Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

New Memories

by Allison West
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
New Memories

New Memories

by Allison West

TITLE: New Memories
AUTHOR: Allison West
EMAIL: awest@pcpostal.com
CATEGORY: Romance, Action/Adventure
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: A couple for Window of Opportunity
SEASON / SEQUEL: 4
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: adult themes
SUMMARY: Jack has a confession to make...
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This was my first ever fan fic. I thought I'd go with something easy and write a loop-tale as so many others have done. Hope you like it.
DEDICTION: To my three best buddies, J, M and D. You know who you are. =)

She was just getting ready for bed when she heard it. Knock, Knock.

Sam heard the gentle knock on her door. 'God, what now. It's 11pm. Geez!' She thought as she got up to answer it. She couldn't even get any peace in her quarters these days. There was always someone needing her help with something or wanting to ask her a question. Sometimes being the foremost expert of the Stargate was tough work. She put down her pyjamas that she was about to change into and opened the door.

"Sir?", she said, surprised to see Jack of all people. He was usually sound asleep in his quarters by now. Today had been a tough day for them all. Stopping the time-loop, processing the data collected from P4X-639. She was exhausted and she expected that the Colonel would be also, especially after being stuck in the loop for, from what the Tok'Ra had told them, 3 months.

"Did you need something?", she asked him.

"Umm, no.", there was a long pause. She looked him in the eye, raised her eyebrows to encourage him to continue. He didn't know how to tell her, but he couldn't carry this around with him for much longer. The guilt was eating awa at him.

"Actually there was something that I needed to talk to you about.", he told her. She noticed that his voice was very quiet, nervous even. She became concerned. The Colonel hadn't spoken in that tone since they had to confess their feelings to prove that they weren't victims of Goa'uld mind control.

"Come in.", she said, standing aside to let him pass into the room.

'I shouldn't be here', Jack thought to himself. 'She's about to go to bed. Why did I have to pick this time?' But he couldn't get the image out of his mind. He had kissed her, like he had wanted to do for so long. She had embraced him in those few seconds when regulations didn't matter any more. For a brief moment he knew how she felt. How she really felt. The only problem was that now, she didn't remember it. He had to let her know though. Although what he had done had felt right at the time, he was now corrupted by an extreme sense of guilt at what had happened. He had taken advantage of her. She needed to know the truth. If she hated him for it, then so be it, but he had to tell her. She closed the door behind him and he turned around to face her.

"Sorry, I know it's late. We can talk about this tomorrow.", he said moving towards the door, he was having second thoughts.

"No, it's okay. I wasn't going to go to sleep just yet anyway. What did want to talk to me about?", she said gently. She sensed that Jack had something on his mind, that what he was going to tell her was very important. She motioned to the small couch that sat against the wall opposite her bed. He sat down and she joined him. He was very quiet. She let him have time to think. Then slowly he began. "So, umm, well, as you know Teal'c and I were stuck in that time-loop thingy.". He had a cute statement on his face. The one he got when he didn't really understand something. She smiled.

"Yeah, but you guys got us out of it and now everything is back to normal, right?"

"Well, yeah. And that's good because you know Teal'c and I were going nuts there for a while. It was so frustrating re-living the same day over and over again."

"I can imagine", she said with a laugh. There was another pause as she waited for him to continue. He was sitting forward, staring down at his hands. He seemed pre-occupied. She could feel his tension.

"Yeah, anyway", he went on. "When we realised that the loop would keep going on we decided to take a little rest from the translation and have a bit of fun."

She didn't really understand what he meant. What could they possibly have done?

"What do you mean, fun?", she asked, a little confused.

"Well we, ummm, needed to relieve some of the stress we were under so we did a few recreational activities."

"Like what?", she said with a smile. She was now very intrigued as to what one mischievous Colonel and a serious Jaffa could get up to on this base.

"Well, we played some golf.", he said with a smile.

"You took Teal'c out golfing?"

"Well, not exactly. We kinda used to the Stargate as the hole. Ya know Teal'c has a really powerful backswing", he said, amusement in his voice.

"Oh, my god, you didn't", she said, bursting into laughter. He laughed with her, loosening up a bit.

"Yeah, Hammond caught us. We were lucky that the loop re-started a few seconds after that."

"I don't believe it.", she said still laughing hysterically. She noticed he was more relaxed now. He had probably been worried that she would get angry at him for messing around in the time-loop when they should have been working to get things back to normal. But she wasn't. She could understand the pressure that they were under.

He then proceeded to tell her about the all the other monkey business they got up to. The bicycle, the juggling, even Teal'c hitting that guy in the face with the door. They were both in tears of laughter.

"Well, at least you didn't get up to anything too bad.", she said with a laugh.

His mood turned suddenly serious. She stopped laughing at the sudden change in his face. He lost his smile. She looked at him intently, worried.

"Sir, is everything alright?"

"Well, actually, no. There's something I need to tell you about what happened in the time loop.", his voice had that nervous sound again.

"It's okay you can tell me." 'Why was he so worried? What could possibly have happened that would make him so nervous of telling her'.

"Are you sure? I've been thinking about it and I'm not sure if you want to hear it or not. But I can't not tell you. I think you have a right to know." Okay, now she was really worried.

"Oh, god, you didn't kill Maybourne or anything did you.", she exclaimed. She knew Jack was a lot of things, but he certainly wouldn't do something as crazy as that.

"What!", he exclaimed. "God no, nothing like that!"

"Then what?", she asked. Confusion now very apparent in her facial statement.

"I....I...."

"What?", she pressed.

"I kissed you!", he blurted out quickly. Turning his head away from her, scared to see her reaction.

Sam sat there motionless for several minutes. Taking in this new information. Jack had become very quiet, waiting for her to say something.

She stood up abruptly, walking to the other side of the room. "How could you!", she yelled, waving her hands in the air at him. He got up and walked towards her.

"Sam, I'm really sorry. I don't know what I was thinking, I just...."

"How on earth could you do that?", she cut him off abruptly.

"I...I", he stammered, moving towards her to try and calm he down. "I just..."

"Couldn't you have at least waited till I could remember it?", she yelled.

"I....what?", he asked confused. 'Till she remembered? She wanted to remember?'

"Till I remembered.", her voice softened. She looked him in the eye. "The thing that I have been waiting for for so long finally happens and I don't even remember it.", she turned away, disappointment evident in the slouch of her shoulders as she hugged herself and closed her eyes.

"You mean, you've wanted me to kiss you.", he asked stunned and a little perplexed.

She turned back to face him.

"I've wanted nothing more since the day I walked into that briefing room.", she said slowly.

"Then why.....why did you never tell me?"

"You're the one who kissed me! I should be asking you that question."

"I didn't want to hurt you.", he said, his eyes turned to the floor.

She walked towards him slowly. Moving her head to underneath his, she looked him in the eyes. Their faces only and inch apart. "The only thing that could hurt me right now is if you don't refresh my memory." Their eyes were locked, and at that moment Jack knew what he had to do. Bringing his hands up to her face he clasped her cheeks softly before bringing his lips to hers. Slowly he dipped her and cradled her in his arms just as he had done the first time. Never breaking their kiss he gently lowered her to the bed. Creating a new memory as well as refreshing an old one.

The End

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Allison West