Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Coming Out

by Katmellie
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Coming Out

Coming Out

by Katmellie

Title: Coming Out
Author: Katmellie
Email: katmellie@AOL.com
Category: none
Season: any Season
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Summary: Someone's been messing with Sam's invention, Jack recovering from his injuries and Sam and Jack finally.
Sequel to: Bar'tact, House Warming and He's Back
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Stargate SG-1

Coming Out:

Sam was in no mood to be mess with today, she been working on a new invention and it had just blown up in her face. She couldn't believe it, she'd been told to stay on base and the rest of team, could do whatever they wanted. Sometimes she really hated being intelligent. But it also had its good points. Such as being intelligent for a start, getting whatever job she wanted and the money she gets.

She picks up a mug from the table, and joins the queue for coffee. She hadn't notice Daniel waving at her, until she heard someone shouting her. She look to their usual table, Daniel was stood waving, Jack had his back to her and Teal'c had a plate of sandwiches in front of him. She didn't know Jack had been released, from the infirmary. She nods her head, and turns to the lady behind the counter.

Sam: "Coffee, please"
Lady: "Yes, ma'am. Anything else?"
Sam: "No, thank you"

The lady pours the coffee into the mug, Sam hands her the money and took her mug. She sighs, looking at Daniel's face of hope. 'I'm going to regret this'. She slowly made her way to the table, and drops into the sit next to Jack. Daniel just sat there with a big grin on her face.

Jack: "Carter"
Sam: "Sir. How are things?"
Jack: "Well, still can't go off world. But at least I can get round the base, with my new wheels"

She hadn't notice he was in a wheelchair. He wheels himself backwards, so she could get a good look.

Daniel: "He's already tried running someone over this morning" Jack: "Look, how was I suppose to know, the Tok'ra were here?" Sam: "The Tok'ra's here?"
Daniel: "Yeah, they're talking to Hammond at the moment. Your dad's with them" Sam: "I thought he was on a mission"

Daniel shrugs, and takes sip of his coffee. Jack wheels himself backwards.

Jack: "Well, am going to try and take a shower, or a bath" Teal'c: "Do you need assistance, O'Neill?" Jack: "Er...I'll holler if I do and start calling the Gould's gods" Teal'c: "The Goulds are not gods"
Sam: "He's being sarcastic, Teal'c"

Jack wheels himself out of the commissary. Daniel gets up, and goes to the counter.

Sam: "So, Teal'c. Any news from your wife and kid, yet?" Teal'c: "Indeed. They are happy on the planet" Sam: "Good, am glad"

Daniel slips back into his seat. He takes the sugar from the middle of the table.

Daniel: "Have you notice a change in Jack?" Sam: "Huh?"
Daniel: "He seems...different. Like he's more happier, and more one with himself" Teal'c: "I have notice a changed in him, as well" Sam: "I haven't. But haven't seen a lot of anyone, because am stuck on base"

She takes a sip, of her coffee. It had cool down a bit, but it needs sugar. She took the sugar from Daniel.

Daniel: "He's been spending a lot time with Janet. She took him home the other day, so I've heard" Teal'c: "They were eating their meals together, two days ago"

Sam drops the sugar onto the table, some of the sugar spilt onto the table.

Sam: "It's none of business, if he's seeing her or not" Daniel: "Okay, I'll take that as change the subject. How's your arm?" Sam: "Find, I've got exercises I have to do everyday" Teal'c: "My leg is mended. Thanks to my symbiotic" Daniel: "Well, some us like to heal in are own ways"

Teal'c nods his head, and eats the rest of his sandwiches.

Sam: "Teal'c, how can you eat them?"
Teal'c: "I just put them in my mouth, Major Carter, and chew them, so I can eventually digest them in my stomach" Daniel: "I think she means, how can you stand the taste?" Teal'c: "I like the taste"
Sam: "Daniel, I think this is one of those conversations, that shouldn't have happen" Daniel: "Well, I've got to go get ready, for my trip with SG-5" Sam: "Lucky for some. I've got to work on base, until the Colonel's back on his feet"

Daniel smiles, and leaves the commissary. Teal'c finishes his sandwiches and soon follows Daniel, out of the commissary. Sam's left sitting there, trying to work out, what went wrong with her invention.

