Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Assignment

by Katmellie
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Assignment

Assignment

by Katmellie

Title: Assignment
Author: Katmellie
Email: Katmellie@AOL.com
Category: Humor
Season: any Season
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: PG
Warnings: none
Summary: Jack and SAm go on their assignment, but do they get to do what they planned?
Sequel to: Pay Back
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

It was about 2000hrs, and the mood in the S.G.C, was unbelievably depressing. Sam had been trying to stop herself smiling, since her and Jack had kiss. She wanted to shout at the top her lungs, but with their situation, they had to keep it quiet. She had been packing her bags for California, then unpacking them and packing them again. She hadn't seen Jack, since breakfast, in the commissary. She was dieing to see him, to briefly touch his hand and see his smile. They had had dinner together early that week, but as they didn't want to look suspicious, they invited Daniel and Teal'c as well. She enters her lab, and drops the files onto the desk. She didn't want to see any more paperwork, until she got back from California. They were going for a week. Jack has made the executive decision, that they spend two days looking for the snakehead and then spend the rest of days, doing whatever they wanted. She could go along with that, as long as she got to sunbath, be with Jack and not get shot at. She turns on her computer, and waits for it to boot up. She rests her head on her hands. It felt like the computer was taking ages, she looks down at her top draw and notices a red tag. She opens the draw, there's a box sitting on top of files. She picks it up, and places it on the table. There was no hint where it came from, she slowly pulls the ribbon on it and the box falls apart. A bottle of sun cream was revealed as the last side of the box fell to the table. She picks it up, and turns it round. A post-it note was stuck on the back; she pulls it off and places the bottle back on the table.

To Sam,

Something for you, but you'll have to wait, for the better pressie. Had the stitches out of my shoulder, and thanks to Jacob, before he left, my wrist is mended. See ya later. Jack

She couldn't help but smile even more, if that was possible. She looks at her computer, which had actually booted up quickly. She moves the mouse, and clicks on the Internet icon. `You've got mail', comes suddenly out of her speakers, it shocked her at first and then she calm down. She clicks on the mailbox, and waits for her mail to come up. She looks down the list, and comes across Daniel's email address at home. She opens it up, and quickly reads it.

From: DJackson@AOL.com
To: MajorCarter@SGC.com
Subject: Help

Hey. Sam, if your readinfg this I guess yoiur sytill on base, doing whatever keedps you theire. Anyway, getting to the subject, Jack and me went to this bar, I tried reinging you, but your phone was tiurn off and I didn't think I ashould say it over an unsecuraed line. Wree aire totarlly oiut of it, and he neesd uyou to pikc hmi uop. I'ev had to tie mih up.

She shakes her head, and sets the computer into shut down. She grabs her jacket off the back of her chair, and switches the lights off. She closes the door and locks it. She couldn't believe it; those two were like teenagers, when they got together. She was either splitting them up, or trying to get them to behave. She presses the call button for the lift. It didn't take long for the lift to come.

The lift doors open on to the bases car park. It was chilly outside, but luckily she'd put her jacket on in the lift. She quickly made her way over the car park, to her car. She notices Jack's truck, still parked next to hers. He must have gone in Daniel's car. She looks at her car, a ford galaxy, and then at Jack's truck, a Mitsubishi 4 by 4 with CD player. She shrugs and bends down next to truck's front wheel. She searches around with her hand, for the truck's keys. She touches something smooth; she grabs it and pulls it out. She held them up in triumph and stood up. She fiddles with the keys, and unlocks the truck. She opens the door and slid into the driver's seat. She closes the door, and sat there. She ran her hands over the wheel, he had touch that morning. She sighs and starts the engine. It roars into life, as she turns the key. `Trust him, to have a truck with a powerful engine'. She pulls up outside of Daniel's apartment, and puts the truck into park. She looks up at Daniel's apartment window, the light was on and she could see people's shadows moving. She gets out, and locks the door. She walks up to the apartment's main entrance. There was absolutely no sign of life, on the other floors accept for Daniel's apartment. She runs up the stairs, without a lost of breathe. Daniel apartment was on the third floor, which was good for a tactical advantage, but was bad to escape from. She knock on the door, she heard laughter coming closed to the door. The door opens to reveal, Daniel, with Jack lying on the floor. His leg had been tied to Daniel's leg.

Daniel: "Hello, Sammy. Come in, and join our party" Jack: (In an Irish accent) "Now, Danny-boy. Let's not keep the lovely gal, waiting. Let her in, so I can give the lovely gal a kiss"

Sam smiles and pushes pass Daniel. Daniel starts giggling, setting Jack off into a fit of laughter. She walks into the living room, it was like a bombsite, and there were bottles everywhere. She couldn't believe, how many bottles were scatted around the living room. She heard them coming up behind her. They were still laughing at nothing. She turn round as they were standing behind her. Daniel was holding Jack up, Jack was holding Daniel up. She bends down, and unties them. She felt a hand come to rest on her shoulder. She looks up, to see Jack, smiling back at her strangle. She stood back up, just in time to catch Daniel as he started to fall to the floor. She grabs him quickly.

Jack: "Well," He kisses her on the cheek, he smells of beer, and leans back. "As you're here now, I'll see ya later"

He closes his eyes, and drops to the floor. She sighs, looks down at him and then looks at Daniel. She shrugs to herself, and let's goes of Daniel. He falls down and lands on Jack. She goes over to the fridge, and gets a bottle of water out. She walks pass the heap on the floor, and sits down on the couch. She searches around for the remote, and finds it stuff down the side of the cushions. She flicks through the channels, until she falls asleep.

Jack slowly woke, to find a hand shove in his face. He slowly sat up, and regretted it. He slowly rubs his face, and look around his surroundings. The last thing, he remembers was talking to Daniel, about the rules of hockey. He notices a heap on the crouch, wrap in a blanket. He knew that heap; she always ended up like that off world. He crawls over to the couch, and pulls the blanket away from her. She lies there, with the sun playing across her face. He strokes her face gently. She starts to stir, her hand coming to her face and rubbing her nose. Her eyes flutter open, revealing her blue eyes. A smile slowly forms on her lips.

Sam: "What time is it?"
Jack: "Em..." He looks at his watch. "1000hrs. I'm glad were on stand down, or we would be in trouble" Sam: "Mmmm...did you enjoy yourself last night?" Jack: "I don't know, I can't remember"
Sam: "Well, when I came over, you two were tied together and then you both collapsed on the floor"

He looks over at Daniel, still asleep on the floor. He feels her hand, play with the hair on the back of his neck. He turns to face her; she was much closer now and looks great, even if her hair was a mess. She kisses him, on the cheek and sits up. She pats on the space next to her; he gets up and sits down next to her. Daniel starts to stir, stretching out across the floor and then seating up.

Daniel: "Anyone put coffee on yet?"
Jack: "No, I thought I would leave it up to the expect"

Daniel gets up, and quickly grabs the bookcase. He holds his head with his hand, and closes his eyes for a minute. He opens his eyes, and let's goes of the bookcase.

Daniel: "Remind me, not to drink ever again" Sam: "Daniel, you said that before"
Jack: "Yeah and I always say it"

Daniel finally notices the mess in the living room. He slowly takes a step forward, his eyes narrow on Jack.

Daniel: "This is the last time, we come back to mind for a drink" Jack: "Look, go put the coffee on, me and Carter will tidy up" Sam: "Err...no, Carter will not be tiding up. Carter will be heading home, to finishing packing for tomorrow"

She gets up from the couch, and walks towards the door.

Jack: "That's it, retreat, why don't you?" Sam: "I learnt it from the best. Anyway, if I could get to drive a 4 by 4 home, wouldn't you?" Jack: "What do you mean 4 by 4...hold on a minute" He gets up and looks out the window. He sees his truck, sitting in front of the building. "Carter!"

He turns round to find the room empty, except for Daniel, and the door wide open. He looks back out the window, to see Sam in the truck, waving as she pulls away.

Daniel: "Well, I guess that's two for coffee"

Daniel goes off into the kitchen area; Jack looks down at the coffee table and notices Daniel keys. He limps to the table, and quietly picks them up.

Daniel: "Jack, do you want instant or percolated coffee?"

