Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Sounds of Promise, The

by Kate
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Sounds of Promises

The Sounds of Promises

by Kate

TITLE: The Sounds of Promises
AUTHOR: Kate
EMAIL: sorsha16@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Sam & Jack / songfic
SPOILERS: none
SEASON / SEQUEL: ummm...fourth cause that's when the song came out...maybe third
RATING: PG-13
CONTENT WARNINGS: ju' a little dancin' / language / male/female relationship
SUMMARY: Ummm...I started this about half and hour before I left for an Eve 6 concert then finished it the next day. So inspired by real events...sort of. Jack finds out Sam's favorite song.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Feedback...hmmm...mmm mmm good. Ummm...flames will only serve to piss me off. You can send em' if ya want,i'll just trash em'. Feedback would be very lovely though.

For once, he knew he'd done well. He had the idea she would enjoy her evening. The idea had come to him on a slow Tuesday night. He'd been on his way home, just leaving the base. He'd found her at her computer. Fingers flying across the board in time to the rock music spewing from her stereo. It was late and he leaned casually in the doorway. Straining to hear the music. He quickly recognized the strains of alternative rock. He had the same CD at home. As he listened to Eve 6's promises he smiled as she mouthed the words. He watched her pause a moment, teeth nibbling thoughtfully on her lower lip. At the more colorful promise of not "fucking with your mind" she grinned and nodded. Her fingers began typing again. Jack muffled a laugh with his hand and smirked. Making his own quiet promise.

Presently Jack pulled slowly into her driveway and shut the car off. With a breath he ran his hand along his pocket making sure they were still there. He laughed when she stepped out her door with a grin. Jack rose out of the car, leaning on his open door. She made her way to the other side before he could.

"I hate surprises." she murmured and tossed him a smile, easing her long legs into the car. Her thigh length skirt straining against the well-muscled legs. He smiled appreciatively at her tight sleeveless shirt and nodded.

"I know." He got back in the car and leaned to her. "You look good though."

"Mmmm..."her hand pulled his face forward, "I still don't like this."

Jack grinned and placed a gentle kiss to Sam's lips, "You will"

She glanced softly across the car and smirked. He wore the shirt she liked. The black cotton, long sleeves rolled up, white shirt beneath it. With a cocked smile she pondered his surprise. What was he up to? With a breath she slid her hand over and settled it on his thigh, comfortable in his presence.

"Where are we going?" she whispered gently and squeezed his leg.

"The Civic Centre in Denver." he looked to her quickly then glanced back to the road.

Sam squinted in speculation, "If this is another hockey game-"

"It's not." he smiled and shook his head gently.

"Just wait baby, you'll see."

She pulled a deep and disbelieving breath then glanced to the highway. Seriously thinking her evening, with a grin.

"Close your eyes Sam."

Against her better judgement she did as told and shut her blues. She felt him lift her from the car and guide her through the parking lot. She'd arched a brow in confusement when he'd pulled off the black cotton to reveal the white ribbed cotton shirt. It met the top of his low riding jeans. Tight across the muscles of his chest. Now she felt him guide her across the doorway. She could hear the riotous mumbling of at least a hundred people. Sounded like a hockey game to her. He'd stopped at the gate, ticket booth more than likely. She licked her lips and gripped his hands tightly, silently reminding herself to never wear heels on one of Jack's surprise trips again.

He stood before her and smiled. The crowd was getting large but they had gotten pretty close to the stage. He watched a smile twitch the corners of her mouth. Her lips a deep shade of burgundy, matching her shirt.

"Okay Sam, open em'." He smiled wide.

Her blues fluttered open quickly and looked around her, taking in the entire scene. The ice had been melted and replaced by a temp floor. A stage was set up at one end. Crowds of teens and twenty something's were chatting and laughing around her. A few people more their age scattered between.

"Jack?" she shook her head in confusion.

He smiled and leaned to her ear. "Promise not to try not fuck with your mind."

She looked to him quickly, her brow furrowed. After a moment her eyes lit and a wild smile curved her lips.

He laughed as she gripped his face and yanked him into a kiss. They stood there a few moments, mouths locked, arms wrapped around each other. She moaned softly and contentedly then pulled back.

"How'd you know?" she touched his face.

"Intuition." he grinned and cocked his head.

She smacked him playfully and laughed. He touched her lips and nodded, "Heard it one night when you were workin' in the lab."

"Thank you Jack." she smiled softly and fingered his collar.

For once, he knew he'd done well.

Very well.

***I heard a bang and stars collided***
***Her skin drew me in just like magnet***
***Little Girl,my little world is yours***

She laughed and trembled at the feeling of the music thudding through her chest. It rose in a wave from the floor and up through her body. Thumping a heavy beat in her blood. The music was loud but her hearing had been dulled by the opening band. Sam held her breath as the lead singer held a note and she felt Jack's hand slide across her waist. He was right behind her. Close enough to glide his waist across hers while dancing but separate enough to breathe in the crowded auditorium. With a wide smile she swayed her hips across his groin and slid down in slow torture. Her hands trailed his chin from in front of him as she rose back up and the moved together to the beat. His hands settled on her body,one at her waist,the other layingclaim to her abs.

Jack kissed her softly and just barely,in the midst of drunken teenagers and doped up punks she heard him whisper one word.

"Promise."

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Kate