Jack had been dying to have a shower, but decided a bath would be easier. He could just sit there, and wash himself. Instead of having to hold himself up, he could just sit there. He hated having a bath, if an intruder came in, he wouldn't have time to do anything. He took the sponge, and covers it in soap. He started washing his legs, taking it easy on the area where he'd been shoot. `Just some more scars, to impress the girls. But not the girl, I want to impress. She's got scars of her own, and some are more worse than mind'. He wished she were here right now, rubbing his back and laughing with him. He used to have baths with Sara, but that was then and this now. He wanted to wash her, to touch her skin with out hesitation. A locker door, being slammed shut, broke his train of thought. He look over to see, Major Ferretti, he relax his muscles and carries washing himself. Ferretti sits down in Jack's wheel chair.

Ferretti: "So, what have we been getting are selves into, sir?" Jack: "Oh, just the usual. Getting taken over by aliens, threatening to destroy earth and being shot" Ferretti: "How come that never happens to my team? How come your team gets to have all the fun?" Jack: "I wouldn't call it fun. Your welcome to it if you want it" Ferretti: "No, no. Your alright"
Jack: "You sure?"
Ferretti: "I'm sure. I'm happy with what I've got"

Jack smiles and throws the sponge onto the floor. He tries pushing himself out of the bath, but his arm gives way and he falls back into the bath.

Jack: "Give us a hand, will ya"
Ferretti: "Sure"

Ferretti places a towel, on the seat of the wheel chair and then helps Jack out of the bath. Jack rests on the side of the bath, and wraps a towel around his waist. Ferretti supports Jack as he gets into the wheel chair. Jack always hated admitting he needed help, but Ferretti was a friend and a good one at that. Jack rubs his hair, and it all spikes up as usual. Jack wheels himself to the door.

Ferretti: "Aren't you going to get dress first?" Jack: "Am going to that in my quarters. There only down the corridor" Ferretti: "Yeah, you just want to flash to the female personnel" Jack: "Nah, already did that"

Jack laughs, and wheels out of the locker room. He gets half way down the corridor, and he already has three female personnel walking towards him. He nods his head; they all giggle and start acting like teenagers. Jack shakes his head, opens the door to his quarters and goes in. He shuts the door.

Sam was seating in the briefing room, waiting for the Tok'ra meeting to finish. She hadn't seen her dad in months. He'd always been on a mission or important business he had to take care of. She was starting to get fed up of important business, that important business had lost her a lot of friends and hurt her friends. She had almost lost her special person, once this month and didn't need to lose anyone else.

The door opens and General Hammond steps out. He turns to the others leaving his office. Jacob is last to leave.

Hammond: "Am sure, we could come to some arrangement" Anise: "I am sure we will. We will go back to are base and tell the counsel about arrangement" Hammond: "Good, I'll tell the rest of my people" The others go down the stairs, leaving Jacob and Hammond talking. "Are you going to stay for a while, Jacob?" Sam: "Dad?"

They both jump round and looked startle.

Jacob: "What have I told you about seeking up on someone?" Sam: "Keep as low as possible, and as quiet" Jacob: "At least, you were listening"
Hammond: "So, Jacob, are you staying?"
Jacob: "I have a mission to go on, in a couple of days" Sam looks down at the tabletop. "But I can always leave from here"

Sam jumps out of seat, and gives her dad a hug.

Hammond: "I'll sort you some quarters out for you"

Hammond goes back into his office

Sam: "How long you staying for?"
Jacob: "Three days and then I have to go on a mission"

The door opens and Jack comes in.

Jack: "Hey dad. What's up?"
Jacob: "Not a lot. Like the new wheels thou" Jack: "Not bad are they. Just one thing wrong with them" Sam: "What's that?"
Jack: "It doesn't go very fast"

They all laugh; Jacob kisses Sam on the cheek.

Jacob: "I'm going to see the others off, I'll meet you in the commissary later" Sam: "Yeah, 1800"

Jacob nods his head, goes down the stairs. Jack wheels himself to the window. Down below, the Stargate opens, casting a blue glow over the room.

