Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

End?, The

by Katmellie
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The End?

The End?

by Katmellie

Title: The End?
Author: Katmellie
Email: Katmellie@AOL.com
Category: Angst, Holiday, Humor, Romance
Holiday: Christmas
Season: any Season
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: PG
Warnings: none
Summary: Don't believe some of category selections, I have no clue as to what this is, but it made me laugh and nearly cry. But I'm sad like that.
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Colonel Jack O'Neill was sat in the control room, he spent most of his nights here, watching the stargate and thinking about things, he shouldn't really be thinking. He watches the screens in front of him, the SGC logo spinning round on it. He really had nothing better to do; his paperwork was actually up to date, thanks to a certain 2IC. There was hardly anyone on the base, especially as it was Christmas time; most of the personal were either with their families or off-world. There was nothing for him at home, just a large stock of beer and hockey highlights, which he'd missed over the year. He leans back in his seat, scratching the back of his head as he looks round. The room was almost; pitch black except for the odd flashing light, off the machines lining the walls. Seeing those lights, reminded him of the fairy lights on a Christmas tree, but it also reminded him of the lab, up on level 24. Slowly rising out of his chair, he shoves his hands into his pockets, as he walks up the stairs into the briefing room. The room was in complete darkness, the only light source coming from a computer screen, in the corner of the room. Pulling a chair out, he looks through the window, onto the stargate. That one piece of technology, deserves a lot of respect, but didn't always seem to get it. It was made for travelling, not for enslaving countless worlds. He drops into the seat, resting his feet on the table, as he closes his eyes, and drifts off to sleep. Jack quickly jumps to his feet, at the sound of klaxons going off. The rooms' lights had been turned on. He blinks a few times, adjusting to the new light source. He could hear people running down corridors, giving orders and then more feet pounding on the floor, as they went down the corridor. He frowns to himself, as he looks over the railing into the control room. The room was full of people, people that should be at home celebrating Christmas, instead of being here. He decides to investigate, slowly he goes down the stairs; people were running in and out, handing pieces of paper to General Hammond. He watches as one more airman runs in, almost running into him, if he hadn't step out of the way in time. Hammond turns round to see him stood there.
Hammond: "Colonel, we've been looking for you everywhere. Where have you been?" Jack: "Upstairs. Sir, what's going on?"

Another airman bursts into the room, waving a piece of paper above his head. He stops in front of Hammond; the room goes silent as he hands the piece of paper, to Hammond. Hammond slowly reads it, his face slowly sinking as he folds it up, and puts it in his pocket. Jack looks round at everyone, there faces all telling a different story.

Hammond: "New York City has been wiped out"

A few female personal bursts into tears, Jack frowns at them all as he comes more into the room. Hammond looks at him, seeing the confusion on the man's face. Jack looks at Hammond, asking him a silent question. Hammond slowly puts his arm around Jack's shoulders, moving him to a corner of the room.

Hammond: "Jack, the Gould are attacking" Jack: "What?!"

Jack jumps back, not believing his ears as he looks round the room, at the faces surrounding him. Hammond watches him, knowing actually how he feels. How could this be happening? That was one of the thoughts going through his head right now. Why them? Was another thought, but then he already knew the answer. The Gould had realised them, to be a bigger threat than they had originally thought.

Jack watches everyone around him; taking their seats around the table, in the briefing room. He still couldn't believe what was going on, how could the Gould be attacking? Now and then, he could hear the impacts of blast weapons, which had hit the mountain above them. From what he'd been told, the Gould had appear early in the morning, coming out from behind Pluto. There wasn't any time to set up any kind of defence, so their main objective was to send as many people, that might be needed for the new world, through the gate. The room was nearly packed, base personnel squishing into the room, to hear what was going to happen. The room went suddenly quiet, as Hammond push his way, from his office to his chair, at the head of the table. He quickly sits down, resting his head in his hands as he looks round at everyone. He drops a wad of paper on the table, everyone knew exactly what it was, the list of personnel who would be going and who would be staying.

Hammond: "This is the worse thing about being a commanding office, having to decide who lives and who dies" Jack: "I think everyone understands, sir. It's not your fault; the Gould decided to ruin Christmas"

Hammond glances at him, nodding his head, as he agrees with his comment. People start muttering to one another, as Hammond turns the first page. He looks down the list briefly, scanning the names and then stops. Looking round at the faces, he takes a deep breath and starts reading from the list.

