Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Prehistoric Planet

by Jul_cat_29
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Prehistoric Planet

Prehistoric Planet

by Jul_cat_29

Title: Prehistoric Planet
Author: Jul_cat_29
Email: jul_cat_29@hotmail.com
Status: Complete, but there may be a follow-on story to come!
Category: Sam/Jack, action/adventure
Spoilers: Maybe a little for some Sam/Jack episodes, e.g. Divide and Conquer, but only very minor.
Season/Sequel info: Set after Divide and Conquer. Sam's a Major.
Rating: PG-13
Content warnings: Violence
Summary: SG-1 goes to a planet that's inhabited by dinosaurs. Sam and Jack are left alone fighting for their lives, and their relationship develops.
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and it's characters are the property of Stargate (II) Productions, Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I only borrowed them for a little while, and they were restored in near perfect health, all I own is this computer and the room it's sitting in. This story is for entertainment purposes only and no money exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are property of the author. This story may not be posted elsewhere without the consent of the author. Please send feedback and ask nicely if you want to put this story on your site!

SG-1 stepped through the Stargate into a clearing with flat, sandy ground. The weather wasn't overly hot, but it was enough for Jack to want to take his jacket off.

"Oh, look, kids. Trees." He said sarcastically.

"These are tropical trees, sir." Sam said. He gave her a look.

"A tree is a tree, Major." She opened her mouth to argue and he cut in. "No buts." She grinned then went to check on the MALP.

"The temple should be over this way." Daniel said, frowning at the compass. Teal'c was standing next to him, and took a look.

"Actually, I believe it is that way, Daniel Jackson."

"Oh...yeah."

"Carter, you all set?" Jack yelled.

"Uh huh." She jogged over to them.

"Let's go to Oz." Jack said, and led the way. Sam fell in behind him; well aware of the uneasy feeling she wasn't quite able to shake, as if they were being watched. She dismissed it.

A little later, the feeling was getting worse. They were well into the forest now, and every little noise was making her jump. As a twig broke on her left side, she pointed her gun in a defensive mode.

"For crying out loud, Carter. What's gotten into you?" Jack asked in exasperation.

"Nothing!" They carried on walking, and she went to walk at the Colonels side. "Do you get a funny feeling about this place?" She asked.

"Yeah, a little." He looked at her, and she sensed the unease in his brown eyes. They both tightened their grips on their weapons.

It was only an hour later when they didn't seem to be getting anywhere that Jack stopped them.

"Daniel, how far away is this temple?"

"It should be only about two miles at the most."

"Well, I think we should take a break. Carter, climb that tree and see if you can see anything." He gave her a lift onto the first couple of branches, and then she scrambled up the rest of the way herself. When she got up there, she gasped at what she saw. Jack couldn't see her.

"Carter? What's up?" She didn't answer and he got a little worried. "Sam, what's happening?"

"Oh my God, Colonel, this is amazing." She was staring at what definitely looked like a herd of dinosaurs, but she couldn't identify what kind. She knew they were herbivores. Suddenly the film Jurassic Park flashed in her mind, and she shuddered at the thought of the nasty ones.

"Colonel?"

"Yeah?"

"I think we need to get out of here."

"What's wrong? Carter, I'm coming up."

"No, don't leave them on their own." However, Jack was already scrambling up, and when he saw the dinosaurs he immediately came to the same conclusion as Sam had about Jurassic Park.

"Christ, Carter."

"We have to go." They slithered down the tree trunk, and told Daniel and Teal'c to follow them as quietly and swiftly as they could. But they were too late. Out of the tall trees, a huge dinosaur, obviously a T-Rex, let out a huge roar and stepped towards them. Teal'c and Daniel started to run in the direction of the Stargate.

"No, don't move!" Sam and Jack were screaming as the huge beast roared and started to follow them.

