Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Operation Belbrate

by Katmellie
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Operation Belbrate

Operation Belbrate

by Katmellie

Title: Operation Belbrate
Author: Katmellie
Email: Katmellie@AOl.com
Category: FutureStory, Humor
Season: any Season
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Summary: There's something weird going on at the SGC, and what the hell is Operation Belbrate?
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Jack was absolutely bored out of his mind, he seen no action for the pass month. Either the Gould had decided to take vacation, or something big was going on, that they were keeping quiet about. He didn't mind that he hadn't seen any action really; for once Daniel had been coming back with no injuries, no addictions and no curses. He hadn't seen any of his team or heard from them, as he been up his cabin for the past week and a bit. But being there didn't stop his wondering. He couldn't stop thinking about her, sat there in her lab, tinkering at some new invention of hers, cursing at it when it wouldn't work, then she would take the Jack O'Neill approach to it and start beating the living daylights out of it. She had dubbed it that, after she once complain about her invention to him, he thought it was good idea at time, to take a hammer to it and see if that persuade it. He chuckles to himself, as he slows down to show his ID badge, to the guard on duty. The guard looks at him, a little surprise to see him. The guard nods his head to him, quickly grabbing the phone in his booth as he watches Jack drive into the car park. Jack frowns at him, shrugging to himself as he pulls up into his spot, next to Carter's bike. He turns the engine off, leaning over to his glove compartment; he pulls out his baseball cap and puts it on. He adjusts it in the mirror, to make sure it was in the right position. He smiles to himself in the mirror, taking the keys out of the ignition as he opens the door. He steps out into the sunshine, looking up into the sky; he couldn't see any clouds for miles. He shuts his door, as he starts towards the elevators; he activates the locking mechanism on his truck. The turning indicates flash at him; he smiles to himself as he slips his keys into his pocket. The elevator doors open, he steps out into the corridor to find hardly anyone. The whole corridor was deserted, the only sound he could hear were the lights above him, humming away to them selves. He shakes his head, turning in the direction of the locker room. He gets half way down the corridor, when the alarms go off and the corridor plunges into darkness. He could hear the intercom come on, as he starts jogging back down the corridor to the elevator. Intercom: 'Operations Belbrate is in commence, all personnel report to Ribbon area. Group evasion you have ago. I repeat, group evasion you have ago'. Jack suddenly stops, frowning to himself as he looks up at the speaker.
Jack: "Operation Belbrate? Group evasion?"

The alarm stops and the lights come back on, as Jack turns back in the direction of the locker room. He makes a mental note in his head, to ask Hammond what the hell was group evasion. Jack shakes his head, turning the corner and coming face to face with Simmons. Simmons jumps back, clutching a box to his chest. Jack looks him up and down, wondering what Simmons was actually doing out of the control room. Simmons looks down the corridor behind him, and then down the corridor behind Jack. Jack glances behind him, to see nothing but an empty corridor. He turns back to face Simmons, but Simmons had disappear off somewhere. He turns round, looking down the corridor, he just came down himself. Absolutely nothing, it was like the man had disappeared into thin air.

Jack: "I knew that guy was weird"

Jack slowly carries on down the corridor, stopping for a moment to open the door to the locker room and then closes it behind him, as he steps inside. There should have at least been, the odd person in here, but there wasn't any living soul in there. He slowly approaches his locker, quickly glancing into the shower room to find no one in there. He shakes his head opening his locker; he takes his hat off, putting it on the top shelf. He shrugs his jacket off; he puts on a hanger and hangs it up, inside his locker. He stops listening for any signs of live, nothing except for sound of his own breathing and the lights above him.

Jack: "Your being silly, Jack"

He sighs to himself, pulling his t-shirt off over his head, and exchanging it for one of his military issue one. He kicks his shoes off, into the bottom of the locker, as he undoes his belt and pants. Taking his uniform pants out the locker, he lays them on the bench as he takes his pants off. Quickly putting his uniform pants on and fastening them into place.