Jack: "You know, it amazes me"
Sam: "What does?"
Jack: "The Stargate"
Sam: "Why?"
Jack: "Well, that one piece of technology, which was made for travelling, can be so destruction, but can also bring so many people together"

She looks at him, and then backs at the Stargate.

Sam: "Okay, where's the real Colonel O'Neill?" Jack: "Very funny"

Hammond comes out of his office.

Hammond: "Ah, Jack. Good, I need to speak with you, about you Washington trip. I want you to go to the airport, and pick it up" Jack: "And how am I getting there? I don't think I have the effort to get there in this" Hammond: "An airman is waiting top side, in a car"

Jack nods his head, and leaves. He gives Sam a brief smile, before he left.

Hammond: "You know, that man is very talented. He can always get into trouble, and then comes out of it laughing and joking" Sam: "Yeah, while everyone else worries for him"

Hammond looks at her, she gives him a brief smile and leaves.

Daniel's sat in his lab, with Teal'c opposite him. Teal'c was finishing off the dictionary, he been making for him. Daniel sighs and drops his pen onto the desk. He been worrying about Sam, she been blaming herself for what had happen to Jack. But if it weren't for her, he probably is here. Daniel looks up at Teal'c; he was watching him, with both his eyebrows raise.

Teal'c: "You look uncomfortable, Daniel Jackson" Daniel: "It's Sam and Jack, them two are diving me nuts" Teal'c: "How so?"
Daniel: "Well, remember are conversation, with Jack this morning?" Teal'c nods, so Daniel carries on. "Well, I know who he fancies" Teal'c: "How do you know that?"
Daniel: "Haven't you notice the way he acts around Sam?" Sam: "How who acts around me?"

Daniel nearly fell off his chair, and he turns round. He held onto the table, for support.

Daniel: "Em...that airman you shouted at the other day. He won't step foot in the gate room now, when your there" Sam: "Well, he shouldn't laugh at the Colonel then, should he?" Daniel: "Yeah. Anyway, what brings you to my cell, in the dungeon?" Sam: "You know, you've been hanging around the Colonel to long" Daniel: "Yeah, 4 years is a long time"
Sam: "I came down here, because of him. You know, you said `He's changed" Daniel: "Yeah"
Sam: "You should have heard him in the briefing room" Teal'c: "What did he say?"
Sam: "He said" She clears her throat, and tries to do an impression of Jack. "That one piece of technology, which was made for travelling, can be so destruction, but can also bring so many people together" Daniel: "I think this new experience, has rub off on him" Teal'c: "He has shown a new insight, into things" Sam: "Yeah, well, as long as he doesn't start hanging around my lab, messing with my equipment. Oh, I worked out way my new invention blew up" Daniel: "Why?"
Sam: "Someone had stuck chewing chum in the circuit boards" Teal'c: "Why would someone do that?"
Daniel: "I'm sure it was an accident"
Sam: "Yeah, and it was amazing how it was the Colonel's brand"

Daniel grins and shakes his head. Sam frowns and looks at Teal'c. Teal'c just shrugs his shoulder.

Sam: "What?"
Daniel: "Nothing"

She grabs his ear, and twists it.

Daniel: "Okay, okay" She lets go of his ear, and drops onto a stool. "It just Jack said something like that, the other month" Sam: "Huh?"
Daniel: "He found a cookie packet in one of his files. He thought it was me, but then I pointed out, that you ate that brand of cookie's" Sam: "I wondered where that went"

She laughs and taps him on the shoulder.

Sam: "Well, better get back to fixing my invention"

She walks towards the door.

Daniel: "What you going to do, about the chewing incident?" Sam: "I'll teach him never to do it again" Teal'c: "How do to plan on accomplishing that, Major Carter?" Sam: "You'll see"

Her grin is an evil grin as she leaves them. They look at each other and shake their head.

Jack waited patiently for the elevator door to open; he had the envelope wedge between his legs. He really didn't want to be on base, but it was easier to get round the base than his home. The doors sprang open, and he was away. He moved into action, he skidded round the corner and nearly hit another airman.

Jack: "Sorry"

He entered the briefing room; Jacob was sat on the table. Looking at the Stargate.