"Quick, distract them!" Jack said. So Sam started to holler, louder than Jack had ever heard her scream before. She waved her arms in the air and jumped up and down. The dinosaur turned towards her and she stood frozen with fear. Jack ran up to her.

"That wasn't what I had in mind." He whispered. "Don't move." He wrapped his arms around her to keep her still. They were shaking, and Sam was trying desperately to control her ragged breathing. But she almost screamed when the beast's huge head with it's glistening teeth leant down to sniff at them. It blew at them, and she cowered back into Jack's embrace. It stayed with them for what seemed like hours before turning around and leaving.

"It's ok, Sam." Jack said. "He's gone." She turned around and collapsed into his arms, shaking. "Good thing we watched Jurassic Park." She laughed lightly, and pulled away. "You ok?" She nodded.

"You?"

"Yeah, although I think that I may have gone slightly deaf."

"He roared kind of loud."

"He did? It was your screams that did it!" She smiled, then turned serious as she looked around.

"Where did they go?"

"They're probably headed back to the Gate."

"They left us?" He nodded. "They've got the packs."

"I know. Let's go carefully, huh?"

"Ok."

Meanwhile, Daniel and Teal'c were running fast when Daniel suddenly tripped and fell. He let out a cry as he fell badly on his ankle.

"Daniel Jackson?"

"My ankle. Aah. It's broken." He gasped in pain. "Where's the dinosaur?"

"I believe we have lost it."

"Where are Sam and Jack?"

"I believe we lost them too."

"What's the plan?"

"We will head back to the Stargate and inform General Hammond of our predicament."

"Right, ok. I'm going to pass out now."

Sam and Jack were some way behind, only carrying their guns. They were trying to pass the time by talking about Jurassic Park.

"Would you have paid to go see the dinosaurs?" Sam asked.

"Well, not after this!" That got a laugh. "Yeah, I think I would have done. You?"

"Yes. I'm a scientist, remember?"

"I don't have a problem with that anymore, ok?"

"Ok, I know. Sorry, Jack." The use of his first name surprised him slightly, and he found himself tingling like he always did with these moments with Sam. He looked at her and her face was slightly flushed. He knew she felt the same way. He took her hand and squeezed it. She returned the squeeze, and neither let go. Both were angry with the restrictions their job provided.

But the moment was spoiled by a sudden shrieking, a dangerous scream that was answered by another then one more. They stood stock still, paralyzed. The cries were coming from all around them. They stood so they were back to back, clutching their weapons tightly. Sam suddenly let out a scream, and Jack swung round. The Major would only scream if it were really bad.

In front of them, a vicious looking dinosaur was crouched. A velociraptor. Another shriek came from behind them, and they swung round again, to see two more.

"We're screwed." Jack said. Sam fired her weapon. The dinosaur was hit in it's chest, but all it did was screech and step forward. Sam moved closer to Jack. Another moved closer to him, and he fired his. The dinosaur ignored the gun and knocked it flying, ripping a great gash in Jack's arm as it did so. He yelled and Sam was distracted for a couple of seconds, in which the other dinosaur knocked her over. Her head hit a tree trunk, and she knew no more.

Jack was surrounded. He made to dart out, but one blocked his path easily, with an expression on it's ugly face that looked just like a grin, Jack thought. He looked at Sam, being pawed at by another dinosaur, dead to the world.

"Sam! Sam, wake up." She showed no sign of reacting, then suddenly groaned. He dodged a swipe from the grinning one. "Sam? Help me." She came to and half screamed when she found herself looking her attacker in the eye, then froze solid against the tree trunk.

Jack was suddenly overcome with fear, not for his own life, but for Sam's. He thought he was going to have to watch her be ripped to shreds.

The exact same fear for Jack was going through Sam's head. She forced herself to think of something. Jack's gun was lying about a couple of meters away. The dinosaurs face was a couple of feet away from her own.

