came as a shock to him, I'd imagine."

"Oh, that was nasty. Anyway changing the subject, how are you?"

"I'm okay I guess."

They went into deep conversation about everything and nothing. Sam talked about her childhood and how she was coping with everything in general. In return Nick done the same thing, he talked how life was on the road, that she'd hae to come with him one day, how life was like at home and everything else you can possibly think of.

A few hours later Nick got a call and had to leave, before he left he made Sam promise that they'll meet up again some day. Sam eagerly accepted the offer and lay down on her bed then fell asleep.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to roque872002