Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Glimpse of Something Else, A

by Roque872002
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A Glimpse of Something Else

A Glimpse of Something Else

by roque872002

Summary: what if General Hammond hadn't ordered the mirror to be destroyed?
Category: Alternate Universe, Hurt/Comfort, Missing Scene/Epilogue, Romance
Episode Related: 306 Point of View
Season: Season 3
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: adult themes, minor language, violence
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 02/15/03

Authors notes: ~*~ indicates different scene/later on. !~*~! indicates change of reality. hope u enjoy! And now for the pronunciation of the names!! Shiesta (Shy-east-a), Karima (Car-em-a), Aleem (A-leeeeeeeem).

Feedback: YES PPPPPPPLLLLLZZZZZZZZ!!! this took ages to write! about a month, and I know it's not that long a story, but I didn't have any inspiration! and I do have 4th year Standard Grade prelims (yes I know! GCSE's for all you LOVELY ENGLISH! but I am SCOTTISH! no criticism meant) just now, so lots of revising for me! and have I done any? HAVE I HELL!!

Summary: What if General Hammond hadn't ordered that the Mirror be destroyed?

Sam and Jack stood hugging, no one knew why, not until the Serpent guards came and dragged Jack away, and another held Sam back. Apophis walked up to Sam and put his hand on her lower stomach and she doubled over in pain. He motioned the guards to take her onto the ship just as he had done with Jack.

On the other side of the mirror SG-1, General Hammond, Dr. Frasier and Jacob Carter watched in awe. Mouths hanging open, Jack was the first to speak.

"That was ...... weird. Don't ya think?"

"Um, yeah, very weird," replied Daniel.

Jack looked over at Sam, she looked so shocked. Sam caught him staring and smiled weakly.

"So whatta ya think?" It was an obvious question that only they understood.

"Oh yeah, defiantly married." With that she got and walked out the room and made her way to her quarters. As she left Jacob looked at Jack with a confused expression on his face.

Jack got up and walked out of the room, and went in the opposite direction that Sam went in. Janet announced that she should go back to the infirmary, Teal'c went to his quarters to Keel'No'Reem, Daniel shut off the mirror and left to go to his office. Only General Hammond and Jacob were left. Jacob stood up and announced that he should check on Sam. Hammond went to his office to find Jack sitting in one of the chairs.

"Jack? What can I do for you?" Hammond asked, as he walked behind the desk and sat down, he put his clasped hands on the desk and lent forwards so he could hear Jack better.

"I'm worried about Sam, she's not been eating, sleeping, she's always moody, yet she claims to be fine."

"Jack, that's normal for Sam. You should know that." Then Hammond noticed a scar on O'Neill's neck that he hadn't seen before. Jack had kept it well covered. "How did you get that scar Jack?"

Jack winced, he forgot about that, he'd done so well in covering it. "It was Sam actually. I ..... I dropped her doohickey, and she lashed out before making me leave. She was upset about something, so her emotions got caught up in it. It wasn't entirely her fault, what with that other Sam just being here, and her being married to ... to me. It got to her."

Jacob knocked on Sam's quarters door and waited for an answer. After a few moments he heard a muffled "Go away," he raised his eyebrows and knocked again before he entered. Sam heard someone enter so she sat up on the bed and turned round.

"Dad, hi," she said as she tried to dry her eyes, her father took both her wrists in his hands and looked at her face, as he sat down on the bed beside her.

"Have you been crying?" he asked in disbelieve, his daughter hardly ever cried. She only cried when she was really upset about something, she had looked pretty upset when she had left the room with the Quantum Mirror. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm fine," she said as she tried to free her wrists from her fathers grasp. He let them go and wiped her face dry, using his thumbs. Sam sighed heavily in defeat, her father would never drop the subject until he got the full story.

Sam went into the story head first. She told him all about the other Sam and Kawolski turning up at Area 51, them coming to the SGC, how everyone reacted. How the other Sam tried to keep Jack to herself, what she had been through. How they ended up getting along and saving her reality, and almost losing her best friends in the process. The kiss that the alternate Sam and her Jack had shared, how she felt so out of place, how it had got to her.