The dinosaurs were playing with Jack. One would swipe at him, and he would leap out of the way, only to have the second dinosaur swipe again, like a game of catch. It was no fun being the ball. He watched Sam out the corner of his eye. She was trying to get his gun. He saw her reach out with her left hand gingerly. The raptor watched her every move, and Sam knew it. She touched the gun, and it growled loudly and menacingly. He heard Sam gasp even from the distance he was from her. But she kept hold of the gun, and started to pull it back towards her. He was suddenly distracted by a vicious swipe off Happy, as he'd named the raptor. It caught his thigh and he almost fell over as he leapt backwards.

Sam saw Jack get hit, and forced herself into action. Not quite knowing what she was doing, she pulled the gun towards her sharply, and as the raptor leapt forward to get her, she let off one shot, right between it's eyes. It was dead instantly, and fell on top of her. She pushed it out the way with some effort, and got up to help Jack. The dinosaurs shrieked, and one of them headed towards her. She couldn't get a shot at it's head, so she aimed at it's front leg, spraying bullets up and down. It fell awkwardly, screeching with pain. She ran around it and shot at the last raptor, the one with the weird grin. But she was out of ammunition. She couldn't see her own weapon anywhere. She looked at Jack, who was on his back, underneath the raptor, unable to move. She was overcome with fear for Jack and anger at the raptor. She leapt forward and vaulted onto it's back, and started to beat it about the head.

Jack saw this, and realized that it might not be an inevitable fight after all. He scrambled out from underneath Happy, who was trying to get Sam off his back. He grabbed a branch, but it was hopeless, his left arm was completely useless. He watched as Sam continued to beat at its head, the gun breaking in two as she did so. It eventually fell to the ground, stunned, and he grabbed her hand, and they started to run before it could get up and stop them. They ran for what seemed to be ages, and eventually Jack started to tire, his arm and thigh were stinging badly.

"Stop, Sam." She didn't seem to have heard him, so he yanked her arm. "Sam! Stop." She heard him then and stopped, breathing ragged. He noticed that she was covered in blood, and she had the glazed look in her eyes that told him she had a concussion. "Sam, we have to get into a tree. It'll be dark soon, and we need to rest."

"Ok. You're hurt."

"Is that your blood?" He asked as he looked for a tall tree, indicating her soaking jacket.

"No, it's the raptors."

"This one." He pointed at a tree. "I'll give you a hand."

"No, I'll give you one. You're badly injured."

"Carter, would you follow an order for once?"

"I'll give you a hand." She said insistently. Suddenly, there was a faint scream from the velociraptor, and Sam looked at him. "Come on, Colonel, don't argue with me. You haven't got enough time." He nodded and she shoved him up into the branches. Then she pulled herself up, and they climbed way up into the tree.

Daniel and Teal'c were back at the Gate, having had no more encounters with dinosaurs. Daniel had regained consciousness, but was leaning heavily on Teal'c for support. The Stargate dialed up with no problems whatsoever, and they stepped through after pressing the GDO code in.

Once through, Janet and her medical team whisked Daniel off to the medical ward, and Teal'c went to explain to General Hammond what was going on. He was shocked and slightly disbelieving at his story, but agreed to send a rescue team if the MALP showed it was safe.

But no such luck. The Stargate opened with a whoosh and the MALP went through, but the visual was not promising. The MALP recorded a picture of a herd of medium sized dinosaurs, before the visual was lost in the jaws of a curious one.

"General, we have to go through!" Teal'c protested.

"We don't know what to expect from these creatures! I won't send more men through the Gate so their lives can be put in danger."

"Major Carter and Colonel O'Neill are in danger as we speak."

"I know, son, but all we can do is wait. They're survivors, you know that."

Sam was treating Jack's wounds as carefully as she could without any medical supplies. She had stopped the bleeding, but he had already lost a lot of blood and was dehydrated and light-headed. She took his jacket off and stored it to one side, then peeled her blood-soaked one off too.

"Don't throw them away." Jack said weakly.