Jack slowly closes the door, and makes his way as best as he could down the stairs. Daniel walks back into the living.

Daniel: "Well, that's it. He's going to get it, if he scratches that car"

He goes into the bedroom, and gets ready to have a shower.

Sam pulls up outside her house, she really enjoyed driving his truck and a specially the speed she was going at down the highway. She was defiantly going to trade hers in for one. She put it into park, and got out. She was pleased with her self, for managing to get out of Daniel's, before Jack said his piece. She swears sometimes, he was more in love with his truck, than her. She shakes her head, and heads up to the front door. She hears a car pull up, she took a quick glance over her shoulder and all she could see was one very annoyed Colonel. He quickly got out of the car, and went straight to his truck. He examines the paint job and then the interior.

Jack: "I thought I told you not to drive my truck, ever" Sam: "You also said, you'll never drink another beer" Jack: "You got me there"

Sam turns back to house, unlocks the front door and goes in, leaving the door open for Jack. She goes into the kitchen; she hears the front door close and then mumbling. She watches him, as he comes into the kitchen.

Jack: "So, how was it?"
Sam: "How was what?"
Jack: "I can tell from the looked on your face, that you enjoyed yourself" Sam: "I have no idea, what you're going on about?"

She reaches for the coffee mugs, from the shelf. She feels his hand come to rest around her waist; she could feel him smiling in her hair.

Jack: "I can tell you enjoyed, driving my truck and was either because it went fast or"

She turns in his hold, so she's facing him.

Sam: "Or what?"
Jack: "Em...it going to sound stupid, but...oh...I don't know how to say it" Sam: "Well, give me an example, and I'll tell you if it's like that" Jack: "When I go in your lab, and your not there. But it's just the satisfaction, that it's yours. I'll sit down on your stool, and think that you've touch that stool, the keyboard, the pens in your pot. Stupid things like that" Sam: "I get what you mean, but it was because it goes really fast"

He smiles, and lets her go. He sits down on the stool, and rests his head on his hands.

Sam: "Missing your wheel chair?"
Jack: "No. I get to drive, walk around and play hockey, what else would I want?" Sam: "I could think of something"

He smiles and looks out the window.

Jack: "Doc, says I have to take it easy" Sam: "Not to easy, I hope"
Jack: "You know me, when do I ever take it easy?" Sam: "Not much, accept when you're drunk"

She pours the boiling hot water into the cups, and stirs the coffees. She places one in front of Jack, and sits down with hers.

Jack: "Finished packing, yet?"
Sam: "Yes and no"
Jack: "Women"
Sam: "Hey, I've been told by Daniel, that you've repack your bags, 20 times in 2hours" Jack: "Yeah, well"
Sam: "I think I've got everything now"
Jack: "My bags are in the back of the truck" Sam: "I didn't see them"
Jack: "There's a secret compartment, in the back seat bit. I put most things in there"

Sam blows on her coffee, and takes a sip. Jack hadn't touch his yet, just sat there watching it.

Jack: "You know, it's ironic that were together now. But yet were not, do you get what I mean?" Sam: "I think"

He finally drinks his coffee. He places the mug, back on the counter. He stands up, and gives Sam a hug.

Jack: "You know you mean everything to me" Sam: "Yeah"

She feels his hand, going into her pocket and taking the keys, from it.

Sam: "Sneaky git"
Jack: "So, are you. How did you know, I kept my keys on the front wheel?" Sam: "I watch you do it one morning"

He lets go of her, and goes to the front door.

Jack: "I'll come by in the morning, and pick you up" Sam: "Yeah, but not to early"
Jack: "Yeah, okay. See ya later"

Then he was gone, the house felt empty now, with him gone now. She wishes that he could stay, it didn't feel right anymore, when they were apart. She hears his truck start up, and slowly pull down the drive. She picks her coffee up, and goes to the window in the living room. She could see Jack singing to himself, as he back down the drive. He looks at her, and smiles at her. She gives him little wave, and smiles. He waves back, and then he was definitely gone. She wrap her free arm, around her waist, where he had been just been holding her.

Jack walks up to her front door. The house was in complete darkness, except for the light in the living room. He knocks loudly on the front door, and waited for her to answer. The door opens, and she stands there in her dressing grown, yawning.

Sam: "Morning"
Jack: "Just got up, have we?"
Sam: "No" She takes her dressing grown off, to reveal a pair of jeans and a baggy T-shirt. "I've been up since, Daniel rung me. He wants to know what you've done with his car."

Jack looks down the drive, to see Daniel car abandon there.

Jack: "Well, he can pick it up himself" He turns back to her. "Where are your bags?"

She disappears, and comes back with two suitcases.

Jack: "What the hell are you taking? The kitchen sink and the bath tub?" Sam: "No, I've got weapons in this one and clothes in this one" Jack: "Yeah, right. I've got a bag with the weapons in" Sam: "Well, at least were prepare"

She smiles and hands them to him. He picks them up, and suddenly drops to the floor. Sam starts laughing.

Sam: "There not my bags" She opens the closet and pulls out a gym bag. "They've got bricks in them" Jack: "Your funny, you know that. You're really funny"

He shakes his head, and snatches the bag off her. He stomps off back to the truck, leaving her to lock up. He throws it into the back, and jumps in. He watches Sam, drag the bags back into the house and then locks the door. She turns round, with a big grin on her face. He starts the engine, and puts it in drive.

Jack: "Two can play at that game"

She reaches out, for the door handle. The truck moves forward, leaving her standing there. She stands there, and places her hands on her waist. He reverse's back, and smiles at her.

Jack: "Now, who's the funny one?"

She reaches out for the door, she stops and wait's a minute.

Sam: "Have you finish playing around? Can I get in?" Jack: "Yeah, come on"

She gets in, and closes the door.

Jack: "Hold on, a minute. I forgot something" Sam: "What?"

He leans over, and kisses her on the cheek. Sam: "What was that for?"
Jack: "Nothing really"
Sam: "Oh, right. Hold on, a minute"

She leans over and kisses him on the cheek.

Jack: "Are we going too kept doing this, all morning or are we going to California, where we can do a lot more?" Sam: "What we waiting for then? Move it!" Jack: "Yes, ma'am"

He puts the truck in drive, and speeds off down the road.

They pull up, in the military airports car park. Jack turns the engine off, and gets out. An airman comes over, with a trolley.

Airman: "Colonel O'Neill?"
Jack: "Yeah, there's one in the back, and I'll get the other two for you"

The airman nods his head, and goes to the back of the truck. Sam appears the other side, and stretches her arms over the bonnet of the car.

Sam: "How long till we take off?"
Airman: "Your flight is schedule to take off, in 20 mins, ma'am" Jack: "See I told you, we'd make it on time"

She sticks her tongue out at him, and puts her sunglasses on. He shakes his head, and drops the two bags on the trolley. The airman watches Sam, walk off towards the plane. Jack notices him, watching her.

Jack: "I wouldn't if I was you. The last time, a man look at her in the wrong way, they were shot where they stood" He pulls his sleeve on his T-shirt up, and shows him his newly mended wound. "Take it from someone, who knows" Airman: "Yes, sir. Thanks for the advice"

The airman rushes off past Sam; Sam watches him and then looks at Jack. Jack slips his sunglasses on and catches up with her.

Sam: "What's up with him?"
Jack: "I don't know"

They go in the direction, the airman disappear off to. As they turn the corner, they came face to face, with their transportation. The airman walks down the ramp, and stood waiting at the base of the ramp. Jack walks up into the plane, leaving Sam following. She looks at the airman, and smiles. He quickly turns and runs off. Sam frowns and shrugs her shoulders.

Sam couldn't read anymore of her book. She places her book down on her lap. She looks at Jack, he'd fallen a sleep when they took off. He looks so peaceful, he was breathing quietly. It looks as if he was dead, but that was probably trained into him over the years. She wipes the stray hair, off his forehead.

Jack: "Are we there yet?"
Sam: "Nearly, another 10mins"

He opens his eyes, he looks round and stretches. Sam puts her book back in her bag, and stands up. The plane suddenly shakes; Sam falls down on to Jack.

Jack: He whispers. "Can't you wait, till were in the hotel?"

