Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Birthday Girl

by Katmellie
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Birthday Girl

Birthday Girl

by Katmellie

Title: Birthday Girl
Author: Katmellie
Email: Katmellie@AOL.com
Category: none
Season: any Season
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Summary: What are Janet and the rest of SG-1 got plan for Sam? And what did Jack discussed with Hammond?
Sequel to: The Prize
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Janet had finely got the boys, by themselves, with no Sam to interrupt. Every time they tried to plan it, she always seems too walked through the door. Jack had tried ordering off base, but that didn't work either. Now they were sat on the floor, of one of the store closets. Jack wanted to go to his house, but they had a mission to go on and didn't have enough time to drive to his place, and then back again. Janet opens a piece of paper out, and takes a pen out. She looks round the room at the faces. Daniel deep in thought about something, Jack's picking his nose? Teal'c stares into nothing and Jonas...drinking his tea. Janet sighs, drawing all of their attention.

Janet: "Okay, now where are we going to have her surprise? Her house? The commissary?" Jack: "The commissary, it's bigger, we can fit the band in a corner, and still have lots of room, for a dance floor" Janet: "Okay"

She starts scribbling on the piece of paper; she looks back up at them. They all sit there, looking her for the answers. She sighs, pinching the bridge of her nose and then looks up at the ceiling. She silently prays for help, dropping her head into her hands. Daniel starts owing, and clicking his fingers together. She looks at him; he holds his hand up to stop her.

Daniel: "I got it, we can...we can..."
Jack: "We can what?"
Daniel: "We can have a fancy dress party" Jonas: "What's that?"
Jack: "You dress up as someone famous, someone from history, in other words someone who isn't you"

Jonas nods his head, taking a sip of his tea and then looking at the supplies on the shelf next to him. Janet watches them, they were like children, and how the hell did Sam put up with them? She shakes the thought out of her head, and returns her attention back to them.

Janet: "Okay, now where are we getting the food from?"

The door opens; Janet shields her eyes from the new light source. She recognises the silhouette of the person.

Sam: "What the hell, are you guys doing in the storage closet?" Jack: "Were...having discussions about the way things are organised in here" Sam: "Right, okay"
Daniel: "You know they should try organising this by colour?" Janet: "Things would get mix up"

Janet rolls the piece of paper up, and stuffs it in her pocket. Jack's the first to his feet, pushing Sam away from the door. Daniel stands up, helping Janet to her feet.

Jack: "Hey Carter. I was wondering how your report on the...thingy bobby?" Sam: "What thingy bobby?"
Jack: "You know the thingy bobby; you brought back on our last mission?" Sam: "I hand it in to you, the other day" Jack: "Yes you did. I'll just go...and...read. Bye guys"

Jack disappears off down the corridor, Sam frowns turning round finding the others had gone as well. She looks in side the storage closet, grabbing a wad of paper off the shelf; she turns the light off and closes the door. She looks down either side of the corridor; she sighs and heads towards her lab. She knew they were up to something, especially when they all disappeared. What the hell were they up too? She shrugs, opening the door to her lab and dropping the paper, by the printer. She drops onto her stool, turning back to her laptop. The email icon was lit up; she moves the mouse over to it and clicks on it. A new window opens, showing one new email, she sighs clicking on it.

To: MajorSCarter@SGC.com
From: ColonelJO'Neill@SGC.com
Subject: Nothing really
Time: 0734

Hey Carter, Just wondering, what type of music do you like? Do you like balloons? What party food do you like? What cake do you like? Yours Colonel

She shakes her head, party food? Balloons? Cake? They weren't organising a birthday party, were they? No, they wouldn't do that. It wouldn't be the Colonel's style; he was in your face kind of person. But if Daniel and Janet were involve? And what kind of story was, were discussing how they organise the storage closet? She shakes her head, clicking on the reply button.

To: ColonelJO'Neill@SGC.com
From: MajorSCarter@SGC.com
Subject: Your questions and some of my own Time: 0956

Sir, What was the real reason you were in the storage closet, with Daniel, Teal'c, Jonas and Janet? Normal people don't discuss how the storage closets are organised. The answers to your questions are I like any music, love balloons, I like any party food and I don't mind. Now, answer my question. What the hell are you lot doing? Carter

She sighs, clicking send and then deleting his email. He shuts her computer down, picking up the folders off her desk and her mug of cold coffee. She checks she's got every thing, while leaving she closes the door, locking it and then heading to the briefing room.
* 2 days later-------------------------------------------------------

They were waiting patiently, for the gate to dial up. They had finish organising the party, and were just waiting for the special guest. She hadn't seen him in months, and she really missed him. Jack smiles as the gate locks, they receive the Tok'ra IDC code and the iris opens. Jack looks round to the noise on the stairs, to see Sam coming down reading a file. He looks round to see Jacob some through the gate; he taps Daniel on the shoulder and points to her. Sam just looks up briefly; Jack holds his hands up, thinking of something to distract her. He grabs her; she looks at him, as if he was a weirdo. He looks round and then kisses her. She shock at first, but soon relaxes dropping the file, as a sign. Everyone in the control stares at them, while Daniel, Janet and Teal'c discreetly rushes Jacob off to some quarters. Sam wraps her arms around his neck, and pulls him closure. Hammond comes down the stairs, he stops half way down, frowning at the sight in front of them.

Hammond: "COLONEL O'NEILL! WHAT IN GOD'S NAME DO THINK YOUR DOING?"

They slowly break away, staring at each other; Jack shakes his head and pulls away from her. He blinks his eyes a few times and then looks up at Hammond. He smiles at him, but Hammond just stands there frowning.