Jack: "Hey, Jacob. What's up?"
Jacob: "Not a lot"

Jack looked into Hammond's office; he was sat talking on the phone. He knocks on the window, to draw Hammond attention. Hammond look up, Jack wave the envelop in front of the window. Hammond nodded. Jack turns his attention back to Jacob.

Jack: "So, how's it been?"
Jacob: "Nice try, Jack"
Jack: "Not going to tell anything, are you?" Jacob: "Nope"

Jacob looks at his watch, and jumps off the table.

Jacob: "Well, am going to meet Sam in the commissary, for lunch" Jack: "Oh, might join you. If that's alright?" Jacob: "Sure"

Jacob leaves, and Hammond comes in.

Hammond: "Any problems?"
Jack: "No, sir. Just the airman got lost, a few times" Hammond: "Oh, sorry about that"
Jack: "Ar, don't worry about it. Here you go" He hands the envelop to Hammond. "Is it anything important?" Hammond: "It might be for someone"
Jack: "Okay, well, I'll leave you too it"

He backs off towards the door.

Hammond: "Jack, try not to run anymore people over" Jack: "Look, it's not my fault they appear out of no where"

Hammond smiles and goes back into his office.

Jack entered the commissary, in search of Sam and her dad. He spotted them at the back of the commissary. He joins the queue, keeping an eye on Sam. He notices Jacob taps her on the arm, she goes to turn but he stops her. He must have notice he was watching, so concentrates on the food in front of him. He felt someone tap him on the arm, he looks round to see Janet. She smiles at him.

Janet: "Hey, sir"
Jack: "Doc how's things in the infirmary?" Janet: "Quiet. Are you eating with someone? I thought you might want to talk some more, we didn't really get far with Sam's favourite ice creams, did we?" Jack: "No, we didn't. Em...what you having?" Janet: "Em...an apple and a bottle of water" Jack: "Give them to me, and go get a table"

She gives him the apple and bottle, and sits down at a table far away from listening ears. He pays for their snacks, and joins her at the table.

Sam looks round to see Jack and Janet talking. So what Daniel was saying was true. She felt so stupid, she just wanted to walk out of there but couldn't because of her dad. Jacob was waving his hand in front of her face.

Jacob: "Hello, Earth to Sam. Were having technical problems communicating" Sam: "Very funny"

He smiles at her, and takes a bite of his sandwich. He starts moaning.

Jacob: "Nothing can beat earth food"

Sam wanted to smile, but she was still thinking about Jack and Janet. `Guess, he does break his promises. And Janet calls herself a friend'.

Jacob: "Why don't you go and join them?" Sam: "Huh?"
Jacob: "Well, ever since jack walk in, you've been somewhere else" Sam: "Sorry. Now, what's this mission your going on?" Jacob: "You know I can't tell you"
Sam: "Well, Mark's been asking after you. He wants to know if your coming to grand kid's birthday this year" Jacob: "I'll see what I can do?"

Sam shakes her head; she takes sip of her coffee and places back on table. Jacob wipes his hands, as he finishes sandwich and wipes crumbs off the table. Sam takes a quick look at Jack and Janet. Janet hit Jack on the shoulder, they were laughing. Maybe this would be better, he could at least be happy. She wasn't really under his command. She felt someone tug on her arm. She turns to see her dad.

Jacob: "You alright? You don't look it" Sam: "Pay back going to a bitch for him" Jacob: "For who?"
Sam: "Never mind. I'll see you later"
Jacob: "Okay"

Sam got up and left, with out looking back at Jacob.

Janet watched, Sam leave the commissary, she looked hurt and angry. She looks back at Jack; he was watching Sam as well.

Janet: "I think she thinks there something going on" Jack: "What do you mean?"
Janet: "Between us"
Jack: "There isn't anything between us" Janet: "Well, we have been spending a lot of time, since Bar'tact. Maybe she's jealous?" Jack: "Sam? Jealous?"

He backs away from table and turns towards the door.

Jack: "Janet, I'm going round this the wrong way. It's time to find out from the horses mouth"

Janet smiles.

Janet: "Good luck"

He gives her a quick smile, and leaves in pursuit of Sam.

