Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Chat Rooms

by Katmellie
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chat Rooms

Chat Rooms

by Katmellie

Title: Chat Rooms
Author: Katmellie
Email: Katmellie@AOL.com
Category: none
Season: any Season
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Summary: I started this, and then realise near the end, it was abit like the film 'You've got mail'. It's good, Read it. Please.
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Sam was sat at her computer; usually she would be deleting all the junk mail from her mail box, but this morning was a little different. She was exploring the chat rooms; someone had setup on the base's computer network. She'd been sat reading the conversations that were going on in the room. Some of the conversations were a little outrageous. One conversation was about the relationship, between Daniel and Janet. But as Sam was a close friend, she knew that there was nothing going on, unless she had been left out of the loop, which was impossible. She notices someone had joined the chat room, 'Colonel Cynic'. She giggles at the name, wondering who on earth, would call them selves that? She double clicks on the name, to bring up the profile of the person.

Screen Name: Colonel Cynic
Age: Now that would be telling:)
Interests: Whooping Gould ass as much as possible Computer station: Not at liberty to say

She was little curious now, she hardly knew anything about him, but he sounded a peeling to her. The most a peeling thing about him, was he was a mystery. She enters the room, choosing her name wisely earlier. 'Smart Arse', it took her half an hour to think of it, and it was the only thing she was happy with. She clicks on Colonel Cynic, inviting him to a private chat room. While the message was sending, she made a private chat room for them. Putting final touches to it, he'd sent a message back.

Colonel Cynic: Hi there. I'd loved to come in your chat room. Where? Smart Arse: Go to room, Area 51
Colonel Cynic: Oh, and that's very original

She couldn't help but smile, at his comment. He was right thou, she could at least think of something better than that. She sighs, coming out the chat room, and going into her private room. She was amazed, that he was already there.

Colonel Cynic: You took your time?
Smart Arse: Woman's prerogative
Colonel Cynic: What's up with that anyway, why can't a woman, be....more like a man? Always be ready, when they say they will and be places on time Smart Arse: Some women need time to get ready, but I can be ready in a matter of minutes. I grew up in the military family, so there was always a scheduled to stick to. Colonel Cynic: Well, I hope one day, more women are like you. I have to go anyway, stuff to do and that. Chat with you tomorrow? 0730hrs? Smart Arse: Sure

She couldn't believe she had agreed, but there was still the mystery surrounding him. So he was a Colonel, there was about nine Colonel's on base. Well, she could exclude her Colonel; he hated computers and told anyone who would listen. She saves the chat room, to her favourites. She looks at her watch; she had to be at the briefing in 10 minutes. She quickly sets her computer into shut down, grabbing her files off the side of her desk and running off down the corridor, towards the briefing room.

Jack enters the briefing room, to find Daniel and Teal'c, already seated in their seats. He smiles at them, pulling his seat out and dropping into it. He looks at his watch, it just turn 0759. Carter had a minute to get to the briefing, but knowing her she would just come through the door, right about...now. She comes running in, clutching her files close to her chest. She stops in front of the doorway, taking a deep breathe and then walking calmly into the room. He glances at her, smiling at her as she passes him, to go to her seat next to him. She drops her files on to the table, pulling her seat out and slowly lowers herself, into the seat. Jack hears the door behind him open. He turns his head, to see Hammond walk into the room. He stands up, but Hammond just nods his head, taking his seat at the head of the table. Jack pulls his seat closure to the table, sinking back into his seat, getting comfortable for the torture Daniel was about to deal out.

Hammond: "Good morning people. Dr Jackson, would you like to begin?"

Daniel looks down at his files, frowning as he slowly stands up, removing his glasses. He taps them off the table, nodding his head; he puts his glasses back on. He picks one of the files up, making his way to the monitor that had been set up. He looks round for the remote, checking his pockets as he spins round in a circle. Jack looks across at the mess, that had been in front of Daniel, he notices something black sticking out, from underneath the papers. He sighs, leaning across the table, pulling it out from underneath papers, to reveal it was the remote. He shakes his head, turning towards Daniel.