Jack exits the locker room, doing up the buttons on his shirt as he makes his way, back to the elevators. He could hear the sound of feet, pounding down the corridor towards him. He looks up to see Janet running towards him. He smiles at her as he passes her; she grabs his arm pulling off in the opposite direction, towards the infirmary. Jack struggles against her, trying to break out of her grip. But he didn't want to hurt her, so he goes along with her, pulling him down the corridor. She pushes the door open to the infirmary, pulling him inside and shutting the door shut behind him. He looks at her, had she gone completely mental, or was it time for him monthly physical. She looks round the room, as she lets go of his arm and goes into her office. Jack looks round; there was actually no one in the infirmary for once, injured or just normal personnel. He looks into her office; she was on the phone to someone. He steps inside, briefly looking round and then listening to her.

Janet: "Yeah, he's right here. Of course, I'll try and keep him here. Don't start with me. Look, I'm doing you a favor. The evasion team isn't even on this level yet, and he was heading to the elevator. Don't take that tone with me, or I'll give you hell in your next physical" She glances up, noticing he'd enter the room and was listening to her. "Look, just hurry up. Yeah, okay. Bye"

She drops the phone back into its cradle, she takes a deep breathe as she drops back into her seat. Jack watches her, as he takes his own seat, in front of her desk. She rubs her face, as she leans forward onto her desk. She looks at him, wondering what she was going to do with him, to keep him occupied for an hour. She quickly looks round, for something to do and then notices the coffee machine. She smiles at him, as she gets out of her seat and crosses to the coffee pot. Picking up some clean mugs, she pours coffee into both of them.

Janet: "Milk? Sugar?"
Jack: "What's going on? Two sugars, please"

She quickly puts them in, stirring his it as she hands it to him. He takes it from her, nodding his thanks as he takes a sip. She looks at him, then remembering her own drink, she turns back to it. She takes a sip from it, as she sits down in her seat again. He watches her, as she picks up a paper clip and starts bending it. She briefly looks up at him, noticing he was watching her, she returns the paper clip back to her desk.

Jack: "Doc?"

She looks at him, knowing she was about to get interrogated for information. But she had promised them, she wasn't going to break her promise to them, even if he was one of her commanding officers. She had to strong, and stands up to him, well as best as she could before he ordered her. She nods her head to him, for him to continue. He leans forward on his chair, settling himself into a more comfortable position.

Jack: "What's going on?"
Janet: "Erm...not a lot. All my victims have re-covered in record time, sir. Everyone's fit as a fiddle"

He looks at her, that wasn't the answer he wanted, he knew something was up now. She was starting to twitch her fingers together, pulling them in odd directions, when she looks at them. He sits back in his seat, folding his arms in front of his chest. She quickly takes a sip of coffee, but he had to ask a question.

Jack: "Doc, who were you talking to on the phone?" Janet: "Err...Cassie. Yeah, it was Cassie. She's staying at a friend's house, she's a little nervous about being away from home, it being her first time that is" Jack: "Right and she also, has to have a monthly physical?" Janet: "Yeah, of course she does. I can't really take her to the local doctors" Jack: "I thought that thing in her chest had...gone?"

She looks at him; he had a knowing grin on his face. This wasn't working; she would have to do better than this. She takes another sip of her coffee, buying some time to think her next answer out. She could always tell him, someone else was on the phone, but then he would be even more suspicious. She gently places her mug, back down on her desk as she looks at him. He was so smug with himself, sitting there and intimidating her with those eyes of his. Sam was right, about not being able to say no to him.

Janet: "Okay, it wasn't Cassie. It was Major Carter" Jack: "Now, were getting somewhere. Why she want you to keep me here?" Janet: "There's been an accident down on the gate room level. There trying their best to clear it up, but its taking a lot of time. Specially getting all the injured out, before they can clear it up" Jack: "Oh and I can see the infirmary's packed to high heaven, with all the casualties they've got out so far" Janet: "Err...okay, okay. I can't tell you anything, you've just got to stay here"

Jack leans forward in his seat, picking his coffee up from the edge of her desk. He frowns at her, she knew something and it would only take time, but she'll crack under the pressure. He sits back, sipping at his coffee as he thinks up his next approach. He hears someone burst into the infirmary. He looks up at Janet, as she smiles at who ever it was.