Hammond: "Get to my office now, Colonel!" Jack: "Yes, sir"

Jack starts up the stairs; he looks back, giving Sam a quick smile and then runs up the stairs, to catch up with Hammond. Sam looks round, she grabs some equip behind her to steady, running a finger over her lips. She could still feel his lips on hers, the warmth and the fierceness of those lips was over whelming. She shakes her head, remembering the file she dropped; she collects its contents together and walks off to her lab, smiling like a Cheshire cat.

Jack closes the door behind him, after he enters Hammond's office. He gives Hammond a quick smile, but Hammond quickly wipes it off with a look. Jack stands to attention in front of Hammond desk. Hammond shakes his head, sitting down in his seat and folding his arms.

Hammond: "Would you care to explain to me, what just happen?" Jack: "Well, sir. You know me, Daniel, Teal'c, Dr Fraiser and Jonas, are organising Carter's surprise party?" Hammond: "Yes"
Jack: "Well, Carter's dad was coming in through the Stargate, and Carter was coming down the stairs. Jacob's not supposed to be here, Carter thinks he's on a Tok'ra mission and won't be here for her birthday" Hammond: "What has this got to do with you, kissing Major Carter?" Jack: "You see, I had to distract her and I couldn't think of anything better. So I just..."

Hammond raises his eyebrows; he runs his hands over his face and leans onto the desk. He looks up at Jack; Jack stands there with a look of hope. Hammond sighs and stands up.

Hammond: "About what we discussed early this month, I've talked over with the big man and he doesn't see as a problem, as he owes you for the amounts you safe the planet. Now, get back to work, and don't make it a casual thing. Okay, Colonel?" Jack: "Yes, sir"

Jack quickly leaves the room, to be confronted by Daniel. Jack sighs, quickly walking down the corridor, towards the infirmary. Daniel walks beside him, matching him step for step.

Jack: "That was close"
Daniel: "What'd he say?"
Jack: "Not to do it again. But her lips were so soft and warm, Daniel. She's totally..."

Jack almost collapses; Daniel grabs him, pulling him along the corridor. Daniel shakes his head, looking at Jack. He was off into a day dream, from the looks of things. This was probably most of time for him when it came to Sam.

Sam was bored; she finished her paper work and her cataloguing of devices. She was looking for anyone that resembles someone of her team or even Janet. She looked in the usual places, the infirmary, Daniel's lab, Teal'c quarters, Jonas's office, Jack's office, and now she was on her way to the commissary. It was a bit strange; no one had seen any of them. They were really acting strange, and there was someone staying in the guest quarters, but every time someone mentions it, when she was in the room, they were hushed up. She turns the corner, into the long corridor to the commissary. The doors were closed, and that was very unusual. She could hear people shouting, and things dropping and smashing. She thought she heard the Jack shouting, barking orders at someone. She looks up, to see someone slip out of the commissary. She recognises them away immediately, the salt and pepper hair sticking out all over the place.

Sam: "SIR!"

He turns round; he was holding something in his hands. He looks at it, and stuffs it down his t-shirt. She frowns at him, as she approaches him. He leans against the door, as she stops in front of him.

Jack: "CARTER! What you doing?"
Sam: "Sir? Why are you shouting?"
Jack: "Huh? Never mind. What you up too?" Sam: "Well, I've finish my work, and was trying to find you guys" Jack: "Well, you found me"

He smiles at her, folding his arms in front of him. Sam smiles at him, remembering the kiss from early.

Sam: "Sir, about early in the control room" Jack: "Yeah, the kiss?"
Sam: "Yeah. I just like to say that I...really enjoyed it" Jack: "I'm sorry, Carter. I was...you did?"

She chuckles, holding a hands to her mouth, she felt like a teenager talking to a boy she fancy. Well, she did or she loved him. One or the other, and she didn't mind which one. He starts grinning, and returns back to leaning against the door.

Jack: "Really, well, I guess we could do it again, but I don't think we could in the commissary" Sam: "The General won't be happy about it. What did he say anyway?" Jack: "A slap on the wrists, and a warning"

Something smashes in the commissary, she looks at the door frowning and then looks at him. He cringes, and suddenly seems very uncomfortable. He starts shuffling from one foot to the other. He smiles shyly, and the tries walking her away from the door.

Jack: "You gonna go home?"
Sam: "What's going on in there?"
Jack: "Where?"

She turns pointing towards the door, he looks where her finger's pointing and then sighs. He dismissal hand at the door.

Jack: "Nothing, there rearranging the tables, that's all" Sam: "Oh, right"
Jack: "You gonna go home then?"
Sam: "No, I was thinking about running a diagnostic of the bases computes" Jack: "No your not, your going home"
Sam: "What?"

He turns her round, pushing her down the corridor. She tries to grab the wall, but her hands just slip down the wall.

Jack: "You're going home, and that's an order"

Sam sighs taking the hint, she walks off down the corridor. Jack stands there watching her until she disappears from his sight; he shakes his head smiling and turns back to the commissary. He didn't want to go back in there; it was like a bomb site when he came out. Balloons everywhere, steamers hanging off lights and Daniel and Jonas tangled in some fairy lights. He sighs before opening the door, and heading back into the cachous. He couldn't believe it, Teal'c and Janet were covered in something that looked like flour, and above them several ceiling tiles were missing. Daniel and Jonas were now arguing, and rolling over the floor. Jack wishes he'd gone with Sam now. He closes the door, locking to prevent anyone access.

Jack was just finishing his shower, he wraps a towel round his waist and leans down on the sink. Looking at the mirror in front of him, he looks at himself. The greying hair on his chest and on his head was starting to make him feel old. He sighs picking up his electric shaver, he slowly runs over his chin and cheeks. He drops back on the side, picking up his aftershave and dabs some on his face and neck. He places back down; he looks up at himself and smiles at himself.

