Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Blame

by Constellation
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Blame

Blame

Even in the near-total darkness, Sha’uri could tell how tense her husband was. “What is wrong, my Dan-yel?” she asked worriedly.

Daniel sighed. “I don’t know what I can do. Your entire culture is being destroyed by corporate sharks who won’t listen to reason. I’m doing all I can to make them see, but it’s not enough. They're so blinded by the promise of a quick profit, they have no idea what they’re doing to your people - to our people.”

Sha’uri wrapped her arms around him and laid her head on his shoulder, wanting to comfort him but not knowing what to say.

Daniel’s voice sank to a whisper. “And the hell of it all is... it’s all my fault.”

Sha’uri picked up her head in surprise. “How so, husband?”

She could hear the agony of guilt in his voice. “I was the one who figured out how the Stargate on Earth works! I discovered what the symbols mean. I even named the blasted thing from the hieroglyphs on it! If I hadn’t taken on the project, your culture would be safe-”

“And still under the oppression of Ra,” Sha’uri interrupted softly. “And you, my dear Dan-yel, would be homeless and out of a job.”

“But Ra at least let you remain who you are!” Daniel cried. “You could keep your ways of life under him! And I could have gotten by.” He held Sha’uri close. “The only part of this whole fiasco I don’t regret is you.”

“You could not have known, Dan-yel,” Sha’uri said. “You are not to blame.”

“Then why do I feel like I’ve betrayed you all?”

“Go to sleep, my Dan-yel,” Sha’uri said soothingly. “You have plenty to worry about in the morning.”

He tried to take her advice. He really did.