Janet: "You took your time"
Sam: "Hey, I just had to run up the stairs" Jack: "Carter"

He didn't even have look at her, but he knew she had her eyes on him. It had come to be second nature to him, he could sense when she'd enter a room, or even predict what she was going to say sometimes. She sits down in the seat next him, looking at him and then at Janet. He quickly glances at her, finishing off the remains of his coffee. Sam and Janet share a look between them, having their own secret conversation with certain looks. He watches them, as he places his mug on the desk. Janet starts shaking her head, and then folds her arms in front of her, as if she took offence to what she had said. Jack couldn't help but grin at them. Sam slowly looks at him, had he caught on to what was going on down in the commissary.

Sam: "Hey, sir. What you doing back so early? You don't normally come back till tonight" Jack: "Is it so wrong for me, to come back in the morning, instead of at night?" Sam: "No, I'm just little surprise to see you, that's all" Jack: "You're not the only one"

She frowns at him, not quite understanding him. She looks at Janet; she just shakes her head as she sits back into her seat. She looks back at Jack; he was getting out of his chair. Sam quickly stands up, blocking his way to the door, before he got away. Jack looks at her, he quickly looks at Janet and then back at Sam. He shakes his head, taking another step towards the door. She stops him by putting a hand on his chest. He looks down at it, slowly following her arm up to her face. He just stares at her, she could feel herself begin to blush, but she had to stand up to him. That look wasn't going to wear her down, not after all the work they had put in that morning.

Jack: "Carter move"
Sam: "Sorry, sir. But I can't do that"
Jack: "You can't or you won't?"
Sam: "Both, sir"

He steps back from her, looking quickly at them both as her word hits him. She was standing up to him; all he wanted to do was to go to the bathroom. It wasn't like, he was going to used his access card, and slip through the maintenance door, into the corridor. Sam lowers her hand down, motioning for him to sit down. The phone suddenly starts ringing, Janet and Sam both jump. Janet grabs the phone, quickly putting it by her ear. She nods her head, and then offers it to Sam. Sam quickly glances at him, making sure he was still where he was, before she took the phone.

Sam: "Yeah. He's still here, Daniel. What'd you mean Jonas and you are...Daniel. Daniel! Where's Teal'c? Well, get him to untie you and finish it off. Daniel, shut up and listen to me" She looks at her watch, looking up at the ceiling as she drops her hand, back to her side. "Daniel, we'll be there in ten minutes. I don't care, stop arguing and get on with it. You've got until the elevator gets there"

She slams the phone, back into its cradle as she lets a frustrated sigh out. She looks at Janet, shaking her head as she moves towards the door. She looks at Jack, who just stands there looking at her. She sighs, running a hand through her hair, as she places the other on her hip.

Sam: "Are you coming or not?"
Jack: "Yeah, sure"

Sam shakes her head, going through the door, muttering something to herself. Jack waits for Janet, to go through the doorway and then follows them to the elevator. He was a little put off by the conversation, she just had with Daniel. Why the hell would he be tired up with Jonas? And what was he suppose to have finish, by the time they got there? Sam opens the door for him; he quickly goes through not wanting to add to her problems.

Jack watches them from across the elevator, as the two of them whisper about something. He'd caught some bits that he faintly heard; they had spent most of the morning setting it up in the commissary for something. So whatever it was, it was big or it needed a lot of room for something. Janet starts giggling; Sam looks round at him and smiles. He smiles back, noticing that Janet was slowly sinking down the wall. He indicates with his head, towards her as he watches her sink down to her knees. Sam turns round, looking from side to side and down at the floor, to see Janet was now in hysterics. Sam shakes her head, reaching down and grabbing one of Janet's arms, trying to pull up off the floor. Jack could tell she was struggling; Sam was strong but having to try pulling hysterical women to their feet, was a very awkward thing to do. He sighs as crosses over to her; he smiles at Sam before bending down and pulling Janet to her feet. Sam grabs hold of Janet's shoulders, as she stands to her full height. Jack smiles at her, before returning to the other side of the lift. The lift suddenly stops, the doors opening out onto another deserted corridor. Sam pushes Janet out into the corridor, causing her to quickly regain her postured before she fell over. Janet quickly looks at Sam, wishing that looks could kill at that precise moment. Sam shakes her head at her, as she pulls Janet towards her and whispers something into her ear. Janet starts nodding her head, looking at Jack and then at Sam. Jack slowly comes out of the elevator; he knew something was up now but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. Janet pats Sam on the shoulder, and quickly disappears down the corridor to the commissary. Jack looks at Sam, he could tell she was up to something, but getting information out of Sam was useless. It was like trying to get a Tok'ra, to give up some information, instead of leaving them in the dark. She smiles at him, motioning with her head to come with her. He slowly follows her, down the corridor Janet had just ran down. He looks behind him, nothing but an empty corridor. He turns back to the front, Sam was staring at him. She smiles at him, returning her gaze in front of her. They turn the corner, to find the commissary door shut. Jack stops right where he was, that door was never close, and not even when they stop serving food was that door closed. Sam stops as she notices he had, she looks at him as she smiles at him.