Jack: "Yo, Danny-boy. Catch"

He throws it towards him; Daniel catches it, nodding his head as a thank you. Jack sits back into his seat; he slowly turns back to the table. Teal'c was sat staring at him, Jack frowns at him and looks down at his shirt. It was clean, neat and presentable, what the hell was he staring at? Choosing to ignore him, he turns back to the monitor, which now had a kind of cartoon drawing on it. He couldn't quite make out, what it was meant to be. He turns his head to the side, trying to get a different perspective of it. He frowns at it, as it still doesn't make any sense to him. He turns his head, to the other side, but still it didn't make any sense. He could hear someone giggling behind him; he turns round to see Carter leaning on the table, covering her mouth with her hand. He leans over to her, pointing to the monitor, over his shoulder.

Jack: (whispers) "What is it, Carter?"
Hammond: "Maybe, if you two were actually listening, you would both know what Dr Jackson, was trying to explain" Hammond turns back to Daniel; he nods at him to continue. "Go on Dr Jackson, theses people celebrate what?" Daniel: "Erm...fertility, sir"

Jack looks at the picture once again, he sits back into his seat, and then the picture begins to stand out. If he wanted to see people in that sort of position, he could just watch the blue movie; he had hidden in his wardrobe. He starts grinning to himself, lowering his head into his hands. He slowly parts his fingers, taking one last look at the picture, and then shutting his eyes. He turns towards the table, folding his arms onto the table, and resting his head on them. He looks up, to see Daniel sitting back down, in his seat. He quickly glances at the monitor; the picture had been removed, thank god.

Hammond: "That was very...informative, Dr Jackson. Major, do you have anything to add?" Sam: "No, just the usual, sir. Earth like atmosphere, plant life seems to be flourishing there" Jack: "So, lots of trees, then?"
Sam: "You could say that, sir"

He throws his hands up into the air, turning to Hammond on his chair, and leaning towards him. Hammond frowns at him, leaning back into his chair.

Jack: "Sir, I'm asking you a little favour. Please send us to planets, where there are no trees? I'm begging you, please no more trees" Hammond: "Well, that'll mean I would have to send you, to all the sandy planets then, Colonel"

Jack looks at him, then at he table top and then at his team mates. He weighs up the pro's and con's, as turns back to face Hammond.

Jack: "I could deal with that, sir"
Sam: "I'm not spending all my time, on sandy planets. If that's all SG-1's going to be doing, then I want a transfer to another team. I've had enough of having a shower, and having to get all that sand out of my..."

She looks at them; they were all staring at her; she smiles at them, as she lowers her head onto the table. Hammond chuckles to himself, as he leans forward onto the table. He looks at them both, and then at Daniel and Teal'c. He shakes his head, as a smile starts to form on his lips.

Hammond: "Don't worry, Major. I'm not granting the Colonel's request. You'll leave at 0900hrs. Dismissed"

Sam leans forward onto the table, smiling to herself as she looks at them. Jack sits back against his seat, crossing his arms over his chest, and mumbling something no one quite understood. Hammond pushes himself away, from the table and stands up. Sam immediately jumps to her feet; Jack slowly stands up, unfolding his arms. Hammond nods at them, and returns back to his office, closing the door behind him. Jack drops back into his seat, leaning onto the table. Sam picks her files up, patting him on the back, as she passes him to the door. He smiles weakly at her, giving her a slight wave with his hand. She smiles to herself, as she leaves the room, into the corridor. Daniel gets up, collecting the files and pieces of paper together. Jack slowly stands up, heading towards the door, with Daniel and Teal'c in tow.

They gotten back really late, but Sam was ready, sat in front of her computer. She was waiting for 'Colonel Cynic' to arrive, in the chat room. She looks over her desk, noticing her cooling coffee next to the keyboard. She picks up her coffee mug; she slowly takes a sip from it and placing it back next to the keyboard. She couldn't understand why she felt a little nervous. She'd only spoken to him once, but she was still nervous. She looks at the screen, waiting for him to enter the room. It must true about the telephone thing, sitting at staring at a phone to ring, doesn't make it ring sooner. It must be the same for the chat rooms. She looks down that clock, in the corner of the screen. 0729 hrs, anytime now and he would enter. She looks at the ceiling, sighing as she looks back at the screen. She sits blot up right, as she notices he'd enter. She looks down at the keyboard, resting her hands on the keyboard, ready to start typing.