Jack: "Don't you think your getting too old for this? You should be staying at home, complaining about nowadays music and getting cranky"

He sighs picking up a comb, and quickly running it through his hair. His hair all neatly comb back, he places the comb back down and picks the gel up. He raises his eyebrows, squeezing some out onto his hand. He rubs it between his hands, and starts spiking his hair, in different directions. When he finally had it where he wanted it, he washes the remains off his hands and dries his hands on the towel, round his waist. He sprays some deodorant on, and goes into the bedroom. The clothes neatly lay out on the bed. He picks his boxes up, quickly slipping them on and throwing the towel in the corner. He looks at the clock by his bed, 1700hrs; he had to call Sam at half past. He smiles picking up his black denims, he puts them on and does them up. He picks the black shirt up, putting his arms in the sleeves. He picks his watch off the side table and puts it on. He does half the buttons up, on his shirt. He picks up his wallet and shoves it in his back pocket.

He picks the phone up; he dials Sam and waits for her to answer. She answers after the third ring. He didn't know what to say. She kept saying hello, and sounded as if she was getting frustrated.

Jack: "Hey Carter"
Sam: "Sir?!"
Jack: "Yeah, em...could you come back to the base?" Sam: "Why?"
Jack: "Em...I need your help, my...computer gone on the Fritz"

He could hear her giggle, in the background and then footsteps.

Sam: "I'll be there in 10 mins"
Jack: "Okay"

He puts the phone down, taking a deep breath and grabbing his keys, shoving them in his pocket. He picks his leather coat off the back of the couch, making his way to the door, he turns the lights off. He opens the front door, closing it and locking it, he jogs down the driveway to his truck.

Jack pulls up in his usual parking space; he gets out shutting the door and locking it. He pulls his jacket closure around him; he slips his sunglasses on, to add to his so-called image. He nods to the AF, standing guard by the lift entrance. He enters the lift; pressing the button for the commissary level and the door close. He leans back against the wall of the lift. The doors open after a while, he steps out making his way to the commissary. He opens the door, and steps inside, closing the door behind him. When he had left, the room was a mess but now it was...perfect. The stage set up in the corner, the tables neatly set and the place was cover in balloons. He notices the others standing around on the dance floor. He crosses over to them; Daniel taps Janet on the shoulder, and points to Jack. She turns round and runs towards him. She grabs his coat pulling him closure to her.

Janet: "The band has cancelled on us!"
Jack: (removing his sunglasses and putting them in his coat pocket) "What? Why?" Janet: "They were doubled booked, and they decided to go with the other booking, because they were paying more" Jack: "Okay. So, what can we do?"
Daniel: "Well, we've got the instruments, we could always play them"

Janet let's go of his coat, he straightens it, stepping passed her towards Daniel.

Jack: "Right. Get some music books from somewhere, or find some songs we know" Daniel: "You've got to go meet Sam, right?" Jack: "Yeah. By the time we get here, I want everyone quiet and hiding. Where is everyone?" Daniel: "Their all in the back" He points over his shoulder, to the spare room. "Their a real hand full"

Jack chuckles, patting him on the back; he goes to the door and opens it. He smiles at them all, and disappears into the corridor, closing the door behind him.

Jack was set for Sam arrival, his office door wide open and he was hid behind it, waiting for her to come in. He could hear her coming down the corridor, then nothing. He could see her, through the gap in the door. She slowly steps into the room, looking around, frowning at everything. She was stood next to his desk; he slams the door shut and leans against the door frame. She jumps round, bracing herself against the desk.

Sam: "Sir!"
Jack: "Hi"

She holds her chest, with her hand taking a step forward, away from the desk. He smiles at her, moving towards her. She looks round for something, and then looks at him, with a puzzled look.

Sam: "Where's your computer then?"
Jack: "Never mind about the computer, come with me a minute"

She looks at him, he offers his hand to her; she looks at it and then takes it. He smiles at her, and pulls her towards the door. He opens it, and pulls her towards the elevator. She starts to pull back; he looks at her over his shoulder.

Jack: "Don't worry"

She raises her eyebrows and then frowns. He shrugs, and pressing the button, to call the elevator.

He stops outside the commissary door; he knocks on the door and steps inside, leaving Sam outside. Daniel closes the door, looking at Jack. Jack looks around the room, seeing people popping up from their hiding places. Jack looks at Daniel.

Jack: "Every thing set?"
Daniel: "Yeah, just need the lady in waiting" Jack: "Well, go hide or whatever your doing, and I'll go let her in"

Daniel nods his head, and disappears into the darkness. Jack takes a deep breath, and slips out the door. Sam was leaning against the wall; she stands up straight when he appears from the door.

Jack: "Come on"

He holds his hand out to her; she shyly accepts and gives his hand a slight squeeze. He smiles at her, and tugs her towards the door. He opens it, and pushes her through. The lights come on, and every one jumps out. Sam jumps back into Jack arms, she almost fell over, if it wasn't for him, wrapping his arms round her waist. She looks up at him; he nods towards the people in the room and walks her forward.

Everyone: "Happy Birthday, Sam"

They all start clapping and cheering; Daniel appears and gives her a hug. She stands there, looking round at all the faces. She covers her mouth, and almost started crying. Jack steps forward, pushing Sam towards Daniel. Daniel puts his arm round her shoulder, and escorts her to a sit. Jack looks round at everyone.

Jack: "Well, come on then. Get on with the party, music will be in a while but you can get as much drink and food, from the back"

People start moving to the back, and taking seats at tables. Jack smiles, he moves over to their table in the corner. Daniel hands Sam a drink, she takes it and downs it all at once.

Sam: "I knew you guys were up to something, but this"

She looks round, her eyes were wide open. Jack sits down, taking a quick sip of a drink. Daniel pats Jack on the back, and heads to the stage. Jack nods his head; he watches Daniel stand up on stage and then looks at Sam.

