Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Hallucinations of the mind

by Kahiara
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Hallucinations of the mind

Hallucinations of the mind

by Kahiara

Category: Drabble, Drama, Future Story, Hurt/Comfort, Mystery, Romance
Season: Season 6
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 04/15/03

_Hallucinations of the mind..._

It was cold. P4X-732 was dark and cold and full of trees tress and more trees to Colonel O'Neill's dismay. Spiky branches and plants everywhere. After about an hour of aimless walking he ordered SG-1 home...

"Daniel we can't stay here and examine rocks all day. In fact there are none even to my dismay. I mean trees! Grrrrrrrr."

"Artifacts, Jack not stones."

"Whatever."

"Carter dial up the gate" Jack ordered but after 3minutes there was no sound of the gate connecting to Earth or Carter.

"Carter?" Jack called. "For cyrin' out loud. Where are you?"

"Major Carter!" Teal'c yelled.

"Sam?" Daniel questioned.

"Get it away... Where are you. I can't see you..." A voice whimpered. The three men searched the area and then Jack suddenly tripped over something.

"Carter are you all right?" Jack had found her curled up by a lot of prickly plants. Slowly Daniel and Teal'c arrived.

"AAAAAHHH who are you? Help me someone. Jack where are you? Daniel! Teal'c!"

"We are right here Major Carter. In front of you." Teal'c replied.

"Your lying you...your not my friends... your... your aliens! Your imitating them. I hear their voices but I don't see them. Where are you guys??? I'm scared..."

"Sam..." Jack said not realizing he had said her real name, "I'm here" He laid a hand on her shoulder, "Cmon look at me..."

"Sir? J...Ja..Jack?"

"I'm here." After this comment Sam immediately lurched toward him. She clung on to him if her life depended on it. She was trembling. She was shaking so much that Jack was starting to feel cold.

"Carter what was that all about?"

"What do you mean was? They're still here...they're looking at me."

"O-kkkkkkay. Let's get you back home and the Doc can have a look at you." Jack gave her his hand and helped her up. Then satisfied she wouldn't fall down he let go and walked off to Daniel who was dialing the gate in Sam's absence.

"Sir?? Don't leave me. I can't do this without you. I'm too scared to move. They... they're ...they.." Sam's words faded out and keeled over, she fell onto the spiky plant and ended up on a sharp piece of glass hidden underneath it causing a severe wound on the left side of her body.

"Carter... Oh God..." Jack was distraught when he saw her, blood was seeping through her t-shirt and it was running all over his hands. "Carter, I'm gonna get you home OK. You're going to be fine." He didn't know if he meant those words but he had to be confident and have hope.

"It's SG-1's sir."

"Open the Iris" Hammond ordered. Seconds later the group of four appeared, Daniel to the right, Teal'c to the left and Jack in the middle carrying and unconscious, "Medical team to the gateroom"

"Colonel what happened?"

"I'm not sure sir. She...she just went crazy."

"De-briefing in half-an-hour people. Jack, get yourself cleaned up and don't worry Doctor Fraiser will look after her."

"Yes sir."

"What happened on P4X-732?" Hammond inquired.

"Well Daniel was looking for rocks" Jack said.

"Artifacts" Daniel intervened.

"And I found Carter crouching down by a bush terrified of everyone. I can't explain it sir."

"I concur with O'Neill. It was most perculiar."

"Dr Fraiser s still awaiting the test results but she says she would like to ask you all for any information that might help alongside the tests. Dismissed."

"Sam let me treat you. This injection will help you get better and reduce the pain for your injury." Janet pleaded with her friend.

"I don't know you! Why do you all keep me here... I wanna go home. I'm frightened, happy? Now leave alone..." Sam screamed whilst fighting of Janet's attempts at injecting her.

"Colonel, I'm so glad your here. Can you please help me restrain her. She's just woken up and obviously in shock but I can't help her unless she stops resisting."

"I'll try Doc."

"Carter... it's me. Why won't you let the doctor help you?"

"She isn't the doctor. I know that no-one except you is here."

"Sam let us help you."

"No... no you don't understand..." Tears were forming in Sam's eyes.

"Then teach me how to understand... Don't cry... It's OK. Everyone is here for you."

"No... they're not. I can only see you... I... God...it hurts..."

