Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

First Date Slow

by Kate
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
First Date Slow

Kate

Title: First Date Slow
Author: Kate
Email: sorsha16@hotmail.com
Category: Romance, Drama
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Season: 5
Rating: PG-13
Content Warnings: adult themes, language
Status: Completed
Summary: Just a first date.
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
Author's notes: I wrote it awhile ago...just handing it over to you guys.

~~"So, now what?"~~
~~"We take it slow."~~
~~"How slow?"~~
~~"First date kind of slow."~~

She looked gently to her mirror and brushed the bangs back from her eyes. Her fingers trailed the tired bags beneath the shining blues and she growled in discouragement. She slid her fingers along her cheek then over her lips, the same movement he'd used the evening before.

~~"You mean roses and fancy dinner...that kinda first date?"~~

Sam smirked at the pure look of fear he had tossed her. She remembered it easily. The glint of humor that had sparkled in his gaze. The crooked grin he'd tossed her before catching her lips in a kiss.

She'd never expected that kiss.

Carter leaned against the sink, reveling in the simple memory. So many things had pushed them together, so many events in their lives. All it had taken was a gentle kiss to win her over.

"Sam, honey? You still here?" Carter snapped back to reality and kicked open her bathroom door. Janet had offered to come over before the 'date' and help her get ready.

Sam had the idea that she just wanted to gossip over O'Neill and his tactics.

"I'm in the bathroom." She tossed out and tightened her robe around her. She fluffed her hair a bit and entered into the bedroom just as Frasier found her way in.

"Hey," the doctor smirked and set down a small bag along with her purse on the bed, "Figure out what you're wearing yet?"

Carter shook her head and flopped down on her bed, leaning back against the headboard.

"No, a skirt, probably a sweater." She crossed her legs and smiled to her friend.

"That gray one you wore to the General's Christmas party last week, he couldn't keep his eyes off you." Janet sat opposite her on the bed and smirked quietly. Carter grinned as her doctor friend tossed the bag to her and nodded.

"What is it?" Sam pulled a small box from the bag and looked it over.

"Early Christmas present from me and Cassie." Janet smiled and motioned for her to open it, "We figured you might want it tonight."

She slowly opened it, eyes lighting with wonder. She glanced over it quietly then lifted a bright gaze to the doctor.

"It's gorgeous." Sam lifted the necklace from the velvet box carefully. The silver chain sparkled and dipped to a single teardrop. A sapphire stone set in the small shape, shining brightly.

"Cass picked it out, she said you'd like it and I figured Colonel O'Neill might like it too." Frasier smirked good naturedly at her friend and winked.

Carter laughed gently and tossed her the other woman a smile. "We'll see Jan, we'll see."

He was fidgeting. It was bad enough he was nervous, but he couldn't keep still. He didn't like being nervous, ever. It just wasn't normal for him and it...annoyed him.

"Jack, calm down." Daniel grinned and tossed O'Neill a black crew sweater from the Colonel's closet. Jack glared at him

"Sorry, but you're not the one going on your first date here."

~~"First date kind of slow."~~

Daniel held back the gentle laugh and turned to his friend. He was mildly amused at the turn of events. Jack had just expected to seduce her and get it over with. He gave Carter credit for drawing it out a bit. She was teaching their dear Colonel some patience, which he was definitely in need of.

"I can't believe she's making you do this." Jackson sat comfortably on the chair in O'Neill's living room and waited for his friend to make some smart remark. Nothing followed and he found Jack instead staring at himself in the mirror.

"Hey, earth to Jack." The younger man leaned in; "you guys'll be fine."

"What if I mess this up Daniel?" O'Neill spared him a glance before pulling the crew sweater over a crisp white T-shirt.

"She just wants you to take it slow," Jackson shrugged, "she's not testing you."

"I know, I just don't want to...I don't wanna hurt her."

"You won't Jack," Daniel smiled and stood to leave, "She's got her heart set on you."