Jack: "Time to go work"

He smiles at her; he takes his jacket off and hands it to her. She looks at him, and then towards the stage.

Jack: "Look after that, will ya?"

She takes it, and puts it on, over her own coat. He chuckles, downing the rest of his drink and heads to the stage. He jumps up onto it, taking the guitar from Daniel. He puts the strap over his shoulder; he taps the microphone getting everyone's attention.

Jack: "Hello everyone. Well, we did book a band, but they couldn't make it. So, I guessed you'll have to put up with us, for a while until someone brings the CD player, from my house. Hint, hint, Janet"

Jack could see Janet rushing out the room, with Teal'c right behind her. Jack smiles to himself; he turns to Daniel and Jonas, who was sat at the drums. Jack raises his eyebrows, and then shakes his head.

Jack: "Daniel, remember the song we saw in that Daruis song book, em...Dive in?" Daniel: "Yeah, what you wanna do that one?" Jack: "Well, yeah. It's sort of a secret message to her, if you get what I mean?" Daniel: "Yeah, I know and so does everyone else"

Jack pokes him in the arm, and turns back to the mic. Daniel frowns at him, rubbing his arm as he talks to Jonas. Jack shields his eyes, from the light, as he searches for Sam in the crowd.

Jack: "Right, where's the birthday girl?"

Everyone looks round the room, someone in the far corner starts shouting and pushing someone forward. Sam appears in front of him; her arms folded in front of her chest as she looks up at him. He smiles down at her; she couldn't help but smile back.

Jack: "This song is dedicated to you, okay?"

She nods her head, someone hands her a drink and she accepts it. Jack smiles at her, he turns to Daniel and Jonas, and mouths "One...two...three..." They start playing, and Jack turns back to the mic.

Jack: "So what's it all about?
I can't work you out
There's a chemistry between us
Getting hard to disguiseStill
you're holding back,
Some kind of panic attackTreading
water when you
Really should be turning the tide

Don't spend a lifetime waiting
Don't tell me noJust
let go...

The women at the front were going nuts, just like they did at the competition. Jack smiles at them and shakes his head.

If you want it, then you got itDon'
t let the moment pass you by
Take a long shot,
Give it all you gotYou'
ll never know unless you try,
You can only sink or swim,
Baby just dive in...

So what's the worse thing
That could be happening?
(You test the water and you
Find that it's a little too hot)
But I'm imagining,
The taste of salt on your skinMake
your move, you gotta chooseAre
you ready or not?

The women at the front all scream and move towards the stage.

Don't waste a lifetime waiting,
You know its nowSo
turn around

If you want it, then you got itDon'
t let the moment pass you by
Take a long shot,
Give it all you gotYou'
ll never know unless you try,
You can only sink or swim,
Baby just dive in...

Just dive in, just dive in
Let's dive inInto
the blue, into the deep
Into the moon tonight
Dive in

If you want it, then you got itDon'
t let the moment pass you by
Take a long shot,
Give it all you gotYou'
ll never know unless you try,
You can only sink or swim,
Baby just dive in...
Come with me
Let's dive in"

Jack steps back laughing; he takes the guitar from around his neck and hands it to Daniel. He steps back up to the mic, taking it from the stand and sitting down on the front.

Jack: "You know if Janet doesn't get here soon. I might have to sing again, or someone else might"

A few people start laughing; the women at the front had disappeared, leaving Sam standing there by herself. Jack stands up, replacing the mic, back on the stand. Sam grabs his hand, and pulls him off the stage, towards the corner. She stops and faces him; he stands there with a questioning look on his face. She couldn't believe how sexy he look, the tight jeans clinging in the right places, his shirt open onto his chest and his cute little spikes. Janet bursts through the door, carrying the CD players' speakers and then Teal'c comes in carrying the player. Janet walks off to one of the corners, with the Teal'c following her. Jack smiles to himself, and turns back to Sam.

Jack: "What?"
Sam: "Were you saying, what I thought you said?" Jack: "What would that be?"
Sam: "That you want to take a chance"
Jack: "Did I really say that? Wow, maybe I did, what would you say if I did?"

She smiles at him, and takes a step forward, towards him. He grins at her, as she pulls his head down and whispers into his ear.

Sam: "Yes"

She pulls back and looks at his face. He's grinning his face off; Jack quickly kisses her on the cheek and walks off to their table.

The party was in full swing now, people were dancing and laughing. The new song starts up; Teal'c and Janet come over and sit down at the table. Jack holds Sam's hand underneath the table. Daniel and Jonas joins them, Jack grabs a drink from the centre table and takes quick sip from it, placing it in front of him on the table. Jack looks at Janet, and nods his head. Janet gets up and disappears off somewhere.

Daniel: "Happy Birthday, Sam"

He passes her a present; she takes it and rattles it next to her ear. She looks at them all, and then quickly opens it. The wrapping reveal a small box, she frowns at it and then lifts the lid. Her mouth drops, as she looks Daniel and then back at the present. She carefully lifts it out of the wrapping and places it on the table. It was a children's scientists kid, Jack looks at it and then at Daniel.

Jack: "Okay, what the hell is that?"
Sam: "It's brilliant! I blew my bedroom up, with one of theses once!" Jacob: "Yeah, it took ages to re-decorate it and replace the furniture that was burnt"

Sam looks at everyone round the table; she slowly turns round to face Jacob. She jumps out of her seat, giving him a hug and grabbing onto his clothing. He chuckles, rubbing her back with his hands. She pushes him away, and then pulls him back into another hug. Jack smiles taking a sip of his drink, and turning back to the table. Sam lets go of her dad, someone had place an extra seat, next to Sam. Jacob sits down and Sam sits back down next to Jack, she couldn't stop smiling.