She ended up spilling her heart out as she cried heavily into her fathers chest, the whole time he was comforting her. She told him how she felt about her CO and how he felt about her. She was pretty sure her CO only wanted a professional relationship with her when she wanted so much more.

Jacob was shocked to say the least, Sam was telling him things she normally never would. Sam never told him what she was feeling, she always kept to herself. He was grateful in a way, it brought them closer than they ever were before.

What they both didn't know was that Jack was standing on the other side of the door listening to their conversation. He sat against the wall listening to Sam spill her heart out to her father, she didn't think that he wanted anything other than a professional relationship with her. God only knew how much more he wanted, but wasn't allowed to have.

He heard things go quiet and suddenly the door opened and Jacob walked out then closed the door behind him. He noticed Jack sat against the wall and wondered how long he had been there and how much he had heard. He squatted down beside him and noticed that he was in a dream world of his own. Jacob snapped his fingers and Jack came back to reality with a jump. He looked over to Jacob and smiled weakly, Jacob smiled back.

"How long have you been there?" Jacob asked him. Jack then looked at his hands, they suddenly became very interesting.

"Long enough to know how Sam feels about everything," Jack replied, sounding distant.

"And how do you feel about everything?" Jacob knew he was invading Jack's privacy, and he knew that Jack liked to keep his private life private, but this was one thing that he had to know.

"Same was Sam does," Jack looked back at Jacob and said: "I came to see Sam, but I guess she doesn't want to see anyone just now."

"She's sleeping, but why don't you go in and see how she's doing? She'd like that, it'd be a nice surprise when she wakes up."

!~*~!

(Sometime after the mirror was switched off)

The serpent guards threw Sam into the cell that held Jack and a few other people, that must have come from other planets or some other parts of the world. Jack caught her and held her close. He could tell that she was in pain, it was written all over her face. She was about to fall unconscious.

"Sam! Sam! Stay with me! Come on now, you can fight this, I know you can!" Jack said, full of worry and concern. he slapped her face lightly to keep her awake and it was working to some extent.

People around them watched tearfully as he tried to keep her awake. They thought she was going to die. One of the young children started crying, then she buried her face into her mother.

Jack cradled Sam in his arms and kept her close, he wasn't going to let her go without a fight. He loved her so much, she meant the world to him.

"Jack?" she asked weakly.

"Sam hunny, you okay?" his voice sounded so desperate for her to be okay.

"He killed it, he killed it Jack," she said simply, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Sam what are you on about? He killed what?"

"I ... I didn't have the chance to tell you, I ... I found out this morning, before ... before they came. I ... I was pregnant with our child Jack, but ... but he killed it ... it's not there anymore."

Jack's face went to pure and utter anger, the slimy son-of-a-bitch snakehead killed his child, and was going to pay dearly. Very dearly. But how? That's it! He'd kill something that was valuable to him, something very valuable ..... like Klorel.

A few hours later Sam had fallen asleep against Jack's chest, Jack was sitting against the wall trying to think of a means of escape, and a way to kill Klorel. Sam shifted slightly, tear stains marked her face. Jack looked down at her and found she was still asleep, then her eyes slowly opened and looked at him with love and hurt. Jack hugged her to let her know that he would never let her go.

The young girl that had started crying before cautiously made her way over to Sam and Jack. Sam noticed her and pulled back from Jack, and motioned her to come over and sit by her. The little girl obeyed and sat down at Sam's side.

"My name's Shiesta, I come from a planet called Sho'La, I'm 5!" she emphasized the word 5 as she held up 5 fingers, and she seamed pretty pleased with herself.

"I'm Sam and this is my husband Jack, we come from a planet called Earth, the one we've just departed from."

"Is it nice down there? I've never been to your planet before."

"Most of it was, until those snakeheads came," Jack told her.

"Snakeheads? That's what my dad called them! Maybe you know him!"

After that they went into deep conversation with Shiesta, her mother (Karima) and her bother (Aleem). They all got on very well, the other families were speaking to each other, and giving them their own little stories on how they were captured, and how they planned to get in the Apophis' good books and escape that way.