Colonel Cynic: Been waiting long?
Smart Arse: No, just got here my self. Colonel Cynic: I got back from off-world last night. I'm so tired, I feel like I'm going to collapsed, any given moment. Smart Arse: I'm the same, my team are properly still in bed. My Colonel's probably asleep on his desk, at this very moment. Colonel Cynic: I wouldn't blame him, I do that myself. Smart Arse: So, enough about him. What about you? Colonel Cynic: What do you mean?
Smart Arse: Well, what do you do, when you're away from the base? Colonel Cynic: Fishing, watching TV, and drinking beer. What about you? Smart Arse: Not a lot, I like working, so I don't have much of a social life. Colonel Cynic: My 2IC is just the same, she ought to go out one night. Have a girl's kind of night, you know what I mean? You should try it, go out with the girls one night and have some fun. Smart Arse: I might just do that.
Colonel Cynic: So, what team are you on? Smart Arse: Not saying, it would give me away. What about you? Colonel Cynic: If you won't tell me, I won't tell you either. Smart Arse: That's okay with me. I wonder if I've ever been off world with you. Colonel Cynic: Maybe, you've probably passed me in the commissary or something like that. Smart Arse: I better go; I've got reports to write and that sort of thing. Chat with you tomorrow? Same time? Colonel Cynic: Sure

She smiles to herself, as she exits the room, and closes the window, to reveal a blank word document. He was right; she ought to go out, with the girls one night. It'll probably do her some good; clear her mind of work and of that special guy. She leans onto her hands, wondering who Colonel Cynic could be. There were only eight people he could be; she couldn't really see her Colonel going into the base's chat rooms. She sighs; resting her hands on the keyboard and begins to type her report, of the planet they had visited.

Jack enters the commissary, covering his mouth with his hand, as he yawns for the tenth time this morning. He joins the queue for some coffee, the queue moves slowly forward, but soon he's in front of the counter. He places his mug on the counter, the lady smiles at him, pouring the hot, black liquid into his mug. He sticks his hand into his pocket, pulling out a hand full of chance. He hands her the money, picking up his coffee and heading over to a table. He notices Daniel sat at the back, reading the paper and eating a sandwich. Jack sighs, dropping into a sit in front of him. Daniel looks up, finishes off his sandwich, wiping around his mouth, as he pushes the plate away from him.

Daniel: "I'm sorry, about yesterday. If I had known, that they would try and..." Jack: "Daniel! Just forget it, it's in the past and that's where it should stay" Daniel: "Yeah, but if I'd had known, you and Sam wouldn't have been put in that position" Jack: "Daniel, I don't blame you. Anyway, being in that position, must have sorted my back problem. It feels find now" Daniel: "At least, you two still were cloth..." Jack: "Daniel, it's a new day, so let's..."

Daniel nods his head, folding his paper up and picking his plate up. Jack finishes off his coffee, following Daniel to the door. Daniel places his plate in a bowl, by the doorway. Jack leans round him, dropping his mug as well. Daniel looks at him, pointing at him and then nodding his head.

Daniel: "Jack, what you doing this weekend?" Jack: "Not a lot, why?"
Daniel: "Teal'c wants to go out for dinner tonight. I was wondering if you want to come" Jack: "Sure, why not? Are you going to ask Carter?" Daniel: "She'll just come up with an excuse"

Jack frowns at him, stepping out into the hallway and walking in the direction, of the elevators. Daniel takes his glasses off, cleaning them on the corner of his shirt, and then replacing them back on his nose.

Jack: "I'll ask her, she can't say no to me. Have any idea where she is?" Daniel: "Last time I saw her, she was heading towards the infirmary and she seem to be in a good mood, about something"

Jack looks at him, and then at the floor in front of him. They stop outside the elevator; Daniel presses the call button, for the elevator. The doors open and they both step inside.

Sam slowly opens Janet's office door, popping her head inside to see Janet immersed in paper work. Sam taps on the door frame bring Janet attention towards her. Janet looks up at her, she smiles and motions for her to take a seat. Sam nods her head, stepping inside and closing the door behind her. She quickly sits down in front of Janet's desk; Janet shuts the file up, and places it in her out-tray. Sam pulls her chair forward, and leans on the edge of the desk, resting her head on her hands.

Janet: "What can I do for you, Sam?"
Sam: "Nothing really, I was just wondering if the girls were going out, this weekend?" Janet: "Now, I know something up. What have you done with real Samantha Carter?" Sam: "Janet, I'm being serious. I think it time; I had a night out with just the girls"

Janet looks at her, not quite believing her friend. She shakes her head, rubbing her face with hands. Sam sits back in her seat, folding her arms in front of her chest. Janet folds her arms onto the table, looking at Sam and then down at the desk. Sighing to herself, she opens her desk draw, and brings her planner out. She opens it out, to the opposing week and flicks to that weekend. She smiles at it, and then looks up at Sam.