Hammond: "People that will be going to the Alpha site: Major Ferretti, Sgt Carlin, Lieutenant Picardo, Colonel Makepeace, Colonel Askins, Major Carter..."

Jack let the breathe out, he been holding. He was glad she was going; they would need her more than anyone. Hammond turns the page; Jack sits back into his seat as he listens to the names. It wouldn't bother him, if he weren't going, he should have died countless times before. He looks round the faces, there she was at the very back, chatting to someone, who look like Daniel and probably was Daniel. Teal'c was stood behind them, keeping a watchful eye on the younger members of SG-1.

Hammond: "...Major Kent, Teal'c, Dr Daniel Jackson..."

Jack couldn't help but smile, as their names were read out loud. His family would be safe and sound, as soon as they step through the gate, to join the Alpha site. He looks at them, the smiles they had on their faces early, totally replaced by a look of fear. He could see Sam was on the brink of tears, with Daniel arm drape around her shoulders, whispering something into her ear.

Hammond: "...Thomas, Colonel O'Neill, Sgt Collins..."

Jack looks down at the table, he was going to live, but why was he going? He was one of the oldest on the base; they should send younger offices to replace him. All they knew, he could just conk out, as soon as he went through the gate. Hammond stops his announcement, closing the wad of paper, as he sat back in his seat. People were laughing, talking and hugging each other. A few people were crying, tears of happiness and tears of sorrow. Jack didn't hear Hammond's name read out, was he staying or going?

Jack: "Sir, what about you?"

The room suddenly went quiet, peoples eyes now fix on Hammond as he thought of an answer. Hammond looks round at everyone, and then leans forward onto the table, rubbing his face with his hands. He drops them onto the table, as he begins his answer.

Hammond: "I'll be remaining behind; a good commander stays behind..." Jack: "Sir, your needed more at the Alpha site. You should have been at the start of the list" Hammond: "It doesn't work that way, son. The most important go through"

The room goes silent, people looking at one another, for answers. Jack knew what he had to do, could he knew there would be objections, to the action he was about to take. Jack slowly stands up, gaining the attention of everyone, especially his team. Hammond frowns at him, looking round to everyone for answers, and then looks back at Jack.

Jack: "Sir, you're more important than me. You should take my..." Sam: "No!"

Jack looks up in her direction; she was pushing her way out the room, the tears streaming down her cheeks. He didn't want to hurt her, but this was right thing to do. Daniel gives him a sympathetic look, as he follows Sam out the room. Jack looks down at the table, cursing himself for his actions, but this had to be done. They needed Hammond; they didn't need a worn out Colonel.

Jack: "Sir, you should take my place, on the list to go" Hammond: "Son, I'm honour that you would do..." Jack: "Sir, you're going even if I have to push you through. They need a leader at the Alpha site, with the knowledge and experience that you have. You're more important than me; I'm just a big mouth Colonel with cynic's approach to things" Hammond: "Son...thank you"

Jack just nods his head, pushing through the crowd to the door. He knew he should talk to Sam, but she would probably try and talk into something. He wanted to do this, even it hurt a lot of people, but in time they would get over it and they would be alive.

Sam couldn't believe it, first the Gould are attacking earth and now, he was going too died for them. He always has to be the hero, can't stand back and let someone else do it. It shouldn't be him; he should come through with them, with her and start their new life's there. She needs him, she wants him and he choosing to die for them. She kicks the door open to the locker room, slamming it shut as she steps inside. She curses to herself as drops onto the bench, in front of his locker. She looks up at his name, his locker that he had touched, the locker with all his belonging in that he needed on base. She pushes herself off the bench, taking one last look at the name, before she went in search of her own. She stops looking at her name, `Carter'. She sighs, undoing the lock and opening the door. Inside was her showering kit, a towel with her initials on, and stuck to inside of door, were the pictures she collected over the years. She peals then away from the door, dropping on the bench behind her, as she examines the photos. The first one being of the Annual Christmas party, they all stood there, poising for the photo. Jack was smiling from ear to ear, as he has both his arms over hers and Daniel's shoulders. Teal'c stood behind them, trying to smile for the camera. She smiles at the photo, moving it to back of the pile, as she looks at the next one. They were off-world, Daniel some film left over in his camera. So he started taking odd pictures now and then. In the picture, it had Jack stood there in the middle of no where, looking at something that had caught his interest. He looks so hansom, with the sun lighting up some of his face, underneath his hat. She slowly runs her finger over his face, as a tear drops from her cheek, onto the photo. Quickly, she wipes it off with her sleeve.