About 2 hours later Serpent guards appeared at the cell door and started picking out all the women, Jack and a few other of the males had huddled Sam, Shiesta, Karima and the other women into the corner. A few Zat blasts went off and many of the men went down. The serpent guards went for the women, grabbed them, pulled them to their feet and dragged them out of the cell and down the corridor.

"MUMMY!! NO! ..... AARRGGHH LET ME GO! LET ME GO!!" cried Shiesta. "JACK! SAM! ... NO! YOU LET SAM GO RIGHT NOW YOU NASTY MAN!" Shiesta was slapped hard on the face and she started to cry loudly.

Jack was hanging onto Sam for dear life, there was no way he was letting her go, not now, not ever. Still the serpent guards tried to get Sam away from Jack without hurting her, Apophis wanted the women and children to be unharmed so he could deal with them himself. Finally the guards resorted to zatting them in order to get Sam away. She came away with ease and they carried her out before Jack came back round.

They carried Sam kicking and screaming, for Jack, down the corridor and into a chamber where all the other women were. They dumped her down by Karima and Shiesta, Shiesta cuddled into Sam and Sam kept her close. A few moments later Apophis came into the room and gave the women a very evil smile. Sam knew what was coming, they were going to chose a new host for Ammonette, and they were the decoy's that were either going to die or become host.

Apophis' first prime picked at them randomly. The first was a tall, long black haired woman with a curvy figure. She was rejected, she was then killed in front of them all. Next was a medium heighted brunette with a perfect figure, she was also rejected. Then came a very pretty ginger woman, perfect in everyway, she was too rejected. Karima was rejected next, but he decided to keep her as a slave, along with the next to rejected women.

Sam was up for auction next, Shiesta tried to keep Sam away from the snake, but since she was only 5, she was easily overpowered. They dragged Sam up to the Gou'alds and stripped her of her clothes, then lay her down on the table. She was the chosen one, the Gou'ald entered the back of her neck and she screamed in pain. Shiesta screamed along with her, she lost a friend that had tried to keep her safe.

Jack woke from his dazed state the very same moment Sam screamed, he ran up to the cell door and started yelling for her. He was sure something bad had happened to her. Some of the guards came into view and some of the women were being pushed along the corridor. They were all pushed into the cell, and Shiesta went straight for Jack and burst into tears once again.

"They made Sam host, they made her a host, they made her a host," her voice started fading as she repeated the same line over and over again.

Jack's heart broke into a million pieces, his wife was a host to a snake. It was one of the hardest things to take in. His day just got better and better. First they captured, then he found out that Apophis had killed his child that was growing inside his wife, then he takes her away from him, then she's made a host. Great, just great.

Jack was being dragged along the corridor and into the chamber where they had taken the women, he was made to kneel in front of Apophis and his wife. She was dressed in Gou'ald clothing that showed her womanly figure and made Jack very proud that she was his wife, if only he could take her into his arms and show her how much he cared ....................

Sam stood up and walked down to him, she then knelt down in front of him and put her hand on his face and pushed his hair off his face. She looked into his eyes and mentally told him she was fighting the snake as best she could. Jack knew from her eyes that she wasn't giving up fighting this thing.

She brought up her other hand, he looked at it only to see the hand device. He gave Sam a desperate look of worry. Sam started at him and pleaded that he forgive her.

"I'm sorry Jack," she whispered. Jack was stunned, she was stronger than he thought, she was strong enough to take control of her own body long enough to say that to him.

"Sam, it's okay, just do it." The Gou'ald took control once again, and brought her hand to his forehead and brought the hand device down onto it. The orange glow filled the area around him, then Sam took it away went up to Apophis and put it to his temple like she had done to Jack only moments before.

Jack fell backwards, 'God that things takes a lot out of yeh!' he thought to himself. He looked back and found that Sam had the device pressed Apophis' head and was determined to keep it there. Her faced showed that she was trying her goddamned hardest to stay in control of the thing.