Sam: "How the hell did you get here?"
Jacob: "Talk to theses guys"

He points to others round the table, Jack was watching some people dancing, Daniel was finding something on the table, Janet and Teal'c had disappeared onto the dance floor and Jonas was trying a glass of champagne. Sam turns to Jack, moving so she was in his view and that he had to notice her. He smiles at her, finishing the rest of his drink.

Jack: "What?"
Sam: "You guys got my dad here?"
Jack: "Well, kindda. It was all of our idea, but it took a lot of my favours and rank to pull it off. I have to go and fix the General's roof next week"

She smiles shaking her head; she kisses him on the cheek. Jacob pats her on the back, standing up from his seat. She turns round, grabbing his hand pulling him back.

Sam: "Where you going?"
Jacob: "I was talking to George, some of us our still working"

Sam nods her head, reluctantly letting go of his hand. He smiles at her, and kisses her on the forehead. He disappears into the crowd of dances, Sam turns back to the table sighing. Jonas was conk out, on the other side of the table. She frowns at the sight, and then looks to Jack, for answers.

Jack: "He's just tried some champagne"

She nods her head, grabbing a glass from the centre of the table and filling it with champagne. She takes a sip from it, leaning back against the chair. Jack rests his head, on his hand, as he watches her. She looks at him, and smiles.

Sam: "What?"
Jack: "I was just wondering, how the hell someone so beautiful, so sexy, so...perfect, could ever want someone like me? Who's old, an emotional wreck, em...did I mention old?"

She giggles, leaning forward onto the table. He frowns at her, and then smiles. Daniel looks up taking notice of their conversation.

Daniel: "Hey, you two aren't? You are, aren't you?" Jack: "Are we, what?"
Daniel: "Together?"
Jack: "I don't know, you should ask Carter"

Daniel looks from Jack to Sam, who had gone rather red in the cheeks. Jack had suddenly disappeared from the table. Daniel looks round the room, and then back at Sam.

Sam: "I don't know, I think we are...in our little way. Actually where's he gone?"

They could hear someone tapping the microphone, they look at one another and then at the stage. Jack was standing there, his hands in his pockets with General Hammond standing next to him. He looks towards them, and signals for them to come over. They stand up, pushing through the crowd. Jack was smiling and whispering something into the General's ear.

Jack: "Well, many of you might know that...I...that I love, this very woman at the front here and who's birthday, we all came here to celebrate"

Someone shouts from the back, who sounded very much like Janet.

Janet: "Tell us something we don't know"

Jack chuckles, stepping away from the mic and then whispering something else into, Hammond's ear. Hammond starts nodding, and then a smile creeps over his face.

Jack: "Well, for Carter's...for Sam's birthday present, I spoke with the big man himself. Well, the General did, anyway, he has decided to grant me a chance, to ask the woman I love to marry me"

Everyone in the room goes silent; Sam covers her mouth looking at everyone around her. Jacob appears out of no where, on the stage. Sam thought he was going to do something stupid. Jacob pulls Jack aside; they start whispering to each, and then start nodding at each other and laughing. Sam frowns looking for Daniel, but Daniel wasn't there, he was lying on the floor in a heap. Sam rubs her face with her hand. Jack takes the mic, and steps down in front of Sam. She didn't know what to do, run or stay?

Jack: "Sam" He goes down on one knee "I know we've been through a lot together, and you've had a lot to deal with. One: Well, the flaming Gould for one. Two: Working out solutions for problems, I always seem to create. Three: Putting up with a cranky, old man of a Colonel. So, will you marry me?"

She looks up at her dad, and then at everyone standing around her. She looks down at Jack's face, he wasn't hiding anything, the hope and the worry look on his face said it all. She shakes her head; a tear falls hopelessly down her cheek. She tries to wipe them away, but they keep coming. Jack stands up, rubbing them away with his thumb and smiling at her.

Sam: "Yes"

Jack face lit up in an instinct, he looks round at the others, see if they heard the same thing. Sam grabs him by his shirt, and shakes him back forth. He looks at her, shaking his head, he grabs his jacket that she got on.

Sam: "Didn't you hear me! I said `yes'!" Jack: "You did? She did!"

Everyone starts cheering; Jack lifts Sam up and starts bouncing round in circles. Hammond shakes Jacob's hand; Jacob stands there watching them in front of him. Jacob was a little shock, even he did know about it. Jack finally stops jumping around, and puts Sam down. He quickly kisses her; she wraps her arms round his neck, pulling him closure. Daniel starts to get up, putting his glasses back on properly. Someone starts wolf whistling. Jack and Sam slowly pull away from each other, resting their foreheads together and smiling at one another.

Jacob: "Jack! Jacky boy!"

Jack looks up at Jacob, but not letting go of Sam. Jacob stands there with his hands on his hips, looking down on them.

Jack: "Yeah...dad?"
Jacob: "Oh, watch it" A few people start laughing "Aren't you forgetting something?"

Jack frowns looking at Sam, he lets go of Sam and starts searching his pockets. Sam watches him, she couldn't help big giggle. He stops as his hand finds something in his back pocket. He smiles at her, and then looks up at Jacob. He slowly pulls it out, to reveal a small red box. Sam stands with a little grin on her face, as Jack opens it up and takes the ring out. It had a small diamond on it, but it was so beautiful, it made up for what it lacks. She holds her hand out for him, he smiles taking her hand in his, and he slowly slips the ring on. People start applauding, and cheering. Jacob grabs Jack and pulls him up on stage. Jack looks round, a little unclear why he was on stage. Jacob grabs the guitar shoving towards Jack, Jack takes it a little confuse. Jacob whispers something into his ear, Jack starts smiling and pats him shoulder. Jacob turns round; he pushes Hammond off the stage. Jack pulls Daniel onto the stage, and whispers something into his ear. Daniel starts nodding and then looks at Jack, as if he just got something, he jumps off the stage and pushes through the crowd, but soon returns with Teal'c and Janet. They both get on the stage, Daniel picks another guitar up; Teal'c sits down behind drums and Janet on the piano. Sam looks around at everyone, trying to work out what they doing. Jack steps up the mic, adjusting the guitar on his shoulder.

