Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Egypt

by Ravital A
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Egypt

Egypt

by Ravital Aicler

TITLE: Egypt
AUTHOR: Ravital Aicler
EMAIL: ravitala@sitqad.co.il
CATEGORY: Sam and Jack
SPOILERS: FIAD
SEASON / SEQUEL: Season 3
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS:
SUMMARY: SG-1 travel to Egypt
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES:



"Sam!" I could hear Jack's voice shouting through the corridors of the pyramid "Would you come on already?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm coming!" I answered back; he can be such a pain sometimes.

When Daniel first suggested we all go to Egypt the funny look Jack gave him made it clear it was not an option. I have no idea what Daniel did or said but the next morning I was informed SG-1 was going on a mission to Egypt. Apparently Daniel thought the great pyramid of Giza held the solution to the location of Kheb. And since we all know that finding the Harsesis is one of the SGC prime objectives we were packed up and send to Egypt for two weeks.

The first week was a pain. Daniel, Teal'c and myself were trying to look for any clues in the hieroglyphs while Jack kept telling anyone who would listen how bored he was. But after Daniel found what he was looking for things started to brighten up.

We had a free week. And that in itself was a rare treat. Daniel suggested we go sight seeing and to my amazement Jack agreed. It was the first real vacation we'd all had in years. Daniel went on and on about the rocks, hmm...artifacts, we saw. And Jack, he seemed as if for one week he went back to being a young man. I don't think I've ever seen him smile like he did this week. It's like all the pain was pushed away for a while. And since we were on vacation he was Jack, and I was Sam. No longer Major and sir. Just simply Jack and Sam. At first I had a little trouble with calling him Jack but after a few stern looks I got the hang of it.

As I came out of the pyramid my eyes had a little problem getting used to the strong Egyptian sun. "Sam! Over here!" I could here Jack's voice coming from my left. He sounded excited about something. He was standing next to an old Arabian guy and his face was lighted up.

"What is it Jack?" I asked as I looked around trying to find Daniel and Teal 'c.

"Achmed here is going to take us on a camel ride!" he answered proudly.

"Camels? Ahhh... I don't think so! Where are Daniel and Teal'c?"

"Since it's our last night here they're off to follow one last clue Daniel found. And ill be dammed if I'm going to spend my last day in Egypt at some lab. And since Daniel need's Teal'c for help you were the next victim!"

"I don't mind spending the day out of the lab, but camels?" I gave him a funny look. I really didn't mind the idea of spending more time alone with the colonel. Far from it. But the idea of camel riding... not too pleasing.

"Oh come on Carter!" Jack was obviously using his command voice now "It'll be fun! Or aren't you woman enough?" he provoked me with an evil grin on his face. That man definitely knows where my buttons are located and is not ashamed to push them whenever the occasion arrives.

"I can handle anything you throw at me!" I answered while gesturing to the man to lower the camel down. 'I'm going to ride that beast if it kills me!' was all that was going through my mind.

I hate to admit it but I had a great time riding the camels, or was it the company that made it so much fun? I guess I'll never know. Achmed took us for a round trip of the Giza Plateau and it was, for lack of a better word, magical. I think I learned more about Jack in that afternoon then in the three years I'd served with him. For once it seemed like he opened up. We talked about everything that afternoon. He even mentioned Charlie. I could see the pain was there. It will always be there. But there was something else in his eyes now. I couldn't put my finger on it so I let it go. By the time we came back the evening sun was caressing the great pyramid. It was one of the most amazing sunsets I ever saw.

"Amazing" I said as I looked at the sun setting over the pyramid.

"Yes" he agreed but for some reason he wasn't looking at the sun but at me. We were standing close. So close I could feel the warmth of his body next to mine, I could feel his hand brushing against mine as if he was deciding what to do. And then he took my hand in his. The warm smile he gave me when I looked at him made my heart lose a beat. He leaned down and for a moment time stopped. The kiss was the most amazing thing I've ever experienced. It was as if his lips were meant to bond with mine. When we finally came apart he looked as if he had just realized what he'd done.

"I ... I'm sorry Sam." He said, "That was way out of line". I think it was the first time I ever saw Jack afraid. He was trying to mumble something else when I cut him off, pressing my lips back on his and pressed my body closer to him. When we finally brook apart I understood what it was I saw in his eyes before. His warm smile made it clear.

"What are we going to do now major?" he asked as he gently caressed my hair.

"Let's think about it tomorrow" was my only reply as I pressed my lips back to his.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Ravital A.