Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Oh Colonel My Colonel

by Ravital A
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Oh Colonel My Colonel

Oh Colonel My Colonel

by Ravital.A

TITLE: Oh Colonel My Colonel
AUTHOR: Ravital.A
EMAIL: ravitala@sitqad.co.il
CATEGORY: Sam and Jack
SPOILERS: 100 days
SEASON / SEQUEL:
RATING: PG13
CONTENT WARNINGS:
SUMMARY: What happens to Sam when Jack comes home
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES:

'I'm so stupid!' That was the only thought that went through my mind as I watched him say goodbye to HER. What is it with him and brunettes from another planets? For three months all I could think of was how to get him back home, where he belongs. He on the other hand had done some thinking of his own.

Daniel looks at me with a concerned look, he knows how I feel. Daniel is my best girlfriend, I am well aware he's not a girl, but the title fits him. He is always so sweet, understanding and sensitive. A total contrast to the object of my affections, Jack O'Neill, that man just pushes all my buttons. 'Stay focused Carter' I tell my self. We'll be home soon. So stupid!

When we got back to the SGC I did everything in my power to avoid him. After 3 months of hard work I've earned an evening off. I slipped home the second I could, feeling like someone had beat the hell out of me. All I wanted was rest. I don't think I've ever cried the way I did that night. 3 years worth of emotions in one night. Alone - For the first time I completely understood the meaning of the word. I finally fell asleep from crying around midnight.

The soft knock on the door woke me up. Slowly I got up and put my robe on, trying to make myself as presentable as possible. Daniel's smiling face greeted me at the door.

"Hi Sam, and how are you doing this lovely morning?" Why is he so annoyingly happy all the time?

"Fine." Was all I could manage saying without snapping at him.

"You don't look fine"

"You woke me up." he isn't buying that. I guess it's hard to blame him. He's seen me get up from sleep before.

"I talked to Jack yesterday." he pushed past me and settled on the couch.

"And you think that this interests me ...why?" Getting a little bitter don't I?

"Hmm... maybe because you've been mooning over him since day one, and have worked like a madwoman for the last three months to get him home?"

"I am totally over Jack O'Neill." Great, I even don't believe me.

"He thought he was marooned there. He didn't think he would ever see us again."

"I don't care anymore."

"It doesn't look that way from where I'm sitting."

"Shut up Daniel!" he gives me a concerned look. I sit beside him and let him comfort me for a while.

The next few weeks were tense. I tried to pretend everything was great, I was happy, all my work had paid off, and Jack was home. Who am I trying to kid; I turned in to the cynic-queen. For every line that came out of Jack's mouth I had a snappy comeback, sometimes too snappy. Something told me I was pushing too far, but I couldn't stop. I had to make him hurt.

After that came the date everything with pants season. You name him - I probably dated him. Daniel kept trying to get me to slow down, but I wouldn't listen. I was determined to get Jack O'Neill out of my system no matter what. I kept reciting all his flaws in my head, like an invisible list that kept replaying. Major Carter was on the road for self-destruction.

I was avoiding the rest of the team as much as I could. No more team's night out, I always had something more important to do somewhere. Just not with them. The only one I really talked to off work was Daniel. And even when I talked to him I tried to keep it as brief as possible. Jack tried talking to me a few times but I always brushed him off. I hated him. At least that's what I tried telling myself over and over again. When they called my dad I knew I went over the line. Seeing him step through the stargate with that look on his face, made me want to find a dark place and bury myself.

"Sam, I have been hearing disturbing things about you lately." he said later that day when we sat in my apartment. He'd been dancing around the subject all day; I guess he finally decided to get down to business.

"Such as?"

"Colonel O'Neill, Daniel and Teal'c are very concerned about you. They said you have not been yourself for the past two months. Is anything wrong? "

"I can handle it." I am not some little girl that needs her daddy to come save her every time! I don't know what they were thinking!

"From what I can see you're not handling whatever it is very well."

"I can handle it." was all I said and with that the conversation was over.

The next morning when I looked at myself in the mirror I finally understood what he meant. I was not the same person I was before. The smile that used to light my face was gone. I was a bitter woman now, something I swore would never happen. It was time to get my act together. And the best way to do that was to leave the SGC. Far from the eye, far from the mind.

"Are you sure this is what you want Major?" General Hammond said while examining the transfer papers I passed to him.

"I'm sure, sir," I replied. The more miles between this place and myself the better.

I wasn't surprised to see him when he busted in to my lab later that afternoon.

"Have you completely lost your mind Carter??" Jack O'Neill angry, definitely something you don't want to be around when it happens.

"I have no idea what you mean sir."

"Don't play dumb with me Carter! You know exactly what I'm talking about! Whatever makes you think I'll authorize this?" He said while throwing the transfer papers on my desk.

"Last time I checked this was the air force not prison, sir."

"I have been taking a lot of shit from you lately major, just because Daniel told me you broke up with someone you loved very much and needed our support, but this is too much!"

"Daniel said what??" I can feel the blood rush to my head; I'm going to kill Daniel!

"He told me you just broke up with someone and that's why you've been behaving like you have. I was willing to take that behavior because it was you. But I will burn in hell first before letting you transfer because of that guy! For crying out loud Sam! This place just wouldn't be the same without you!"

"He shouldn't have said anything, but my decision is final" I turn from his gaze. I can just feel those brown eyes penetrate me. He gently puts his hand on my shoulder, turning me towards him.

"Carter, Sam, you can't leave. SG-1 won't be the same with out you; I won't be the same without you."

"You seemed to manage just fine when you were gone." That hit the spot. He looks at me with surprise, until the realization of what I'm talking about hits him.

"That was different. I thought I'd never see you again. And she was so persistent." He sighs and seems like he's collecting up courage to speak again.

"Who did you break up with Sam?" It's now or never. My heart is leaping from its place, time to face the music and tell him. What do I care, I'm leaving soon anyway.

"You." I answer softly. I didn't think I would feel this free when I said it. Like a huge boulder had been lifted from my heart.He takes my hand and pulls me to him.

"I'm sorry." Is all he says. He walks to the radio and turns it on, letting the soft music fill the room. Slowly we begin to dance to the music, I lay my head on his shoulder and listen to the words

I never had no one that I could count on
I've been that down so many times
I was tired of hurtin' so tired of searchin'
Til you walked into my life
It was a feelin' I'd never known
And for the first time I didn't feel alone

You're more than a lover
There could never be another
To make me feel the way you do
Oh we just get closer
I fall in love all over
Every time I look at you
I don't know where I'd be
Without you here with me Life with you makes perfect sense
You're my best friend
You're my best friend

You stand by me you believe in me
Like nobody ever has
When my world goes crazy
You're right there to save me
You make me see how much I have
And I still tremble when we touch
And oh the look in your eyes
When we make love

You're more than a lover
There could never be another
To make me feel the way you do
Oh we just get closer
I fall in love all over
Every time I look at you
And I don't know where I'd be
Without you here with me
Life with you makes perfect sense
You're my best friend You're my best friend

He slowly lifts my head so I can look into his eyes as he repeats the verse with the singer

You're more than a lover
There could never be another
To make me feel the way you do
And oh we just get closer
I fall in love all over
Every time I look at you
And I don't know where I'd be
Without you here with me
Life with you makes perfect sense
You're my best friend You're my best friend
You're my best friend

"Please stay," he whispers to my ear. And I know I will. He would pay for the next few months, don't get me wrong. It will take a lot of effort to get me to trust him again, and things will never be as they were, but something, deep inside me, tells me they'll be better.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Ravital A.