Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

So Smooth

by K Siegfried
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
So Smooth

So Smooth

by K. Siegfried

TITLE: So smooth
AUTHOR: K. Siegfried
EMAIL: sg1flygirl@yahoo.com
CATEGORY: Sam and Jack, UST, Challenge response
SPOILERS: None
SEASON / SEQUEL: Season 3
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: None
SUMMARY: Sam teaches Jack a few new dance steps
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Author's Note: I've been wanting to do a dancing piece for a while now, but I never had the perfect song until now. I love Santana, and their newest "Smooth" just had me imagining this story. Lyrics for "Smooth" (featuring Rob Thomas) used without permission.

I should have known better than to trust my friends when they told me we were heading to a bar. Being the man I am, I figured they meant a bar as in beer, booths with tables, and maybe a dartboard or two. I didn't plan on a dance club. But being the men that they are, I should have known they'd do this to me. They knew how uncomfortable I'd be around a sweat mill filled with underdressed twentysomethings bumping and grinding their way towards exhaustion.

So I did what any self-respecting, easily-embarrassed, fortysomething man would do; belly up to the bar and order himself a few beers to help the night pass until his hormone driven friends decided anything associated with 'statutory' was not a good thing to have on their records. My ears were ringing after the first half-hour and I could only imagine the headache I'd have in the morning.

I nursed the bottle sitting in front of me, letting the condensation soak though the over-glued label so I could easily peel it from the brown glass. Setting my thumbnail beneath the edge, I rocked it back and forth, slowly removing the paper.

"I could call you a taxi." The bartender leaned over the stained wood, knowing my situation from our previous discussions. Passively he wiped imaginary water from the top with a towel as he looked at me.

"Nah, that's okay. It's easier to earn my revenge if I suffer." Smiling wide, I took another sip. He grinned and shrugged, stepping away to serve a girl further down, screaming for a couple of shots. The little harlot was half hanging out of the what I can only loosely refer to as a shirt as she showed her cleavage to the barkeep as if it would get her a discount. Shaking my head, I turned back to the bottle, studying the return for deposit information on its neck.

They had tried. Ferretti brought over a woman he had met on the floor, trying to get me to dance with her. Respectively I declined. She was pretty; blonde and blue eyed, but young enough to be my daughter if I had one. If I was going to go for a blonde and blue eyed wonder, there was only one I could think of....

I must be cursed. Etching my finger around the design on the peeled off label, I thought about my blonde and the reasons why I couldn't have her. Although I'd rather have her in the way I do now instead of not at all, it still created a pit of nervous energy in my stomach every time I thought of her. Smiling to myself, it felt like I was back in high school, learning the routes a crush took though the halls so I could follow her in secret from class to class.

"Isn't it past your bed time, old man?" A familiar voice said into my ear, my heart leaping up into my throat as I thought I was imagining it. Turning to face the intruder, I couldn't keep a grin from my lips as I watched the changing colors from the lights swarm over her face. Her face lit into the beautiful smile I've grown to appreciate and adore, a slow hand rising to touch my arm.

"Sam? What are you doing here?" Moving the stool closer to mine, she slid onto the seat and my mouth instantly went dry as she crossed her long legs. So seldom I got to see them revealed from beneath the bulky weight of her fatigues, but when I did, it was like crossing a desert to find an oasis. A pair of strappy heels slid across the foot rail and my eyes began a slow ascent to the curve of her knees and the fullness of her thighs as they disappeared beneath a short black skirt. Snuggly fit over her curves, the white tee she was wearing was accented beneath the black lights behind her. She looked like an iridescent goddess and she was sitting next to me.

"I should ask you the same thing. You are the last person I'd ever figure to get caught in a joint like this." Sam leaned closer, shouting as loud as she could over the music. Her war paint was minimal, yet more than I had seen her with except in dress blues. Dark red lips revealed her beautiful smile and dark lines of kohl accentuated her already wide eyes.

"Ferretti's idea of a joke."

"Ferretti's here? Oh man." Seeing a new face, the bartender stepped toward her and she slipped a ten across the wood at him.

"I'll take a cranberry vodka and give this poor man another beer." He smiled and gave me a knowing nod. Turning back to me, Sam reached for my pile of discarded labels. She turned them over around her slender fingers, examining each one as if she was Daniel studying his artifacts. Amazingly, the music stopped briefly before the speakers began to blare out a song that had so much base, my bottle began to rattle across the bar. It shook through my bones until I thought it was going to readjust my heartbeat. The bartender eventually returned with our drinks and her change, and Sam slipped him two dollars for his effort. Smiling wide, he shook his head in appreciation.

"Thanks Sam." I said, raising the old bottle to my lips to finish off what was left.