Daniel: "Sam? Are you in here?"
Sam: "Erm...yeah, Daniel. Over here"

Quickly shoving the photos into her pocket, she grabs her towel out her locker, and starts wiping her face with it. Daniel slowly approaches her, knowing that she'd been crying from her blood shot eyes. He sighs, knowing what she feeling, but he knew it probably hit her worse. He knew as soon as Jack stood up, he was going to give his place up for Hammond. The two of them, had a father and son relationship. Sam turns round, putting a smile on to hide her feelings. He looks at her, shaking his head with disappointment at her. The two of them, Jack and Sam, were so much alike, it was untrue. They both were good at hiding there feelings, from one another, but not to the people who were their closest friends.

Daniel: "Stop putting a front, and cry for god's sake" Sam: "Daniel, don't start. I've got enough going through my head, to last me a life time" Daniel: "I don't like it, anymore than you do, but you know he's doing the right thing, right?"

She looks into her locker, taking her belonging out and wedging them, under her arm. Her military side telling her, he was doing the right thing, but her...civilian side, was screaming at her it was wrong and she should stop him. Shaking her head at the thoughts, she slams her locker shut, turning towards Daniel again.

Sam: "I know. But it doesn't make me feel better" Daniel: "Yeah, we better start packing. Who knows when they'll send us through?"

She pats him on the shoulder, trying her best to smile at his attempt to change subject. He nods his head to her, turning towards the door with her following him.

Jack starts packing all his files into a box; at least he wouldn't have to sort this all out. Someone else could take his responsibilities over, and save the world instead of him. He was getting old, and new he would have been retiring soon. He places the lid on the box, securing it into place and drops it next to the door, to be picked up. Turning back to his desk, he notices something sticking out, the bottom of one of the draws. He bends down, slowly pulling it out to find it to be a picture of Sg-1. He smiles to himself, as he stands up and sits down in his seat. The picture was when they first were formed, Daniel's hair covering his eyes, Sam looking like a new recruit, Teal'c stood there with an eyebrow raise at the camera and then there was him, standing there with his arm cross, staring at Sam. Even then, he felt something towards her, but never quiet knew what it was. He folds it up, slipping it into his top pocket as he stands up. There's a knock at the door, he looks up to see Daniel stood there, looking around the office.

Jack: "Hey"
Daniel: "Hey. They want you to pack as well?" Jack: "Just the paper work, and official documents"

Daniel shoves his hands into his pockets, as he comes further into the room. Jack smiles at him, he really didn't know what to say to him, and he guessed he didn't either. Jack opens his desk draw, he looks at Daniel and then back at the contents, of the draw.

Jack: "Would you do me a favour?"
Daniel: "Sure, what?"
Jack: "I want you to give these to people" He pulls the draw out, tipping it out on to the desk. "Things that I think people might want"

Daniel takes his hand out his pocket, picking up Jack's yo-yo and looking at it.

Jack: "I want you to have that, Teal'c can have..." He picks Swiss army knife up, and hands it to him. "...that, I said I would get him one, one day. And can you give this to Carter" He pulls his dog tags out of his shirt, he looks at them briefly, then pulls then off over his head and hands them to him. "I haven't really got anything that she really wants, so that'll have to do" Daniel: "Jack, she wants you"
Jack: "Well, there's really not a lot, I can do about that"

Daniel sighs, putting the items into his pocket, as he looks at Jack. Jack starts opening more draws, looking through them, for anything he may of miss. He looks up; noticing Daniel was staring at him. He stands up fully, sighs going round the desk, to be face to face with Daniel. Jack pats him on the back, pulling him into a brotherly hug. Daniel buries his head into Jack's shoulder, letting go of all control, he begins to cry. Jack rubs his back, reminding him of when he used to do this for Charlie, when he was upset about something.

Jack: "Daniel, I want you to do something else as well"

Daniel pushes himself away from him, wiping his eyes with his sleeve, as he looks at Jack. Jack sits down on the edge of the desk, shoving his hands into his pockets.