"Why?" She asked.

"If we leave them here, they might not be able to follow our scent."

"Why didn't I think of that?" She wondered.

"You're concussed, Major." She frowned, she hated not being able to think clearly.

"I'm going to climb a bit higher, see what I can see."

"Ok." She left him and pulled herself up. At the top, she found a branch to sit on and looked around. It was amazing. There was a body of water a little way away, dotted with little islands. She made a mental note to get some water out the stream flowing through the forest. She looked back to where they had just come from, and almost laughed when she saw the temple, just a bit further on. She could see herds of dinosaurs around it, probably herbivores. Then she turned to where the Stargate should be, and was relieved to see the gray tip of the ring. Then she looked down. She could see Jack, lying still and looking like he was deep in thought. Then something on the ground caught her attention. She swung down a few branches to get a closer look, and when she identified it she squealed with delight.

"Colonel! There's a pack!"

"Where?"

"Down on the ground, just a little way away. Daniel and Teal'c must have been this way." She ignored the thought that they may have been injured. Jack sat up with Sam's help and saw it.

"I'll go and get it."

"Be careful, Major. You've not got any weapons."

"The pack might have something in it. I have to get it, you need the medical supplies."

"Ok. Be careful." She smiled at him, then slithered down the trunk. She checked around her, remembering that she had no idea what to expect from the dinosaurs. She crept towards the pack, and grinned when she saw that it was hers. It would have a knife in it, and bandages, as well as a change of clothes for her.

She knelt beside it and got the knife out, just in case. Then she turned around, and let out a cry of surprise.

There, standing in front of her, was a huge stegosaurus. She knew that one from the plates on it's back and the spines on it's tail. She sneaked past it and clambered into the tree. Jack was waiting for her.

"Was there any sign that Daniel or Teal'c were hurt?" He asked.

"No sir, no trace of anything. There's some footprints leading that way, in fact." She pointed toward the Stargate. "And there was a knife, and some bandages and painkillers." She took two painkillers and got a half bottle of water out. He took them and sighed with relief as they began to take effect. Then she started to bandage his leg and arm. The same nervous look came over her face, and he sympathized.

"Don't worry, Sam, your medical skills have improved a lot since Antarctica." She grinned and relaxed slightly. Then she proceeded to get out her change of clothes, which was in fact a crop top and a rather short pair of shorts. But it would be better to get the bloody clothes off so the raptors couldn't track them. She turned away and took off her T-shirt. Jack looked at her back, enjoying the sight of her. She pulled the crop top on then peeled off her fatigue pants, pulling on the revealing shorts. She turned to face Jack, and his brown eyes bore into her blue ones.

"Very nice, Carter." He said, trying to lighten the tension. She smiled and went to sit next to him, a slight blush coloring her cheeks.

"Sir-"

"Jack's fine, in the present circumstances."

"Jack, I-" She stopped, unsure of what to say.

"I know, Sam. I know exactly how you feel." And he pulled her close, hugging her to him. She leant her head against his chest in contentment, and they drifted off into a deep sleep.

In the morning, Jack woke up first, and smiled as he felt Sam cuddled up to him. She woke next, and they didn't move for a few moments. Then she checked on his wounds, and made him drink the rest of the water.

"There's a stream only a little way off course, we can get some more there."

"It'll be packed full of dinosaurs."

"Hopefully herbivores. We'll leave the bloody clothes here."

"Ok." She checked around first, then as she saw a branch lying on the ground, had an idea. She jumped down and got it, then took it back into the tree.

"What's that for?" Jack asked.

"Weapon. It seems to work if you hit them over the head. A lot." She grinned at him, remembering the one yesterday. She cut it down to a manageable size, then gave Jack her knife. "In case we get separated." Jack noticed with admiration how she took charge when she had to, but left the big decisions to him.

She helped him out of the tree, and they headed towards the stream as quietly as possible. Jack was leaning on Sam now, his thigh still sore and tender. She shoved him into a bush.