Janet: "There's a girls night out tonight, if you want to come?" Sam: "Where you going?"
Janet: "O'Mailley's"
Sam: "What time?"
Janet: "2000hrs"
Sam: "I'll meet you there"

Sam smiles at her, getting up out of her chair. Janet nods her head at her; Sam slowly backs away to the door. Janet picks another file up, opening it out onto the desk. Sam opens the door, looking back at Janet, nodding her head to herself as she leaves, and closes the door behind her.

Jack was bored, he'd finished his paperwork and there was nothing for him to do. It amazed him, how when he had paper work to do, he could always find things to amuse himself with, yet when he didn't have any, he couldn't find anything to do. He sighs, looking at the computer screen. He notices his email icon lit up, he moves the mouse over to it and clicks on it. A new window opens up, showing an email had been received from 'Smart Arse'. He smiles to himself, he didn't know anything about her, but she had a mystery about her. He clicks on it, opening another window which reveals the contents of the email.

From: Smart Arse
To: Colonel Cynic
Subject: Night Out

Well, it's all sorted. I'm going out with the girls tonight. Hopefully, I'll have a good time, if not; I'll lock myself up in my quarters. What are you doing this weekend? Is just me, or does this seem a little weird to you? I mean, we've only chatted twice, and it's like we've been chatting for ages. Anyway, got work to do and you probably do as well. Smart Arse

He smiles to himself; he couldn't believe she'd actually take his advice. Now, if he could only get Sam to do that. He clicks on reply, placing his hands on the keyboard ready to type his message.

From: Colonel Cynic
To: Smart Arse
Subject: Just Replying

I'm glad you took my advice, now if I could only get my own 2IC, to do the same thing. I'm going out with my team mates; hopefully I'll be able to get my 2IC, to come along. Fingers crossed:). If you don't have a good time, forget about it. You should come out with me, I'll show you a good time. I'll make you a deal, if you don't have a good time, I'll take you to the carnival, that's coming into town next week. But if you do, you have to buy the coffee, in the commissary. Chat tomorrow morning. Colonel Cynic

Happy with what he had written, he clicks on the send icon and closing window. He deletes her email, sitting back in his chair. Looking at the phone, it was sitting in the corner. He leans forward in his chair, grabbing the phone out of its cradle. He quickly dials up Sam's extension, placing the phone by his ear. She picks up after the third ring, she answers with something in the background blowing up.

Sam: "Major Carter"
Jack: "Carter"
Sam: "Sir, what can I do for you?"
Jack: "What was that?"
Sam: "Oh, just my new invention, nothing to worry about. What did you want, sir?" Jack: "Daniel, Teal'c and I are going out for dinner tonight. Wanna come?" Sam: "Can't, sir. Already got plans"
Jack: "Sitting in your lab, isn't plans, Carter"

He could hear her giggling, on the other end and something falling on the floor. He frowns at the wall, in front of him. On the other end, there was lots of swearing and then banging.

Jack: "Carter! What the hell, are you doing?" Sam: "It's alright, sir. My invention just decided to come back to life, but it soon regretted it. I can tell from the small pieces, over the floor"

He shakes his head, seating back into his seat. He looks at the computer screen, noticing a message. He quickly reads it, noticing it was from 'Smart Arse'.

Jack: "Well, I'll leave you to clear the mess up. See ya later, Carter. And don't spend all night in your lab, I don't want to come in and find you slump over the keyboard again" Sam: "Yes, sir. Have a good time with Daniel and Teal'c" Jack: "I will. Bye Carter"
Sam: "Bye sir"

He replaces the phone back in its cradle, quickly reading the message on the screen. 'Meet me in the chat room'. He smiles to himself, clicking on the shortcut to the chat room. She was already there.

