Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Burning Horror Part 2: Indiscretion, The

by Constellation
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Burning Horror Part 2: Indiscretion

The Burning Horror Part 2: Indiscretion

by Constellation

Summary: After the events of "Forever in a Day", the tragedy is only beginning.
Category: Action/Adventure, Angst
Season: Season 3
Pairing: Daniel/Share
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: violence
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 01/18/04

As soon as it was alone, the being removed its disguise and rested, pleased, congratulating itself on its acting skills. It had successfully mislead the enemy, and now needed only a time to strike.

It had learned from a recent mistake to be cautious, to avoid attacking innocent travelers. There had been only one such arrival in its lifetime, occurring only a few weeks ago. Upon discovering that the woman was, in fact, not only peaceful but helpless, it had assumed the appearance of a human and taken her under its wing. It healed the wounds it had inflicted on her, and helped her begin a new life.

But the four invaders were definitely a threat. They carried weapons into the village, and their leader, Jack O'Neill, seemed to be looking for trouble. And the being had discovered, in conversation with dark man Teal'C, that the Jaffa carried within him one of the very vile race it guarded Etrar against. There was no mistake this time.

The problem would be convincing Ankha of this. The woman the being had found unconscious and amnesiac in front of the Circle had expressed an attraction to the one called Daniel Jackson. She would probably refuse to see the danger. She had to be disillusioned... and who better to do it than her beloved brother?

The *Rhakhana'ta* replaced its disguise and went to speak to her, Joros once again.

The name meant 'fire'.

***

Jack O'Neill's first reaction was to laugh. "She made a move on you?"

At Major Samantha Carter's warning glare, he fell silent, but the smirk never left his face.

"I don't see how she could be so... so..." Daniel trailed off helplessly. "I mean, I'd just told her about Sha'uri..." His voice caught on her name, as it always had since her death.

O'Neill made no attempt to tiptoe around a sore topic. "One thing, though, Daniel," he said. "Did you get a good look at her? A really good look?"

Jackson shrugged. "She looked a lot like Sha'uri, but with lighter skin, shorter hair, and a burn scar on one cheek. Why?"

"A person will get a pretty good tan living in the desert," Jack pointed out. "Bring that person to a forest like Etrar, and that tan will fade significantly before a few weeks have passed. A burn scar could come from almost anywhere, and anyone could decide to get a haircut."

Daniel stared at Jack, blue eyes wide. "What, exactly, are you saying, Jack?" he asked slowly, his voice tremulous and very, very soft.

"All I'm saying is that we may be looking at a case of mistaken identity here," O'Neill said. "Possibly... amnesia. Now I'm just speculating here- Daniel!"

Jackson stood abruptly and stormed from the room.

Carter rose as well. "That was in extremely poor taste. *Sir,"* she added angrily before following Daniel out. She made the word sound like an insult.

Teal'C raised an eyebrow and left in silence.

"What?" O'Neill called after them. "What did I do this time?"

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Constellation