"Wait here, I'll get the water." She said as soon as they got near. He started to protest, but she was already away. She got as close as she could undercover, then got up as calmly as she could. There was a triceratops drinking from the river, and she walked quite close to it, quivering with fear. It looked at her suspiciously before going back to the water. She washed her face and also her hair, being careful to avoid the huge bump that was coming up at her temple. Then suddenly, the water rippled. Another scene from Jurassic Park came back to her, and she filled the water bottle as quickly as she could, before standing up and looking around. Jack looked at her in confusion, until he felt the next tremor. The T-Rex was back. The triceratops looked up, frozen solid before swinging round and running off. Several more appeared from further down the stream, which was obviously where it was coming from. Sam took their example, and raced back towards Jack.

"We have to get out of here."

"No arguments there." As she was helping him up, there was a huge roar and in the distance, they saw the top of the T-Rex's head. "Here comes Rex." Jack said, before starting to run along with Sam.

The tremors were getting stronger, and Sam and Jack found themselves running along with lots of other dinosaurs. Sam's hand found his, and they ran as fast as they could given Jacks injury. They were in a sort of clearing, and Jack realized that they must be going way off course. They were in the middle of a large clearing, dinosaurs all around them running towards the trees. He pulled Sam's arm to get her to stop, and looked around for the Stargate.

"That way." He pointed up the hill, where the Stargate was stood behind a clump of trees. They started to run again, this time it was a lot harder because they were running through the dinosaurs. And suddenly Sam froze. Rex had arrived, knocking down a huge tree at the same time. He was snapping at the heels of dinosaurs, and to Jacks horror there were even more vicious looking dinosaurs following him.

"Run, Sam. Run." He said quietly, but she heard him fine. They tore away, driven by fear and adrenaline. But then Jack stumbled and fell, Sam lost her grip on his hand and stopped short. She turned around and panic gripped her, she couldn't see him.

"Jack! Jack where are you?"

"I'm here!" He yelled, and she saw him getting up. Behind him she saw one dinosaur rip another to shreds. "Keep going." He yelled, knowing full well that she wouldn't leave him. He watched as she came back towards him, then he lost sight of her as a dinosaur ploughed into her and she was knocked flying.

"Sam!" Despite all the noise, his frantic scream was louder than all that. Then he was carried away with the terrified dinosaurs, racing towards the trees. He ducked behind a tree and hid there, waiting, praying for the massacre to end.

Meanwhile, Sam wasn't badly hurt. Her shoulder had been wrenched, but other than that she was fine. She curled up into a little ball by instinct, and the ground pounded beneath her as dinosaurs thundered past. It was a miracle none of them hit her. Eventually, the thundering quieted a little, and she opened her eyes, in time to see the T-Rex grab a dinosaur, break it's neck and throw it. Then it dragged it away to the bottom of the clearing to eat. She stood up shakily, looking around the suddenly empty clearing for any sign of Jack.

But there was none, she couldn't see him anywhere. She looked wildly around.

"Colonel!" She screamed.

"I'm here. I'm fine." She looked around for the source of the voice, and saw him emerge from the trees, limping. She ran up to him and hugged him fiercely. "I'm fine, Sam." She had tears of relief flowing down her face.

"I thought you were dead, Jack, I thought you were gone." She cried. He kissed the top of her head and hugged her close. Then she suddenly pulled back, but not letting go of him with her arms. They both felt like they were being pulled by an electric force, but it was the Major who instigated the kiss, leaning in and capturing his lips with her own. They were both muddy, but they were oblivious to the rest of the world. Eventually they pulled apart, and she looked into his eyes. The amount of love in them shocked her ever so slightly, but it was mainly relief that he felt the same way as her.

She checked him over, and was relieved that he was only bruised like herself, and that his shoulder and leg were still wrapped in their bandages. Then they set off up the hill, hand in hand.