Sam: "You're not going to let me down, are you?" Jack: "Depends, how would I be letting you down?" Sam: "By not coming in with me"
Jack: "Well, I guessed I should come in with you then, or that would put a downer on my day"

She smiles at him, as she walks towards the door. Jack slowly follows her, he hated not knowing what to expect, but he trusted her and couldn't be that bad, of she was involved. He smiles at her, as she stops in front of the door. He stops a few feet behind her, she chuckles as she reaches out and pulls him closer to the door. She opens it and pushes him through the doorway.

Everyone: "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

People start popping the party pops, they had been given early. Jack stands there, staring at them all as they all start singing 'Happy Birthday' to him. He slowly looks round the faces; Hammond was in front of everyone, trying to conduct everyone as they sang. Daniel was over in the corner, a bandage round his head but smiling nonetheless. Teal'c was singing along, as best as he could. Jonas was trying to sing along as well, but he kept getting a few words wrong now and then. Janet was with her nurses, taking sips from her drink as she sang. Sam comes up next to him; he looks at her, still with the gob smack expression on his face. She starts giggling, as she guides him further into the room. ?

The party was in full swing; Jack had finally got rid of the gob smack expression, and changed it for a smile. He's sat at a table, watching the people around him as they enjoyed them selves. He really hadn't notice it was his birthday today, he thought it was a normal day, just an average day of the mill. They had done a really good job, even if they only had 4 hours to set it up. They had set up a little dance floor, at the far end of the room. There was DJ just off to the left of it, the whole nursing staff were surrounding him, making as many requests as they could think of. The poor DJ didn't know what had hit him. The room suddenly went quiet, the people on the dance floor were moaning, as they made their way to there table. The others were coming over to him, all of them laughing at something, as they took their seats next to him. He looks up at Sam; she smiles at him, as she takes her seat next him. Daniel and Jonas share an evil glare, before they sit down on opposite sides of the table. Teal'c raises an eyebrow, as he takes the seat, at the head of the table. Someone was tapping on a microphone, or something of that nature. He turns in the direction the sound was coming from, to see Hammond tapping his fingers off the mic.

Hammond: "May I have everyone's attention" The chatted from the tables' stops, as everyone turns to face him. "Thank you. Erm...it's been another year in one of our finest officers, he's now another year older, but not at least the wiser for it" A few people start laughing. "Most of you all know him from reputation, or you've work along side him for the past years. So, if you would all raise your glasses" Everyone stands up, holding their glasses out in front of them. Jack covers his face with his hand, feeling somewhat embarrassed by his introduction. "Happy birthday, Colonel O'Neill" Everyone clings their glasses together, and then take a sip of their drinks, as they all sit back down. "I believe Colonel O'Neill's team; want to say a few words"

Jack immediately looks up, as they all get up and head towards the dance floor. Sam quickly smiles at him, over her shoulder as Daniel pulls her towards the dance floor. They all stand their, Daniel takes the mic off Hammond, clearing his throat as he begins to speak. Hammond quickly goes to his table, and sits down.

Daniel: "Well, Jack. It's been another year, as the General said, and you still haven't learnt the address for home yet" Everyone starts laughing; Sam hits him across the head, making people laugh even more. "Okay, okay. Well, Jack is now...52 and doesn't look a day older. Even though. He's already seen what he's going to look like, when he's a hundred, and believe me it's not a pretty sight. Anyway, we have a little gift from all of us, which is everyone on base and the president, to give to you. So, Jack. Could you come up here, please?"

