Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

He's Back

by Katmellie
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
He's Back

He's Back

by Katmellie

Title: He's Back
Author: Katmellie
Email: Katmellie@AOL.com
Category: none
Season: any Season
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Summary: Bar'tact's back, and tries to kill Carter.
Sequel to: Bar'tact and House Warming
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Stargate SG-1

He`s Back:

Jack had dropped Daniel back at his apartment, lucky that he remember to keep the spare key, in his truck. He dropped him on his bed, and went in search of a first aid kit. He thought as he was their, he might as well patch him up. When he returns to Daniel's bedroom, Daniel was gone. He stopped, and looks back into the other room.

Jack: "Daniel? Where are you?"
Daniel: "Where most people throw up"

Jack grins slightly, at his friend remark. He shakes his head, and opens the first aid box out, on to the bed. He searches threw bandages and plasters to find some alcohol wipes. He finds one, and opens it. He leaves the wrapper on the bed, and goes into the bathroom, to find Daniel slump over the toilet. He shakes his head, and pulls Daniel form over the toilet. He gently wipes at the cut, Daniel quickly jerks and tries to stop him.

Daniel: "What the fuck is that?"
Jack: "Am cleaning your cut"
Daniel: "Well, it hurts"

Jack shakes his head, and goes back into the bedroom. Daniel crawls back into the room, and leans against the chest of draws. Jack picks up a plaster, takes it out of its wrapping and goes back over to Daniel. He kneels down in front of him. He wipes some hair, from Daniels forehead, and places the plaster on. He smoothes the plaster down, to make it neat and tidy.

Daniel: "Thanks, Jack"
Jack: "Aw, come on Danny-boy" Using that name, triggered the memory off again. "Come on, Daniel. Do you need any help getting into bed?" Daniel: "No, I just need help, getting to the bed" Jack: "Sure. Come on, Danny"

Jack hooks his arms, under Daniels and helps him up. He holds his arm, and guides him to his bed. Daniel drops onto the bed. Jack grabs his legs and throws them onto the bed. He stops and takes in the picture. He shakes his head, and walks out the door of the bedroom.

Jack: "Bye, Danny"
Daniel: "Bye, Jack"
Jack: "If you feel better in the morning, Barbie round mind. Did you get that, Daniel?"

He heard a groan, and took it at as yes. Just to make sure, he wrote a note, and stuck it on the fridge. He smiles and closes the door.

Jack pulls up outside his apartment, he out the truck in parked and got out. He activates the locking mechanism and the alarm, and made his way up to the house. He fiddles with the key ring, to get house key. He drops them on the floor; he reaches down to pick them up and gets another memory flash.

Carter was stood in corridor, with a Zac pointed at something behind him. He would turn round to look, but something was holding him in place. He felt himself slump forward, and couldn't see anything.

Bar'tact: "You have Gould technology. How can that be? You may have won this time, but I will be back. You can count on it, Carter" Carter: "Not, if I have anything to do with it"

He heard the Zac shoot, and then it all went pitch black. He must have slipped into sub-consciousness. Then there he was, the alien who caught a brief glance at, in the gate room. The alien took a couple steps towards him. He try move away, but couldn't. He was to frighten to move.

Bar'tact: "I have given you, some time to yourself. Now that I have gotten used to this body of yours and learnt everything you know. I will now, take your body"

He realise, he hadn't been having memory flashbacks. This alien had...blended, in a way, with him and was sharing his memories with him.

`Now, that I have your body. I will destroy your friends, and take over your worthless planet'. Jack try moved his hand, but couldn't. But he could see threw his eyes. He realise that he was totally imprisoned in his own mind. He felt trap. Then his legs started to move, but they were going in the wrong direction. He was heading back to his truck. 'Hey, where you going?' `Am going to killed Major Carter'. ` You son of a bitch. Stop right now'. He tries stopping his feet, but they kept moving towards the truck. He felt pain that was indescribable. 'Try that again, and it will become much worse for you'. He opens the truck door, got in and started the engine. He put it into gear, and speeded off down the road.

Sam was making her dinner, until there was a knock at the door. She cross the living room, wiping her hands on a tea towel. She opens the door, to find Jack, standing there with an evil grin on his face. She smiles, and steps a side to allow him to pass.

Sam: "Hi, Jack. I wasn't inspecting to see you, until tomorrow"

He steps in, never taking his eyes off her. She closes the door, and walks back into the kitchen.

