Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Intervention

by Burlesque
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Intervention

Intervention

by Burlesque

Title: Intervention
Author: Burlesque
Email: burlesq@yahoo.com
Category: MissingScene/Epilogue
Season: Season 6
Pairing: none
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Summary: What really happened during Paradise Lost.
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Intervention
By
Burlesque

I look down upon my team members, excuse me, former team members and sigh. It's sad really. The answer is right there in front of them...and they can't see it. I know Sam is always focussed on her job, I just never realized that her focus is actually acute tunnel vision. Tunnel vision that's gonna get Jack killed.

All she can see is getting him back. And the only way she can see to do it was through fancier and fancier technology. I can't believe she actually thought Hammond would let her launch a satellite. Heck, I'm surprised she didn't ask to take the X-303 out looking for him.

She's a lot like the Asgard that way, better living through better technology.

She just doesn't get it...simpler is better. And why drive yourself nuts trying to build the better mousetrap, when there was a perfectly good one right in front of you.

Looks like if Jack is to ever come home, I'll just have to stick my nose in...again.

Reaching down, I gently merge my mind with hers, careful not to alert her to my presence. I can't have that. It would ruin the game. I weave my way through the chaos of her rampant emotions and finally find what I'm looking for...her inspiration.

Using the lightest touch possible I whisper into her mind's ear, repeating myself a couple of times until I feel her catch on, the literal lightbulb going on over her head.

"Teal'c, wind back that tape. Stop there," she orders, cutting off Jonas' ramble. Of course the scroll is difficult to read, it's 3,000 years old.

"That was the first day we were there," he says. Very observant, Jonas.

"I don't believe it. It wasn't visible after that, I forgot it was even there," Sam says. Yes, you forgot. It's that tunnel vision thing again.

"What?"

"The moon. The Doorway device doesn't use wormhole technology. It wasn't designed to send you across the galaxy. We thought they'd been sent somewhere else on the planet. But they haven't. They've been sent to that moon," she says triumphantly. Took you long enough to figure that one out. You know, you would have figured it out sooner had you just taken a step back.

"How do you know that?" Jonas asks. Because I told her.

"The big circle is the planet, the little circle the moon. The line between is the path of transportation," she explains. She picks up the pictures and slides off the stool. "I've got to go tell the general. Hopefully that Tok'ra ship is still in the vicinity." She leaves the room, Jonas and Teal'c following her like two obedient little lap dogs. Ah yes, run to the Tok'ra. Wonder if she'll ever figure out that they're more of a hindrance than a help?

I leave the room and zip across the universe, effortlessly finding Jack. He's moved since I left him, now sitting beside Maybourne in the middle of the abandoned village. I see a rusty stain on Harry's grubby shirt. Wow, Jack must have shot him, again. That probably made his day. I'll just make it better. Making sure that Harry is unconscious, I make myself visible.

"Danny?" he asks cautiously.

"Yeah."

"You tell them?"

"They're on their way," I reassure him.

"Thanks buddy. Don't know what I'd do without you," he says sincerely.

Neither do I Jack. Neither do I, I think as I fade away and leave the planet.

~end~

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Burlesque