Daniel sat listening, to Sam babble on. He knew she been keeping something bottle up, but not this much. She was sat on one of the stools in his lab, crying on odd occasion. He hadn't seen her cry before, and it wasn't pleasant sight.

Sam: "And then, they sit there in the commissary, laughing and joking. Knowing that I was watching" Daniel: "Sam, we don't know if there's anything going on between them. All we know is that they've been hanging out together. I mean, we hang out together" Sam: "This is different"
Daniel: "How is this different?"
Sam: "It's complicated"
Daniel: "Look, I don't know what going on. But I'm going to guess, it has something to do with your feelings for Jack?" Sam: "I'm not in love with him. He's an asshole, a down right bastard..." Jack: "Hey, if you're going to insult someone, do it to their face"

Sam wipes her eyes; she turns to the desk and starts flicking through a book. Daniel watches as Jack comes in, he puts the brakes on and slowly pushes himself out of the chair.

Jack: "Daniel, give me a stool"

Daniel quickly grabs him a stool, and supports him as he sits down.

Jack: "Right. Daniel, get out of here"
Daniel: "Huh?"
Jack: "I said, get out"
Daniel: "This is my office..."

Daniel caught the look Jack was giving him, it was 'Don't question me and get out' look, that Jack saved for special occasions. Daniel collects some of his files off his desk, and leaves without another word.

Sam couldn't believe it; he'd just kick Daniel out of his own office. What gave him the right, to do that? She heard him clear his throat.

Jack: "Come on then, tell me what you think of me?" Sam: "You're an asshole"
Jack: "Oh, come on. You can do better than that" Sam: "Okay, you're a pompous old fart"
Jack: "I think my ex-wife called me that"

Sam couldn't believe it, was he toying with her.

Sam: "You're a..."
Jack: "Idiot"
Sam: "No, you're a completely and utterly..." Jack: "In love with you"

Sam was god smack, did he just say, what she thought he said.

Jack: "I'm in love with you, Sam. You can called me, all the names in the universe and it won't change it" Sam: "You what?"
Jack: "Look, I'm not using technical words like you. But I LOVE you"

She felt like shouting at him, but she couldn't. She also wanted to hug him, and hold him. She didn't know what to do. She had to get out of there, now. She jumps off her stool and ran out of there.

Jack looks at the wheelchair; he couldn't be bothered with it. He slowly got up, and limps out of Daniel's office. He headed in the direction of the elevator. His leg was starting to complain, for having some weight put on it. But he just ignore it, he was going to punish himself. He had just made an ass of himself. He shouldn't have, put her in this position she`s in now.

Jack: "You're an idiot"
Airman: "Sir?"
Jack: "Not you"

The airman nods his head, and carries on don't the corridor. Jack shakes his head, and carries on limping to the elevator. His goal was in sight, the elevator doors open and Teal'c steps out. Jack didn't want to speak to anyone.

Teal'c: "O'Neill"
Jack: "Not now, Teal'c"

Teal'c bows his head, and carries on to where ever he was going. Jack was starting to become tired. He felt something run down his leg. He look down, and saw reminisce of blood on his pants. He stops and leans on the wall. He slowly slips down the wall, onto the floor.

Jacob: "Jack? What you doing on the floor?" Jack: "Em...nothing"

Jacob crouches down next him; he notices the blood stain on his pants.

Jacob: "That isn't nothing. Come on, where's your wheels?" Jack: "There in Daniel's office"

Jacob quickly returns with Jack's wheelchair, and helps him into it.

Janet heard the infirmary door open; she was on her feet in a second. She came out of her office; she was surprise to see him in the infirmary. Jack's head was slump forward; he looked as if he was asleep. Jacob brought her attention.

Jacob: "I found him on the floor, his leg is bleeding. It looks as if he's pulled his wound apart, and well, it's bleeding"

She nodded her head, and moves to stand in front of Jack. His whole leg was soak in blood. She pulls his wheelchair to the nearest bed.

Janet: "General, can you help me get him on the bed?" Jacob: "Sure"

He lifts him up, out of the chair and places him on the bed. She put some surgical clothes on. She picks up the surgical scissors, and cuts his pants off. She reveal his leg, it was covered in blood. It was just as Jacob had said, the stitches were ripped out of one side of the wound and the wound was much bigger now.