Jack: "By special request from my new...father-in-law, he wants me to sing a song, he thinks suits the situation. Who would have guess, he's a romantic?"

Someone turns the music off and the room falls into silence. He turns to Daniel, whispering something into his ear. Daniel backs away shaking his head, Jack frowns at him and then Daniel shrugs. Jack mouths `One...two...three'. They start playing, Sam recognise it immediately.

Daniel and Jack: "Now and forever
Until the time is through

Jack: "I can't believe it,
Don't know where to start,
No baby
So many questions
Deep inside my heart
You know that
Give me moment before you go,

Daniel steps up next to Jack, smiling at each other and then looking out towards the crowd. The group of women were now screaming again. Sam looks at them, shaking her head, she returns her attention back to them.

Daniel and Jack: "There something you ought to know Baby now and forever
Until the time is through (Teal'c and Janet: "Until the time is through") I'll be standing here
Waiting and never
Give up my faith in you (Give up my faith in you) Trying to make it clear
Without your love
I'll be half a man
Maybe one day you will understand
Now and forever
Until the time is through

Jack: "I'll be waiting"

Jack steps back away from the mic, letting Daniel do the next verse. The women cream again, Daniel briefly smiles at them.

Daniel: "How can I tell you?
So that you can see
(You know that)
Life has a meaning
When you are here with me (When you are here with me, baby) Give me a moment before you go
There's something you ought to know

Jack steps back up the mic, he looks down at Sam and smiles at her, she smiles back him.

Daniel and Jack: "Baby Now and Forever
Until the time is through (Until the time is through) I'll be standing here
Waiting and never
Give up my faith in you (Give up my faith in you) Trying to make it clear
Without your love
I'll be half a man
Maybe one day you will understand
Now and forever
Until the time is through

Jack shifts his guitar to his back, grabbing the mic and steeping down to Sam. He takes her hand and pulls her onto the stage. She tries to pull away, but gives up and steps up next to him.

Jack: "There is no one to comfort me
Here in my cold reality
I'm searching for words
What can I say?
To make you see (To make you see)

Baby now,
Until time is through
I'll be here
Baby now
Until time is through
I'll be here

Jack puts the mic back on the stand and shifts the guitar to his front, Daniel stands behind him singing inn the mic and looking Sam like Jack.

Daniel and Jack: "Baby, Now and Forever Until the time is through (Until the time is through) I'll be standing here
Waiting and never
Give up my faith in you (Give up my faith in you) Trying to make it clear
Without your love
I'll be half the man
Maybe one day you will understand
Now and Forever

Jack shifts guitar back to his back, taking the mic and touching Sam's face with his free hand.

Jack: "I will be here for you
Until the time is through...

People start applauding and cheering; Jack pulls Sam into a hug. Jacob steps up onto the stage, taking the mic from Jack. Jacob looks at them, shaking his head; he returns his attention back to the crowd.

Jacob: "Right. Now that thesis two, have finally seen sense. I think it's time for someone to bring the damn cake out"

Sam steps down from the stage; she grabs hold of Jacks hand and gives it a light squeeze. He looks at her and smiles, stepping down from the stage after her. Daniel and Janet look at each and smile.

The party had gone without a hitch, since the cake came out. Everything went smoothly, until Daniel and Jack found the karaoke CD, in the box. People started leaving as soon as people were asked, if they wanted ago. Jacob had gone back to his quarters; he had to leave in the morning and wanted to get some sleep. Hammond had been carried off to his quarters, leaving just SG-1 and Janet. Jack was still playing with karaoke CD, Sam was laughing with Janet, while they manoeuvre through the tables towards the stage. Teal'c had taken Jonas to his quarters, and hadn't been seen since. Daniel was falling over, trying to follow Sam and Janet.

Sam: "I want to sing"
Jack: "What would you like to sing, dear?"

Sam and Janet break out into another fit of laughter. Jack looks at them; he shakes his head and takes a drink out of the champagne bottle he'd been nursing, for a while. Sam and Janet calm down a little, dropping onto the stage.

Sam: "First things first, never call me honey, precious, dear, darling or any other pet names" Jack: "Well, then. You can't call me, anything like...like what you said"

Janet breaks out into a laughing fit, resulting in her falling off and landing on Jack. Sam tries pulling her off, while she's laughing.

Sam: "Hey, Janet! Get your own"
Janet: "Okay"

Janet starts to get up, but then collapses back down. Jack and Sam look at one another, Jack lifts Janet head up. She'd fell asleep, and was now snoring. Jack rolls her off, getting back to the karaoke CD.

Sam: "Let me look"

He hands her the CD case, she quickly glances down the list stopping at the bottom. She starts tapping her finger on the song.

Sam: "Number 12. I wanna sing number 12" Jack: "Okay, okay. God, and I'm going to marry her" Sam: "Hey! I heard that"

Jack shakes his head, selecting the number on the player. Sam grabs the mic, and waits for it to start. Jack grabs his bottle and heads over to where, Daniel had decided to stop and not cause himself no more injuries. Jack drops into the seat next to him, offering him the bottle. Daniel shakes his head, Jack shrugs taking a long swig of it. Sam starts singing away to herself.

