Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Hidden

by JollySam
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Hidden

Hidden

by JollySam

Title: Hidden
Author: JollySam
Email: billiebox@hotmail.com
Category: MissingScene/Epilogue
Episode related: 613 Metamorphosis
Season: Season 6
Pairing: Sam/Jack, UST
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Summary: My take on what happened between Jack picking Sam up & her being healed.
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Just a missing scene from Metamorphosis.

HIDDEN

"Sir?"

It was a desperate whisper, full of agony and anguish. Her entire body was screaming from the inside, as it began to fail in ernest.

His arms were under her, lifting her to his chest.

"It's going to be ok, Carter," he answered, confidence filling the voice that was tantalizingly close to her ear.

"No sir...Janet won't be able to do anything."

"We've got the machine! Nirrti's dead!" he stated, brooking no argument. But she had never quailed in the face of debate, and she wasn't changing now - even in the face of death.

"Sir, I can't...I mean...I'm glad that Nirrti's dead, but...I can't work out how to use that machine in time...I don't think that I'll even last long enough for you to reach it..."

That made his hands tighten into fists, where they gripped her clothing. His legs began to move faster, scuffing the floor slightly.

"Agar knows how to use it, just hold Carter..."

"Sir..." she gasped, interrupting him as they reached the top of the steps. "It's been an honour...and, sir..."

"No Carter!"

"Colonel, please...let me say this. I need you to know..."

He knew where this was going, and he couldn't allow her to say it. It was the one thing she would never say whilst consequences could still occur, and that meant... He nearly swore as his bad knee nearly gave way. That meant that she would give up the fight the second that it passed her lips.

"Major! You will keep breathing until I get you into that machine! That is a direct order!"

Her body strained, heaving and trembling in his arms. A strange gurgling sound came from her throat as he rushed into the room dominated by the large machine.

She felt him put her down, and looking upwards she froze in fear. She was the machine! No, no, no, no....

O'Neill watched as her head sank forward, and the machine activated.

Her body felt alive, rejuvenated. Onto her knees, onto her hunches, then up to her feet - her head still lowered.

Agar switched off the machine, and Carter raised her head, moving towards the edge of the pedestal.

Then... he reached out and took her hand. Just for a second - just so that she would stand beside him.

She hadn't said it. Again. But it was still there, somewhere - hidden.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to JollySam