Daniel: "Sure, Jack. What is it?"
Jack: "Keep an eye on Carter for me; make sure she doesn't get into anymore trouble" Daniel: "Sure, I'll keep both my eyes on her"

Jack smiles at his attempt of humour; he knew Teal'c had regretted saying that. He stands up, patting Daniel on the shoulder as he picks up another box.

Sam didn't want to go, she wanted to on the last group to go through, but no one would let her. They knew, she probably would try and drag Jack, up the ramp with her. There was only going to be skeleton crew left behind, they only needed Jack to set the auto destruct off, but they needed the others to work the gate. She slowly enters the gate room; Daniel and Teal'c were already there, standing at the bottom of the ramp. The gate was dialling up, as she came to stand next to them. Daniel smiles at her, nodding his head to her, as he pulls something out of hi pocket. She frowns at him, as he takes her hand and places whatever it is, in the palm of her hand. He closes her hand up, giving it a tight squeeze, before he let go of her hand. She slowly opens her hand, seeing someone's dog tags in her hand. She looks up Daniel; he was waving to someone behind her. She glances over her shoulder, to see Jack give a little wave to Daniel, as he ticks someone off on the clip board. She looks at Daniel, who just smiles at her, nodding his head towards Jack. She looks down at the dog tags, seeing his name standing out in the light. She clenches her hand around them, closing her eyes as she slips them into her pocket.

Jack: "Names?"
Daniel: "You know, I don't think you should give up your day job, your not very funny"

Jack chuckles at Daniel, patting him on the shoulder. Teal'c raises one of his eyebrows, as he looks at Jack and then at Daniel. Sam takes a deep breathe, trying to keep her emotions in check as best as possible. How could he stand there, making jokes with Daniel, when he was going to die?

Teal'c: "Daniel Jackson, I think O'Neill should go to the infirmary" Daniel: "Why's that?"
Teal'c: "He has lost his memory"
Jack: "I was joking, Teal'c. Promise one thing Teal'c, you'll work on your sense of humour"

Teal'c slightly grins, bowing his head to Jack. The gate bursts into life, casting the room into a blue glow. Jack pats Daniel and Teal'c on the shoulder, briefly looking at Sam as he heads out the room. Daniel steps up onto the ramp, watching jack leave the room. Sam didn't want him to go, she looks round to Daniel, handing him her bag. She sprints off after Jack; Daniel frowns at her actions as he looks Teal'c.

Daniel: "SAM!"

Jack stops and turns round, seeing Sam running towards him, he braces himself as she runs into him. She wraps her arms around his neck, pulling him close to her. He sighs, wrapping his own arms round her waist, holding her as close as she was holding him. Jack looks to the others, seeing that her group had nearly all gone through. He looks to Teal'c; he motions his hand for him to come over. Teal'c hands his things to Daniel, stepping down off the ramp, he slowly approaches them.

Jack: "Carter, you've gotta go"
Sam: "I don't want to, I want you to come"

He pushes her away, smiling at her as he strokes her face. The tears were slowly falling down her cheeks; he wipes them away with his thumb. He looks into her eyes, seeing all the hurt and emotion clearly. He slowly leans towards her, kissing her on the lips so gently, she pulls him closer, deepening the kiss. They slowly pull apart, resting their foreheads together. Jack closes his eyes, as he pushes her away into Teal'c's waiting arms. She looks at him, and then at Teal'c over her shoulder. She starts struggling, as Teal'c pulls her away from him.

Jack: "T EAL'C! GO!"
Sam: "NO! I WANT TO STAY WITH YOU! DON'T DO THIS, I LOVE YOU!" Jack: "I LOVE YOU TOO, BUT YOU HAVE TO GO"

Teal'c picks her up, carrying her away to the gate, as she just stares at Jack. Jack just watches as Teal'c, carries her through the gate with Daniel following him. Daniel stops at the event horizon, looking back briefly at Jack, nodding his head to him before he steps through. Jack quickly turns round, deciding to get back to the matter at hand. The gate closes; the whole base was in complete silences, until the doors open again, letting the next group in.

Jack rushes into the control, his P60 sling over one shoulder. Simmons was sat at one of the control terminals, typing as fast as he could. Jack stops behind him, looking at the monitors above them. They patch the security cameras in, watching as Jaffa took level by level. Jack frowns at the images, looking down at Simmons, the two of them the only ones left. He pats him on the back, dropping into the sit next him.