She gives him a playful hit on the shoulder. He cringes and presses his hand on his shoulder. She realizes that she hit him, in his bad shoulder.

Sam: "I'm so sorry; I forgot that was your bad shoulder" Jack: "You're not the only one"

The cockpit door opens, and co-pilot comes out.

Co-pilot: "Sorry folks, about the turbulence. We've arrived early, and are preparing to land. If you could be seated, seat belt yourselves in and we'll get the show on the road" Jack: "You heard the man, Carter"
Sam: "Yes, sir"

She gets into her seat, and seat belts herself in. She nods her head to Jack; he looks at the Co-pilot and nods his head. The Co-pilot goes back into the cockpit, closing the door behind him.

Jack: "That snakehead, has no idea who he's going to be dealing with" Sam: "Yeah, that's if we find him or he exists"

They feel the plane, begin its descent.

Sam: "I always enjoy landing"
Jack: "Yeah, well. I enjoy being in controlled, so I'm not enjoying this"

She shakes her head; she hears the landing gear being lower and feels the nose of the plane, begins to rise. She looks over at Jack, he looks nervous and a little quinsy. He notices her watching him.

Jack: "Bad experience once, crash landed behind enemy lines"

She looks away from him, and then shakes her head. They land; she could feel the brakes slowing them down. The plane comes to a halt; Jack undoes his belt and quickly stands up.

Jack: "Right, now let's get out of here. We've got a lot to do" Sam: "Yeah, right"

She undoes her seatbelt, and grabs her bag. Sam leads the way off the plane, with Jack following her. Another airman was waiting at the base of the ramp.

Airman: "Colonel O'Neill?"
Jack: "Yeah"
Airman: "Sir, your car is over here. Here is your hotel details, money and mission details. Is there anything you need?" Jack: "No, just give the Intel to Carter and give me the money"

The airman hands the information to Sam and the money to Jack. He stuffs it into his jacket pocket, and walks off towards the car park. Sam smiles at the airman, and follows Jack. She catches up to him, as he enters the car park.

Jack: "So, which is our car?"

She opens the information packet and takes the keys out. The tag on the key ring read, 'Ford focus'. She looks up, and then scans the car park. Jack looks down at the tag, and starts mumbling.

Jack: "Bloody British cars now. Why can't we have a Hubbee?"

Sam spots the car, and starts to walk towards it. She hears Jack following her, still mumbling to himself. She presses the button on the key, and the doors open. She opens the boot, and drops her bag in. She waits for Jack to put his in, and then closes the door. Jack gets in the passenger side, and starts playing with the radio. Sam gets in, and repositions the driver seat. It must have been someone tall, because the seat was right back. She turns the engine over, and it roar into life. The engine sounds great, she notice it was a manual and sigh.

Jack: "What's up, Sam? Never driven a manual?"

She puts it into reverse, and quickly backs out. She puts it into first, and screeches off to the exit. Jack quickly puts his seat belt on, and holds onto the door handle. She hands him the information packet.

Sam: "What hotel, are we going to?"

Jack takes the papers out, and starts reading them.

Jack: "Em...The Grand. Wow, Hammond really went the full works. Were booked under, Mr. and Mrs. O'Neill"

Sam smiles, and pulls out onto the road. She hears Jack start laughing.

Sam: "What?"
Jack: "It's just, if he only knew"
Sam: "Yeah. Well, don't get making plans yet. We've got a job to do first" Jack: "Were in the...Honeymoon suite"

Sam starts giggling, and quickly glances at Jack. He was grins at her, and looks back at the papers in front of him.

It didn't take them long to get to the hotel, especially when Sam was started to get used, to handling the car. They pull up outside the hotel. Jack touches her leg, and she looks at him.

Jack: "Come on, Sammy. Time to start acting husband and wife" Sam: "We don't need to act, do we?"

She wraps a hand around his neck, and pulls him towards her. She gently kisses him; he kisses her back and wraps an arm around her waist. She pulls away, and gets out.

Jack: "I was enjoying that"
Sam: "Come on, honey. Time to check in"

He gets out of the car, to find the bus boy getting the bags out of the boot. He closes the boot, and the car was driven away. Sam was waiting on the steps, she looks amazing but she always did, even in her BDU's. He steps up the steps next to her, and took her hand in his. He smiles at her, and she smiles back. They step up together into the lobby. There weren't many in the lobby, but they could see people in the restaurant. They stop at reception; there was no sign of the receptionist. Jack slips his hand around Sam's waist, as he leans on the counter.

Sam: "You could always ring the bell"
Jack: "Why would I want to do that? When we have all the time in the world, Mrs. O'Neill"

The door opens behind the reception desk, a little man with glasses on, appears. Jack looks at him, and then back at Sam.

Jack: "I told you, Daniel gets everywhere"

She starts giggling, and gives him a play shove. The man behind the desk sits down on a stool.

Derek: "Hello, my name is Derek. How may I be of assistance?" Jack: "Em...you have reservations for Mr. and Mrs. O'Neill?"

He looks down at the book in front of him, and looks down the page with his finger.

Derek: "Yes, the honeymoon suite. Congratulations, sir and ma'am" Jack: "Thanks"

Derek turns round, and grabs the card out of the box. He turns round and hands the card to the bus boy.

Derek: "Take their bags, up to the honeymoon suite" Bus boy: "Yes, sir. If you would like to follow me" Derek: "Mr. O'Neill, would you please sign the book please" Jack: "Sure"

Jack takes the pen out of the holder, and signs. He feels Sam, put her hand in his back pocket. He puts the pen back in the holder, and smiles at Derek. He turns and puts his arm around Sam's shoulders.

Jack: "Lead the way"
Andy: "Andy, sir"
Jack: "Well, lead the way, Andy"

He leads them into the elevator; he waits for them to enter and presses a button. The elevator started to climb upwards. The doors open, and Andy quickly makes his way to the Honeymoon suite door. He open the door, Jack and Sam slowly follow him. He places their bags next to the bed, and waits for them to come in. Sam goes to window and looks at their view, Jack gives Andy some money and he leaves, closes the door behind. Jack drops onto the bed, he bounces right back off onto the floor. Sam turns round and bursts out laughing. Jack presses his shoulder and leg.

Jack: "Ouch...pain...ouch" He slowly gets up, and climbs onto the bed. "I'm warning you now, this bed is extremely bouncy" Sam: "Good"

She makes her way to the bed, and sits down next to him. She kisses him on the cheek, and then on the lips. Jack slowly wraps his arms around her, and pulls her towards him. She pulls away, quickly grabs her bag and runs into the bathroom. She shuts the door, and locks it.

Jack: "What the hell just happen?"
Sam: "Well, we might as well unpack and have a quick look around. For this so called snakehead" Jack: "Oh, right. Yeah, okay"

He picks up his suitcase, and opens it out on the bed. He opens the draw next to the bed, and starts placing his clothes inside. He shuts the suitcase, and puts it next to the door. He opens the other suitcase, on the bed. He takes the weapons out, and lines them up on the bed. He hears the bathroom door unlock, and open. He takes a quick glance; he was surprise to see she had got changed, into a pair of combat shorts and a strap top. He couldn't take his eyes off her.

Sam: "What?"
Jack: "Nothing, just taking in the sights"

She comes over to the bed, and picks up a handgun. She takes the clip out, and puts it back in. She places it back on the bed.

Sam: "Where's that envelop?"
Jack: "Em...in my pocket"

He pulls out information packet; he gives it to her and smiles at her. She drops down onto the other side of the bed; she bounces off and lands on the floor. Jack bursts out laughing; he clutches his stomach with his arms. Sam gets up, she's bright red and her hair is mess up. She picks the packet up, and carefully sits down. Jack manages to stop laughing, and carries on sorting the weapons out.

Sam: "They've got a picture of the so called, snakehead"

She shows it to him; she could see he was trying to keep himself from laughing. He picks up a Zac, and puts it back into the suitcase.

Jack: "Well, as long as I don't get shot, or you, I'll be happy as pie" Sam: "Well, when your finish with putting those away. We can go for little recon" Jack: "Sweet"

Sam sat at a coffee bar, across from where the sighting was. Jack was over there, asking the women, who own the stall, questions about the sighting. He was making his way, back over to the coffee shop. `God, he looks good in jeans'. He sits down beside her, and places his mobile on the table. A waitress comes over.