Colonel Cynic: Get my email?
Smart Arse: Yeah, just now. I'll be holding you to that, you do realise? Colonel Cynic: And I'll be holding you to that coffee Smart Arse: So were agreed?
Colonel Cynic: Guess we are
Smart Arse: What you doing?
Colonel Cynic: Nothing. U?
Smart Arse: Tidying
Colonel Cynic: Don't worry, you not the only one. My 2IC is tidying as well Smart Arse: Someone's got to do it
Colonel Cynic: Well, you better get back to tidying, or you'll have the cleaners after you Smart Arse: Chat tomorrow?
Colonel Cynic: Sure

Jack smiles to himself, closing the window and setting the computer into shutdown. He gets out of his chair, picking up his wallet and keys off the side, and makes his way out the door, in the direction of the locker room.

Sam slowly enters O'Mailley's; the place had a few people in already, sat eating their meals and having a quiet drink. She looks round for a familiarly face, noticing the girls sat in a booth in a corner. She takes a deep breath, stepping down the steps and crosses the room, to them. As she gets nearer, she notices Janet making room for her. She smiles at them, as she sits down next to Janet. It looks as if, they'd already started the party without her, but she couldn't blame them. She was running a little late, especially as she had top tidy her lab up and cleans the work tops. Janet waves to the bartender, for another round of drinks.

Janet: "I thought you weren't coming, for awhile there" Sam: "Had to tidy my lab, one of inventions exploded" Sharon: "Janet, you haven't told her, the number one rule"

Sam looks at Sharon, frowning as she turns her attention towards Janet. Janet looks at Sharon, then suddenly her head shots round, to face Sam.

Janet: "Your not allow to talk, about work or anything work related" Sam: "I can deal with that. So, what were we talking about, before I arrived?" Jessie: "What we were going to eat? I'm starving"

Sam started grinning, taking the menu that had been offered to her. She opens it out, quickly looking down the list. She felt someone nudge her in the side, looking up to see Janet, leaning in front of her on the table.

Janet: "Don't look now, but the two more members of SG-1 just walk in"

Sam frowns at her, looking towards the doorway. There they stood Daniel and Teal'c, both of them looking very hansom. Daniel turns to someone, standing behind Teal'c and starts pointing towards a table near the pool table. Daniel quickly goes down the steps, heading towards the bar and pulling his wallet, out of his jacket pocket. Teal'c nods his head, slowly moving forward to reveal Jack. He was wearing his black jeans, a tight t-shirt, his leather jacket and sunglasses. His hair was a mess, but it suited him. Sam quickly holds the menu in front of her face, not wanting them to see her. She could hear the others giggling. Sam started cursing them, hoping that Jack wouldn't notice them. Janet leans over to her, slowly pushing Sam's menu down onto the table.

Janet: "It's alright, he's over there now. He can only see the back of your head"

Sam sighs; the bartender places their drinks on the table. Sam quickly grabs hers, gulping most of it down. She puts it back on the table, looking round to see them all staring at her. She shrugs at them, looking at the menu again.

Jack was sat facing the pool table, waiting for Daniel to come, with his drink. He watches Teal'c, as he watches people playing on the pool table. Teal'c turns round to face him, placing his hands on the table. Jack looks at Teal'c; he could tell he was going to start asking questions. A tray appears on the table, and then Daniel slips into the seat next to him. Jack smiles, leaning forward and taking his beer from the tray. Daniel of course was sticking to orange, and Teal'c was drinking coke. Daniel picks the tray up, placing it on a table behind them.

Daniel: "So you have no idea, who this Smart Arse is?" Jack: "Nope. I've only chatted to her three times" Daniel: "So, it could be anyone on the base?" Jack: "She's in one of the teams, so she isn't a base personnel person" Daniel: "Well, that narrows it down a lot. There's only about..." Jack: "Three"
Daniel: "We ought to put more women, in the teams" Jack: "Not many women want to leave their families"

Daniel looks at the giggling women, he stops as he turns back to table, tapping Jack on the shoulder and pointing to something behind him. Jack looks at him, noticing that he was pointing at something. Jack turns round, following the direction of the finger. He notices a group of women, laughing about something and spilling their drinks.

Jack: "Yes, Daniel. That is the opposite sex, their called women. You should go over and talk to them"

Jack turns back to the table, taking a quick sip of his drink and settling back into his chair. Daniel frowns at him, turning to the table and leaning onto it, with his arms cross.

Daniel: "Doesn't the blonde hair woman, remind you of someone?"

Jack sighs; turning round to take quick glance at her. He couldn't believe his eyes; she was actually out of her lab, and having a good time. She was laughing, a good hearted laugh at something. He turns to Daniel, indicating with his head, towards them.