Jack: "Time to go, Simmons"
Simmons: "Sir?"
Jack: "You're going through, get down into the gate room and get ready to go through" Simmons: "Sir, I wasn't on the..." Jack: "Think of it, as a Christmas present, from me to you. Now get down there"

Jack sets the computer into the dialling sequence; Simmons looks at him and quickly runs down the stairs into the gate room. Simmons stops at the base of the ramp, looking up into the control. Jack was typing away as a blast, comes shooting into the room, hitting the machines along the wall. They all blow up, sending sparks across the room. Jack still carries on typing, taking quick glances at the stairs. He looks down at Simmons, as the gate activates behind him. Jack slams his hand down on the control panel, the blast doors start to shut, closing the control room off. Simmons nods his head, as he quickly sprints up the ramp; he hears the sound of the P60 going off, as he jumps into the gate. He rolls to a stop, noticing the silence surrounding him, as he some through. The gate closes, as someone grabs him by the arms and pulls him to his feet.

Teal'c: "Lieutenant Simmons, you were not on the list" Simmons: "No, Colonel O'Neill sent me through, before the Jaffa came into the control. He set the auto destruct, and closed the blast doors"

Teal'c bows his head, looking at the floor for a moment. He lets go of Simmons, wondering off by himself towards the camp that had been set up.

Jack slowly opens his eyes; the room was dark with a little light source, coming from above him on the ceiling. If he was in heaven, it was nothing like people had predicted it to be. He slowly stands up, but drops suddenly, from the scrutinizing pain, coming from his leg. Before he had black out, he remembers that he was shot in the leg. He feels down his leg, to find it bandage up. If he was in heaven, why the hell would they bandage his leg up? The door opens, blinding him with the new light, coming through the door. He blinks his eyes, until they adjust from having to see in the dim light, to now the bright light. He could see someone coming towards him. He slowly backs away, coming to stop against a wall.

Jacob: "Jack, its okay. You're on my ship" Jack: "Jacob?"

Jacob press a button on the wall, the room lit up in an instant. Jack looks round, to find he was in the cargo hold. Jacob knells down next to him, slowly taking the bandage off his leg. Jack looks at him; he pokes him in the arm and then smiles to himself.

Jack: "What took you so long?"
Jacob: "Car trouble"

Jack laughs at him, patting him on the shoulder, as he leans back against the wall. Jacob winches at the sight of Jack's leg. He pulls it way, revealing his leg with a bone sticking out the skin. Jacob looks at Jack, he had to get the bone back in the leg, and strap it up. He slowly moves his hands, around the sides of Jack's thigh. Jack slowly lowers his head, looking Jacob in the eye.

Jacob: "Erm...Jack, you know Sam has a mole?" Jack: "Yeah, but she won't tell anyone, where it is?" Jacob: "It's on her left breast"
Jack: "What?!"

Jacob quickly pulls his leg, Jack head smacks back against the wall, as he reaches out for his leg. Jacob quickly looks round for something to splinter it with. Jack slowly lowers his head, his eyes firmly close. Jacob gets up, opening one of the boxes and taking out a tube. He looks at it and then Jack's leg. He puts it down next to Jack, he crosses the room to the backpack, he'd grab on his way out, when he was carrying Jack. He takes the first aid kit out, dropping on the floor next to Jack's leg. Jack opens his eyes, looking up at the ceiling and then at Jacob.

Jack: "That hurt!"
Jacob: "Well, I'm not done yet"

He breaks the tube in two, lying them either side of Jack's leg. Jack closes his eyes, praying to anyone who was listening. Jacob starts taping the leg to the tubes. Jack clenches his fists together, as he hits the wall behind him.

Jack: "How...did...I get here?"

Jack quickly gasps for air, as he grabs the material hanging loosely round his leg. Jacob takes a deep breathe, before starting his story.

Jacob: "One of our operatives, found out about the invasion on earth. I immediately took a ship, and as fast as I could, came back to earth. By the time I got here, they were already attacking. One of the ships had landed on the top of the mountain. So I ring down, and infiltrated the base. I found you lying unconscious on the floor"

Jacob rips the tape, smoothing it down so it wouldn't catch on anything. Jack opens his eyes, looking at his leg, and the splint Jacob had put on. Jacob stands up, offering a hand down to Jack. He grabs it, pulling himself up and quickly grabbing onto Jacob. Jacob slips an arm around his back, to support him as he walk. They enter the bridge, Jacob guides jack to a chair and lowers him down into it. Jack takes a deep breath, looking out the window, he sees their in hyperspace. Jacob drops into his seat, checking the read outs in front of him.