Waitress: "What would you like, sir?"
Jack: "Coffee, black and two sugars"

She nods her head, and disappears.

Sam: "So, what did you find out?"
Jack: "She said the man was acting strangely. But she's a bit not with it, either. She said, he was looking at her stall, his kid started moaning and then he told the child off. He turns to face her, and his eyes glow" Sam: "He's got a kid"

The waitress places the coffee on the table.

Waitress: "Anything else, sir?"
Jack: "No, thanks"

She wanders off, to annoy another customer. Sam moves closer, so not to be over heard.

Sam: "You know there, is a possibility, it could be a Tok'ra" Jack: "I never thought of that"
Sam: "Well, could you really see, a Gould walking round here, with a kid and not try to take over the world?" Jack: "Okay, made your point"

Sam looks at the people walking past, all of them strangers, who have no idea, what was out there? The threat they had to deal with everyday. Someone caught her eye, he was waving at her. Hold on, who he is talking to. It's Daniel, and he was coming over to them. Someone was following him, it was Teal'c. She taps Jack on the arm, and points at Daniel and Teal'c. He looks up, and sees Daniel and Teal'c. Suddenly, his head drops onto the table, no; he was banging his head off the table.

Daniel: "Hey guys. Fancy seeing you two here" Sam: "Daniel, what are you doing here?" Daniel: "Em...well, you see, my mission with SG-9 was cancel. So Hammond sent us to join you" Jack: "Well, we don't need your help. Just go back, from where ever you came from" Teal'c: "Daniel Jackson, I told you, they would not appreciate our un-requested assistance" Daniel: "Yeah, but how come they get to have all the fun?"

Jack raises his head, looks at Sam and then back at Daniel. A grin forms on his lips, as he crosses his arms in front of him.

Jack: "Actually, Danny. We do need your help" Daniel: "Huh?"
Sam: "You what?"
Jack: "We need you and Teal'c, to...em...do some surveillance for us. You know, find him, work out his daily routine and when would be a good time to snatch him?" Daniel: "We can do that. You got a picture"

Jack digs it out of his pocket, and gives it to them.

Jack: "We'll be seeing if there's been anymore sighting" Daniel: "When we find him, how do we get in contact?" Jack: "I've got my mobile"
Daniel: "Good, well, we better get started. Come Teal'c, let's go find our needle"

Daniel walk off examines the photo, Teal'c bows his head and follows the good Doctor. Sam punches him in the arm; he looks at her and rubs his arm.

Jack: "Ouch!"
Sam: "What you do that for?"
Jack: "Well, while they go looking for snakehead, we could be getting on with our little vacation"

The frown on her face slowly fades away as she realizes what he did.

Sam: "Well, well. We are sneaky"
Jack: "How else did you think I became Colonel? Charm doesn't always work, specially when it's a male officer, your sucking up to" Sam: "Hold on, what charm?"

He gives her a playful shove, she goes to shove him back, but he catches her arm. He pulls her towards him; they were close enough to feel each others breath on their faces. He kisses her gently; she places her hand on his lap and leans closer towards him. He breaks away, gets his wallet out and places some money on the table. He stands up, and pulls her up.

Jack: "Come on, Mrs. O'Neill. We have a bedroom waiting for us" Sam: "Oh, Mr. O'Neill. Take me to our a waiting bedroom" Jack: "God, we sound pathetic"

She grins, and leaves the table. Jack catches up with her, and puts his arm around her waist.

Daniel and Teal'c had been driving around looking for this guy's house. They gone to the local police station, and got his address from there. Good thing about the new system. He stops across the street, from the guy's house. Teal'c points at the children, playing on the front garden. Daniel shakes his head, and gets his mobile out. He dials Jack's mobile, it takes a while for Jack to answer.

Jack: (He sounds out of breath) "O'Neill" Daniel: "Jack?"
Jack: "Oh, Daniel. I'm kind of in the middle of something" Daniel: "What?"
Jack: "I can't really talk about it, I'll called you back, when were...I mean, when I'm finish" Daniel: "Okay, well, make it quick, it's important" Jack: "Oh, Danny boy. Don't ever waste a good thing"

Daniel heard laughter in the back ground, and then Jack put the phone down. Daniel puts his phone away, and rubs his face.

Teal'c: "What did O'Neill say?"
Daniel: "He's busy with something or someone" Teal'c: "Oh, right"

A man comes out the side gate.

Daniel: "There he is why would a Gould have children?" Teal'c: "They wouldn't, Gould can not stand there children. That is why they don't have children and because of the knowledge they would pass on" Daniel: "There is another possibility"
Teal'c: "What is that, Daniel Jackson?" Daniel: "Well, it could be a Tok'ra"
Teal'c: "That could be possible"

They watch the man, playing with his children. He was wrestling with his children, but making sure not to hurt them. The phone starts to ring, Daniel answer the phone in an instinct.

Daniel: "Daniel Jackson"
Sam: "Hi Daniel. What did you want?"
Daniel: "Sam. Where's Jack?"
Sam: "Hold on, he's coming"
Jack: "Okay, Danny boy. Am listening"
Daniel: "What have you two been up too?" Jack: "Nothing"
Daniel: "Yeah, right"
Jack: "Daniel!"
Daniel: "Well, we've found him. He's across the street from us. He's playing with his kids" Jack: "Doesn't sound like a Gould to me" Daniel: "I defiantly think, were not dealing with a Gould, but with a Tok'ra" Jack: "Okay, meet us back at the hotel, in the restaurant. We'll be in there waiting" Daniel: "Jack, can I ask you something?" Jack: "Go a head"
Daniel: "Did you and Sam, you know?"
Jack: "Em...I will not answer that question, because it may lead to further injuries" Daniel: "See ya in a minute"
Jack: "Yeah. See ya later"

Daniel puts the phone in his pocket.

Daniel: "I knew they would"
Teal'c: "Daniel Jackson?"
Daniel: "Never mind. Were meeting up at the hotel"

Daniel starts the engine, and drives off slowly.

Jack and Sam were waiting in the restaurant. Sam holds Jack's hand on the table. She was on a buzz; she couldn't believe how good he was. They spend nearly two hours in that room and probably, would still be there. If Daniel hadn't have rung, while they were in the...middle of something, as he dub it. He squeeze her hand, she looks up at him. He was grinning, he lets go of her hand, she looks up and sees Daniel and Teal'c sit down at the table. Jack lends forward onto the table.

Jack: "Well, what's his name?"
Daniel: "According to the police records, his name is David Elletek" Sam: "Sounds familiar"
Jack: "What? Do you think Jollinar knew him?" Sam: "It could be possible. She'd been alive for centuries" Teal'c: "Should we not contact the Tok'ra, and ask them? They might know who he is" Jack: "I'll go give Hammond, a ring" He leans over to Sam. "When they come to take the order, I'll have the same as you"

He gets up, and walks off into the lobby. Daniel leans back in his chair; he crosses his arms across his chest and smiles at her.

Sam: "What?"
Daniel: "Have a good work out?"
Sam: "What?"
Daniel: "A good time in the sack?"
Sam: "Daniel?!"
Daniel: "What?"
Sam: "Shut up!"

The waiter comes to the table.

Waiter: "Have we decided what we will be having?" Sam: "Em...I'll have a 9oz streak, medium to well done" Waiter: "And your husband?"
Sam: "The same"
Waiter: "Will you friends be joining you?" Sam: "Em...yeah"
Waiter: "What would you like, sirs?"
Daniel: "I'll have the same"
Teal'c: "I will as well"
Waiter: "Very well, sirs. Would you like any drinks?" Daniel: "I'll have a beer"
Teal'c: "Water"

The waiter nods his head, and disappears off into the kitchen. Jack comes back from the lobby; he sits down and takes a sip of his beer.

Jack: "Hammond's going to contract the Tok'ra as soon as poss. He says we should still keep watching him" Sam: "I hope they don't send my dad"
Daniel: "It'll most likely be your dad. He'll fit in more easily" Jack: "Clever boy, we are starting to form a military mind. There`s hope for him still"

The waiter returns with Daniel and Teal'c's drinks. He places them on the table. Jack quickly finishes his drink.