Janet: "He's going to need a blood transfusion"

She grabs the phone off the wall.

Janet: "Blood bank. I need B positive now, two units should do it"

She puts it back on the wall.

Jacob: "Do you need any help?"
Janet: "Sure, could you pass me the alcohol wipes from that table?"

Jacob quickly grabs them, and hands them to Janet. She opens the packet, hands him some gloves and a wipe.

Janet: "We need to clean all the blood from around the wound"

Between both of them, it didn't take long, to clean Jack's wound. A nurse runs in carrying the packets of blood.

Nurse: "Here's the blood you requested" Janet: "Give them to me"
She hands them over, and the nurse quickly departs. Janet connects one end to the line; she searches for a vein on Jack's arm. She couldn't find on.

Janet: "What level were you on?"
Jacob: "Level 27"
Janet: "He's lost a lot of blood, in a small amount of time" Jacob: "Is that good?"
Janet: "What was he doing?"
Jacob: "He was sat on the floor, he wasn't in his wheelchair" Janet: "I told him to stay in his wheel chair"

She finally found one, and stuck the needle in. She sighs and leans on the bed.

Janet: "Right, now let's sew him up again"

She carefully stitches his leg.

Jacob: "Well, he's going to have a very impressive scar to show the girls" Janet: "Yeah, well, the one girl he wants to impressed, has nearly more impressive scars than him" Jacob: "Huh? Are you trying to tell me something?" Janet: "No"

Jacob looks at her, he peals the gloves off his hands and then it hits him.

Jacob: "It's Sam, isn't it?"

She smiles.

Janet: "I didn't say anything"

Jack's hand moves slightly.

Janet: "I would step back"

Janet steps back, away from the bed.

Jacob: "Why?"

Jack sits up, and throws his arms up. He caught Jacob right on the chin. Jacob gets knocks back, against the wall behind him.

Janet: "That's why. He always hits someone" Jack: "Where am I?"
Janet: "Sir, your in the infirmary"
Jack: "Oh, right"

He sits back down, and goes back to sleep. Jacob steps forward, rubbing his chin.

Jacob: "Is he safe, to be around?"
Janet: "Yeah, until he properly wakes up"

Daniel bursts into the room; he looks as red as a beetroot. He took a deep breath, and slowly approach the bed.

Daniel: "Is he alright?"
Janet: "Yeah, he'd reopen his wound and made it bigger" Daniel: "Stupid idiot"
Jack: "Am not a stupid idiot. I'm a complete and utter moron" Daniel: "Well, that's one way of putting it" Janet: "Colonel, you have to use your wheelchair. I told you, you couldn't walk on that leg for another two weeks. If you don't watch it, I'll keep you confine to the infirmary" Jack: "Okay, doc"

Daniel sits down next to him, on the bed. Jack looks down, and then at Daniel.

Jack: "Could you go to my locker, and get me some pants?" Daniel: "Sure. I'll be back in a minute"

Daniel leaves the infirmary.

Daniel opens the door to the locker room. He crosses the room, to Jack's locker door. He opens it, he hadn't seen inside Jack's locker. He has pictures of Charlie posted on the door, and pictures of the team. One picture, caught his attention, it was Sam. It had been taken, while they were off world. Sam was smiling, while holding Jack in a headlock. He remembers that day, that was a good day for them. No Gould, no injuries accept for Jack pride and lots of cool artefacts. He grabs a pair of pants and slams the door shut. He stopped, he heard someone crying. It sounded like Sam. He slowly steps into the shower area. He could see her, sitting on the floor, with her head in her hands.

Daniel: "Sam? What's wrong?"

She looks up her eyes, were bloodshot. Daniel knelt down in front of her. He places reassuring hand, on her knee.

Sam: "He told me, he loves me and I ran away" Daniel: "Who? Jack?"