Sam: "So, what did you come over for?"
Jack: "To kill you"

She giggles, and stirs the sauce in the pan.

Sam: "Very funny, now what did you come over for?" Jack: "Just as I said before. I would come back" Sam: "Huh?"

She turns just in time, as he comes at her with a knife. She steps aside.

Sam: "Jack, what are you doing?"
Bar'tact: "This body no longer, belongs to the man you love. It is mine, and soon you will be dead"

He lunges at her again. She kicks him in the face, grabs the knife and breaks his hand. He yells out, and cradles his hand. She grabs a pan, from the counter.

Bar'tact: "Sam! Help me! He's taking over again, I need you to..."

She stops; she approaches him slowly, still holding the pan in her hands.

Sam: "You need me to do what?"
Bar'tact: "I need you...to die"

He runs at her, she steps a side and hits him on the head. He falls to the ground; she steps back into her fighting stance. `What the fuck is going on?'. She steps slowly forward; she crouches down beside him and checks his pulse. It was faint but steady, which meant she'd knock him out. She drops the pan on the floor, and grabs the phone. She dials the emergency number, for the SGC.

Hammond walks into the infirmary, to find Major Carter sat on a bed, and O'Neill next to her, in a bed. Dr Fraiser was injecting something into, the IV drip, which was connected to O'Neill's arm. He took big long strides towards his bed. He could see the restrains, pepping out from under the blanket. Carter jumps off the bed, and stood at attention. He looks her up and down; he could tell she was going through hell. Her face told that. He nods his head, and she sits back down. Dr Fraiser comes from the other side of the bed.

Hammond: "Doctor?"
Fraiser: "It seems, from what Major Carter has told me, that Bar'tact. Has imbedded his subconscious in Colonel O'Neill's mind" Hammond: "So, what does that mean?"
Fraiser: "What am trying to say is, there's two minds in one body. It's going be impossible, to get Colonel O'Neill back" Carter: "We'll get him back, we have to" It was almost a whisper, but Hammond just caught it. "I need him"

Her head drops into her hands. O'Neill starts to moan, Fraiser's at his side in moments.

Fraiser: "Colonel?"
Bar'tact: "He is hiding in the dark corners, of his own mind. He is too much of a coward, to show himself to me"

Carter jumps off the bed.

Carter: "He's not a coward, he's the most bravest person, I know. You're the coward, you take other peoples bodies and can't even show them your true form" Bar'tact: "You only believe that, because you love him"

She slaps him; a red mark is left on his face and an evil grin. He starts laughing.

Bar'tact: "You should hear him, he's crying now and pleading with me to stop. But I have only begun"

Fraiser injects something into the IV drip, and Bar'tact drifts back to sleep.

Fraiser: "I've given him a sedative, he's going to out for a while, sir" Hammond: "Thank you, doctor. Do your best for him"

Fraiser nods her head, and heads to her office.

Hammond: "Major Carter, I want you to go get some sleep. You won't be any good to anyone, if you're half a sleep on your feet"

She nods her head, and heads out of the infirmary. Hammond crosses to the phone on the wall. He picks the receiver up, and the operator answers.

Hammond: "Send some people down here, from security. Post one outside, of all members of SG-1's quarters and the infirmary" Operator: "Yes, sir"
Hammond: "That'll be all"

He puts the receiver back on the wall. He looks over at his second in command and sighs. He rubs his head; his hand stops over the band-aid, on the back of his head.

Fraiser: "How your bump, sir?"

He turns round to face her, she smiles, but he knows she putting it on.

Hammond: "Am find, and so is my bump. Are you sure, there's nothing you can do?" Fraiser: "Am sure, sir. I have no ideas, nothing. Nothing I can do can do anything, except keep him sedated"

Hammond nods his head; he pads her on the shoulder and leaves.

Daniel step out of the elevator, to find an airman standing outside. He took a few steps down the corridor, and notice the airman was following him. He turns round to face the airman, and the airman nodded.