Jack frowns at them, as he gets out of his seat. Everyone's eyes were on him, he never liked being centre of attention, and this was one of those moments. He grabs his beer off the table, and slowly makes his way to the front. It was like he grown a second head, the way everyone was looking at him. He steps onto the dance floor, Daniel smiles at him as he stands by him.

Jack: "Well, what is it?"
Daniel: "Now, now Jack. Patients is a virtue, so just wait a minute"

Jack frowns at him, Daniel turns to the others as they hand him envelop. Jack quickly looks round for Sam, but she had disappeared, just like Simmons had. He looks at Teal'c and Jonas; them both nodding their heads at the same time, giving him no clue to what it was. Daniel puts his arm round Jack's shoulders, moving to the centre of the dance floor.

Daniel: "Now, Jack. This letter in my hand has been written, by the president himself, granting you anything that you want. But he said, you can't have the tank you ask for, the last time you both meet" Everyone starts laughing again, Jack looks round at them all, then he notices a group of people slipping out the back. "Jack. Jack. Earth to cuckoo land" Jack: "What? Oh, sorry" He takes the letter, Daniel is holding out to him. "Thanks, I know exactly what I want" Daniel: "Gonna tell us?"?
Jack: "You'll have to wait and see"

Jack smiles at him again, before patting him on the back, and going back to his seat. Teal'c and Jonas follow him, while Daniel hands the mic to the DJ. The group of nurses suddenly appears again, shouting their requests at the DJ. Daniel pushes his way through them, almost tripping up as he comes out. Daniel shakes his head at them, as he approaches the table.

Daniel: "Their like a pack of wolves"
Teal'c: "We may try sending them into battle, their methods are...effective" Jack: "Just don't tell them that"

They all look at one another grinning; Teal'c just raises his eyebrow at the comment. Daniel takes a glass from the centre, taking a sip from it as he turns to the entrance. He drops the glass, as he holds his throat and starts choking on his drink. Jack looks at him, that man really couldn't hold his drink. He looks at the other two; both of them were staring at something behind him. He felt someone's hand rest on his shoulder; he looks to his left to see Sam sitting down in her seat. He couldn't believe it; she was...wearing a dress, a thin strap dress that was just clinging to her shoulders. Jack couldn't help but stare, she was so beautiful. He wonders if he could change the dress code, so she would have to wear it everyday. He shakes his head, breaking his train of thought, as she begins to say something.

Sam: "...can't believe how much, I hate these things" Jack: "Huh? What?"
Sam: "I said, I can't believe how much, I hate these shoes"

Jack shakes his head; he still couldn't get over her dress. She looks round the table, they were all staring at her, and even Teal'c was staring at her. She sighs at them, she couldn't really blame them, they were men after all, and it was kinds nice they were actually taking notice of her. She smiles to herself, as she takes a drink from the centre. Daniel was starting to look normal, as he slowly lowers his hand from his throat.

Jonas: "You look...nice"
Teal'c: "She looks like...a goddess"
Daniel: "She's beautiful"
Jack: "Excuse me; I need to go to the bathroom"

He quickly jumps out of his seat, and darts across the room to the gents. They all watch him, as he nearly runs into the door and disappeared inside. Sam was a little overwhelmed by their comments, but she couldn't help but grin at Jack's behavior. Daniel turns back to the table, pointing over his shoulder, in the direction Jack had gone. Teal'c and Jonas look at one another; they would never understand human behavior learning from Jack. Sam takes a sip of her drink, as she plays with the table top.

Jack slowly peeps out the gents, checking to see if everything was clear, before he came out and rejoin the party. He slowly slips out, quickly hiding in amongst the dancers. He had to get out the room; before he did something he did something stupid. Like grab his 2IC, and have his way with her, right in front of everyone on the table top. He couldn't see her anywhere, there was just Teal'c and Jonas sat at the table, talking to each other about something. Sam and Daniel were out of sight, either they had slip out somewhere or they were on...the dance floor. He quickly looks round, he could see them dancing on the edge of the dance floor. They were right in the middle of his escape route, all he wanted was to go to the table, grab his drink and run to his office. He takes a few steps towards the opposite wall, the music stops and the DJ's voice comes on.