Jack: "Can I have another beer, please?" Waiter: "Certainly, sir"

He goes off again, but quickly returns with Jack's drink. He places it on the table, and goes off to see to his other tables.

Daniel: "Work up a thirst, have we?"

Sam kicks him under the table; he jumps up and bangs his knee off the table.

Daniel: "Ow...what'd you do that for?"
Sam: "What? I didn't do anything"

Daniel rubs his leg, under the table. Jack took a sip of his beer; there was no way he was going to intervene. Teal'c watches the waiter approach with the food.

Teal'c: "Are food is coming"

Jack sits up, and rubs his hands together.

Daniel: "Must have worked up, an appetite as well"

Sam and Jack both kick him; he jumps up in his seat again and smacks both his knees off the table.

Daniel: "Okay, okay. God, just both of you, stop kicking me" Jack: "What are you on about? I haven't touch you" Sam: "Neither have I"

The waiter places their meals in front of them.

Waiter: "Will there be anything else?"
Jack: "Em....no thanks. Were fine for now"

The waiter leaves them to their meal.

Jack: "So, where does this guy live? Close I hope" Daniel: "Not far, about 5 miles from here" Jack: "We'll head over there, after dinner. It`ll only takes us two, so Carter and Teal`c can do whatever they want"

The phone starts ringing; Jack drops his knife and fork and answers the phone.

Jack: "O'Neill"
Hammond: "Hi Colonel. I've talked with the Tok'ra, there sending Jacob. He should be there tomorrow, about 1100hrs"

Jack looks at his watch, and then at Sam.

Jack: "Right, sir. Daniel and I will meet him, at the airport this side" Hammond: "Good, is everything going well?" Jack: "Everything just peachy, sir"
Hammond: "Good, report to me, when you pick Jacob up" Jack: "Yes, sir. Bye"

Jack puts the phone down, and starts eating his dinner again. The others watch Jack, waiting for him to say something. He looks up at them.

Jack: "What?"
Sam: "What did Hammond say?"
Jack: "Oh, just that your dad coming"
Sam: "Really? Oh, great"
Daniel: "Well, you sound happy. I'm getting the feeling, you don't want him here"

She kicks him again.

Daniel: "You can kick me all you want, it's gone numb there" Jack: "Children, let's be serious for a moment. Sam...Carter booked your dad a room. Daniel shut up, or you'll get what's coming. Teal'c....just be Teal'c"

Teal'c bows his head, and smiles. The man was smiling.

Jack and Daniel were sat waiting in the car, for Jacob. His plane had just landed, and should be with them in a minute. Jack was uneasy, was nervous and not sure if he should tell Jacob, and about him and Sam. But he should let Sam do that, it'll give him sometime to sort his will out and the funeral arrangements. Daniel taps him on the arm, and points to a figure walking towards them. They both get out, and walk towards him.

Jacob: "Jack. Daniel"
Jack: "Hey, Jacob. Hope we didn't interrupt, something that you could tell us about" Jacob: "No, I was just recouping from my mission" Daniel: "Hi Jacob"
Jacob: "How's Sam?"

Jacob hands Daniel his bag, and follows them to the car. Jack goes quiet, trying to keep his face hidden from Jacob.

Daniel: "She's fine. She's got a secret boyfriend, she's not telling us about"

Jack quickly gets into the car. `I'm going to kill that son-of-a-bitch'. Jacob climbs into the back, Daniel puts the bag in the boot and Jack starts the car. Daniel goes to open the passenger door, but Jack drives off leaving him there. Jacob looks at Daniel through the back window.

Jacob: "Em...Jack! You kind of left, one of your team mates back there" Jack: "He's....got other things to do"
Jacob: "So, where's this Gould with kids?" Jack: "Sam...I mean, Carter thinks he may be a Tok'ra, and I agreed with her" Jacob: "Could be, Gould aren't too happy with kids. Don't really get a long"

Jack doesn't reply and concentrates on driving. He felt bad about leaving Daniel, at the military airport, but he shouldn't have said what he said. He pulls up, in front of the hotel. Jacob and he get out, the porter grabs Jacob bag out the back and the vela takes the car. Jacob gives Jack a friendly pat on the back.

Jacob: "I wonder who Sam's boyfriend is." Jack: "I really no idea"
Jacob: "I would have thought she tell you guys" Jack: "Honestly Jacob, I don't know! She won't tell us" Jacob: "Okay, Jack. Calm down"

They enter the lobby; Teal'c was stood waiting by the reception desk.

Jack: "Teal'c, where's Carter?"
Teal'c: "She is your room"
Jack: "Okay, when Jacob's sign in, bring him to our room and we'll fill him in"

Teal'c nods his head; Jack quickly escapes into the elevator. Jack waited till the doors were fully close, and then he took a couple of deep breath's. The doors open, and Jack runs down the corridor, into there room. Sam was sat watching TV, in her dressing grown and towel neatly wrapped around her head. She looks up, and smiles at him.

Sam: "Hey, Flyboy"
Jack: "Got no time. Dress quickly because your dad's, coming up in a minute"

Sam jumps off the bed, and searches through the draws for some clothes. She pulls on some under and a bra. Jack clasps onto the bed, and bounces off again. Sam stop, looks at him and bursts out laughing.

Jack: "You think I would have learnt by now, not to do that" He looks up at her. "Can't you dress and laugh, at the same time. He's going to be here any minute"

She grabs a pair of shorts, and one of Jack's shirts. She smoothes them down, and carefully sits on the back on the bed. There's a knock at the door, Jack opens the door and joins Sam on the bed. Jacob comes in follow by Teal'c'. Teal'c closes the door, and sits in the chair in the corner. Sam gets up, and gives Jacob a hug.

Jacob: "How's my little girl?"
Sam: "Fine, you?"
Jacob: "I'm okay, and so is Sel'mac"
Jack: "Right, now that's over and done with"

Jack grabs information packet from the side table, and passes it to him.

Jack: "His name is David Elletek"
Sel'mac: "Elletek, he went missing on one of his missions. Many years ago, when Ra still ruled Earth and the Tok'ra were still young" Sam: "So, he's been on earth for all this time" Jacob: "It is possible"
Jack: "So, what we going to do about our little situation?" Jacob: "Well, first we ought to find out, if he really has a symbiote in him" Sam: "Well, we could sense it"
Teal'c: "He will also be able to sense it"

The door opens, and Daniel stomps in. He slams the door shut, and drops onto the bed. He bounces off the bed, which also causes Jack to get bounce off. Jack lands on his leg, and starts groaning. Daniel gets up, and drops into a seat next to Teal'c.

Jack: "Thanks, Daniel. I've done that about...." Sam: "Five times"
Jack: "I've done that five times"

Sam nods her head, and starts blushing, remembering what they had been up the day before. Jack looks at her, and then starts grinning.

Jacob: "Em...sorry, to break your moment. But we need to get things moving. I'm going to have a decent shower, and change clothes. Jack, I want you and Sam, to go check him out. He shouldn't be able to sense, that Sam had Jollinar" They both nod there heads. "Daniel, I've brought...." He looks at Daniel, asleep in his chair. "Never mind, Teal'c, can you go through the books written in Gould. It'll be quicker if you do it" Teal'c nods his head, and follows Jacob out of the room. Teal'c comes back in, and picks Daniel up. He puts Daniel, with no effect on his shoulder and walks back out. He closes the door, leaving them alone together. Sam drops onto the edge of the bed and bounces off. Luckily, Jack catches her in his arms.

Sam: "You think, I would have learnt by now, not to drop on there" Jack: "I think, I said something like that early" Sam: "Great minds think a like"
Jack: "Nah, you're the great one. What we going to do about your dad?" Sam: "I don't know, not yet. Let's just get used to the idea are selves. I mean, it's only been a week" Jack: "Yeah, but we don't have to do the arts si farcies stuff" Sam: "Huh?"
Jack: "I mean, like we were friends, and already knew how we felt about each other. All we really did was take the next step"

Sam nods her head, and goes towards the door. Jack follows her, grabbing his sunglasses, on the way out. He closes the door, behind him and goes to the elevator.

