Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Broken Heart

by Katmellie
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Broken Heart

Broken Heart

by Katmellie

Summary: She broke his heart. (Not who you're thinking.)
Category: Hurt/Comfort
Episode Related: 715 CHIMERA
Season: future Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 01/28/04

Life wasn't easy after we said goodbye. We stood there on her doorstep, me outside on the porch, with the pouring rain spraying up the back of me, while she stood in the warmth of her house and out of the rain's reach. She wouldn't look me in the eye. All she could say was she was sorry and that she was glad we'd had our time together. I'm sorry we ever said goodbye. To this day, I still don't know why we said goodbye. I have a feeling it had something to do with the grey haired bloke; I met when they were staking out her friends house and the day he'd come by her house. There was something about him that made me wary of him.

There was a smug look to his face as he walked down the garden path towards his truck, parked end of her driveway. She never went into great detail about who he was or what he wanted. But I'd seen him enough times to know he meant more to her than I did. Of course she never would let me think this. I could see it in her eyes when she thought up the lie and then told it to me. Making excuses for their natural bodily behaviour. I would be standing there right beside her and they would grin at each other, like they knew something no one else knew.

Though that was some months ago. I happened to be window-shopping with my hopefully future girlfriend in the mall and hadn't been in Colorado for some months, working on a case out of town, when I decided to take a trip into town. Zoe pointed at something in a shop window and proceeded to drag me over to take a look. I thought at first it was my own imagination when I saw the blonde hair bobbing at the side of the grey haired man.

I shook the image away and put it down to wishful thinking. Wishing to see her one more time to see if she still felt something for me, even though she told me she was using me to try and get over him. From what I managed to find out, there wasn't a `him and her'. She swore blind that there was something going on between them, something more special than she could ever imagine. I thought she was trying to test me.

"Rob, look at that dress." Zoe exclaimed with her hand pressed up the window. "Isn't it beautiful?"

"Yeah. But not as beautiful as you." I commented as I gave the dress the once over.

She chuckled as she tiptoed up to kiss me on the cheek. "Ah... you're so sweet."

Whether my smile was genuine or not, I wasn't sure. I knew it was wrong to try and start a relationship while still having feelings for someone else. Zoe whispered for me to wait outside, knowing I'd rather be outside than in there trying to play the girl friend's role for her. Telling her she look good in whatever she tried on. I'm not very good at it.

With a long tired sigh I sat down on a bench, placing Zoe's other shopping bags in between my legs. Shadows crowded over me, blocking out the sun. I looked up and wished that instead of seeing her here with him, she was somewhere else, perhaps on some far away planet that she'd told me about once.

"Pete," She said in a way of greeting me. "How you been?"

I swallowed nervously as I glanced between them. "Oh you know, catching bad guys."

"You remember Colonel O'Neill, don't you?" Sam asked me.

"Yeah, how could I forget?" I sarcastically commented. "How's saving the universe?"

The grey haired man spied down at me from behind his dark sunglasses. "Getting more dangerous every day."

"Sure it is." I said getting up from the bench when I saw Zoe come out the shop behind them. "Did you get the dress?"

Zoe paused studying the couple and then came to stand beside me. "No. They didn't have it in my size."

"Well anyway. It was nice to see you again, Pete. We'll have to get together sometime and play catch up." Sam suggested as the Colonel guided her away.

"Yeah, you have my number." I said as they walked away lost in each other's eyes.

I hate him.

Zoe moved to stand in my view of them, taking her shopping bags from me. "Who was that?"

"No one." I said as I thought `Just someone who broke my heart'.

The End

Want to thank Nikki, for betaing (?) for me.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Katmellie