DJ: "There he is, the birthday boy returned from the gents. So, which lucky lady is going to dance with him? Have you all got your numbers? Good, let me just stick my hand..." Jack looks up at him, got your numbers? Was he a raffle prize or something "Number hundred and three?"

There's a lot of moaning, and ripping of paper as the women, go and sit back at their tables. Jack thought, maybe he'd gotten lucky, and no one had brought that ticket. But he was so wrong, as he felt someone tap him on the shoulder. He closes his eyes, he so wish it wasn't her; he didn't know if he could control himself, being that close to her. He turns round, opening his eyes to find Daniel waving a ticket at him.

Daniel: "Don't ask questions, just dance with me"

Jack frowns at him, as Daniel puts his arms out to him. Jack looks down at them, the slowly takes Daniel's hand and puts his own round his back. They slowly start sway with the music, hearing the odd snigger from the people surrounding them. Jack looks at Daniel, the looks him up and down. Daniel notices his looks; he wished he hadn't agreed with her. They could at least have found someone else. Not, that he didn't mind dancing with Jack; it was just a little belittling for men to be dancing, especially with their arms round each other and dancing to very slowly music.

Daniel: "Go on then"
Jack: "Is it Daniel, or should be Danielle on my next mission report?" Daniel: "I was doing Sam a favor; she needed someone to buy the remaining tickets. She was supposed to take them out, so this wouldn't happened"

Jack nods his head to him, grinning at the thought of him buying tickets, to dance with him. Daniel sighs, looking round for someone to some and rescue him. The music finally ended, they quickly step away from each other, both shaking themselves as they leave the dance floor. They look at one another, as they take their seats round the table. Jack stops just as he sitting, as he notice Sam was sat next him. He looks at her, he could feel himself going weak at the knees; he had to get out there, before he made an arse of himself. He looks at the others, thinking quickly of something to get him out of there. He looks at Jonas, he was yawning away to himself.

Jack: "Err (Yawning)...oh, is that the time" Looking at his watch. "Time flies when you're having fun. I'm going to start heading home now" Daniel: "You've still got are other presents to open"

Jack looks at them; could he stand just ten minutes in her company? He slowly sits down, pulling his chair away from Sam and towards Daniel. Sam and Daniel share a look between them, as Jack settles into his seat. Teal'c suddenly places a box in front of Jack; he looks at it and then slowly starts peeling the wrapping off. Teal'c slightly smiles at him, he been taking lessons from Daniel. Jack looks at the box; then opens the lid, lifting out a wooden box. They all look at the box, it had Jack's name engrave into the top of it.

Teal'c: "O'Neill, you have to open it"

Jack frowns at him, as he looks down at the box. He slowly lifts the lid, to reveal all his fishing gear, actually in some kind of order. He had wondered, where his fishing tackle had gone, when he didn't find it in the back of his truck. That was one the reason's, he had come back early, can't really do any fishing, without the tackle. He smiles at him, as he nods his thanks at him. Teal'c faces twists in one direction, to form a kind of smile. Jonas shakes his head, as he places his gift in front of him. Jack looks at it, he never expected to get one of him, but they had become a little closure since Daniel got back, from being up there. He starts ripping the wrapping, throwing over his shoulder, as he did it. He lifted it up to find it was a sweat shirt; he turns it round to find some writing on it. 'Number #1: Surrogate Dad!' Jack couldn't believe it, Jonas thought of him as a sort of father figure. Well, in a way he was to all of them.

Jack: "Thanks, son"

Jonas starts grinning; his whole face lighting up, at the approval Jack had given his present. He was so worry, he would just throw it over his shoulder, just like the wrapping. Daniel looks at Jonas, as he places his gift in front of Jack. Jack smiles at him; he could have sworn that Jonas and Daniel were competing for something. He shakes the thought out of his head, as he rips the wrapping off, and throws it over his shoulder again. It was a book, books and Jack didn't mix very well, especially if it was historical book. He frowns at it, as he turns it over to read the title. He raises his eyebrows, noticing it was an astronomical book. He thought Daniel would try to get to read a book, about some culture they may visit in the future.

