Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Special Bond

by Katmellie
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Special Bond

Special Bond

by Katmellie

Summary: An alternate version of Heroes Part II.
Category: Drabble, Humor
Episode Related: 718 HEROES Part 2
Season: future Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 02/17/04

Title: Special Bond Author: Katmellie Email: Katmellie@AOL.com (StargateLover69@Yahoo.co.uk) Category: Slight Humour, Comfort. Season: Season Seven. Spoilers: Heroes Part II (kind of). Summary: An alternate version of Heroes Part II. Rating: G Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author. Website: http://www.geocities.com/stargatelover69/

***********************************************************************

Looking at the tape in my hand, I knew she would want to see it. He'd made me promise, as he lay on the ground bleeding to death, that I would film it and show it to Sam. Show her his everlasting words that she should have been there to see. I tightened my grip on the small tape, held inside the fist of my left hand, and began to make my way from the elevator to her lab. It had been the first place she had gone, when we'd arrived back through the 'gate with the survivor's and Janet on stretchers.

The hatred I had seen her eyes, when I told her under a spray of flying dirt that he was gone, made me speechless. There'd been no stopping her as she shot and threw grenades at anything that moved, which wasn't wearing an SGC uniform. I watched with horror, as she took on a wounded Jaffa, kicking and punching the dying man till he fell down to his last resting place. Even Teal'c couldn't stop her when he'd tried to intervene. She'd only stopped when she'd seen his arm, hanging out from under the plastic sheet, and burst into tears. I didn't think she did that often, well... at least I didn't remember her being like that. Though it was special circumstances.

I paused outside the entrance to her lab, spying on her as she stared at her computer screen, aimlessly clicking her mouse at something. Clearing my throat quietly, I moved on inside and shoved my hands into my pockets, hiding the contents in my hand even more. She didn't even hear my boots clunked into her lab and come to stand her, while she typed something into the keyboard.

"Sam," I whispered, feeling like I was in church and had to be silent. "Can I talk to you for a minute?"

She didn't say anything. She carried on typing away, isolating herself away to the computer. I swallowed hard, taking my right hand out of my pocket to gently touch her shoulder. Her fingers typed and typed, ignoring my comforting hand that sat on her shoulder. Sam wasn't going to let anyone in. Not anymore. Squeezing her shoulder, I thought best to come back when she was ready to listen.

Exiting her lab out into the corridor, I bumped into Jack, causing him to hiss. "Watch it, Danny! Still recovering 'ere!"

"Sorry." I whispered to him, checking over my shoulder into Sam's lab.

"How's she doing?" Jack asked quietly. "I was just gonna go in and check on her."

I turned my head to look at him, saying. "She ain't talking to me. Though, you might have better luck than me."

He frowned at me as I pulled out the tape from my pocket. "Look, she needs to see this tape. Jacob wanted her to see it. She'll open up to you, you've got... a special bond with her that I don't."

"A what?" Jack exclaimed as I laid the tape into his hand.

"Jack, just go in there and get her to watch the tape." I ordered for once. He looked at me a little shocked, but one thing Jack O'Neill was good at was taking orders. Studying the small tape in his hand, he wandered passed me and into the dark lab. I stood outside the doorway, monitoring the situation inside.

"Hey, Carter." Jack said quietly.

Sniffled. "Hi, sir. What can I do for you?"

"Erm..." Jack stuttered. "Came to see how you're doing. How're you doing?"

"I'm dealing as best I can." Sam said shamelessly. "Losing Dad has brought back memories of my mom dying."

"I'm sorry, Carter." Jack emphasized. "Hey maybe we could call the Tok'ra up, and see if they know where a sac... one those bring back to life things is?"

"Maybe, sir." She chuckled. "You're trying, aren't you?"

In mind's eye, I saw him shrug his shoulders, brushing the question off. "Ya know what they say. Try, try, try and try again."

"Well, you would know all about that." She laughed.

"True, too true, Carter." Jack must have covered his mouth or something, as his words were muffled.

Curious, I peeked around the corner, nearly missing the two of them in the dark void in the corner, hidden in the darkness as they hugged each other. I'd heard they'd hugged earlier on that day, when I overheard some people chatting about it in the commissary. It was good to see it instead of hear about it. Janet would be thrilled once she heard I saw it.

"Oh yeah," Jack said into her shoulder before untangling himself from her, but not too much, he still kept an arm around her shoulders. "Danny said I had to get you to watch this ... DANNY!"

"Uh oh!" I uttered, looking at them both with wide eyes. "I was..."

"Going!" Jack ordered.

"Yeah, I was doing that." I agreed, pointing towards Jack and then Sam. "Commissary? Coffee? Cake? Later?"

Sam looked away into Jack's shoulder; her body shook visibly, as Jack said. "Daniel, get lost."

I nodded my head before leaving quickly, scared of the wrath of Colonel O'Neill's. Ribs hurting or not, he was one force to be reckon with, even when injured. Hiding in my lab from Bregman was bad enough, but now I'd have to think of a place that Jack wouldn't think about looking for me. Damn, stupid memory. How am I supposed to know, which places that he knows I've hidden in before.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Katmellie