"Sam what hurts?... Damn she's unconscious again."

"Why?"

"I don't know sir. I'll have more of an idea once I receive the test results."

"How long?"

"About a day"

"Can I stay with her?"

"OK but tell me if there's any developments."

"Yeah~sure~ya~betcha"

Sam was so confused. Was she crazy? Everyone looked like a monster except for Jack. She didn't understand it. Why could she only see him. The room was so quite it made her tremble even more then normal. She knew it was night as there was little sound in the room.

"Sir?" she whispered she could barely speak or think. Her head as thumping. She noticed her CO lying asleep on the chair with his head in his arms resting on the edge of the bed. She was so cold and she reached for his arm. Her wound hurt so much but she had to move a little more so se could be close enough to Jack to share his warmth and know she wasn't alone... she was safe. She took one of his arms and gently rested her head on it to know that he was there. She was safe in his arms.

At about 8am Janet came into the infirmary and saw that Jack had been at Sam's sleep all night. She felt sorry for him and her. They couldn't tell each other how they felt....

"Wakey Wakey sir!"

"What... For cryin' out loud. Throwing a jug of water at me is not a nice way to start my morning."

"Sorry. I couldn't resist. Besides, it serves you right for not going home, it won't help her if your exhausted."

"I'm fine but my arm kinda hurts...Oh... never mind." Jack suddenly noticed he reason why his arm hurt soooo much.

"Sir, you should get some rest. Doctors orders."

"Who put you in charge???"

"The United States Air Force." Janet replied. Reluctantly Jack reclaimed his arm but when he was about to leave he felt something holding it tightly.

"Stay... Scared... Need be safe..." Sam murmured...

"See you later Colonel."

"No...need be safe... don't know where... need Jack"

"Sam honey calm down..." Janet said.

"NO! Can't fight... burns"

"What does?"

"It"

"Sam I really need to see you wound."

"No... want Janet!"

"SAM! I'm here!"

"No... Janet different. You not her!"

"OK Sam I'm gonna get you father then and he can heal you with a healing device."

"No... want out. Stop burning. Can't fight. Weak. Burns." Janet left the room and went in search of General Hammond. As she left Sam struggled to stand up and escape. Everything was different to her. She stood up and managed to drag herself over to a tray filled with medical instruments and pills. She picked the lock with ease... she had to end the torture.

"OFFWORLD ACTIVATION: INCOMING WORMHOLE MATCHES TOK'RA ID" The message boomed across the whole complex. Sam continued looking through the tray and took the nearest pills and opened the lid. She wanted to die. Se was so scared she wanted to give up.

"Sam put them down now!" Janet screamed as she entered the room with Jacob, General Hammond and Jack following her.

"No... can't fight... need... need" She poured several pills on her hand.

"Samantha Carter stop this!" Jacob screamed.

"Sam watcha doin'"

"Jack...can't fight...sorry... can't hurts."

"No Sam!" Jack ran up to her and then stopped when she picked up a scalpel, "Sam don't do this."

"Why...hurts much. Need..."

"NO! Sam let us help you we can get rid of it. Trust me...please Sam!"

"Why? No point..."

"There is a pint Sam! I love you."

"Jack... need help... hurts." her eyes became watery and shone and sparkled as tears fell from her eyes and she lay onto Jack. She wouldn't let go. EVER,

"It's all right now baby, I've got you... Sam? SAM?" She collapsed from exhaustion and was again unconcious.

"Let me heal her." Jacob said and told Jack to hold her still.

"Hi stranger!" Janet said hopefully.

"Janet... I'm sorry... I don't know what happened. I just..."

"Shhh... It's OK. It was the plants on P4X-732. The reason it only affected you is because you female so Jack, Daniel and Teal'c were fine."

"Oh no..."

"What?"

"Now Jack's going t be fired. We'll be court-martialed... because of me..." She burst in tears.

"No, it's going to be fine. General Hammond requested that the President made you and Jack a special case."

"Really?" Sam stopped crying.

"Congratulations."

"I'm so happy..." Sam then unexpected cried again.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing... I'm just happy"

"Oh, by the way, Jack wanted me to give you this."

"What is it?"

"Open it."

"A ring?"

_Fin-if you think i should do a sequel tell me and please gimme any feedback whether good or bad._

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Kahiara