Daniel: "What's going on?"
Airman: "I don't know, sir. I've been ordered to stay outside your door, and to accompany you, wherever you may go" Daniel: "Why?"
Airman: "All I know, is that I was ordered by General Hammond, sir. Maybe he knows"

Daniel sighs, he sets off down the corridor towards Hammonds office, with his new acquire lap dog. He climb up the stairs into the control room, the control room was totally a wreck. In Jack's words, `All it needs is a lick of paint, few windows and it'll be liveable'. He smiles, and quickly makes his way up the stairs, into the briefing room. Hammond's door was open, he could see Sam sat in one of chairs. He slowly approaches the door, he notices Hammond's on the phone. He knocks softly on the door, and enters. Sam looks up, gives a brief smile and rests her head back on her hand. Hammond just nods, and points to one of the chairs. Daniel sat down, he could the airman assign to him, standing outside the window. Hammond replaces the phone back on its holder. He sighs and leans back.

Hammond: "Morning, Dr Jackson"
Daniel: "Sir, why the lap dog?"
Sam: "Your starting to sound like, the Colonel" Hammond: "Em, there was an incident last night, at Major Carter's house. Colonel O'Neill went over to her house, and attack her" Daniel: "He did what!"
Sam: "It wasn't actually him, it was Bar'tact" Daniel: "He's dead. You killed him, yourself" Sam: "He manage to imbedded himself, into the Colonel's mind" Daniel: "So, there's Jack and Bar'tact, in Jack's body"

She nods her head, Daniel looks at her trying to figure out, what she's feeling. But he couldn't, she was hiding her feeling and was good at it. Well she should be, she trained to hide her feelings from the enemy but not from the people who cared about her. Hammond broke his train of thought. He suddenly stood up, and smile at something behind them. Daniel turns to see Janet, stood there with a two file boxes.

Hammond: "Come in, Doctor"

Daniel stands up, and moves out of the way.

Daniel: "Here, Janet. Have my seat"

She smiles and sits down.

Daniel: "What's that?"
Janet: "This is Colonel O'Neill's medical file, or should I say box" Hammond: "Is there any news?"
Janet: "He's awake, and going on about killing everyone. I've put him, in the observation lab" Hammond: "Okay, Doctor"
Janet: "Sir, I think we should asked the Asguard, Tollans or the...Tok'ra" Hammond: "I've already done it. The Asguard's are sending one of their top people. The Tollans are sending a device that can, detects who's who. If you get what am on about?" Daniel: "Yes, they used that device on Skar'ra. It can lock on one personality, to allow them to speak" Sam: "The Tok'ra won't help, they never do. They only help, when they can get a host" Hammond: "Your father is coming, to see if there's anything they can do" Sam: "Oh, right"

The intercom comes on.

Intercom: "Security to the observation lab, security to the observation lab"

Sam jumps out of her seat, and rushes out of the door. Hammond nods to them both, and they follow Sam down the corridor. They turn the corridor, to see an airman fly out of the observation lab door, and slam against the wall. Janet checks him over, Daniel enters the infirmary to find five airman, lying on the floor. Sam was fighting with Jack, no...Bar'tact. Daniel grabs one of the guns, from one of the airman's holster. He aim at Bar'tact, he try to remember what Jack had told him. `If you want to shoot someone, but don't want to kill them. But you want to disable them. Shoot them in the shoulder, and in the thigh'. He aims, he fire's on shot and everyone stops moving. Bar'tact presses his good hand on his shoulder, Daniel shoots his thigh and Bar'tact falls to floor. Hammond slowly comes next to him, and takes the gun.

Hammond: "It's okay, son. You've done it, you've disable him"

Sam drops down beside Bar'tact, he was unconscious, must have been from the pain. She push his hand away, with her foot. Daniel drops down on his knee's.

Daniel: "Jack's going to be pissed at me" Sam: "Why'd you say that?"
Daniel: "Well, you've shot him, and now I've shot him"

She laughs, and shakes her head.

Jack couldn't believe it, he trap inside his own body. He felt sorry, for the people who had become hosts. Bar'tact was sleeping, since Fraiser had given him another sedative. If only things were different, if he ever had the chance to kick the shit out of this guy, no one would be able to stop him. If he could only slam his fist off a table he would. He felt his hand, make a fist. `Hold on a minute, did I just make a fist?'. He try opening his eyes, the light was bright. `How come, I always get the bed, directly under the light?'. He slowly open his eyes again, to see Teal'c stood over him.

Jack: "Teal'c?"
Teal'c: "You will not succeed, in keeping O'Neill trap in his own body" Jack: "Teal'c, it's me. It's O'Neill"
Teal'c: "That will not work again"

He heard the door open, someone had entered the room. He saw Daniel and Janet up in the booth. Sam come into view, next to Teal'c.

