Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Sixty

by Ravital A
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Sixty

Sixty

by Ravital.A

TITLE: Sixty
AUTHOR: Ravital.A
EMAIL: ravitala@sitqad.co.il
CATEGORY: Sam and Jack
SPOILERS:
SEASON / SEQUEL:
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS:
SUMMARY: Hammond's sixty birthday
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES:

I can't believe I'm sixty.

Usually I don't pay much attention to birthdays. I have been in the air force for over 40 years now. And because of that I have spent many birthdays away from home. So basically it's just another day in the year. Well almost a regular day. Its not like I expect some big birthday bash. But a card would have been nice. For 3 years I have been the base commander of the SGC. And not one of them even sends me a card. Makes a man wonder. I know those people are some of the best I ever served with. I have never had a better Colonel under my command. I remember the day when I first met Jack O' Neill. I could tell he was wasted in retirement. He looked like a man begging for some action. And I guess I gave him more then anyone could want. But I never hear a word of complaint from him. Granted I could do without those cynical outbursts but when push comes to shove I know he's the best man for the job. I can still recall that look he gave me when I remarked about Major Carter's intelligence. I can never understand the relationship those two have. I may be sixty but I'm not blind. I know she loves him. Hell she's the only one who laughs from his jokes, and if that's not love I don't know what is. And the way he listens to her go on and on about something, eating up every word. Defiantly love. I have seen the way they look at each other. Sometimes I just want to take that boy and give him a good talking to. Regulations are nice to a point. Even I know that. There are some things that are more important. I didn't come to be in this position by following the line. But he's as blind as a bat. Either that or he is plain stupid. What I wouldn't give to be young again. To have that fire in my blood. I can't believe they didn't even send me a card.

I try to take my mind off it. Self-pity was never my strong suite. But then I hear there's someone at the door. Daniel Jackson is standing there looking lost as always. That boy is probably one of the smartest persons I know but he'll get lost in a supermarket.

"General Hammond, Sir" he starts obviously uncomfortable about something.

"Yes son?" Maybe he remembered my birthday. I always thought he was the sensitive type.

"Colonel O'Neill asks that you come down to storage room 2. He says there is a problem he wants you to see for yourself.

"Okay" I respond and he leaves the room. How disappointing. Not even the sensitive one remembered.

Ow well I might as well get down to the storage room to see what's going on there. Maybe it's some annoying rat problem. That would be the great finish for this day. Not that I make a big deal about birthdays but a card would have been nice.

I close the door to my office and start walking to the elevator when I ran in to Sam Carter.

"Hello sir!" she gives me a funny look, a small salute and dashes down the hall in front of me. This place is getting weirder by the minuet.

I get to the storage room door and I can hear there is someone in there. I thought this place was completely empty but I guess it's just the colonel waiting for me with that big problem.

Funny this place is way too dark. I should talk to the safety officer about this. Someone can fall here.

And then there was light.

They are all here. Standing there. Singing! Even Teal'c.

We'll follow the old man wherever he want to go, Wherever he wants to go " " We'll follow the old man wherever he want to go, As long as he stays away from the battle fray.

Because we looove him, We looove him Especially when he keeps us on the ball.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" They remembered. I looked at the huge "happy birthday sir" sign that hang up. It looked like a chilled drown it. Makes me wonder if it was Cassandra or the colonel that made it. My look passed all the SG teams that were on stand down. They are all here.

"Who are you calling old Colonel?" I try to maintain a straight face as I look at Jack O'Neill who just stands there, grinning.

"Ow not you sir! That other guy who has a birthday today" he gives me a worm smile. "Let the party being!" he calls as I can hear music playing and several of the people start dancing.

"Happy birthday sir" I hear Sam Carter voice coming from behind me and with it a kiss on my chick.

I guess this is better then a card. The smiles, the blessings, all of it.

Much better then a card.

As the party goes on I can see the Colonel standing in the corner eyeing the dancing couples. At the other side of the room I can see the Major doing exactly the same thing. Those two. They are going to drive an old man insane. I glance around the crowed finally I see the perfect man to help me out in making this a birthday to remember.

"Teal'c can you come here for a second?" I shout. I can hardly hear myself over the music.

"Yes General Hammond" I can see the confusion in his eyes turns in to a faint smile as I start to explain my idea.

"It will be as you ask General Hammond" is his only response but I can see he likes the idea.

I walk across the room to stand near Colonel O'Neill as I see Teal'c starting to execute his part of the plan.

"Happy birthday sir" Jack nodes to me "I hope you like the little party we put up for you" "Yes its wonderful Colonel. I am speechless" On the other side of the room I see Teal'c approach's Sam and asks her to dance.

When I'm sure Jack seen her dancing with him I make light conversation.

"They make a lovely couple don't you think?" "Who?" Jack is having trouble tearing his eyes from Sam.

"Teal'c and Sam. " I respond as I see Teal'c whispers something in to Sam's ear that makes her toss her head back and laugh.

When I look at Jack I can see he just about ready to kill Teal'c. If only looks could kill. Well come to think of it I'm rather glad they can't.

"The hell they do" was the last I heard out of the colonel as he walked to the dance floor and replaced Teal'c, who offered no resistance.

As they were bringing out the cake I could see the Jack and Sam slip away to one of the other rooms. Who knows, maybe that boy has more brains then I give him credit for.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Ravital A.