They walk up to the front door, Jack rung the door bell and waited for the door to open. He grabs Sam hand, and pulls her nearer.

Jack: "Follow my lead"

The door opens, and there he stood. David Elletek, he steps forward, into the sunshine.

David: "What can I do for ya?"
Jack: "Em...we've just got marry, you see, and were thinking about moving. Hopefully, to house round this area, and we wanted to know, if it's a good place to raise a family"

He looks a Sam, and then back Jack.

David: "Em...it's a nice neighbor hood. We've lived round here, for about 10 years. Yeah, it would have to be 10 years; my eldest son was born when we moved in" Sam: "Aw, got a picture"

He disappears into the house. Jack nudges her; she looks at him and smiles.

Sam: Whispers "I'm playing along"

He reappears holding a picture frame. He points to the boy, standing next to him, in the picture. Sam nods her head, he place the picture on a side table.

Sam: "Handsome boy"

Jack looks down at his watch, and then turns to Sam.

Jack: "I hate it, when were late. You know how much I hate being late, for appointments" Sam: "Yeah, okay." She talks to David "Thanks for talking with us" David: "Maybe, I'll see you around"
Jack: "You don't know. Bye"
David: "Bye"

He closes the door; Sam and Jack make their way to the car, as quickly as possible. They climb into the car.

Jack: "So? Did you sense anything?"
Sam: "He's defiantly got a symbiote in him" Jack: "Well, let's go report to white chief"

He starts the engine, and puts it into gear.

Daniel woke up, to the noise of the door, being shut. He looks around to see Teal'c reading a book.

Daniel: "Teal'c? What you doing?"
Teal'c: "Translating, Daniel Jackson"

He stands up suddenly, and quickly goes to the door.

Teal'c: "Daniel Jackson, where are you going?" Daniel: "I'm going to try and whoop Jack's butt" Teal'c: "O'Neill and Major Carter are not in their room" Daniel: "Where are they then?"
Teal'c: "They have gone to see, David Elletek"

The door opens and Jacob comes in.

Jacob: "Glad to see your awake"
Daniel: "Yeah, well. I did run up, 20 flights of stairs" Jacob: "Why didn't you, just used the elevator?" Daniel: "I was in a rush"

The door opens; Jack pops his head around the corner.

Jack: "Hello, people"
Jacob: "Your back. So, is he?"
Jack: "Sam...Carter, says he is"
Jacob: "Right" He turns to Daniel "Fancy a drive" Daniel: "Where to?"
Jacob: "To see an old friend, of Sel'mac's" Jack: "What do you want me, to do?"
Jacob: "You might as well, pack up and get ready to leave" Daniel: "Em...Jacob?"
Jacob: "Yeah"
Daniel: "Has anyone thought, that Elletek, might not want to leave his family?" Teal'c: "There is that possibility"
Jacob: "That's why, the high council, has told me to ask him, if he wants to rejoin us, or stay here on earth" Jack: "Guess all the bases, have been covered"

Jack shuts the door, and leaves them to it.

Jack was sat on the bonnet of the car, Sam was leaning on the passenger door and Teal'c was sat in the back seat. Daniel and Jacob had gone to see Elletek that morning; Jacob had rung and told them to go the airport. Jack couldn't believe that, Sam and his little holiday, had been cut short. He so wanted to be back in the hotel, and be back in there room, again. He looks over at her, she was singing along to a song on the radio. Jack slides off the front of the car, and stands in front of her. She looks up at him, and smiles.

Jack: "Fancy a dance?"
Sam: "What? Are you mad?"
Jack: "Yeah" He leans forward, "I'm mad about you"

She gives a playful shove; he smiles at her and leans down to kiss her. She stops him with a hand, to his chest.

Sam: "Em...public place. A military place, and you want to kiss me. Just think for a moment, okay?" Jack: Jack frowns "I'm so going to able to kiss you, wherever I want to and we'll both still be in the military. I promise you that" Sam: "Keep dreaming, Flyboy. The only way that's going to happen. If one of us transfers, and I don't think neither of us wants that?" Jack: "No, but I have an idea"
Sam: "What's that, then?"

He smiles; he taps his noise and goes to walk off. She grabs his arm, and pulls him back.

Sam: "Come on, tell me"
Jack: "Nope. You wouldn't even be able to get it from me, even if you torture me" Sam: "Oh...but I have my own ways, of torture, that you can't even imagine" Jack: "Is that a threat, Major?"
Sam: "Depends, how you take it?"

A car pulls up beside them, Jack turns to see Jacob and Daniel getting out, of there car. Jacob didn't seem happy, but Daniel was smiling his head off. Jack looks at Sam; they look at each other for a few moments, and then look at Jacob.

Jack: "So?"
Jacob: "He's staying on earth, with his family" Sam: "That's good, right?"
Jack: "Hey! That's my line!"
Sam: "Not anymore"

Jack raises his hands up, and walks off to the back of the car. Sam couldn't help but notice, Jacob was watching Jack, like a hawk.

Sam: "Dad?"
Jacob: "Get your bags, were going home"

Sam joins Jack at the back of the car, and grabs her bags, out of the trunk. Jack grabs his bags as well, and locks the car. Jacob, Daniel and Teal'c had already headed to the plane. Sam waited for Jack, and walks with him to the plane.

Jack: "What's up, with dad?"
Sam: "You've notice it"
Jack: "Yeah, he's watching us, right now"

She looks towards the plane, and sure enough, Jacob was waiting at the bottom of the ramp. Sam walks up the ramp, and sits down next to Daniel. Jack sat opposite them, next to Teal'c.

Jack was grateful the plane journey was over, and now he could go home. But the one disappointing thing was Sam couldn't come with him. He watches her start walking towards his truck. He smiles at her, and she smiles back. Jack saw Jacob out the corner of his eye.

Jack: "Carter, like a lift home?"

He signals with his head, towards Jacob, who was watching them. Sam nods her head, and looks at Jacob.

Sam: "Dad, the colonel's going to drop me off at home. Daniels going to take you back to the base, with Teal'c. I'll see you tomorrow" Jacob: "Yeah, okay" He looks at Jack "Drive carefully, Jack. You've got my little girl there" Jack: "I will. I'll even make sure, she gets to door alright"

Sam throws her bag in the back, and opens the passenger door. Jack smiles at her.

Jack: "And then I'll make sure, she gets to bed safely"

She smiles at him, and gets in. Jack gives a little salute to Jacob, and gets in himself. He gets the keys out of his pockets, and starts his truck up. Sam waves to Jacob, as they pull away and out of the car park.

When they got on the highway, Jack couldn't help but smile. Sam was a sleep next to him, and there was no one around for miles. It was really late, and hardly anyone was on the highway. He turns the radio on, the presenter was babbling to one of the callers. He changes stations; he came across one, that wasn't playing the mumble jumble stuff they played nowadays. If he remembers right, it was Pasty Cline. He didn't really like Pasty Cline, and he was going to start liking her now. He turns the CD player on, luckily, he remember to put Meat Loaf in, before he left the house. The music begins to play; it was one of his favorites, `Two Out of Three Ain't Bad'. He could hear Sam, starting to stir. He turns the CD player down, and goes back to concentrating on driving. Sam leans forward in her seat, and wipes her eyes. She looks out on the road, and then at Jack.

Sam: "Where you going?"
Jack: "Em...home"
Sam: "Which one?"
Jack: "Em...the closes one"
Sam: "Well, my house was the closes, and we would have been at my house, already" Jack: "Em...is it? Really, I thought mind was closes" Sam: "well, if it was, we'd already be there"

Jack smiles at her, and then looks back, out the front. He pulls down the slip road, and turns towards the direction of the house.

It didn't take them long, to get to Jack's house. The street was so quite, it must have been a sin or something, to ruin it. Jack pulls up his drive, and turns the engine off. They get out, they grab their bags and head up to the house. Jack unlocks the front door, opens it and steps in side. The house was peaceful, and warm. He drops his bags at the bottom, of the stairs and goes into the kitchen. Sam does the same, and joins him in the kitchen. He was fumbling around in the fridge.

Jack: "Got it!"

