Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Marble Halls

by Constellation
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
MarbleHalls

Marble Halls

I dreamt I dwelt in marble halls
With vassals and serfs at my side
I felt as if I were living in a dream. No, not a dream, a nightmare. My body was no longer my own, controlled now by an alien posing as a goddess. I was a slave in the most complete manner imaginable.

And of all who assembled within those walls,
That I was their hope and their pride.

I was called a “Child of the Gods”.

I had riches all too great to count,
And a high ancestral name

I – we – she had all the physical luxuries of royalty, but I gave her no peace. I felt sick, violated, and I screamed day and night. I screamed at her for what she had done to me. I screamed at the universe for handing me this fate. There were times when I lost my grip on reason and screamed at Daniel, my dear Daniel, for not saving me. But there was nothing he could have done.

But I also dreamt, which charmed me most

I had only one comfort.

That you loved me still the same –
That you loved me, you loved me still the same –
That you loved me, you loved me still the same.

My Daniel was looking for me. Just as I will always belong to him, so will he always belong to me. Our love burns brighter than any sun.

I dreamt that suitors sought my hand,
That knights, upon bended knee

I could only stand by helplessly as Amaunet toyed with the emotions of powerful System Lords. I was in agony, tortured by guilt, for I had given myself to Daniel alone.

And with vows no maiden’s heart could withstand
They pledged their faith to me.

Amaunet, I discovered, was even more adept at seduction than Hathor.

And I dreamt that one of that noble host
Came forth, my hand to claim.

I cannot describe how I felt when I found I was carrying Apophis’s child. I was disgusted. I wanted to die. I wanted to rip the demon baby from my own womb.

But I also rejoiced. The child within me was the Harcesis, and as such would have all the knowledge of the Goa’uld. If I could deliver him to Daniel and his friends, they might be able to use that knowledge to defeat the false gods. I grew to love the boy. He was, after all, my son. I could only wish he was Daniel’s as well.

But I also dreamt, which charmed me most,
That you loved me still the same –

Daniel, come find me, please! Every moment you are not with me is agony. I am dying, my Daniel.

That you loved me, you loved me still the same –

I will not last much longer.

That you loved me, you loved me still the same...