The second MALP that General Hammond sent through suffered the same fate as the first, but it showed slightly better footage of the dinosaurs in front of the gate. There were about thirteen in view, and Daniel noticed the wings that were folded into their sides. He had his leg in plaster, it was a clean break of the ankle and had been set last night. Now he and Teal'c were hovering around the control room, waiting anxiously for any sign of Sam or Jack.

They made it through the trees with no fuss whatsoever, but stopped short when they got to the edge of the clearing where the Stargate was. They spun round and sat with their backs against a rock.

"Er, they weren't there when we came." Jack said.

"Well, they're here now. Got a plan?"

"Not as such, no." They sat there for a while, thinking. Then Sam suddenly spoke.

"What will our situation be when we get back, Jack?" Sam asked.

"I hardly think that this is the time, Sam."

"Please, Jack, I don't think that I could cope with not being with you."

"You will be with me, Sam. I don't care what we have to do, what rules we have to break, I've only just got hold of you. Why the Hell would I want to let go?" She smiled and squeezed his hand even tighter. "Now can we please think of a plan?"

"Done." He looked at her.

"Yes?"

"I distract them while you dial Earth and type in the GDO code, then we make a dash for the Gate."

"And that's it?" Jack asked.

"Yeah."

"Well, I don't think it'll be quite as easy as that, do you, Major?"

"You got any other bright ideas?"

"Good point, let's do it." They walked into the clearing, feeling at once the difference between the forest ground and the sandy ground. The dinosaurs immediately got up, spreading huge, translucent wings.

"We forgot to check if they had wings. Darn it." Jack said, and sped up towards the DHD. Sam brandished her pathetic piece of wood, and the thought occurred to her that they were most likely fighting a losing battle.

One of them stormed up to her, and she whacked at it with the stick. It hit it's delicate wing structure, and the dinosaur screamed in pain as it tore away, leaving a gaping hole. Another came up and she swiped at it too, aiming for it's head and wings. She was trying to put herself between the dinosaurs and Jack, who was still dialing.

"Hurry, Jack!" She yelled as one got too close for her liking.

"I'm trying." He was leaning against the DHD, using his one good arm to punch in the right address.

Suddenly, one dinosaur swooped past Sam, and beat at Jack with it's wings. He went over, dropping the GDO. Sam swung at another beast before running to grab it and help Jack up. She hit at the one who had attacked Jack viciously, tearing it's wings and stunning it. Jack ran back to the DHD and punched in the final chevron. Then he silently wished that the Gate would engage, and when it did, he punched in the GDO code as quickly as he could.

Then he was knocked over again by another dinosaur, and he fell to the ground unconscious.

Sam saw him go down and ran to get him. She flung him through the Gate, then stepped through backwards, still brandishing her stick against any more attacking dinosaurs.

General Hammond flew into the Gate Room as fast as he could when he heard the Stargate engaging. He looked at the worried expressions on Teal'c and Daniel's faces.

"It's SG-1's code, sir." Walter said, and Hammond sighed in relief as he saw Jack come flying through the Gate with Sam following.

"Close the iris!" She screamed, before running to Jack's side.

"Medical team to Embarkation Room." He said, then went down to greet his two best officers.

Janet was taking Jack away when he came in, and Sam looked at him.

"Sir." He took in her skimpy, muddy attire.

"De-briefing in an hour, Major. You look in need of a shower."

"Thank you, sir." She gave Daniel and Teal'c a hug before going off to shower.

Two hours later, the de-briefing came to a close. Sam had told General Hammond exactly happened, however she had had a slight memory lapse and forgotten to tell him about the new relationship between her and Jack.

She left to go to the infirmary and saw Janet beside Jack's bed.

"How is he?"

"He'll be fine. Wake up anytime soon." Janet noticed the way Sam looked at Jack lovingly, and smiled. "I'll leave you with him."