"Don't thank me, thank my date. He decided I wasn't a dead cert, so he's chasing somebody else." She shrugged and I suddenly had the urge to find the bastard and beat the living daylights out of him.

"I'm sorry, that sucks."

"Hey, it's okay. He's too drunk to realize his wallet's a little lighter." Smiling wide, she held up her pillage, showing me at least forty dollars. Impressed, I laughed, taking a sip of the drink she bought me.

"Remind me never to piss you off. I still owe the General money from 1969." She giggled, leaning down to wrap her lips around the small stirring straw in her drink.

"Well if he was that shallow, he deserves to be ripped off. You have no worries."

"Thanks for the reassurance." Turning to face the shelves of liquor I contemplated the woman sitting beside me. Did she know how much she captivated me even when she was speaking some technobabble garbage that I had no prayer understanding? That every time I saw her, I felt alive again? That no one else compared?

I felt a steady pressure on my arm and looked over to see that she was leaning against me, her shoulder deep against my bicep. Swallowing hard, I glanced at her hands around the glass, a few fingers idly playing with the straw.

"So if you hate it here so much, why haven't you left yet?" I could smell the faint traces of vodka on her breath and when mixed with her perfume, it created an irresistible lure.

"Because you just got here." I pressed back into Sam, turning my head to look at her in profile, the corner of her lips curling up in a small grin as she watched the ice cubes circle her glass. Another song began and I watched as her eyes lifted from her drink, smile broadening as she recognized the lyrics.

"Dance with me." Her head raised and she looked at me, our faces so close our noses almost touched. Reaching towards my arm, her hand brushed my thigh before grasping my hand. "I love this song."

"You know I don't dance." I weakly defended, slipping my fingers though hers. I could feel the blush rise in my cheeks and I was thankful it was dark.

"Come on, Jack. I'll show you how." She slid off of the stool to stand in front of me, the outsides of her thighs brushing against the side of my leg. Her grip on my hand became demanding, pulling me towards her. No longer able to resist, I had to stand and pinned between two stools, our bodies remained close.

Taking the initiative to move us to the dance floor, her hand squeezed mine, head bobbing in rhythm with the easy Latin beat. When she had us near the middle, Sam stopped and turned toward me, pulling us close until our hips brushed.

Man it's a hot one

Like seven inches from the midday sun

I hear you whisper and the words melt everyone

But you stay so cool

"All you gotta do-" Leaning close, she shouted in my ear and I nearly shivered at the touch of her breath passing over my skin. "Is move like this." My heart pounded frantically in my chest as she took my hands to press them against her hips. With a slight step forward, she ground against me as in an agonizingly erotic curve, her body repeating the course back. Her hands on my waist guided me in the same motion as she leaned forward to bend away.

"Two steps forward, two steps back." The hypnotic motion was thrown in a new exciting direction when she not only swept side to side, but rocked her hips.

My mu-equita, my Spanish harlem mona lisa

Your my reason for reason

The step in my groove

Looking into her blue eyes, I smiled as she mouthed the words, her hands lowering from my waist as I got a hang of the seductive duet she was conducting. She leaned back further as her arms raised slowly, the only thing keeping her standing was her lower body pressed against mine. Confident, my hands slid from her hips to around the small of her back, pulling her up until all of her curves railed my body.

And if you say this life ain't good enough

I would give my world to lift you up

I began to wonder if she knew at all what it was doing to me. Her eyes closed as her body was lost further into the rhythm, hips twisting and grinding against mine. Playfully she smiled as she looked at me again, the lights from above covering her in a kaleidoscope of color.

I could change my life to better suit your mood

Cause you're so smooth

Pushing away, she spun in my arms until her back pressed deep into me. Sam's hands found mine again, her fingers weaving through as she held them against her waist, showing me her new moves. With an extra motion sideways, our legs were no longer even, the slight off-set leaving her shoulder blades sliding across my chest. Her head rested against my face and I couldn't resist the urge to brush my lips against her ear.

And just like the ocean under the moon

Well that's the same emotion that I get from you

You got the kind of lovin that can be so smooth

Gimme your heart, make it real

Or else forget about it

Raising her arms, she began a slow plunge down my body, her hips swaying double time across my thighs as her hands reached for my face. Her fingertips swept over my jaw and washed against my shoulders before she raised again. Leaning back against me, Sam's head turned until her forehead smoothed across my cheek, her heated pant against my throat enough to send my hormones into overdrive. Releasing the breath I didn't realize I was holding, my hands lowered from her ribs to her waist again.