Jack: "Where we going?"
Jacob: "Alpha site. Why'd wanna come home with me?" Jack: "No offence, but...no thanks. Alpha site will do"

Jack leans back into his seat, slowly he closes his eyes and drifts off to sleep. Jacob glances at him, smiling to himself as he leans back in his own seat, and goes to sleep.

Sam was sat in front of the stargate, she knew he wasn't coming but there could be hope. He could have dialled out, to somewhere else and gone there, before the self destruct went off. She wipes the tears from her face; she could still feel his lips on her own. She pulls the photos out of her pocket, looking at them again for the tenth time. She sighs, causing more tears to roll down her cheeks. She lays the photos down on her lap, pulling out his dog tags from her pocket. She looks at them, closing her eyes as tight as they would go. She could hear someone approaching her; she quickly puts them over her head, slipping them under her T-shirt, with her own dog tags. She quickly glances over her shoulder, to see Daniel coming over playing with Jack's yo-yo he'd given him. She smiles at him; he widens it up as he sits down next to her.

Daniel: "How you doing?"
Sam: "I'll be alright, as long as no asks me that again"

He smiles at her, as he slips the yo-yo into his pocket. He leans onto his knees, looking up at the stargate and then around them. Sam picks the photos up, she looks at Daniel and then back at them. She leans forward, putting the photos out towards him. He looks at them, he looks at her and then slowly takes them, flicking through them. He stops, smiling at one of the photos, as he shows it to her.

Daniel: "That was the best Christmas"
Sam: "Yeah, I hadn't laugh that much in ages" Daniel: "I'm going to miss him"

Daniel bows his head; tears start to trickle down his cheeks, dropping down onto his uniform. She looks at him, feeling her own tears begin to surface again; she pulls him into a hug. He buries his head into her shoulder.

They'd been travelling at hyper speed for three days, pushing the engines to there limit. Jacob looks at the reads out; he starts to smile to himself. He turns the hyper drive off; Jack suddenly stirs from being jolted back into his seat. He looks round him, and looks out the window. He frowns as he only sees space, and no planet. He looks across at Jacob, who just smiles at him as flicks a few controls. Jack frowns at him, pointing at the space in front of him.

Jack: "Jacob, erm...I don't think were there yet. You see, there's suppose to be a planet, not just space" Jacob: "Jacky, Jacky, Jacky. You under estimate me"

Jacob takes the controls, turning the ship towards the planet. He looks at Jack, who just sits there staring at the planet and smiling. Jacob shakes his head, as he looks at the planet for himself.

Jack: "Honey, I'm home"

Jacob looks at him grinning; Jack looks at him as a smile spreads across his face. Jacob shakes his head, returning his attention to the controls.

It was nearly dawn, everyone was already busy, and getting on with the tasks, they'd been given. Sam was sat in the makeshift commissary, having her breakfast as she listen to Daniel, complaining about how he slept. Teal'c was silent; he hadn't sat a word to anyone, since Simmons had come through the gate. He had been expecting Jack to follow him through. Sam smiles at him, he just bows his head, as he takes another bite out of his banana. Sam sighs, scooping the remains of her cereal, onto her spoon. Daniel suddenly went quite; she looks at him to see him slowly standing up, with his mouth wide open. She looks in the direction he was looking; she immediately jumps to her feet, running to the armoury with Teal'c right behind her. She bursts through the doors, to find nearly all the personnel grabbing themselves a weapon. She looks at Teal'c, as he comes in behind her. She sighs, grabbing his staff weapon and a P60 for herself. He takes his staff weapon, thanking her with a nod as he opens the door for her. She quickly sprints out, with Teal'c right behind her. The cargo ship had landing, on the ground next to the camp. She notices Hammond standing in the middle of the compound, shouting orders at anyone, holding a hand gun in his hand at the same time. She looks at Teal'c motioning for them to get closer. He nods his head, leading them round the back of the building, and into the clearing. She could see the door opening to the cargo ship. They both drop to their knees, aiming at the men coming out. She takes aim, shooting a warning shot at them.