Apophis wasn't moving, it seemed that he was dead, Sam stumbled backwards and Jack leapt forwards. He caught her just in time and took the hand devise off her hand.

"Jack?" she asked very weakly.

"Sam, you're okay! Just keep fighting this thing, I'll take you to the Tok'ra and we'll get that thing out of yeh, just hang in there." Sam then fell unconscious and her head lolled against Jack's chest.

Jack ran down the corridors to the cell where Shiesta and all the other prisoners were, he opened it and told them all to hurry. They then all ran down to the Stargate with minimal resistance. Once in the room Jack put Sam on the floor and punched in the co.-ordinates to the Tok'ra home world. As the Stargate activated they heard Jaffa tin can metal boots running down to the chamber. They all jumped through and then the 'Gate disengaged, luckily for them the Jaffa didn't see where they were going.

On the Tok'ra homeworld they all ran until they met Jacob Carter, then quickly made their way underground. They rushed Sam to experts in removing Gou'alds, all went well and she was going to be fine.

Jack stayed with her the whole time and refused to leave her side until he knew that she was going to be okay. Jacob dragged Jack out of the room once the Gou'ald had been removed and gave him a fatherly hug.

"Thanks for saving her Jack, you don't know how much this means to me. Now the Tok'ra have another to hate the Gou'ald even more." Jack's face told him that something needed to be said. "What's wrong?"

"Well, lets say you'll have to make that list even bigger." Jacob had a confused expression on his face that told Jack that he had to continue. "When we were captured they were only going to take me and kill Sam for pleasure. They dragged me away then threw me into a cell, minutes later they threw Sam in. She was a mess to say the least, and I found out why a little while later." Jack started.

"What was it?" said Jacob, sounding very worried.

"She told me that 'he killed it, he killed it', then she told me that before they came into orbit this morning that she was ... pregnant with our child, and that snakehead killed it." Jack finished.

Jacob's face went from confused to very angry, that slimy snakehead son-ofa -bitch killed his grandchild. He was going to pay dearly. Very dearly. What he didn't know was that Jack had vowed exactly the same thing he had.

They both went into the room where Sam was to find her sound asleep. Jack sat down beside her and took her hand softly in his, while Jacob sat beside her then pushed some of her shoulder-length hair from her face. Sam started to stir from the movement around her.

Her eyes slowly opened as she adjusted to the light of the bright room, she then saw her handsome husband and her father staring protectively over her. She smiled a weak smile at them and they returned the gesture, she was now re-gathering her thoughts and her smile faded as she remember her lost child.

Jack could read her like a book, so he gathered her in his arms as she began to cry. Jacob left them to gather his own thoughts, he needed time to think things over, like how to get his revenge on Apophis for killing his unborn grandchild.

"Ssshhh, you're okay," Jack said to Sam as he tried to calm her.

"He killed it Jack, he killed it!" she sobbed.

"I know, I know, but look on the bright side, it gives us another reason to kick his sorry ass!" Sam gave a weak laugh, it was good to laugh at his jokes again, no matter how bad they were. "And we can try again, we can try again."

!~*~!

Sam sat on her bed with her knees to her chest while Jack had a protective arm around her shoulders as she cried silently. Jack entered the room a while back and as he sat on the chair next to the bed she woke up and reached out for him. She told him how she was feeling after some persuasion from Jack. Even though he had heard her when he was outside, he wanted her to tell him.

Jack cupped her face in his hands, and looked into her eyes deeply. He could always tell what she was thinking. But this time she was clouded over.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"It's ... it's just, why in every reality we've encountered, or seen from today, have to have us in a romantic relationship? It's just not fair, you know how I feel about you Jack, I just want to be able to show it!"

"I know Sam, and I'll be damned if I can't have you for myself one of these days! I just want to hold you close and be able to tell you that everything's going to be okay, but I can't because the Gou'alds are still out there and their still a threat. And as long as their out there, we can't do anything about this realtionship that we both want so badly. But when the time comes, we'll work something out, I promise."

"So much for a man of few words, hey?"

*~THE END~*

*~OR IS IT???~*

*~FEEDBACK PPPPPLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZ~*

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to roque872002