Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

He Cried

by Kate
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
He Cried

He Cried

by Kate

Title: He Cried
Author: Kate
Email: sorsha16@hotmail.com
Category: Drama, Action/Adventure, Angst
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Season: 5
Rating: PG
Content Warnings: language
Status: Completed
Summary: Jack plays hero.
No...she doesn't die->so don't yell at me! :o)
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
Author's notes: I just wrote this because I was bored and I figured it was time to add something to my ever growing list of stories.

He saw her eyes scream in a pain he'd never seen. Jack swallowed back a yelp and ducked down as another shot flew past him. He looked out to her again. Her body was crumpled beneath her, head to the side. Her mouth was open...trying to call out to him. Her eyes just kept screaming, loud and clear. The blue orbs ripping at him. They tore him open. He dropped his head down quickly as an energy blast shot over his shoulder, striking the tree behind him. He crouched tight to the rock and searched out for any sign of their other two teammates.

He looked to her again, letting forth a soft groan as she coughed up blood. The stark crimson trickling cold across her paled skin. But her eyes still held him as her fingers flexed. Then she blinked.

And her body seized up hard beneath her. He choked back as a scream of agony tore from her lips. A harsh sob and a cry that he swore carried his name.

He'd lost his weapon...he'd lost her.

Jack looked to her again. Her body was stained with a scorch, and blood. A staff weapon injuring her lithe body. Her forehead was cut, and the sticky blood ebbed slowly from the cut. He watched her stretch her fingers out to him...one more time. Her eyes pleading.

Her eyes screaming.

He ran for her then. Without thinking, without breathing. He stumbled across the open field, senses screaming that it was wrong. It was stupid.

But it was Sam.

Suddenly he heard a gunshot...a gunshot. Daniel, or Teal'c, or God himself. He didn't give a damn. Jack lunged hard for her as he caught sight of a staff blast. He grunted hard as he landed. Landed wrong on his shoulder, or his arm...it didn't matter. O'Neill pulled her to him, covering her body with his.

She called out softly again as he tried to move her. He held her so tight, lifting her into his arms.

Her eyes matched his again, and he pulled her tight to him as he stumbled to the trees, moving as fast as he could. Just trying to get her safe...to save her.

He dropped to his knees, ducking against that same boulder that he had earlier claimed. His lungs racking for breath as he tried to move her gently. He looked to her eyes again, searching for the emotion.

They were closed.

"No, Sam." The moan fell thick from his lips as he held her head carefully, stroking his hand down her throat. Searching for a pulse.

For anything.

"Jack."

Daniel's voice was in the background. He knew it was there, but it wasn't hers. So it didn't matter to him. At that moment, he needed to hear her. Anything, she could call him every name in the damn book, if only she would open those blues and talk to him.

He knew that in that moment Daniel and Teal'c were there. He saw, without seeing, the blood washed over Jackson's face. He was hurt...and so was she.

But in that moment...he felt her move.

"Carter...Sam." The tone of his voice had become commanding. Hoping maybe, just maybe he could shake out that military training and wake her up. Something in her snapped, and her body shuddered.

Her eyes opened.

But they weren't screaming anymore.

She was crying.

"Jack."

He held her carefully and nodded, "Yeah?"

"Thank you."

"You're welcome...let's get you home." His eyes burned...and he cried.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Kate