Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Windows To The Soul

by Kayla Holroyd
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Windows to the soul

by Kayla Holroyd

TITLE: Windows to the soul
AUTHOR: Kayla Holroyd
EMAIL: Faith2_earth@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Hurt/Comfort, Romance, Thoughts
PAIRING: Jack/other
SPOILERS: none, i think
SEASON / SEQUEL: any
RATING: PG-13
CONTENT WARNINGS: character death,language, sexual situations
SUMMARY: A new doctor has a dramatic effect on O'Neill. As he explains...
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: I was very bored, so I wrote this. I was also getting fed up with all the sam/jack stories (Sorry all s/j fans!) so if you can't stand the thought of anything but s/j then don't read this, oh & Daniel's still alive, I got very annoyed when they killed him off so He's back! I hope you like it, although I don't know how good it is.Please tell me what you think.

So this is how it is, a story of a girl who had happiness, kindness and love to give and in return gets grief, torture and hatred. The girl grew into a woman, a woman who by now had closed up, she shied away from any affection or sympathy, a woman who had to be strong...or she would die. A woman who needed saving and I wanted to be the one to do it. Me, Colonel Jack O'Neill, big strong military man who has to show no feelings to survive his job, wanted to look after her. Now I want to tell you the story, my story, her story. Our story.

"So, what did you want to talk to us about Doctor?" I asked. Fraiser turned to face SG-1.

"I wanted you to meet the new doctor." She said, "Doctor Matthews?" A woman came around the corner, I stared. She was the most entrancing person I had ever seen. She was a bit taller than Fraiser with a slim, perfectly formed body and a beautiful face that had black hair perfectly framing it. I tried to look unfazed by her but it didn't work, I still stared and she noticed.

"Hi," she said, "I'm Tessa. I've heard a lot about you"

"Don't believe a word of it," I said, finding my voice that I thought I had lost. She smiled, I melted.

"So I'm not to believe that the team has a mixture of strength, intelligence, tactical abilities and, as a bonus, charisma?" she teased

"Well, maybe that part, but..."

"I'm Daniel." Danny interrupted, he held his hand out. They shook hands. I suddenly felt a pang of jealousy *pull yourself together, O'Neill* I yelled in my head *she's way out of your league, what's he saying to her?*

She smiled again. I looked into her sapphire eyes and realised something. Despite her gorgeous smile her eyes looked sad, full of pain and suffering. It was at that point that I started to understand her, even before I knew her. We talked to her for a while before we had to go to the briefing for our next mission.

"Colonel?" Hammond said. I jumped.

"Yes sir?"

"Are you feeling ok?"

"Yes sir, why?"

"You look distant." He said. That would have been because I was distant, I was thinking about what I had seen in Tessa's eyes. I couldn't get it out of my head. I couldn't think of anything else.

"I'm fine."

"Good, you are all dismissed." He said and walked out of the room.

"Colonel!" yelled Carter

"Jack!" yelled Daniel

"O'Neill!" yelled Teal'c, I turned to see someone, before it went black.

I opened my eyes to see Tessa, I blinked to make sure she was real. She was still there and very real.

"How are you feeling?" she asked.

"Better, now." I said, willing her to pick up on the hint.

"Good." She replied, I decided to come straight out with it.

"Why are you sad?" I asked. She looked up quickly and looked shocked.

"How did you..." she stopped herself "I mean what makes you think that?"

"Your eyes."

"The windows to the soul." She whispered

"Yes they are. And yours tell me that I need to help you."

"A lot has happened to me."

"Like..."

"Like, I'm not going to tell you. We've just met!"

"It doesn't feel like that to me." I said, she looked interested.

"What do you mean?"

"I feel like I know you, because I've seen what you feel."

"Trust me, you don't want to know."

"Yes, I do"

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Do you believe in love at first sight?" *oh god what am I doing?*

"I do now." She said, looking straight at me, now it was my turn to look shocked. She lent forwards, I pulled her into a kiss. It started gentle, both of us were being cautious. Then it became passionate and it felt right, so right. I hardly knew her, but already I loved this woman.

5 months later

"Jack?" Tessa called "Jack where are you?"

"I'm coming." I said. She had been gone for three days and I didn't know where she had been. I ran to her and hugged her tight.

"Owww, Jack get off, you're hurting me." She said, I let go and saw what state she was in. She was standing in a very torn shirt that was blood stained and her trousers were ripped as well, she had a black eye and deep cuts all over her, she also had burns over her all well.

"What the hell happened? Where did you go? Why are you hurt? Who did this to you?" I said, frantic.

"I think you should know now. I got taken to an organisation called Adrienne, they want information from me, and they torture me because I won't tell them. I escaped again." She said, I stood there, stunned for a few minutes before I finally spoke

"Why didn't you tell me before?" I asked. She looked down.

"Because I thought if you knew you would stop loving me." She said quietly

"Tessa, I would never stop loving you."

"Other people did. They started killing my family. My family said I had to tell The Adrienne what I knew or they wouldn't let me be part of the family. But if I tell the Adrienne then they will kill most of the people in the world."

"Oh, Tessa..." I said and held her gently, "We'd better get you to a hospital."

Two months later

" Tessa," I said, got down on one knee and got a ring out.

"Yes, I will." She said smiling. I looked into her eyes again and saw love.

"I love you and I always will." I said and I meant it. I put the ring on her finger

"I love you too. I promise I always will. Tessa O'Neill, has a nice ring to it" She replied. A man walked up to us.

"Excuse me ma'am. On behalf of The Adrienne I would..."

As soon as I heard that name I leapt at him, we started fighting. He managed to push me away and got a gun out.

"NO!" Tessa screamed and ran in front of me. A shot rang out.

That's our story. The woman I loved died for her love. I wanted to her to love me and she did. I wanted to make her happy and I did. I wanted to save her but ended up killing her. I saw into her soul and it killed her. I saw into her soul through windows of the soul.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Kayla Holroyd