"Thanks Janet." Sam went to sit by his bed, and took hold of his hand. His eyelids began to flutter open.

"Hey. How you doing?" She said softly.

"Sam?"

"I'm right here." She squeezed his hand, and he returned the squeeze. "You should get some rest."

"I love you, Sam."

"I love you too." And then his eyes drifted shut, and he fell into a deep sleep. Sam stayed by his side, clutching his hand firmly but gently. The next time he woke up, he really was feeling better. They both skirted the issue of their new relationship, they were both dreading the conversation that was inevitable, the conversation about rules, regulations.

It came to a head the week after everything had happened. Jack, Sam and Daniel were inside Daniel's lab, with the papers strewn every which way.

"So, Danny, whatcha doing?" Jack asked.

"I'm trying to work." Daniel said, he was annoyed and tired.

"Sorry!" Jack said sarcastically. He wasn't being mean, it was all meant in good humor, but Daniel didn't see it that way.

"Look, Jack, could you try and be considerate for once in your miserable life?" Sam flinched away from his anger, and Jack immediately retaliated.

"Excuse me? I have a miserable life? What about you? And as for consideration, do you even know what the words mean? Because if you looked it up in a dictionary, I doubt that your face would be there. But if you looked up 'selfish git', it probably would be."

"Boys!" Sam suddenly shouted. "Shut up. What the Hell are you fighting about?" There was no answer, just a sheepish silence. "Daniel, you're tired. Colonel O'Neill didn't mean anything by those comments." Daniel's anger flared up again.

"Oh, that's right. Take Jack's side again, you always do."

"That was uncalled for." Sam said quietly, trying to remain calm.

"Was it? Oh, come on. I know that the two of you have a habit of breaking rules and disobeying orders, but this has to be the clincher."

"Excuse me?" Jack asked.

"Becoming personally, emotionally involved with your commanding officer." There was a stunned silence. "Don't look like that. It is so obvious that you are together." Then he swiveled around and stormed out of the room. Jack and Sam shared a glance, before rushing after him.

They caught up with him in a corridor, just outside a storage closet. He stopped short as Jack grabbed his arm.

"Daniel, I don't know what you meant by that, but I'd sure love to find out." There were a few looks as a group of soldiers walked by. Sam saw and opened the closet door. She pushed them both inside.

"Would you two quit it?" She hissed.

"Oh stop it, Sam. You're as much a player here as we are. It's obvious you two are together. The looks, the casual touches, and all since we got back from that planet."

"I don't know what you're-" Jack started, but was cut off by Sam.

"Look, Daniel. Yes, Jack and Ididkiss on that planet, and yes, we are involved with each other, but I don't see how this bothers you so much."

"Well, it's obvious, isn't it? You're endangering the team."

"No we're not." Jack retorted.

"Looks to me like it is. And you're soobviousabout it, you might as well just go around telling everyone."

"Oh!" Said Jack, realizing what was bothering Daniel. "You're upset because we didn't tell you."

"No, I am not!"

"Yes, you are. Can't you just accept how happy we are?" He put an arm around Sam, and she leant into him, and gazed up at Daniel, who softened.

"What are you going to do?" He asked.

"I think we're going to play it by ear." Jack said, suddenly deciding just what they were going to do. "If we're as obvious as you say we are, then General Hammond will know. He would have said something by now."

"So you're just going to leave it."

"What else can we do? I love Sam. I'minlove with Sam." Her head snapped up, and her blue eyes looked into his deep brown ones.

"Really?" She asked.

"Really." He confirmed.

"I'm in love with you too, Jack." They had entered a world of their own, seeing only each other. Daniel was forgotten, they were soon lost in a deep, passionate kiss that moved Daniel and rocked him to his very core. As he slipped out of the cupboard without disturbing them, they all knew that nothing would ever be the same again. And Sam and Jack both promised to themselves that whatever happened, they would remain together.

The End

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Jul_cat_29