She nods her head, and rubs at her eyes. Daniel: "He's in the infirmary, he reopen his wound on his leg" He stops as she looks up, she look like she was about to jump into action. "He's alright, he just needs a blood transfusion and he'll be fine" Sam: "I need to see him"
Daniel: "I wouldn't go in your state. I know, tell me where you want him, to meet you and I'll tell him" Sam: "I don't know, Daniel"
Daniel: "Sam, it looks like you both need to do some talking. Right?" Sam: "Yeah, I guess"
Daniel: "Right. Now where do you want him to meet you?" Sam: "Em...tell him, to come...to my house"

Daniel nods his head; he pads her on the leg and goes towards the door.

Sam: "Daniel"
Daniel: "Yeah?"
Sam: "Thanks"

He nods his head, and leaves.

Daniel was on a mission, he was helping his friends and it was about time, that them two got themselves sorted. He enters the infirmary, to find Hammond talking to Janet and Jack sat on the edge of the bed. Daniel sat down beside him, and handed him his pants.

Daniel: "Do you need a hand?"
Jack: "Nah, I've got this bit master"

Jack slip his legs into the pants, pulled them up to his thigh and in one movement, they were round his waist. Daniel shook his head, and smiles.

Daniel: "Been shoot in the leg a lot have we?" Jack: "Mostly broken"
Daniel: "Hey, Jack. Em...Thera wants you to go over her house. As soon as your finish here" Jack: "Who? Terry?"
Daniel: "No, Thera"
Jack: "Thera? Thera? Sam!"

Hammond and Janet look over at them, Jack smiles at them.

Jack: "Samantha Mumba is too thin for me" Daniel: "Yeah, so what's your type then?"

Daniel was going to have fun here, they had the attention of the whole room and Jack couldn't get out of this one. Jack: "Em...she would have to be blonde, 5ft 8", blue eyes and able to kick ass"

Jack smile nearly rips his face apart, Janet was grinning and Hammond just frown.

Jack: "Janet, can I go?"
Janet: "As long as you stay in that wheelchair" Daniel: "I'll make sure he does"

Jack drops down into the wheelchair.

Jack: "Daniel, elevator. Warp 7. Engage"

Daniel shakes his head, and pushes him out of the infirmary.

Hammond: "I don't care, what the psychologist said. He's nuts" Janet: "Yeah, but would you want him, any other way" Hammond: "No, because that what makes him, a damn fine officer and one of the best the air force has"

Janet pats him on the shoulder, and goes into her office.

They pulled up in front of Sam's house; the lights were on in the living room and in the master bedroom. Jack sighed, and Daniel got the wheelchair out of the trunk. He unfolded it, and opens the door for him. Jack quickly shifted himself into the seat. Daniel closes the door, and push Jack up the drive.

Jack: "Hey Danny boy. You can go now, I can wheel myself up there" Daniel: "Are you sure?"
Jack: "Yeah, you're ruining my style anyway" Daniel: "Okay, but if you need a ride home. I'm only a phone called away" Jack: "Yeah, okay. Thanks Danny"
Daniel: "Ah, it was nothing"

Jack made his way up the drive, leaving Daniel by himself. Daniel got in his car, and started the engine. Jack reach the door, and knock it. Daniel thought it was great, but they both were pains in the ass sometimes. He slowly drove away, as Sam answer the door.

Sam slowly open the front door, she saw he sat there in the wheelchair. He looks up at her, those dark eyes, were in chanting.

Sam: "Hey, Jack"
Jack: "Hey"
Sam: "Come in"

He turns round and backs up into the house. Sam gives him a pull, and the back wheels go straight on in.

Jack: "Thanks"

He wheels off into the living room; Sam closes the door and takes a deep breath. She slowly goes into the living room, Jack position himself to face her as she enter.

Jack: "So, you wanted to talk to me"
Sam: "About early"
Jack: "I know, I shouldn't have done it" Sam: "No, am glad you did. I thought you didn't want me anymore" Jack: "Why? Because I was spending time with Doc?" Sam: "Well, yeah"
Jack: "I was spending time with her, because you two are good friends. I wanted to know some things about you" Sam: "Like what?"
Jack: "Like...what ice cream you like, what's your favourite food. That sort of thing" Sam: "Oh, right"
Jack: "Sounds coy, doesn't it?"
Sam: "No, no" She could see, he was starting to feel uncomfortable. "Em...do you want a beer?" Jack: "Yeah, sure"

She nods her head, and goes into the kitchen. She opens the fridge, and takes two beers out. She places them on the counter, and takes a deep breath. She picks the beers up, and goes back into the living room.