Jack: "Carter"

He try to move his hand, to touch her, but he couldn't. He look down to see he was handcuff and strap to the bed.

Jack: "Guess someone's into something kinky" Sam: "Look, Bar'tact. That won't work again, we have a device now, that can tell us, if your who you say you are"

He felt someone left his head and shoulders. Something was push down, over his head and then it lock into position. Whoever was holding his shoulders and head, had let them go. Jack could feel, Bar'tact waking up.

Jack: "Look, I haven't got long. Bar'tact's waking up. Get this son of a bitch out of my head. There's only room for one in here"

Sam looked at some guy, standing next to her.

Tollan: "That is the host talking. Blue means host, and red means symbiote or the other person" Sam: "Sir, is that you. Am so sorry, were trying to get him out of you. Just hold on"

He try to speak, but Bar'tact had woken up. The pain had return from before, it was amazingly painful. Jack went back into his dark place. He found Bar'tact couldn't hurt him, when he was in there and couldn't get to him. But Jack could hear everything that went on, and could see it.

Sam: "Sir?"
Tollan: "No, it has changed. It is now, Bar'tact" Bar'tact: "Jack has gone into hiding. But he will soon die" Sam: "No, he won't. Do you want to know, why? Because he's promised me something, and he always keeps his promises"

Jack so wanted to smile, but knew if he try, he would be punish like before. He felt his lips curve. 'Eh, up. Did I do that, or was that him?' He try moving his small finger. But it wouldn't move. 'I wish that fucking stupid finger would move'. It moved, just a little but it moved. 'Right, now were going to ambitious'. He came out of his dark place, and will Bar'tact out of there. He felt himself take control, and Bar'tact go back into a sleeping state. He heard Sam sigh.

Tollan: "It has changed back"
Sam: "Sir?"
Jack: "Yeah, if he can keep asshole under control. Give me a sedative, when he takes control again. He's weak then, and I can take control"

He felt Bar'tact pushing back.

Jack: "He's pushing me out, get ready"

To late, Bar'tact was in control. He hoped that they were ready.

Sam watch Janet, inject the sedative into the IV drip. She caught a sight of Jack's face.

Bar'tact: "It will not work. I am more powerful than him, he's weak minded. Why else do think I choose him?" Sam: "Maybe, because he's better looking then you could ever be" Bar'tact: "You will never..."

The light changed, it was Jack again. A smile sweep over her face.

Jack: "Think am good looking then"
Janet: "In your dreams"

Jack smile, she couldn't believe it. How can that smile look so evil before, and yet it was one of his attractive points. She notice he was looking at her.

Jack: "Sorry, about early. I try to stop him, but he was stronger then" Sam: "Sorry, about your head"
Daniel: "Yeah, and am sorry for shooting you"

She looks up, to see Daniel enter. She gives him a brief smile, and returns her attention back to Jack.

Jack: "You did the right thing. I'm just glad you remember what I told you" Daniel: "Well, was pretty hard to forget, when you were showing me using a paintball gun"

Jack laughs, Daniel sits down on the edge of the bed.

Daniel: "Hey, can't this device lock Bar'tact out. Stop him taking control again"

The Tollan step over, touch one button and the light went dim.

Tollan: "Now, Bar'tact will not be able to take control" Hammond: "Good"

They look up, into booth room.

Jack: "Hi, sir. How's the show?"
Hammond: "Well, seven of my officers are in infirmary in serious conditions. Remind me, what have you been trained in?" O'Neill: "Em...level 7 hand to hand combat, level 8 with weapons, level 6 in explosives..." Hammond: "I get the picture". He looks at the Tollan. " Colonel O'Neill will be accompany you, back to your home world. Will he be able to do the trip?" Tollan: "Now, that the device is lock. There is no threat from Bar'tact" Jack: "I want to be restrain. Just in case, I've made enough damage as it" Sam: "Sir, it wasn't you. No, one blames you"

He smiles at her, she smiles back at him.

Hammond: "I want the rest of SG-1 to go as well" Sam: "We'll go get kitted up, sir"

She left the room, with Daniel in hot pursuit.

Teal'c watch the gate spin, the door open and O'Neill step in. He had his feet chain, his hands were chuff and a chain was wrap round his upper arms. He waddle in like a penguin. A grin form on Teal'c's lips, O'Neill stood next to him.