Jack: "What in God's name, is that woman singing?" Daniel: "Britney Spears I think"
Sam: "I know I may be young
But I've got feelings too
And I need to do what I feel like doing So let me go and just listen

All you people look at me like I'm a little girl Well did you ever think it'd be okay for me to step into this world? Always saying, "little girl don't step into the club" Well I'm just tryin' to find out why cause dancing's what I love

kick it, kick it, kick it, whooah
Kick it, kick it, kick it, whooah (Do you like it) Kick it, kick it, and kick it, whooah (This feels good) [Panting]

She takes the mic from the stand, stepping off the stage and seductively heading towards Jack and Daniel. They look at one another, and then they both look back at Sam.

I know I may come off quiet
I may come off shy
But I feel like talking
Feel like dancing when I see this guy

She stands in front of Jack, leaning on the table behind him; she makes her self face to face with him. He starts to blush a little, he quickly glances at Daniel and then back at Sam.

What's practical is logical
What the hell, who cares?
All I know is I'm so happy when you're dancing there

She grabs his shirt, pulling him up from his sit. She takes his hand, and puts it on her hip. He takes the hint, putting his over hand on the other hip. They start swaying together, moving closure together, with each sway.

I'm a slave for you
I cannot hold it
I cannot control it
I'm a slave for you
I won't deny it
I'm not trying to hide it

Jack smiles at her; he starts to kiss her neck and moving slowly up to her lips. She pushes him away a little, looking into his eyes.

Baby, don't you wanna, dance upon me (I just wanna dance next to you) To another time and place
Oh Baby, don't you wanna, dance upon me (Are you ready) Because I nominate my name (Let's go)

Jack pulls her closure to him; they slowly move a table behind them. Both forgetting Daniel being in the room with them, Jack lays Sam onto the table.

(Like that)
Jack kisses her neck, moving up and down her neck. Sam plays with the hairs on the back of his neck. (You like it)

Jack looks up at her briefly smiling.

(Yeah)
(Now watch me)

She pushes him off her, standing up and pushing him back to his seat. He falls back into his seat; she sits down on his lap, smiling at him.

Kick it, kick it, kick it, whooah
Kick it, kick it, kick it, whooah (Do you like it) Kick it, kick it, kick it, whooah (This feels good) [Panting]

Jack starts running his hands down her back, finding the hem of her t-shirt tugged into her pants, he pulls it out and runs his hand up down her back, under her t-shirt. He could feel her shiver under his touch.

I really wanna dance; tonight with you (I just can't help myself) I really wanna do what you want me to (I just feel I let myself go) I really wanna dance, tonight with you (Wanna see you move) I really wanna do what you want me to (Uh Uh Uh)

Daniel drops his head into his hands, embarrasses to see his friends. He couldn't help but smile, but then he felt a little out of place. He slowly creeps away, making his way to the door and slipping out, before he had to witness anything else.

Baby, don't you wanna, dance upon me (I just wanna dance next to you) To another time and place
Oh Baby, don't you wanna, dance upon me (Are you ready) Because I nominate my name (Lets go)

Sam starts to undo his shirt, opening it out, so she could get better access to his chest. She runs her hands ever so lightly over his chest. She could feel he shiver at first, as she started to play with his chest hair.

I'm a slave for you (Like That)
I cannot hold it
I cannot control it
I'm a slave for you (It just feels good) I won't deny it
I'm not trying to hide it (Baby)

Jack move s to kiss her, but she pushes him away and stands up, heading back to the stage. He sits a little confused; he slowly gets up following her towards the stage.

Kick it, kick it, kick it, whooah
Kick it, kick it, kick it, whooah
Kick it, kick it, kick it, whooah
[Panting]

Sam steps up onto the stage, putting the mic back on the stand. She could see Jack coming; she shakes her head, and points to a chair in front of her. He sits down, never taking his eyes off her.

Kick it, kick it, kick it, whooah
Kick it, kick it, kick it, whooah
Kick it, kick it, kick it, whooah
[Panting]

She slowly runs her hands up and down the mic. If she didn't have Jack's full attention before, she did now.

I'm a slave for you (Here we go now)
I cannot hold it
I cannot control it
I'm a slave for you (Here we go)
I won't deny it (Yeah Yeah)
I'm not trying to hide it (Yeah)

(Like that)

The song ends, Jack sits there watching her as the next song track started up. Sam steps down from the stage, walking off as if nothing happen. He watches her shaking his head; he stands up noticing the sleeping form of Janet. He picks her up, slinging her over his shoulder and following Sam to the door. Leaving the room how it was, a complete mess and the music playing away to it self.

Janet woke up, to find the light blinding her as she open her eyes. She closes them, shielding them from the light; she reopens them and looks round. She was in the infirmary; she slowly sits up, noting that she had a major hang over. She slips off the bed, and goes to pill cabinet. She opens it, taking out some aspirin and swallowing two of them. She closes the cabinet; she frowns at the lights and quickly turns them off. She sighs as the pain cause from the lights, has now gone. She rubs her face, opening the door to the showers. Lucky thing about the infirmary, it had bathing facilities. She turns the shower on, she opens her locker and takes a clean top and pants out, placing them on the bench behind her. After her shower, Janet heads over to Sam's to see if she got home. She checked with the AF on duty last night, and he said she gone home with Colonel O'Neill. She pulls up into the drive, to notice that Jack's truck was parked there. She smiles, turning the engine off and stepping out of the car, locking it as well. She heads up to the front door, the house had sign of life, or any signs they were up. She rings the door bell, she waits a while and no one answers. She rings it again, and then hears some big bang and then some moaning. She frowns, she tries to look into the living, but it was too dark inside to see anything. She could hear someone approaching the door, it opens slightly then a head pops round. He blinks a few times, and then takes in the site in front of him.