He comes out of the fridge, and closes it. He places a bottle of wine, on the kitchen counter. He takes the wrapping from around the top of the bottle, and undos the lit. He opens a cabernet and retrievers two wine glasses. He pours himself a drink, and Sam a drink. He hands her a glass, and goes off into the living room. Sam was starting to feel hungry.

Sam: "Jack? Got any fodd?"
Jack: "Have a look in the cupboards, or the fridge. But if there's nothing that you fancy, we can order in?" Sam: "Thanks"

She starts opening cupboards, and searching through them. Finally, she comes across, a bag of chips. She takes it out, she grabs a bowl off the draining board, and fills it with chips. She could hear music, begin to play. She picks up the bowl and her drink, and heads into the living room. Jack was looking a book, and sipping on his glass. She sits down beside him, and offers him a chip.

Jack: "Nah, watching my waist line"

She starts giggling, she looks over his shoulder, at what he was reading. She knew it quite well, it was the Air Forces rule book.

Sam: "Jack? What are you doing, with that?" Jack: "Well, I was thinking on the flight, and I remember, that they couldn't move a couple, if it would disrupt the workings, of the base" Sam: "What are you planning?"
Jack: "I don't know, it's a stupid thought"

He closes the book, and leans back into the couch. She leans against him, resting the chip bowl, on her lap. She looks at him; he must have been a lot lately. He's looking at something on the mantle; she glances over to it and sees a picture of them, SG-1. It must have been taken after there mission, to Chulak.

Jack: "We need to go to Vegas. We need to go, Right now!" Sam: "What?"

He jumps off the couch and crosses to the door. She stands up, and slowly goes over to him. He was picking up, his bags and hers. He tries to open the door, but when he opens it, he shuts it straight afterwards.

Sam: "We can't go; we've got work in the morning"

He stops and looks at her; he drops the bags and grabs her hand. He pulls her out of the door, and towards the truck, park in the driveway. She tries to pull away from him, he was acting erratic.

Jack: "We can catch a flight now, and be back by the morning" Sam: "STOP! STOP! Will you, just Stop!"

He stops and faces her; she could see he was nervous.

Sam: "If we do this, I'll be move from your team. Ever thought of that?" Jack: "If it messes with the running of my team, they won't move you" Sam: "Guess you did. We can't go anyway...em...I'm tired. You're tired, you're not thinking with a straight head" Jack: "Sam, I was a sleep all the way back, from California" Sam: "We've got a meeting at 0600hrs, and it's...! She looks at her watch "its 2330hrs now" Jack: "Who says were catching, a commercial flight?" Sam: "We can't just take a plane, we'll get court-martial for that, instead of being court-martial for being marry"

Jack drops his head; he looks back up at her and starts pulling towards the truck again. She pulls back; she manages to free her hand. She rubs it, from all the pressure he been putting on her hand. He reaches for her hand again; she pulls her hands out of reach.

Sam: "I don't need you to pull me. I can get there myself"

He smiles at her, he runs round the truck and gets in the drivers seat. Sam shakes her head, as she gets in. The engine roars into life, and they were on there way.

Janet looks up at the clock on the wall; Sam was late for there morning breakfast. It wasn't like her; she always liked to be on time and curse herself for it. She looks down at her breakfast in front of her; a hand taps her on the shoulder. She looks round to see Daniel; she was hoping it was Sam. He smiles at her, and sits down, opposite her. He looks round, and then back at Janet.

Daniel: "She did the same to you, too?" Janet: "Why? Colonel hasn't turned up?"

Daniel shakes his head, while taking a sip from his coffee. Janet starts buttering her toast, she might as well have her breakfast, and even if it wasn't in the company she wanted. But Daniel was good company anyway. Daniel looks at something behind Janet; she turns her seat to see General Hammond, coming towards them.

Hammond: "You haven't seen either, Colonel O'Neill or Major Carter? Have you?" Daniel: "We were suppose to have breakfast this morning, but they haven't turned up. They haven't ringed in?" Hammond: "No, how did they get home yesterday, from the airport?" Daniel: "Jack drove Sam home, in his truck. Why?" Hammond: "One of the planes, at the airport, was stolen or taken. We haven't been able to and it, because whoever it is turn its transmitted off" Janet: "I'll go give Sam a bell"

She tries to stand up, Hammond rests a hand on her shoulder and she stops. She looks up, to see him shaking his head. She seats back down, and looks at Daniel. She starting to worrier and she could see Daniel was too.

Hammond: "They might be stuck in traffic. If their not here by the de-brief, I want you both to go round to their houses" Daniel: "Sure thing"

Hammond turns on his heels, and left the commissary. Daniel looks at Janet, and she looks right back at him.

Daniel: "Where the hell, could they both be? Do you have any ideas?" Janet: "No. But knowing them two, where ever the other went, the went as well" Daniel: "I have a feeling, that the plane that was took last night, was them"

Janet takes a bite out of her toast; the butter ran off the slice and went on the table. Daniel was on hand, and was already clearing it up.

Daniel sat in his usual seat, next to where Jack should have been seated already. He looks across the table, to where Sam should have been seated. Teal'c was sat there, staring into nothing as usual. He hears a door unclick; he looks to see Hammond come in. Hammond didn't look too happy; he pulls his seat out and sits down. He looks at his watch, and then at Daniel and Teal'c. Hammond pulls himself towards the table.

Hammond: "Where the hell, are they?"

The door bursts open, and they both come running in. Jack stops and takes a deep breath. Sam comes to stand next to him, resting a hand on his shoulder; she leans over and takes a deep breath.

Jack: "I told you, we'd be on time" Hammond: "Colonel! You better have a good explanation for this, or you'll wish, you hadn't bother coming in"

Jack nods his head, he pulls Sam's seat out for her and runs round the table, sits down in his own chair. Sam leans forward onto the table, resting her head on her arms. Jack leans back into the sit, taking deep breaths. Daniel looks at them, wondering why the hell they would be out of breath. It looks as if they ran down all the stairs, from the surface to here.

Hammond: "Are you going to give us an explanation or not?" Sam: "We had to find a parking spot for the plane, someone had move their plane into ours"

Hammond frowns at her, and then looks at Jack. He nods his head, and leans forward onto table.

Jack: "I think we should begin from the beginning"

He looks to Sam, as if asking for her permission to carry on. She nods her head, and leans back into her seat.

Jack: "Right, em...Major Carter and I...have...have been...em...we've...err" Sam: "Been seeing one another"
Hammond: "YOU WHAT?! YOU'VE BEEN DOING WHAT?" Jack: "Sir, you better calm down. You don't want to have a heart attack, or anything. You know at your age and all" Hammond: "CALM DOWN! CALM DOWN! Colonel! I'm calm, if I weren't you already be in a holding cell! The both of you would be in one!" Daniel: "Sir, let them carry on"

Hammond nods his head, but really didn't want to hear this. Jacob comes into the room; he closes the door behind him and he sits down next to Teal'c. He nods to them all, and pours himself a glass of water. Jack moves his chair more towards Hammond. Sam smiles at him, she so wanted to reach for him, to give him a reassuring squeeze of his hand.

Jack: "Em...can we carry this on, somewhere else?" Hammond: "I think, that would better son" He stands up, Jack jumps up and stands immediately behind him. "Major Carter, stay here. We'll be back in a minute"

He turns round, almost tripping over Jack's feet. He manages to get his balance; he pushes Jack towards his office and closes the door. Jacob looks at the close door, and shrugs. He looks at the others, Sam was tense, Daniel was just sitting there and Teal'c was...Teal'c.

Jacob: "So, what's happening? What's Jack done, now?" Sam: "Em...not a lot"
Daniel: "Stolen a plane"
Jacob: "Why?"
Sam: "He fancied, going to Vegas. So, we went" Jacob: "Both of you?"
Sam: "Yep, who do think did the navigating?"

They could hear shouting, coming from Hammond's office. But it wasn't Hammond voice, it was Jack's. Through the window, they could see him waving his arms around and banging his fists off the table.