"And..." O'Neill smirked, "It's Christmas."

"It's Christmas." Daniel agreed.

She sat quietly in the restaurant, studying other couples. Her eyes flickered over the elderly couple smiling over wine and shrimp. The twenty somethings with a table full of food and eyes full of romance. Sam sighed and looked herself over.

Her fingers played with the black wool of her skirt, cut just above her knees. Trailed the hem with her fingertips.

She wasn't so sure about the outfit Janet had come up with. A charcoal cowl neck sweater, the woolen black skirt, and a pair of tall black leather boots that Sam hadn't worn since college. They rounded her calves and cut just below the knee. She had ardently disagreed with Frasier on those boots. Only to be tossed the 'don't you wanna be noticed' routine.

Carter fingered her necklace and smiled to the waiter as he set down her water glass. Her fingertips dancing over the stone as she watched the snowfall outside the window.

"Waiting for someone?"

Her eyes lifted quickly, a smile lilting her lips. She stood slowly and stepped to him. Sam held a breath when his hand slipped to her side. She smiled softly as he placed a gentle kiss to her cheek. Very gentlemen like.

She tossed him a grin and a laugh when he pulled out two red, long stemmed roses from behind his back.

"Roses and fancy dinner." He pulled out her chair as she nodded and returned to the table. Her flowers to her nose. They smelled sweet; the distinct smell almost forgotten. It had been so long since she'd gotten roses.

"Have you been waiting long?" he wiped his hands on his cream colored slacks and smiled. He was more nervous now than he had been earlier, his hands were sweating.

It just wasn't right.

Her eyes lifted and she shook her head in a quiet 'no'. He studied her gently, eyes falling quietly over her face. Rarely did she look so beautiful. Her wide eyes were lined slightly with shadow, darkened a bit to bring out the color. Her bangs curled and small wisps of hair curved to her cheeks. Her face was flushed in the warmth of the restaurant and the slow realization that he was staring at her. She smiled and he became quickly aware of the deep red of her lips. It was a shame she couldn't wear make-up on missions. She just dusted her fine features with the colorings but she looked perfect. The dark roses were settled before her. Held lightly, twisting in her fingers.

"You look..."he shook his head with a soft smile, "perfect."

Her cheeks flushed from the compliment, "Thanks Colonel..."

They caught a gaze and he shook his head slightly, brow furrowed. She took a deep breath in understanding.

"Thank you, Jack." She amended and took a drink of her water. Her blues dancing with humor.

Their conversation slowly turned onto work, friends, even family. He was more than willing to speak of his brother and sister, but getting to speak of his late son or ex-wife was fruitless. She gave him the same treatment when he pushed to hear of her mother. It wasn't a subject broached easily.

"I'm sorry." He shook his head, "I shouldn't have asked about her."

"It's okay." Sam settled her fork down. Their meal had come and gone, both were nearly finished. "It's just a touchy subject."

"Sam, you don't have to explain it to me." He reached out a hand to touch her face. She looked up to find him studying her face. Without realizing it she leaned into his fingers.

"The main reason is..." she shrugged, "I don't want to realize how much I miss her."

He touched her hair and nodded, "It's a legitimate reason." They held a slow gaze and he nodded in support. She smiled back and without thought leaned in.

"Are you going to kiss me here or not?" she whispered quietly as his eyes trailed over her lips.

"On the first date?" he grinned and she shook her head. He laughed when she pulled him forward by the sweater. Her lips were warm on his and his fingers slipped up into her hair quickly. Sam lifted her hands to his face, holding him there as her tongue tripped over his bottom lip. He moaned quietly and slipped open his mouth, sparring his tongue with hers.

Their separation was slow and careful, her eyes hooded and shy. Nothing like he would expect from his Major. She went back to her plate and moved the food around a bit, not really eating anymore.

"What do you say to a walk?" he nodded to the window, offering a hand.

"It's cold outside." She offered.