Jack: "It would be rude of us, not to say hello, wouldn't it?" Daniel: "It would be rude"

They smile at one another; they all stand up and head across the room to them. Jack taking lead, as they approached the table. Jack stops in front of them, Daniel and Teal'c on either side of him. The women's conversation suddenly stops, as they notice them standing there. Jack and Daniel smile at them, while Teal'c just nods his head to them.

Jack: "Thought, we ought to say hello, to you lovely women"

A few of them start giggling, and whispering to one another, which cause more giggling. Jack thought; he was back at high school. He shakes the thought from his head, his eyes coming to rest on Sam and Janet.

Jack: "Hello ladies"

They all smile at him, Sam quickly taking a sip of beer, trying to avoid eye contact with any of them. Daniel leans onto the table, forcing himself into her line of view. He smiles at her; she couldn't help but smile back at him and then look at the other two.

Daniel: "Glad to see you getting out of your lab, Sam. It's about time; you went out with the girls, now and then" Janet: "I didn't know, you'd be coming here" Daniel: "Teal'c wanted to go out for dinner, so I decided to treat him and Jack decided to come along"

The other women start whispering again and giggling, amongst themselves. Sam looks at them, shaking her head as she takes another sip of her beer.

Jack: "Well, I expect these women, would like to get back to their night..." Janet: "Hold on, Colonel. Why don't we join forces?" Jack: "I don't know. Carter, what do you think?"

She looks up at him; he smiles at her causing her to smile back at him. She couldn't believe, how much his grey hair was turning her on. She shakes her head, looking at the others round the table.

Sam: "Why not? It might be fun"
Daniel: "I'll go get our drinks; you two take a sit and save me a space"

Daniel runs back to their table; Jack looks round the table for room. The women start moving round, making room for them on the ends. Sam pats the seat next to her; he smiles at her as he sits down next to her. Daniel places his drink in front of him, and then joins Teal'c on the other side of the table.

They had their meal, they were sitting around talking about some idle gossip, they had heard. Jack wasn't really into gossip; he leans onto the table, watching Sam as she listens to Sharon. He could watch her for ages; he could never get tired of her. Everyone starts laughing; Sam looks round at them all. She notices out the corner of her eye, that Jack was watching her again. She turns towards, he smiles at her and she smiles back. She notices the pool table was free, turning to others round the table with her idea.

Sam: "Anyone, fancy a game of pool?"
Jack: "I'm game"
Daniel: "Me too"
Janet: "Why don't we all play, Girls vs. boys? Teal'c: "I do not know, how play pool"
Daniel: "You'll pick up, as we go along"

They all shuffle round, out of their seats and cross the room to the pool table. Jack quickly grabs the triangle, from the near by table. He starts taking the balls out of the pockets, and a assembling them in to some order. Sam grabs two pool cues. Handing one to Daniel and chalking up the other one. Jack carefully lifts the triangle up, placing it back on the table and joins the others, at the other end of the table. Janet flips a coin, slamming it down on the table, and looks up at Daniel.

Daniel: "Heads"

Janet lifts her hand up, looking down at the coin and then shaking her head. She looks up at him, grinning as she pats Sam on the back.

Janet: "Tails"
Daniel: "I was going to let you, go first anyway"

Sam shakes her head at him, lining her shot up and then hitting the cue ball as hard as she could. The balls break, scattering them around the table. Daniel hands the cue to Jack, jack nods his head stepping up, behind Sam as she stands up.

Jack: "Nice break, Carter"
Sam: "Thanks, sir"
Jack: "You'd better sit down"
Sam: "Why that, sir?"
Jack: "Because you're not getting, on the table again"

He smiles at her, as he passes her to go down the other end, of the table. He kneels down, taking a better look at the balls. He nods his head, leaning onto the table, and lines his shot up. He gently taps the white ball, which hits a ball sending it down a pocket. He quickly moves round the table, lining up his next shot. Daniel slowly steps behind Janet, tapping her on the shoulder, drawing her attention away from the table.

Daniel: "Fancy a wager?"
Janet: "20bucks?"

Daniel nods his head, smiling at her as he joins Teal'c. Jack pots another, moving round the table for his next shot. Daniel taps Teal'c on the shoulder, and gestures for him to take a seat.