Jack: "This is brilliant, Daniel"

Daniel nods his head, taking a sip of his beer, beaming a look of triumph over to Jonas. Jonas just ignores him; he was too wrapped up in actually Jack liking his present. Sam slowly slips hers, in front of him, smiling at him as he looks at her. He looks down at it, it wasn't big, but that didn't bother him. All he had to do now, was open this present, say his thanks and quickly escape, carrying all his presents. The wrapping was so neat; it would be a shame to rip it off, from the looks of it, a lot of effort was put into it. He slowly turns it, finding the sellotape that was holding the side down. He carefully pulls it away, watching that he didn't rip the wrapping. Slowly did the same thing to the other pieces of sellotape, removing the whole wrapping and then folds it up, slipping it into his pocket. He looks down at the box, it was a jewellery box. He doesn't usually wear jewellery, just his watch and his dog tags. He opens the box, to find a silver chain, with a small encryption on one of the links. He puts it up, reading the encryption as he moves the box aside. 'To the number one guy in the universe, and the man who stole my heart' He slowly peels his eyes away from it, looking towards Sam who had decided to look in the other direction. Daniel leans over, trying to read the encryption for himself. Jack quickly moves it to his chest, frowning at Daniels' attempt to look at it. Daniel looks at him a little hurt, before turning his attention back to his drink. Jack looks down at the bracelet; she must have put a lot of thought into it, especially for the encryption. He smiles to himself, as he secures it round his wrist; he was actually a smug fit. He looks a Sam, the leans towards her, kisses her on the cheek, making her jump out of her seat, onto the floor. He chuckles at her reaction, reaching down to her to help her up.

Jack: "Sorry, Carter. I was only thanking you, didn't mean to startle you" Sam: "Its okay, sir. I was away in my own little world"

She takes his hand, pulling herself up onto her chair. Daniel was trying to stop himself laughing, but he was grinning so much his face was going to crack. Teal'c just had his eyebrow raise; he must have given up on smiling for a while, well at least trying to. Jonas was too immersed in his own ego, to even notice Sam had fell off her chair. Jack shakes his head, as he collects his presents together. Sam watches him, it was still early but yet he was still heading home. He stands up, clutching the gifts close to his chest.

Jack: "I'll see you guys tomorrow, in the briefing room" Daniel: "Jack it still early"
Jack: "Daniel"

Jack turns and walks off to the door, Daniel frowns quickly following him. Sam looks at the other two; Teal'c was poking Jonas in shoulder, trying to gain his attention. Jonas slowly starts leaning to one side, Teal'c frowns at him and then slaps him on the shoulder. Jonas flies off his sit, landing with an almighty crash, as he takes the table cloth and everyone's drinks with him. Sam quickly shot round the table, to fine Jonas just lying there, still smiling to himself. She shakes her head, looking round for Daniel, who had follow Jack out the door.

Daniel quickly slips into the elevator, before the door had time to shut completely. Jack frowns at him; he thought he had lost him, when he had woven in and out of the people, standing by the door. Daniel quickly straightens his shirt; as he recovers from his sprint down the corridor. He looks across at Jack, who has his back turn to him. Daniel shakes his head, grabbing Jacks shoulder, he quickly turns him round, and so they were face to face. Jack looks at him, cursing him forever calling him a friend. Daniel slowly casts his view, down at the shiny object on Jack's wrist. Jack frowns at him, wondering what he could look at. He follows his gaze, seeing Sam's present, he quickly covers it up, so Daniel couldn't read the encryption. Daniel didn't quite read all of it, he caught the first bit and that was it after that.

Jack: "That's private"

Daniel looks at him, that encryption must be really special, or it was something for just them. Jack slowly turns his back to Daniel, clutching the gifts even tighter to his chest. Daniel folds his arms in front of his chest, as he steps in front of the doors, to prevent Jack escaping so quickly next time. He looks at him, wondering what was going on. He was acting so strangely down in the commissary, especially after Sam had changed into her dress. Then they were all paying her compliments, and he runs off to the bathroom.

Daniel: "Jack, what's up?"
Jack: "Huh? Nothing"
Daniel: "Then, why you leaving?"
Jack: "As I said before, I'm tired. At my age, you get really run down. You wouldn't know, being young and everything"

Daniel looks at him, he was so lying and he could tell. Jack could run five miles, and still have enough energy to do another ten. The elevator stops, the doors open out on to the car park. Jack smiles at him, as he steps pass him and heads towards his truck. Daniel quickly jogs after him; he wasn't going to let him get off this easy.