Jack: "Doc?"
Janet: "Last time I check. Is Sam up?"
Jack: "Err...hold on" His head disappears, but she knew he was still there. He shouts into the house. "Carter! Are you up?!" Sam: "No! I'm still tangle in this bloody sheet, come and untangle me"

Jack head appears; he looks around and then opens the door for her. He was wearing Sam's dressing grown; she bows her head, hiding her smirk as she comes in. He closes the door, and disappears down the corridor. She could hear them talking in the bedroom.

Sam: "JANET'S HERE!"

She could hear Jack shushing her, and then some more banging. Someone cries out in pain, Janet was tempted to go down and see if she could lean a hand, but she probably walk in, at the wrong moment. She goes into the kitchen, deciding she'll make coffee. She empties the filter, and fills it with coffee granules, putting it back in the machine. She tops the water up, as the feet down the hall made their way to the room. She turns her head to see Jack, with his pants on and rubbing his hair. She turns the percolator on, as she turns round to face him completely

Janet: "Good night last night"
Jack: "You could say that"

They hear other pair of feet come down the hall way, she enters the room yawning but smiling slightly. She at least, had got fully dress before coming out the bedroom. She pulls a stool out from under the counter, and sits down resting her head, on her hands. Jack sits down next to her, taking an apple from the fruit bowl.

Sam: "Coffee"
Janet: "It's coming. How's your head?"
Sam: "Good, if anyone wants juice it's in the fridge"

Jack nods his head; he gets up opening the fridge and taking the carton out. He places it on the counter, sitting back down on his stool. He opens the carton, he about to drink the contents, when a hand slams onto his mouth.

Sam: "Don't you dare, used a glass"
Jack: "bihhskho ihhfaohsf"
Sam: "What?"

He sighs; he pulls her hand away from his mouth. He looks at her, and then at Janet.

Jack: "I said, `but I've got to go"
Sam: "Why?"
Jack: "Things to do, people to see and...things to do" Janet: "He's got to tidy the commissary, with the rest of us"

Sam looks at her frowning, Jack behind her starts mouthing `thank you'. Sam quickly turns round, he starts rubbing his face, trying not to meet her gaze. She sighs, giving him the carton.

Sam: "Take it; I've got to go to the market anyway"

He smiles his thank you, kissing her on the cheek; he quickly heads back into the bedroom, with the carton of juice. Sam shakes her head, standing up from her stool and opening the fridge.

Sam: "That man going to be the death of me"

Janet chuckles, she turns round to the now full pot of coffee. She takes to mugs from the shelf above it, she hears Jack coming back down the corridor, keys rattling with every step. He stops by the counter putting the now empty carton down and wiping his mouth on his sleeve. He pulls his jacket on probably, shoving his wallet in his back pocket. Sam sits down, placing her bowl of cereal in front of her. Jack kisses her on the cheek again, he moves away but Sam grabs his jacket. He smiles at her; he moves forward kissing her full on the lips. They slowly break away; Jack pops his sunglasses on, smiles at Janet and then quickly goes to the door. He opens the door, giving a little wave to Janet, and then disappears, closing the door behind him. Janet smiles to herself, as she places a mug of coffee, in front of Sam. She sits down where Jack was sitting before. She looks up to see Sam, sitting there with her eyes still shut and her hands clutching to something that wasn't there. Janet giggles, bringing Sam out of her daze. She looks round for something, she sighs turning back to cereal.

Janet: "That good, huh?"
Sam: "You wouldn't begin to imagine"
Janet: "Imagine what he's like, when he's not had anything to drink?" Sam: "Don't say that"

Janet grins taking another sip of her coffee. Sam slowly scoops some cereal onto her spoon, she about to eat but stops looking at it. She drops it into the bowl, and pushes it away. Janet frowns looking at it, and then at Sam.

Sam: "I can't eat. I don't know what it is? But I can't think about anything, accept him" Janet: (Pulling the bowl towards her) "You've got it bad, girl"

Sam sighs, standing up and going off somewhere into the house, while Janet eats her breakfast.

Jack pulls up into his driveway; he turns the engine off and sighs. He rubs his face, looking at the clock. He'd only been away from her, for 20mins and he couldn't stop thinking about her. He nearly crash on the way over here, and ran through a few stop signs. He shakes his head, taking the keys out of the ignition. He opens the door and gets out. He shuts the door; he could hear something ringing from with in the house. He bolts up the drive way, he tries to open the door, remembering he'd lock the night before. He curses himself, picking the key from the key ring, and shoving it in the lock. He turns the key, opens the door and searches for the phone. He jumps onto the couch, searching down the sides, until he pulls out the ignoring object. He presses the answer button, and quickly places it by his ear.

Jack: "O'Neill"
Sam: "Jack"

He frowns looking at the table, and then around the room. He digs his wallet out of his pocket, and throws it on the coffee table.

Jack: "Sam? What up?"
Sam: "Nothing. Just wanted to speak with you" Jack: "About what?"
Sam: "Nothing"
Jack: "Right and that makes a lot of sense" Sam: "I didn't get to say good morning to you"

Jack frowns, looking at the phone and replacing it back by his ear.

Jack: "Sam...you're being very strange, are you feeling alright?" Sam: "Well, it's not everyday someone gets a surprise birthday party, and then gets engaged on the same day" Jack: "Right, okay. You doing anything tonight?" Sam: "No, why?"
Jack: "Well, you could come over here and we could have dinner or something" Sam: "Sure, how about a pizza and video?" Jack: "You bring the video, and I'll get the pizza" Sam: "See ya later"
Jack: "Yeah, okay"
Sam: "Bye"
Jack: "Bye"

Jack puts the phone down, he seats back into the couch, looking up at the ceiling. He sighs, standing up and heading into the kitchen.

The End

Hopefully, I write a sequel, if I can get round to it.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Katmellie