Sam: "Here you go"

She offers him a beer, and he takes the beer. He twists the top off, and takes a long swig out of it.

Jack: "Thanks"

Sam opens hers, and takes a sip. She drops into her crouch.

Sam: "So, then. What's my favourite ice cream?" Jack: "Chocolate chip with toffee, and according Janet they don`t make it anymore" Sam: "No, they don't. It was a limited time thing" Jack: "Right"

They both fell into silence, Jack didn't know what to say and neither did Sam. Jack wanted to kiss her, but he knew it wouldn't happen.

Sam: "How's your wound?"
Jack: "Oh, it's alright. Shouldn't walk on it thou" Sam: "Jack, I've been a fool. I shouldn't have ran out of Daniel's office, but I was piss off and didn't know say" Jack: "Hey" She looks up at him. "You don't think am scare. Well, I'll tell ya, I'm scare shit less that your going to tell me one day, that your gonna leave" Sam: "Why would I leave? My life is the SGC" Jack: "Yeah, I know"
Sam: "Well, you scare me to death the other week"

Jack starts playing with his label, on the bottle. Sam could tell, he was trying, to tell her something.

Sam: "What is it?"
Jack: "I'm I that easy to read"
Sam: "Not to the un train eye"

He moves closure to her.

Jack: "I just want to say, that if you ever want to take this further. I'll be there in a heart beat"

She leans forward, and rests her hand on his own.

Sam: "Good"

They smile at each other; Jack's grabs her hand and pulls her towards him.

Sam: "What you doing?"
Jack: "Well, I was gonna kiss ya. But if you..."

She moves forward on the sit, their mouths so close together.

Sam: " I didn't say no"

She wraps her arms round his neck, and pulls him towards her. They gently kiss at first. Jack cups her face, with his hands. He leans forward into her, the wheelchair tips, and they both end up on the crouch. Jack's pinning Sam, they're both laughing. Jack rolls off her, and sits probably on the crouch. Sam leans on his chest.

Sam: "So, I guess upstairs, is out of the question" Jack: "Why? What's upstairs?"

She gives him a playful shove. He grabs her arm, and pulls her towards him. He kisses her gently, and releases her.

Jack: "Are you sure, you want this?"
Sam: "Yeah"
Jack: "Better watch it, I might croak out on you one night" Sam: "Oh, yeah. Like hell I'm going to let you do that"

He grins; he picks up his bottle and finishes it off.

Jack: "I better be getting back to base. Hammond wants to brief me on something in the morning" Sam: "I'll drive you back, if you want?" Jack: "Nah, I'll call Daniel. He offered, so I'll take him up on it"

Sam gives him the phone. He dialled Daniel's mobile, and waited for him to answer.

Daniel: "Daniel Jackson"
Jack: "Come get me, space monkey"
Daniel: "I'm outside"
Jack: "Are you spying on us?"

Sam looks at him, he waves her away and she shakes her head.

Daniel: "No, I just know you two. Probably said what you had to say, and now you need a rescue" Jack: "Yeah, Daniel. She doesn't want to know, we've decided to keep it business only" Daniel: "Am sorry"
Jack: "I'll be out in a minute"

He puts the phone down, and smiles. Sam looks at him frowning.

Sam: "What was that? Were keeping it business?" Jack: "Ah, he'll work it out on his own, and then he'll be mad. But then we can have some fun with it" Sam: "Okay, you still have a sick sense of humour" Jack: "Has he spoken to you about, `he's changed thing' yet?" Sam: "Your widening him up, aren't you?"

Jack nods his head; he climbs back into his chair.

Jack: I'll see you tomorrow"
Sam: "Yeah, meet me in the commissary"
Jack: "0900hrs"
Sam: "Sure"

She kisses him on the cheek, and pushes him towards the door. She opens the door, and pushes him out the doorway. She lets him make his own way down the drive. She notices Daniel waving at her. She gives him a brief smile and closes the door.

The End

If you enjoyed this story,please send feedback to Katmellie