"I'll keep you warm." He smirked and rose, motioning to the waiter. The young man quickly made his way forward and took the check and the money, vowing to return momentarily. Jack retrieved their coats and offered a hand. She took it and rose, slipping on her jacket as he held it out for her.

"You're being such a gentleman. It's very disconcerting." Sam shook her head and buttoned the wool coat.

"I figured you deserved it." He shrugged and pulled on his own coat. She blushed as he pulled off his scarf and slipped it over her shoulders.

"Thank you." She nodded. Her hands encased in leather gloves. O'Neill received his receipt and change from the waiter and put it away quickly. He offered a hand as they left. Tentatively she slipped her fingers in his, wrapping her other hand around his arm as well. They left the small building quickly and exited out onto the sidewalk.

Jack tucked her close as they made their way down the city walk. Tossing out jokes and soft comments. He reveled in the sound of her laughter. She always laughed at his jokes.

"Seriously Sam, you look beautiful tonight." He squeezed her fingers and she nodded gently in thanks. Her eyes traveled down his body in return. The heavy wool coat fit well over the tan chinos and black crew sweater.

"And you're looking very..." she shook her head, "gorgeous."

Jack laughed and shook his head, "Gorgeous huh? Don't tell Ferretti."

"Oh yes, your macho ego would be all battered." She smirked up at him in the dim sidewalk lights. He looked at her for a few seconds. He noticed her shiver a bit and he settled a warm kiss to her temple. They were stopped before a small bar, lights dimmed and music filtering from the doorway.

"Wanna get a quick drink?" he rubbed her arm, "Warm you up a bit."

She nodded slowly and rolled her neck. Stretching the cold aches in her muscles.

They walked in quietly and slowly. He steered her to a booth in the back then moved to get them two drinks. She watched him as he waited at the bar.

He was acting so...sweet. It was a nice reprieve from his normal gruff stature. She enjoyed his sweet comments and cute jokes. He was looking very, very good and her mouth was watering as she watched him lean over the bar.

"Okay." She snapped a grin as he neared the table; "here you go."

She watched him slide her vodka Collins over and settled a scotch for himself. She made a small mew of disappointment when he went to slide in opposite her. He looked up as she offered the seat beside her. His smile was well known as he sat beside her. She moved his arm and snuggled up beside him. Jack tossed a surprised glance and settled his arm around her shoulders.

"I'm not sure this counts as first date behavior Sam." He whispered into her hair.

"Just shut up and hold me." Her breath was warm on his chest, even through the sweater.

"Yes ma'am." He grinned and fingered her locks.

He wondered at their situation as they sat there, He knew that her mind was wandering as well. His hand sifted through her hair and he kissed the top of her head. They were already so comfortable in each other's presence; this seemed no different than usual. Save for the fact they were sharing kisses instead if beers.

"We really shouldn't be doing this." He murmured gently, allowing her room to sit up. She looked up quietly, pain in her eyes after his words.

"Do you want to be doing this?" she asked him softly.

Jack shook his head and shrugged, "You know I do."

"Good," her mouth settled on his neck, trailing soft kisses along his skin. "Because this is what I want to be doing."

He moaned softly as her lips moved along his jaw, slowly tripping to his lips. He gripped her face to his as he took her mouth hungrily. No thought of court martial or compromising positions.

No thoughts at all.

"I want you." He whispered quietly holding her face as her eyes snapped. "Not just tonight."

She nodded in agreement and tugged him close, mouth landing heavy on his. He slid his hands up her sides, gripping her ribcage. He slid her back, holding her apart from him.

"We have to figure this all out." He wiped his mouth and touched her face.

She shuddered and dropped her forehead against his chest. She lifted her knuckles against closed eyes. "Oh God."

"Sam, do you want this to continue?" he lifted her face.

"Why would I want a first date," she leaned into him, breath faltering, "If I didn't want a second, or a third."

~~"So now what?"~~
~~"We take it slow."~~
~~"How slow?"~~
~~"Second date kind of slow."~~

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Kate