Jack: "FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! I COME BACK FROM THE DEAD, TO BE KILLED AGAIN! I DON'T THINK SO"

Sam and Teal'c look at one another, lowering their weapons as they stood up. She nods her head to him, and they slowly approach the ship, keeping her finger on the trigger of her gun. As they got closure, she could start to make them out. Quickly putting the safety on her gun, she breaks into a sprint. Teal'c raises an eyebrow, but follows suit and breaks into his own sprint. She couldn't believe it, he was alive and he was here. He looks up at her, smiling at her as he takes his arm from around Jacob. Jacob looks at her, he smiles holding his arms out for a hug. She runs straight pass him, jumping at Jack and wrapping her arms around him. He struggles to balance, losing it completely and falls over into the mud.

Jack: "MY LEG, CARTER! WATCH THE LEG!"

She down at his leg briefly, she looks at his face, wiping some of the mud from his face, and then pulls him in a fierce hug. Jacob looks down at them, shaking his head as he turns to face Teal'c, and the approaching bases personnel.

Jack: (Choking) "Carter! I can't breath!"

Teal'c leans over, pulling her away from him, and pulls Jack to his feet. Jack nods his thanks, holding a hand round his throat. Teal'c slightly grinning at him then pulls him into a bear hug. Jack gasps for air, as Teal'c lefts him off the ground. Jacob starts to laugh, watching as Teal'c puts Jack back down.

Sam: "How the hell, did you get out?"
Jack: (Still gasping) "Jac...Jacob...sa...save me"

She looks at Jacob, smiling at him as she pulls him into a hug. He pats her on the back, and then pushes her away, so he could look at her. She smiles at him, and then looks at Jack. Daniel comes running out of the crowd straight into Jack, grabbing him into a hug as they fly back into the ship. Sam quickly hurries inside, to make sure they were alright.

Jack: "DANIEL! MY LEG! GET OFF!"
Daniel: "Jack! You're alive!"
Jack: "You won't be, if you don't get off me! Carter! Help me!"

She shakes her head, pulling Daniel up off him. He looks at her, pulling her into a hug, and starts bouncing them round in a circle. Jack rolls his eyes, crawling over to the wall; he uses it to himself up. Hammond comes in, quickly looking round to see if it was true. His eyes fall on Jack, he smiles to himself as he starts to approach him. Jack holds his hands out, Hammond stops looking at him and then at Sam and Daniel.

Jack: "No more hugs! My leg already kills as it! For once, all I want is a medic" Hammond: "Its okay, son. We'll get you fix up"

Jack sighs, dropping his hands to his sides. Hammond smiles at them; as he quickly runs outside shouting for a medical team. Sam and Daniel part from there hug, both looking at one another. Daniel nods his head to her, as quickly leaves them alone. Jack slowly limps to a chair, turning it round as he drops into it. Sam quickly enters the sequence to shut the door, and then slowly approaches him, shoving her hands into her pockets.

Jack: "I could really do with a beer"
Sam: "I think everyone could do with one"

He looks at her, he smiles at her as she sits down, on the control panel next to him. She smiles back at him, folding her arms in front of her. She could feel his dog tags, digging into her skin underneath her t-shirt. She looks at him, as she pulls them out and takes them off. She holds them out to him.

Sam: "Here. You'll need these"
Jack: "Guess I will"

He grabs them, his fingers brushing against hers. He looks up at her, grabbing her arm with his other hand, he pulls her down to him. The faces close enough to feel each others breath. Her hand slowly wraps round his neck, pulling him towards her. The doors open, Daniel comes in follow by Janet and her medical team. Sam and Jack both freeze, looking at the interruption and then at one another.

Daniel: "Are we interrupting something?" Sam: "Nothing that can't..."
Jack: "Shut up, and come here"

She smiles at him, moving closure to him as he pulls her down, for a kiss. Daniel rolls his eyes, leaving them to it, with the medical team waiting patiently. They slowly part, looking at one another and then at the medical team.

Janet: "When your quite finish, I'll like to take a look at the patient"

Sam nods her head, taking it as her cue to leave. She passes Janet, taking last glance back at Jack as the leaves. He smiles at her, resting his head on his hand. Sam takes a deep breath, knowing that something's, were defiantly going to change round here.

The End

Feedback welcome

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Katmellie