Jack: "All I need now, is a penguin suit and I would be one" Teal'c: "Are you well, O'Neill?"
Jack: "Yeah, just peachy"

The gate whoosh open, covering the whole room in a blue glow. Carter came in follow by Daniel.

Carter: "Daniel, it doesn't matter what am feeling. Now drop it" Daniel: "Sam?"
Carter: "Daniel, if you don't drop it, am going to lose my temper. When little Sammy loses her temper, heads roll. Get the picture?" Daniel: "Yeah, clear as day"
Carter: "Now, let's move" She turn to O'Neill. "Sir, do you need a hand?" O'Neill: "No, no. Am fine"

He jump up the ramp steps, and waddle up the ramp. He went through the gate, and an airman started laughing. Carter cross the room, to him, in an instinct.

Carter: "What's so funny, airman?"
Airman: "Nothing, ma'am"
Carter: "Get out of my sight. When I come back, and you're here. You'll wish you weren't. Get my drift?" Airman: "Yes, ma'am"

He took off, out of one of the doors. She step up onto the ramp, and went threw the gate. Daniel look at Teal'c, Teal'c just shrug and Daniel shrug back. They walk through the gate, with the Tollan following them.

Sam was getting impatient, he been in there for over an hour and there was no news. She wanted to go in with him, but they wouldn't let her. She was scared for him, but she wouldn't admit to anyone. He didn't seem scared, but she new he was.

Daniel: "Sam, he'll be fine. He can always get himself into trouble, but he always manages to get out of it"

The door opens and a women dress in white, stands there looking at them.

Tel'lena: "I have good news for you"
Sam: "It's about bloody time, what you been doing? Bathing him or something?" Tel'lena: "No, we have finally removed Bar'tact, from Colonel O'Neill" Daniel: "Can we see him?"

Jack comes round the corner, putting his T-shirt on.

Jack: "You may, as long as none of you shoot me" Daniel: "I said, I was sorry"
Jack: "Daniel, am joking"

Teal'c steps forward, in front of them.

Teal'c: "It is good to see you have control, over all of your faculties"

Jack laughs, and taps Teal'c on the shoulder. Sam and Daniel look at each other.

Sam: "Must be a private joke"
Daniel: "Yeah, and I'm in the mood to shoot someone" Jack: "Hey, am still in pain from you shooting me in the leg and shoulder. And thanks to Carter, I also have a broken wrist" Sam: "Well, maybe you should stop putting me in position to hurt you" Jack: "Anyway, I want to go back home. The morphine starting to wear off"

Jack hobbles to the door, with the rest of them following him.

Jack was lying in a bed, in the infirmary. Janet was writing in his chart. Sam is sitting down, in a chair next to his bed. Daniel's sat on the bed next to them. Teal'c stood at the end of the bed, reading over Janet's shoulder.

Janet: "Now, Colonel. Were not going to try and escape are we?" Jack: "No. I can't anyway, I need morphine"

Janet giggles, she puts the chart in its slot and goes into her office.

Jack: "Guess, my trip to Washington postpone" Sam: "What trip?"
Jack: "Em...nothing really" He whispers. "Just picking up secret documents" Daniel: "Anything we need to know?"
Jack: "Em...am not at liberty to say"
Teal'c: "We should allow, O'Neill to rest" Jack: "Yeah, good idea Teal'c"
Daniel: "Yeah, well, he might have save your butt this time. But we'll be back" Jack: "I count on it, Daniel"

Daniel leaves, follow by Teal'c. Sam was still sat next to him, on the chair.

Jack: "Hey, thanks for sticking with me" Sam: "Ah, I would have done it for anyone" Jack: "Yeah, well, am glad you did. And thanks for sticking up for me, when he was calling me coward and that" Sam: "I better let you get some rest" She stands up and turns to walk off. "Sir?" Jack: "Yeah"
Sam: "Am sorry, that you had go though that"

Jack grabs her hand, he rubs his thumb across her hand. She looks at him, and smiles.

Sam: "Glad to have you back, sir"
Jack: "Yeah, and its nice to be back"

She squeeze his hand and walk off. He watch her leave. 'One day, I promise I'll take her home with me'. He settles himself down, into a comfortable position and drifted to sleep.

The End

If you enjoyed this story,please send feedback to Katmellie