Daniel: "I think he's in the zone"

Teal'c raises his eyebrow, looking at jack and then at Daniel. Daniel sits down, leaning on to the table as he watches jack. Teal'c sits down, looking at Daniel and then at Jack.

Teal'c: "Daniel Jackson, what is the zone?" Daniel: "Erm...he's on a roll, he's...just watch"

Daniels shakes his head, regretting ever saying it. Teal'c looks at him, shrugging to himself; he turns towards the table, watching Jack pot some more balls. Jack looks at Sam and Janet, smiling at them, as he sets his shot up for the last ball. He gently taps the cue ball, which gently nudges the eight ball over the pocket. He stands up, raising his cue into the air and them drops it onto the table. He starts doing a little victory dance as he approaches Daniel and Teal'c. Daniel stands up, him and Jack both high five one another and then turn towards Janet and Sam. Daniel steps towards Janet, holding his hand out towards her. She sighs, sticking her hand into her jean pocket, and pulling out a wad of money. She gives him his money, shoving the wad back into her pocket. Jack smiles at them, looking at his watch, he decides to go home. He takes his sunglasses out; he puts them on and starts off towards the door.

Jack: "See ya's later"
Daniel: "Bye Jack"

Jack disappears out the door; Sam watches the door, hoping he'd change his mind. Janet taps her on the back, bringing her out of her daze. She looks at her, sighing as she nods her head.

Jack was sat waiting in the chat room, throwing a ball up the wall of his office, while he waited for 'Smart Arse'. He was pleased with the night, he had last night. It may have been short, but at least he got to spend some time with Sam, away from work related topics. He liked the way her top, cling to exactly the right places on her body. The way she had smiles; at the women's conversation about something, which he weren't paying attention to. He briefly looks at the screen; she'd just enter the room. He throws the ball, letting it fall to the floor.

Smart Arse: Guess I owe you coffee
Colonel Cynic: You had a good time then? Smart Arse: The best. Never realised, how much fun a girl's night out was. I've already said yes, to the next one. Colonel Cynic: Sweet
Smart Arse: So, when do you want your coffee? Colonel Cynic: Well, I haven't got a meeting, this morning or any paper work to do. So, how about now? Smart Arse: That's good with me; I'll be sat at the back, with your coffee waiting.

Jack looks at the screen; she left the chat room and was on her way to the commissary. Now, he was really nervous. There were three possibilities, and one of them, would be a little awkward, if it was her. He looks over his desk, hands clutching at the chair. He notices the phone, grabbing the phone and dialling the first person that came to his head.

Daniel: "Daniel Jackson"
Jack: "I'm meeting with her, in the commissary for coffee" Daniel: "Who?"
Jack: "Smart Arse"
Daniel: "Well, go meet her then. What could happen? You're only meeting for coffee" Jack: "What if it's Carter?"
Daniel: "Why the hell, did you call Jack? What do you want someone to hold your hand?" Jack: "Well, yeah. You could go in, and see if it's her" Daniel: "Jack, your half a century old, don't you think, you can do this yourself?" Jack: "Daniel, its Carter were talking about" Daniel: "I'll meet you there"

Jack quickly places the phone, back in its cradle and rushes out the door. He couldn't believe it, if it was Carter he spent his time talking to too. He'd actually got her to go out, if it was her. But he couldn't understand, why did it need to be someone, she didn't know to tell her.

Sam sits down, placing the mugs of coffee at an equal distance, apart from one another. She was a little nervous, but she was also excited. She'd been wondering, who she'd been talking to. Cromwell? Ferretti? Dawson? But at least, she knew it couldn't be her man. The one man who'd stolen her heart; at their first meeting, and could make her laugh, under any circumstances. She watches the doorway, hoping to get the sight of her mystery guy, before he saw her. She'd started watching everyone in the commissary, as they came in and sat down. She looks down at the coffee, hearing someone enter the commissary, she looks up to see Daniel, fighting with someone hidden, in the corridor. He stands there, looking at them and then slowly looks round the commissary. He spots her at the back, he smiles at her and waves at her. A pair of hands grabs him by his shirt and pulls back out, the commissary. She frowns at the doorway, wondering what the hell was going on. Daniel reappears, pulling his shirt straight and joins the queue. Jack enters the commissary, looking round a little funny and the sees her. He smiles at her, quickly crossing the room to join her. She quickly grabs the other coffee, pulling it closer to her. He slides into a seat in front of her, looking at the people who surrounded them and then looking at her. He looks at the other coffee mug, smiling at it as he shakes his head. Daniel quickly joins them, placing a tray of doughnuts in the middle of the table. He seats down next to Jack, sipping at his coffee.

