Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

His Torture

by Kate
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
His Torture

His Torture

by Kate

TITLE: His Torture
AUTHOR: Kate
EMAIL: sorsha16@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Sam/Jack, Angst, Drama, Romance
SPOILERS: None
SEASON / SEQUEL: any
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: adult themes, angst, language, male/female relationship
SUMMARY: Just a date for Jack..but who's he going home with?
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Just wrote this one slow evening while thinking of Jack dating.
Technobabble vs Psychobabble....
For Mac, even if she isn an S&J'er
Feedback...food of the Gods...well not the Goa'uld gods but...nevermind...
For Tate and the Gypsies as well.

Exquisite torture.

He'd most certainly heard the phrase before. He'd just never really thought about it. He took a large drink from his glass and nodded to his date. The woman that Makepeace had set him up with was nice, but she talked...constantly. He thought techno-babble was bad. Psychobabble was worse. Makepeace would pay for setting him up with a shrink.

Now back to his torture.

Jack glanced back across the restaurant to a table that was roaring with a thunder of raucous giggles. One certain laugh he knew stood out above the rest. Her eyes flashed as she laughed with Janet and a few other women from the base. He watched her as she spoke, eliciting more laughter from the group. He would have given anything to hear what she said. Not out of curiosity, he just loved her voice. It was seductive. Especially when she was cracking a joke, or sharing a revelation of some sort. The way her lips wrap around the most important word. How her voice rolls gently off her tongue...

Ahem....anyways.

O'Neill looked to his drink, then raised his eyes and smiled as his date laughed at her own joke, which he had thankfully missed. His reveling in his 21C had distracted him a bit.

"So Jack," he looked back to his date as she spoke, "what do you do in that mountain?"

"Deep space radar telemetry." He nodded and nearly laughed at her glazed look.

"Must be fun." she recovered quickly.

"Yeah," he looked down. "You have no idea."

His eyes were caught as a guy stepped to the table of women. His gaze burned into the college kid as he asked Carter to dance. Jack nearly growled when she accepted and stood to meet the brunette young man. A sarcastic comment stopped at his lips when he saw what she was wearing.

Leather pants?

Jack groaned and shifted in his seat. Katherine, his date, sat across from him speaking again about her work. The vision of well muscled, long legs clad in black leather gripped his mind and sent it reeling into the gutter. The long sleeved maroon shirt shoved him a little farther. The dipped neckline signing away his conscience to Satan.

"So, have you been married before?" O'Neill looked to the blond before him.

"Yeah," he nodded, "things didn't really work out..."

"Same here," she smiled, "how was I supposed to know he beat on his wives."

He caught a hint of sadness in her blues eyes and smiled in reassurance.

Blue eyes, blond hair...babbling.

Why was it she shared the same attributes.... and yet, she wasn't as beautiful.

Jack felt a little bad for his behavior so far and offered a hand, "would you like to dance?"

She nodded gently and they rose together, stepping gently to the dance floor.

They were silent for most of the dance and O'Neill found his eyes to be wandering quite a bit. He watched as Sam was taken to the dance floor twice more. Janet once or twice. He found himself watching her move, her mannerisms were well known. He knew exactly when she was about to tuck away a stray strand of hair. The exact moment she was going to take a deep breath, or speak softly to a friend. He knew the way her mouth moved, how her eyes widened at some lewd comment from a friend.

He knew how she

"What's her name Jack?" he quickly looked to the woman in his arms. Her voice had been sullen.

"Hmmm?" he shook away the thoughts of his friend and concentrated on her. Maybe for the first time that evening.

"The blond over there...she has your attention." Katherine pulled out of his arms. "I'm hoping you know her because I don't think you would be so rude to stare at a total stranger all evening."

"I'm sorry." he shook his head, "This is unfair for you."

He lifted his gaze and watched her nod and smile weakly.

"Does she know?" the psychiatrist cocked her head.

"Know what?" he arched a brow.

Katherine just smirked and touched his arm. "I'm gonna leave now, before I lose any dignity."

"I'm sorry." he whispered and shook his head.

"It's okay," she nodded, "Just let me know how things turn out."

He tossed a confused glance as she stepped away to retrieve her things then leave. It seemed an eternity he stood there. He pondered her words, his actions. Scolded himself for being so rude, selfish. Had he known that Carter was to be at the same restaurant he'd have thought twice of his choice.

"Colonel O'Neill?"

His back straightened at the sound of her voice, shoulders squared. Jack turned and met her smile.

"Hey Carter." he took a deep breath. "What're you doing here?"

"I was about to ask you the same thing...what happened to your date?" her eyes flickered and he watched emotions fall through them. What was that he saw in her gaze? Disappointment...nah, only in his dreams.

"She uh..."he looked away, "listen Carter. It's been a long day."

He flinched when her hand curled around his arm. He'd been stepping away when she'd reached out. He could feel the warmth of her fingers as she gripped his bicep. Like fire burning through the black cotton.

"I saw you." her voice was hushed and gentle.

"Yeah," he swallowed, "I saw you too."

"No," she shook her head and slowly untwined her tapered fingers from his arm, "I saw you watching me."

What was a guy supposed to say to that. He could say he regretted being a peeping Tom for the better part of the evening. But was he really sorry?

"Yeah," he whispered, "And I saw you flouncing around with that little preppy boy over there."

He did regret that, knew it was wrong as soon as the words fell from his mouth. He had a bad problem with jealousy.

"Excuse me?" her blues flared with a flash of acid. "I wasn't 'flouncing' with anyone."