I'll tell you one thing

If you would leave it would be a crying shame

In every breath and every word I hear your name calling me out

Needing to see her face, I spun her around with a hard grip, pressing our bodies close again. She smiled at my aggressiveness, only to up the stakes by slowing our dance to half the speed and twice the grind. Her hands railed my arms until they slipped down to my fingers pressed around her curves. Leaning away, her head tipped back, exposing the length of her neck and the delicate protrusions of her collarbones. I resisted the urge to press my lips there, to taste her salty skin, damp with perspiration.

Out from the barrio, you hear my rhythm from your radio

You feel the turning of the world so soft and slow

Turning you round and round

And if you say this life ain't good enough

I would give my world to lift you up

I could change my life to better suit your mood

Cause you're so smooth

Everything except for the beauty dancing before me disappeared from the face of the Earth, the only thing that mattered was our bodies and the effect the beat had on them. There were times I so desperately tried to forget she had curves and a unique softness of her own; they were unmilitary and very against regulations. But now, as she descended like she had when her back was to me, I was painfully obvious of just how curvaceous and feminine she was.

And just like the ocean under the moon

Well that's the same emotion that I get from you

You got the kind of lovin that can be so smooth

Gimme your heart, make it real

Or else forget about it

Sam had to almost forcibly remove herself from my grasp, stepping out way from me to perform a breathtaking solo. I watched in a trance as my eyes trailed over her slender muscled legs accented by the heels, to the way the skirt would move against her thighs as she stepped side to side. Her hands slid gracefully from her legs to her hips, in as much benefit for herself as for me. Slowly they washed over her stomach before lowering to her sides again, and I was thoroughly enjoying the look of ecstasy on her face. She swayed as if the guitar itself was making her move, guiding her like a gypsy to the sound of a violin.

Gimme your heart, make it real

Or else forget about it

Her eyes were heated when they opened to gaze at me and she beckoned me closer with an extended finger. Not being one to argue with a pretty lady, I stepped to Sam, taking her hips in hand, this time having the courage to make her dance to my beat. She enjoyed the sudden role reversal as I took her though several changes of speed and direction until she gave in and allowed me to guide her. In a strange twist, I pushed her backward to lower her in a deep dip, scooping her up in my arms. She almost seemed to shiver as I raised her upright again, a large smile forming over her lips.

Gimme your heart, make it real

Or else forget about it

Pressing my sweaty forehead into hers, I held her close as the music began to fade, the heat of the moment only dissipating when another excruciatingly loud song with too much base began to play. She was as reluctant as I was to step from the embrace, her arms lifting to wrap around my neck, our momentum making us sway slowly side to side. For the briefest three minutes that seemed to last for a lifetime, we had bonded as closely as we could without having to suffer the consequences.

Finally realizing that we were looking silly just standing still in the center of a crowd of dancing people, I lifted my head to look at her. Gorgeous blue eyes opened wide and a luscious smile spread across her face as she looked at me, her hands lowering to smooth across my chest.

"And I thought you said you couldn't dance." Lifting up on her toes, she yelled at me over the music, her lips nearly brushing against my ear.

"I can't." I answered truthfully, taking the opportunity of her extended body to encircle my arms around her further.

"Did okay by me."

"Maybe I just need the right partner." Her head turned slightly as if she couldn't hear what I had said. Ready to repeat, I faced her and froze, our noses brushing. I felt her breath catch in the back of her throat, unsure as I was about the situation. In the close proximity, we studied each other, neither breathing nor moving.

Unable to resist the temptation, a slight breath passed from her parted lips and slowly her eyes closed, the signal unmistakable. Consumed as much as I was, her sanity had given into desire and there was only one way I knew of to make this predicament disappear.

Turning my head slightly to the side, I leaned forward and pressed my lips against hers. Sensing no hesitation, I pulled Sam closer as my kiss deepened, encouraged as she began to respond. She returned the intensity as her fingers curled around the excess fabric of my shirt. It was so right.

"Jack." I could feel her whisper my name against my lips as she lifted her head to look at me again. I held my breath, not sure what she was going to say, but hoping it wouldn't be something to ruin the sweet moment between us and I prayed I hadn't misinterpreted her movements.

"Let's get out of here." Her smile broadened as she leaned into me, her lips brushing playfully against mine. Slowly they closed over my lower lip, suckling sweetly. In relief, I breathed again, sliding my hands from her waist to around the curves of her behind and her thighs.

So maybe the night wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I got to dance with a beautiful woman and take her home, where I showed her a few steps of my own. I think she found my idea of dancing very agreeable. Okay, so Ferretti and the boys are still going to pay, but at least I'll have a smile on my face while extracting my punishment. And another thing. This just convinces me; Sam should be considered a dangerous weapon in at least fifty states because under certain conditions, she's lethal to the male population.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to K. Siegfried