Daniel: "What did you think of Sam's dress?"

Jack suddenly stops, he just managed to get the image out of his head, and now it was back teasing him. That dress wasn't leaving anything to his imagination; it just made it go into over time. He closes his eyes, trying to shake the image away. He opens his eyes to find, Daniel staring right at him.

Jack: "It was...very nice"
Daniel: "Do I look stupid?"
Jack: "Well, if you took your glasses off..."

Daniel just frowns at him, placing his hands on his hips. Jack knew he was in trouble; Daniel was in one of moods, when he was in one of those moods, there was no stopping. Jack sighs, stepping pass him towards his truck. Daniel falls into the pace, matching Jack step for step.

Daniel: "Did you see the way; those straps nearly fell off her shoulders? That dress looks amazing on her, especially the way her..." Jack: "Daniel! Shut it!"
Daniel: "That dress leaves nothing to the..."

Jack stops, closing his eyes as he turns to face Daniel. Daniel knew he gotten to him, with all that military training, just mentioning Sam's dress had broke through it. Daniel smiles to himself, this was a moment to celebrate, but he could that alter, when he goes back down to the party. Jack opens his eyes, looking straight into Daniel's.

Jack: "Don't mention her dress. Your lucky I've got theses in my arms, otherwise you would be on your to the infirmary" Daniel: "She got to you, didn't she?"
Jack: "Oh, she got to long before today, and she knows it"

Jack shakes his head, slowly turning back towards the direction of his truck. Daniel shoves his hands into his pockets, falling into step with Jack again. He knew they had some kind of connection, but to hear Jack starting to talk about was very usual. Jack fumbles with his gifts, trying to get his keys out of his pocket. Daniel quickly takes the gifts off him, freeing up his hands to get his keys.

Daniel: "Why don't you come back to the party? We could have another dance?"

Jack chuckles at his remark, Daniel was sweet and everything, but he went back down there, he wouldn't be able to be accountable for his actions. God knows, he would have drive down onto the floor with her, if he could of. He unlocks his truck, opening the passenger door and taking his gifts off Daniel.

Jack: "Daniel, if I came back down there, I wouldn't be able to stop myself. I've amaze myself so far, I don't really want to push it" Daniel: "You know you could change all that" Jack: "What?"
Daniel: "The letter?"
Jack: "I'm lost"

Daniel bangs his head off the back of the truck; Jack O'Neill has memory like a goldfish, except when it comes to matters of self preservation and of course, Sam. Jack stands there watching as Daniel shakes his head at him.

Daniel: "You're off present off the president?" Jack: "Oh, that. Yeah. What about it?"
Daniel: "It's like working with a potted plant. You could get ask for you and Sam to able to see one another, or something like that" Jack: "Hold on" Jack leans on the passenger door, he hadn't thought about that opposition. He was going to ask for a fishing boat. "So, I could get them to ignore me and Carter, if I started a relationship with her?" Daniel: "Well, he did say anything, except for your tank"

Jack stands up, closing the door to his truck as it comes to him. But it would have to wait till tomorrow, he would be up then and he just could just drop by. Daniel watches as Jack runs to the driver's side, jumps in and starts the truck. Daniel sighs to himself, turning back towards the elevator.

Daniel: "Don't even get a thank you"

He hears Jack wheels squeal and then the roar of his engine, as he drives off. He couldn't believe how self centre Jack could be. Doesn't even say thank you to people; he wouldn't even have had the idea, if it wasn't for him. He hears the squeals of tires, moving very fast in his direction. He glances over his shoulder, to see Jack reversing towards him. What was he going to do, run him over? Jack pulls up next to him, widening down the window.

Jack: "Thanks, Daniel. I may need your help thou" Daniel: "Sure, Jack"

Jack nods his head, as he squeals off back in the direction of the gate. Daniel smiles to himself as he heads back to the elevators, with a spring in his step.

Daniel: "Operation Belbrate was a success"

Watch out Major Carter, Colonel O'Neill's coming after you, for better or for worse. Daniel smiles to himself, as he enters the lift, and rejoins the party.

The End

Feedback welcome. I should write a sequel by tomorrow. I hope :)

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Katmellie