Daniel: "Okay, things aren't going well in there" Sam: "I just hope, he doesn't really lose it in there. Then there'll be three things he can be brought up on charges for"

The door bursts open, and Jack stomps off down the stairs, into the control room. Hammond comes out; he watches Jack go down the stairs and sits down at the table. Sam starts to get up, but Hammond grabs her hand.

Hammond: "Let him calm down first. He'll be back in minute"

Sam sits down, Jacob was confused. He looks to Daniel, for answers, but he just shakes his head.

Hammond: "Let's get started. We'll start with Major Carter" Sam: "Em...we went to where the sighting was, and ask around. We hadn't really got very far, and Daniel and Teal'c turn up. Colonel O'Neill...told them to go find out the man's name and address, while we question a few more witnesses" Hammond: "Dr Jackson?"
Daniel: "Em...we took the photo to the local police station. They did a search, and came up with a... David Elletek. We went to his address, and watch him for a while. Then we went to the Hotel, and told Jack...about, what we found" Teal'c: "Then he rang you, General Hammond. O'Neill and Daniel Jackson collected Jacob Carter, from the airport" Jacob: "They pick me up, I took over and sent Sam and Jack to go see, if had symbiote or not? They return and told me that he had one. I sent them to the airport, with Teal'c', while Daniel and I went to talk to him. I spoke him, and I'm respecting his wishes by letting him stay with his family"

Hammond nods his head, and leans onto the table. Sam looks at the stairs, and at the doors, she wanted him to come back in. She wasn't going to face this alone. She looks Daniel briefly; he smiles at her and looks at his hands.

Hammond: "Well, I called that a very successful mission. No one got hurt, everyone came back on time and the problem was sorted"

The bursts open, and Jack throws a book on the table. He circles the table, so he's standing the other end. He leans down onto the table, he was really annoyed and Sam knew it. He gotten this way, when he stop with her, even thou she was struck behind a focus field. He was staring directly at Hammond. Hammond reaches for the book, and flicks to the mark page.

Jack: "657YJ900. Any married couple, can remained together if it would have great affect, on the operations of the base or team" Hammond: "Yes, son. I know that. But your not..." Jack: "Sir! Actually, we are!" He points to his finger, Hammond looks at Sam's Hand. Her wedding band clearly, visible. "We've been married, for..." He looks at is watch "For about 4 hrs. I have the wedding certificate, and all the legal papers, right here"

He reaches into his top pocket, and throws them down the table, at him. Hammond picks them up; he opens them out and reads them quickly. Hammond folds them back up, and hands them to Sam. Jacob sits there, watching the whole scene unfold and had no idea what was going on.

Jacob: "Would someone, please, tell me, what's going on?" Daniel: "Me, too"
Jack: "Sam and I got married, last...this morning" Daniel: "You what?!"

He stands up, and crosses the room to Jack. He grabs his shirt, and slams him down onto the table. Sam quickly jumps out of her seat and tries to pull him off. It was amazing, how strong he really was.

Jack: "Why the hell, are you trying to strangle me? It should be dad, trying to strangle me" Jacob: "No, no. Daniel's doing a pretty good job; accept he should hold it a bit tighter"

Daniel pulls more of Jack's shirt, around his neck. Daniel looks up at Jacob; Jacob nods his head and sits back, watching him.

Daniel: "I knew one day, you two would get married! BUT I WANTED TO BE THE BEST MAN! NOT A FLAMING ELVIS IMPERSONATOR!" Sam: "Daniel get the hell off him!"

Jack grabs his hand, he find the pressure-point on the top of his hands, and digs his thumbs into both his hands. Daniel immediately lets go of him, Jack sits up and gets off the table. He lets go of one his hands, Daniel stands there trying to free his hand, but everything he does increases the pressure. Daniel drops to his knees, Jack lets go of his hand and turns to Sam.

Jack: "Thanks"

Daniel stands up, cradling his hand. Jacob gets up, and takes a look. Hammond stands up, and goes into his office. Teal'c was still sat in his seat, silent as ever. Jack leans on the stairs railing, trying to catch his breath. Jacob taps him on the shoulder; Jack turns round and faces him. Sam's leaning on the table, watching them.

Jacob: "Jack"
Jack: "Err...yeah, Jacob"

Jacob swings at him, Jack ducks but Jacob catches him right on the chin. Jack loses his balance, goes over the railing backwards. He lands on the stairs below. Sam runs down the stairs. Jack slowly gets up; Sam steadies and leads him back upstairs. They get to the top of the stairs. Jacob stands there, with his arms cross against his chest.

Jack: "If you weren't her father, and a commanding office, I would..." Jacob: "Come on, Jack. Let's see, what you got?" Sam: "Jack, don't bother. He's playing with you"

Jack shakes her arm away, he steps up to Jacob, he looks down at him. Daniel stands between; he places a hand on either one of them.

Daniel: "Hey! Calm down! We should be celebrating, not trying to kill each other" Jack: "I guess you right"

Daniel lowers his hands, he cradles his hand again. Jacob uncrosses his arms; Jack turns to Sam and quickly turns back, connecting his fist precisely with Jacob chin. Jacob flies back on to the table. Teal'c stands up, grabs Jack and walks out with him, over one shoulder. Jacob sits up, rubbing his chin. His lip was bleeding, and a bruise was already forming. Sam shakes her head, and steps forward, taking a look at the cut.

Sel'mac: "I have taken control. Jacob is furious about the news. He wishes you, had told him earlier" Sam: "Yeah, well. I didn't know, we were going to get marry, until last night" Sel'mac: "I understand, I will try to get him to understand"

She smiles at him, the door opens and Hammond comes in. He sits down next to Jacob, on the table.

Hammond: "Well, that's that done"
Sam: "What, sir?"
Hammond: "It official, Colonel O'Neill and Major Carter are a married couple. I didn't changed your last name, might get confusing around here, if I did"

She smiles at him, Daniel steps next to her.

Daniel: "Sorry, for my little out burst. Guess my feelings got the better of me" Jacob: "You and I both. I'm sorry, Sam"

Teal'c comes back in; he sits down and folds his arms. Sam frowns at him, she looks down the corridor and then back at him. Daniel leans down next to him.

Daniel: "What you done with Jack?"
Teal'c: "O'Neill is cooling down"

Down the corridor, they could hear doors slam shut and then someone yelling. Daniel steps out into the corridor, he immediately steps back into the room, and Jack comes in. He was dripping wet, the floor below him was soak and he'd only been standing there a couple of seconds. He stands there staring at Teal'c.

Jack: "Why the hell, did you just shove me, in a bath?" Teal'c: "You needed to cool down"
Jack: "Teal'c! There was a woman in the bath!"

They all started laughing and giggling, Jack stops and looks at them. He soon starts laughing himself. Teal'c sits there watching them, he never understood Tau'ri human, and wasn't even going to try. Hammond gets off the table, and walks over to Jack.

Hammond: "Its official, about you and the Major. You'll be remaining on the same team, unless I see a problem" Jack: "Yes, sir. Thank you, sir"
Hammond: "Yeah, well. Next time, tell me first" Jack: "Yes, sir"

Hammond turns to Jacob, who's still sitting on the table.

Hammond: "Come on, old friend. You drew to gate home" Jacob: "Yeah, okay" He stands up, and gives Sam a hug. "Take care of yourself and don't take any crap from him. I'd swear, if he hurts you. I'll kill him" Sam: "If he hurts me, I'll kill him myself" Jack: "Hey! I'm in the room, you know?" Sam: "Yeah, I know"
Jack: "Just making sure"

Jacob nods his head, and follows Hammond down the stairs. Daniel sits down on the edge of the table. Jack rubs his chin, his lip was bleeding a bit and he has a little blood, coming down his forehead. Sam rubs it off; she checks his head and notices a cut, just in his hair line.

Sam: "You must have cut your head, when you fell over the railing" Daniel: "Yeah, how come you didn't break a bone or something?" Jack: "I'm tough, how to break"
Sam: "Better get Janet, to have a look at that and have a look at Daniel's hand"

They all leave, with Teal'c following them. Jack got a stitch in the cut on his hair line, and Daniel had sprained wrist. They went back to work as normal, as if Bar'tact hadn't interrupted their lives at all.

The End

Feed Back please. Thanks for reading them. I should have some other stories on sooner or later.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Katmellie