Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

On Beckon Call

by Katmellie
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
On Beckon Call

On Beckon Call

by Katmellie

Summary: Answering her call.
Category: Hurt/Comfort
Episode Related: 715 CHIMERA
Season: future Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 02/15/04

So here I was. Here I was stood outside her lab door. I didn't know what she wanted. She'd called me at home and told me she needed to speak with me. She'd interrupted my moping over her finding him and she'd called me into the base at half ten at night. What she'd want from me? Written consent? I'd told Hammond for her, that she thought Pete was able to keep our secret a secret. I'd been the good little camper and told her I was happy in not so many words. Did she want to rip my heart out even further to show to Pete, what she'd been doing to me over the past years and what he had coming to him because of her?

I yawned into the back of my hand and rapped my knuckles on the half opened door, seeing nothing inside apart from flickering lights from her gismo's. Something shuffled and snuffled inside before the desk lamp was turned on. I stepped inside, scowling at the red-eyed Carter before me. Wasn't she supposed to be all happy, now she didn't have to hide things from what'shisface? I'm not even going to acknowledge him anymore. It hurts too much.

"Carter," I began unsurely, finding the whole 'Carter crying' disturbing. "What the emergency that brought me into base at about eleven o'clock at night?"

She wiped at her eyes and then reorganised the papers on the desk. "He's going."

"Who's going where?" I asked as I put my hands into my pockets, keeping them from fidgeting with something on her desk.

"Pete's going back to Denver." She said sorrowfully.

"Well, people do have to get back to work at some point, Carter." I injected some bitterness into it. "People do have life's outside of the SGC, as yourself knows."

She bit down onto her lower lip, fresh tears sprung from her eyes as I cringed at the sight. "He's not coming back. My baggage is too much for him to handle."

'Baggage?' I thought, taking my hand out of my pocket to scrub my face with. I should have stayed at home, ignored the phone and my cell phone when her name kept flashing up on it. Racking my fingers through my short hair, I ambled round the corner of her workstation, coming to stand beside her as she sniffed back some more tears.

"Come 'ere." I whispered, stooping down to her height, and put my arm around her back, bringing her into my chest. She clung onto me, letting all the tears run free as she babbled on about what had been sat between her self and what'shisface. I wasn't listening at the time. To caught up with being in her warm embrace. This made up for all the torment of past six days.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Katmellie