Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

It's Real

by Kate
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
It's Real

It's Real

by Kate

TITLE: It's Real
AUTHOR: Kate
EMAIL: sorsha16@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Missing Scene/Epilogue, Romance
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: Need
SEASON / SEQUEL: 2
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: male/female relationship
SUMMARY: After the scene in Need where Daniel snaps at Sam. I figured somthing like that would be good for a cute little vignette.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Thank God I finally got my muse back. And just in time for me to move to the states. Beautiful.

"Can, um...can we talk?"

He glanced up slowly. Moving his eyes from his paperwork and up to the woman before his desk. He'd heard her come in and close the door. The General had threatened him with bodily harm if he hadn't worked on the reports he'd been avoiding the past few weeks.

"Sure." Jack settled back in his chair and stretched. Eyes stinging after reading medical reports and MALP reports. He smiled up to his second in command. He noticed the hurt in her face.

Something had happened. Something he wasn't sure of.

They'd been seeing each other, tentatively. Carefully bending regulations until it came to the point where they would have to break them. He knew it would come. There was too much between them to stop any relationship. Too much.

"What's up?" He motioned her to sit. Surprisingly she declined the chair and settled beside him, leaning against the desk. Her fingers gripped the metal tightly. Her eyes dropped and he set his own hand to hers.

"Hey, talk to me here." His voice quiet, eyes following her as she pulled a breath.

"It's nothing really, I just..." her breath paused. The blue eyes lifted to his, holding his gaze tightly.

"Daniel just said..."

He took a breath as she glanced away. Hurt blatant in her gaze. He didn't think Daniel would ever say anything to hurt her. What had happened?

"Sam?"

"He snapped at me, said I'd never known what real love was." She looked at him, eyes shining with threatening tears. Real tears...he'd never seen her cry.

"Daniel said that?" Jack arched a brow and stood before her. His hands slid up to grip her arms. Squeezing in reassurance.

"Yeah." She dipped her head to meet his chest and Jack settled his chin on her hair.

"You know it's not true." He whispered gently, "He probably didn't mean it Sam, he's having a hard time with this Shyla thing."

"It hurt Jack." She slipped her hands up to grip his shirt and pressed her forehead to his chest.

"I know." He sifted his fingers through her hair. His hands lifted her face and she watched quietly as he spoke.

"You know real love Sam," he smiled softly, "Every time Cassie sees you and hugs you, whenever I touch you. When you smile and joke with Janet. "

She glanced back down as he finished, a small smile lilting her lips. She lifted a hand to brush at her face.

"Thanks." Her voice quiet and calm.

"You're welcome." He tickled her and smiled when she laughed softly. "Now what do you say I take you home and prove it to you." He arched a brow with a grin.

"You wish."

"Well actually"

"Jack."

"What?" he smirked.

"Shut up."

O'Neill laughed softly and squeezed her hand. "Yes ma'am."

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Kate