He watched her chest rise and fall in indignation. Her chin stepped up a notch in pure stubbornness and he turned to face her fully.

"Then explain to me the use of leather pants." he flipped a hand at her legs and she stepped back.

"I happen to be enjoying a night out with my friends." she snapped, forgetting her place.

He knew it would come to this. Every emotion was culminating between them. That was why he'd agreed to the blind date. After all the thing they had gone through, Especially with the whole alternate 'Sam' just going back through the mirror days ago. He knew she'd seen him kiss her.

Kiss her.

They'd been edgy around each other. Careful of what they said, avoiding each other on base. Curt with each other on missions.

"You're also very out of order Captain."

He watched her eyes widen but she kept her mouth shut, as any trained soldier with a decent amount of respect would. She shook her head and folded her arms across her chest.

"We have to talk about this." her tone even.

"About what?" he cocked his head innocently.

Carter let forth a growl of discouragement and dropped her arms. "Nevermind, if you don't want to deal with me, I'll leave."

"Sam..."

"That way you don't have talk about it, heaven forbid you'd have to admit to any emotions." he watched her snap then stalk away. She flew back to the table and tossed her friends a curt good night. Their gazes slowly fell to him then back to Carter. Jack let out a deep sigh. Fire burned in Frazier's gaze and he lifted his hands and nodded to her. He quickly followed hid second in command out of he restaurant.

Wondering how he'd gotten himself into this in the first place.

Oh yeah.... leather pants.

The cool air felt somewhat refreshing on her flushed skin. She's felt the burn of a blush when she'd walked through the doors and felt his eyes on her. Had she know he would've been there, she would have rethought her ensemble. The problem wasn't the burning of her cheeks; it was the sting in her eyes. Sam growled to herself and swore not to cry. She didn't understand why she was so damn emotional lately when it came to that man...except the whole other 'sam' thing.

"Carter."

Sam picked up her step and headed for her car quicker at the sound of his voice. She leaned against the wall as she walked, using it as a support.

"Good night Colonel." her voice was strained through clenched teeth.

"Carter, hey...damn it Sam."

She flinched when she felt him run up behind her. Even thought of running when his grip settled on her arm.

She wouldn't run. She was a Carter. Carters didn't run from their fear. Or from themselves.

"Sir, I really don't think-"her voice broke up as he pushed her back against the concrete wall. She tried to shy away but his eyes held her in the shadows of the alleyway.

"What did you mean?" he shook his head, hand still gripped on her wrist. She barely noticed that his grip had loosened that his thumb was stroking her wrist softly.

"Colonel?" she tossed him a confused glance.

"About facing my emotions." anger crossed with wonder simmered in his chocolate gaze and she let a breath go.

"You hide behind sarcasm." her voice but a whisper. Sorry she's said it at all. Still, he'd had to hear it from someone.

"Sarcasm and guilt." Her eyes slowly lifted again.

"And you hide behind your intelligence, work." he snapped back.

"I do not." her voice raised in pitch.

"Come on Samantha." he droped her hand but closed the gap between them. Her breath snapped and caught in her throat.

"Everyone knows how much you work." he eyes traced her features. "How many hours you spend in the lab."

She stopped breathing when his hand lifted to stroke a stray lock behind her ear.

"Everyone knows that you hide in your experiments."

Carter gulped and shifted as he inched closer. His eyes met hers, silently daring her to run. Offering her a chance before his hands swept up to her face.

She didn't take it.

Jack held her face as he pressed her to the cool concrete of the restaurant. His eyes followed the contours of her face and she bit her lip.

"Everyone knows you blame yourself." her voice was quiet but indignant.

His brow tightened in pain but she kept going.

"Everyone knows how much you hate what's inside." she held tightly to his shirt, needed something to hold as she searched for balance.

"Everybody..."

"shhh..."he shook his head, pain riveting in his browns.

She swallowed again and leaned in gently. Her eyes met his and in an instant he felt every emotion that went through her eyes arc between them.

"I..."he shook his head and dropped his eyes.

With a cautionary breath and a trembling hand she lifted his face back to meet hers. Her lips brushed his softly and he moaned at the warmth and open invitation.

"Samantha." His hands caught the sides of her face and she held his gaze. He watched as she smiled weakly and pressed her lips back to his again. The kiss they shared was warm in the slow cool evening. His grip on her tightened and he pressed her tight to the wall. Sam sifted her hand up through his hair and sighed into his lips. They parted but stayed close. His forehead met hers but both held eyes cast down. Her breathing was quick and she wiped quickly at her mouth.

"I need to feel again."

She flinched at his words and her eyes snapped back up. Sam let her hand fall from his hair to settle on his neck, then linger on his face. Her palm curled at his cheek and he placed a kiss to her wrist. Testing the waters.

"You'll feel Jack." her fingers trailed his eyes, lips, fell down his chin. "I'll make you feel."

Suddenly, all at once, he could feel everything. The warmth of her body pressed to his. The soft flutter of the breeze from her bedroom window. He watched as the wind ruffled her blond hair and he smiled as she shivered in slumber. Jack pulled the quilt tighter around her and he pulled her closer in his embrace, savoring the feel of her body, warm and open to him. He smiled as she whispered some inaudible sentence in her sleep. The sun dappled through the window, lighting her hair a golden hue.

He pulled a long deep shuddering breath and looked to her as she moaned softly in his arms. Jack placed a kiss on top of her blond head and settled his cheek against her hair. Just reveling in the feel of her.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Kate