Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Allergies and Romeo

by Kate
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Allergies and Romeo

Allergies and Romeo

by Kate

TITLE: Allergies and Romeo
AUTHOR: Kate
EMAIL: sorsha16@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Sam/Jack, Humor, POV, Thoughts
SPOILERS: None
SEASON / SEQUEL: Ummm...this kind of goes with Day at the Bar because they're both from a stranger's pov
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: male/female relationship, language
SUMMARY: Let's just say that if I worked in a flower store and our dear Jack sauntered in, this would be my reaction.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: For Tate, TTL. May she find her way in the world of work and may I find my way in the wrold of Americans
^-^
0



I have no idea what I was thinking. I mean c'mon, all you need is some common sense to figure it out. If you have allergies to pollen, don't work in a flower store. It should be that simple, ya know? Course it was the only job I could get during break and I really need the money. And flowers are pretty.

They're also-



Nevermind....

I dunno, I love this job. I've noticed what flowers do to people. Kids come in with one parent, smiling and about to buy the other parent some gorgeous bouquet. Then there are the men with embarrassed glints in their eyes.

Someone's in the doghouse.

They always get the big bouquets, usually roses. Then there's the occasional chick that waltzes in with a whimsical glaze in her eyes and a smile curving her lips. She plays around in the carnations, sometimes the lilies. But usually they turn to the roses.

Ouch...then there are the good looking, confident hotties that swagger in happily. Like that fine piece of artwork right there. I've got a thing for older guys so the grey'ish hair kinda does it for me. He is so well built. Mmmmm...

"Do you have any yellow roses?" He has the most gorgeous brown eyes. Ohhh...please say you're buying them for your mother.

Please-

"She only likes the yellow and we have a date in half an hour."

Grrrr...What is up with that?

Why can't I have a guy like- wait a minute.

Is that a uniform under that coat...oh god.

Men in uniform. Older men in uniform...I'm gonna drool on the counter.

"Miss?"

"Uh, yeah..." that was smooth. "In the back corner, how many do you want?"

He scratches the back of his neck and glances around. His eyes dart over all the other flowers.

"Six of the yellow and could I get two of those white lilies?" Oh, he has a gorgeous voice. Slow and casual. He's not from Colorado though. His accent is slow and smooth. Northeastern. Like Boston or Chicago. Not New York though.

"Sure, do you want to pick them out or can I get them for you?"

"Could you please?" his smile.... breath in, breath out.

Well, I might as well be nice; it's not him I despise. It's the chick who got to him before me. Simmer, easy tiger.

"So," I retrieve his flowers and start wrapping them. "What's her name?"

He glances up with a grin, "Samantha." His eyes light up and it's so...icky. God you can see he's falling pretty hard. Wish somebody's face would light up like that when they talk about me.

"You been together long?" I hand him over a card to write a message on and he takes it carefully. Pulling a pen from his blue uniform pocket. Blue-is that Navy or Air Force?

"Best friends for four years."

Okay so that is kinda sweet. I can't help a smile but that's only because I'm checking him out. Just my luck, I meet that man of my dreams as he's buyin' flowers for his sweetie.

Life sucks.

"Must be great."

I can't help but glance at the card as I slip it into the bouquet. 'Stuck with me forever Luvs, Jack'

Oh, c'mon. Not fair. Not damn fair!!!!!

I'm gonna go pout in the corner now.

I make sure the checkout process is a little slower than usual. Like she needs him right now, she'll obviously have him for awhile. I'm just borrowing him.

"Thank you."

Look at that, he's even polite.

I want that for Christmas.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Kate