Daniel: "Morning, Sam"
Sam: "Daniel. Sir"
Jack: "Carter"

Jack looks at the tray, noticing there wasn't a mug of coffee, for him. He looks at Daniel, then looks at Carter and then reaches for the extra mug of coffee. She pulls it away from him; he frowns at her as he folds his arms, onto the table. Daniel looks at them, looking at his watch and then quickly stands up.

Daniel: "Sorry gotta go. I'm meant to be meeting...Teal'c; he wants to learn about...something"

Daniel quickly leaves them; Sam frowns at him but Jack relaxes, picking up a doughnut and taking a bite out of it. Sam looks at him, and then at the doorway. Jack notices her, looking at the doorway.

Jack: "Expecting someone?"
Sam: "Erm...yes, as it so happens"
Jack: "Oh, who?"
Sam: "Erm...someone I met briefly"

Jack nods his head, stuffing the remainders of the doughnut, in his mouth. Sam frowns at him, but quickly returns her attention back to the doorway. Jack picks up another doughnut, looking at Sam and then at the donut.

Jack: "Where'd you meet him?"
Sam: "Erm...no where special"
Jack: "Don't tell me, it was someone off the base's chat rooms, was it?"

She at him wondering, how it could have known. He never touches a computer unless, there are games on it or he had to do his reports. She watches him as he finishes off another doughnut.

Sam: "Well yeah, I did as it so happens. Why got a problem with it?" Jack: "No, not at all. Probably, has a stupid name like Major Incredible" Sam: "No"
Jack: "Erm...how about Colonel WNL"
Sam: "WNL?"
Jack: "With No Life"

She shakes her head at him, picking up a doughnut and taking a little bite out of it. Jack watches her, she could eat so delicately, but when she was off world, it was a whole different ball game. He smiles to himself, looking down at the table and then up at her again.

Jack: "I know, Colonel Cynic"

Sam drops her doughnut, slightly choking on the piece, in her mouth. She swallows, looking at him, not believing what he just said. She shakes her head, looking at the table and then up at him. He was smiling, as he picks up another doughnut and takes a big bite out of it.

Sam: "How did you know?"
Jack: "Just a guess. So, have any idea who he is yet?" Sam: "I know he's a Colonel. Well, I presumed he's a Colonel. But I know it can't be you" Jack: "Why not?"
Sam: "you hate computers, you've told anyone, who would dare to listen" Jack: "Ah...but that was before, Simmons show me how to work it" Sam: "Simmons?"
Jack: "Yeah, he helped me choose a name as well. He said, he thought I was a cynic and then I just added the Colonel. Is that my coffee, you owe me?"

She looks down at it, slowly pushing it towards him. He picks it, smiling his thanks to her and takes a sip from it. She closes her eyes, thinking it was a dream, and soon she'll wake up, to find someone else in front of her. She opens her eyes, ton find his still sat there, picking his next victim, out of the pile of doughnuts.

Sam: "You're Colonel Cynic?"
Jack: "The one, the only"

She leans forward onto the table, resting her head in her hands. Jack couldn't help but grin at her. He picks up another doughnut, taking a bite out of it and sits back in his seat. Sam looks up at him, sighing as she sits back in her own seat.

Sam: "When did you know, it was me?"
Jack: "I didn't, until about 10mins ago" Sam: "When you sent Daniel in first"
Jack: "He was casing the joint"
Sam: "Great" She stands up, picking up her mug and a doughnut. "Well, I'll be getting back to work now. Now, that I feel like an idiot"

She shakes her head, stepping round the table and heading to the door. Jack quickly gets up, taking a doughnut and his coffee, with him. He catches Sam up, just before she went through the doorway.

Jack: "Still wanna go to the carnival, next week?"

She stops, looking over her shoulder at him and carrying on down the corridor. He stands there, watching her as she approaches the elevator.

Sam: "You can pick me up at eight!"
Jack: "Friday?"
Sam: "Sure, why not?"

Jack smiles to himself, heading off towards his office. Grinning to himself, and getting the odd look from some airmen, he'd passed. Next Friday, he was going to take Sam out and show her, how much fun he could really be.

The End

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Katmellie