Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Three Guys and a Girl

by Jolinar Carter
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Three Guys And A Girl

Three Guys And A Girl

by Jolinar@Carter

TITLE: Three Guys And A Girl
AUTHOR: Jolinar@Carter
EMAIL: andiebradley@angelfire.com
CATEGORY: Crossover (Two Guys And A Girl (And A Pizza Place)), Action/Adventure, Drama, Hurt/Comfort
PAIRING: Sam/other
SPOILERS: none
SEASON / SEQUEL: 4
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: crossover, language, male/female relationship, Illness
SUMMARY: Crossover with 'Two Guys And A Girl.' When Sam Carter is rushed in to Beacon Hill Hospital after she has been run over, can Doctor Bergen save her from death and heart brake? (NOT FROM JACK!)
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: :-) :-) :-) Hi :-) :-) :-)
Thank you to everyone who's come on my site! Don't forget, there's an exclusive story on there, and it's called Nightmares!

"Ah, Doctor Walker. Still making the new-borns cry by looking at them?" Berg teased his friend as he passed her in a corridor of Beacon Hill Hospital.

"Ah Doctor Bergen, still doing it with your Pamela Anderson poster?" Ashley responded bitterly.

"No. Why don't we grab some..." He was about to suggest something important, but he didn't get to finish his sentence because two paramedics wheeled a woman in. Three men were running behind them.

"Doctor Bergen!" One called. Ashley answered her beeper.

"I have to go. Emergency in operating. Call if you need help!" She shouted, as she ran off. Berg ran along side the trolley.

"Okay, what do we have?" He asked.

"Major Doctor Samantha Carter. Aged 31. An illness left her blood type unusual, so ignore that on any tests you run. She was run over about twenty minutes ago!" The other paramedic answered. They stopped and pushed Sam into an operating room in the ER. They left her and ran out, leaving three men and Berg. There were three nurses already in there that came straight over. Bergen began telling them what to do. The three men just stood there in shock. Well, two did. The other was just standing there with an unemotional statement.

"Are you family?" Berg asked the men.

"I'm her commanding officer. I err...it's me responsible, and I'm her husband in a few weeks." The oldest one, about late forties replied.

"You can stay. Nurse, give her some FP..." Doctor Bergen said.

"I am her friend." The tall guy said.

"Sorry. You two are going to have to leave." Daniel and Teal'C stepped out. There was a very loud and unusual beeping sound. Berg rushed over, while a nurse held Sam's husband-to-be back. "Okay! People, we can't wait to go in! We have to do it now! I don't care if Doctor Frank isn't here!"

The crowd of Doctors and Nurses were huddled around the bed, scurrying around the cabinets.

"We're losing her!" A young nurse yelled.

"No we're not! Come on! We can do it! Okay, get me..." The CO drifted off while all this was going on. He was in shock. He saw the accident happen in his mind for the thousandth time.

"Prepare the paddles!" Berg commanded. The grey-haired man watched in horror as Berg and his team shocked her with the paddles. They had to try three times before they succeeded. The Major's friend was crying.

"GOOD WORK EVERY ONE! WE DID IT! I want to see her every twenty minutes. A nurse should check on her every few minutes. She's not clear yet." Berg announced. She snapped his gloves off and went over to the man.

"Doctor Michael Bergen." He introduced himself.

"Colonel Jack O'Neill." O'Neill shook his hand.

"I think she'll be okay. Can you tell me about her blood? The EMT's said that she was rare or something. It could be vital on our tests. If we mistreat her, she's in a lot of trouble." Berg asked, as he led the Colonel to the family room where his friends were waiting. The tall one was standing. The one who just didn't seem to care was laughing at a magazine he was reading.

"I'm Doctor Michael Bergen." He introduced himself to the other two.

"I am Captain Murray Valentine. Pleased to meet you. This is Doctor Jackson. Ignore his laughter. I am. It disturbs us greatly when he is like this at a bad time like this."

"Hmm. We managed to save her. Just. She won't be leaping any tall buildings or any commando stuff like that for a while though. As I was saying to Colonel O'Neill, with patients that I treat like this, I take charge with them. I don't just make sure they make it through my part of the hospital. I make sure they make it out of here." He assured them.

"I have to go and do some stuff. I'll be back later. You can go in and see her, if Colonel O'Neill agrees. But only for a minute." He said to 'Murray.'

Teal'C (The alien known as Murray) walked in to the ICU room that Sam was in. He sat by her side. It was three hours since they had had to take her in to surgery. She had started bleeding again, and all over her cuts were infected. There wasn't much skin (that you could see) on her. She looked terrible.

"Major, please be well. O'Neill is crying. He is extremely upset. As am I. Please wake up." He begged.

She didn't. She just lay there, silent and still, wrapped up in tubes. Teal'C sat there, with her hand in his, the only sound was the heart monitor. He knew it was still touch and go, as Bergen had said. Berg did seem to care for his patients. Teal'C liked him. He knew that if he had to return to Colorado, then Berg would be okay to take care of her.

Jack informed his boss, General Hammond of their situation, and bargained for three weeks extension. The President was visiting the base after that, and he couldn't re-schedule, so they had to go then, but for three weeks, Jack O'Neill didn't sleep unless he was forced to by Berg. He just sat there with Sam.

"Colonel O'Neill, I think you should rest. You haven't slept in two days." Berg recommended. He arranged for another bed to be put in there, so that he could sleep next to her.

Every day, Bergen would come in with a smile, a cup of coffee and some magazines for O'Neill. The first day of every week, he even brought donuts. Teal'C also stopped by every few hours, to check on Samantha and to see O'Neill.

Three weeks passed, and O'Neill was forced to leave, as was Teal'C. Daniel had already flown back three weeks ago. Berg saw them off in reception. "I'll take good care of her Colonel."

"I know you will Doctor. It's just..." He didn't want to go.

"I know. You have to though. Look, I'll call if anything happens. I'm going to check on her, and be there when she wakes up if I possibly can. Right now she was in a coma.

The guys left in a taxi. Berg was eating a slice pizza in the canteen when his friend Pete came in, in his Fireman's uniform. "Hey. I'm here because I just saved a little girl from a fire. She'll be okay, they say. I just want to make sure. Berg man, you've been here a lot lately."

"I know. You know what I'm like when I get a bad patient in. This one came in three weeks ago. She nearly died. She's a Major in the air force. She was ran over not far from here. I nearly lost her in the ER. I've been taking care of her and her boyfriend, a Colonel. He was wrecked. He was called back today, along with his friend. So I should go see her. I promised I'd take care of her."

"I know you'll do a good job B. You always do. And I'm sure she'll be fine."

"I hope so. I'll stay with her when I can. I want to be there when she wakes up from her coma."

"You're a good man, Doctor."

"You too. See you later."

THREE DAYS LATER...

"Jack?" Berg awoke from his sleep when he heard someone cry out. It was Samantha Carter. She was awake.

"Hey. I'm Berg. I'm a Doctor here at Beacon Hill Hospital. You're going to be fine." He told her, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Your friends had to go. Daniel left three weeks ago, straight after you were brought in. Jack and Murray left today. We nearly lost you. You got run over. You've been in a coma for three weeks." He told her.

THREE WEEKS LATER...

"Hey Doc! Sam! SAM! YOU'RE AWAKE! God I'm so glad to see you honey! I was so worried!" Jack exclaimed as he entered Sam's new room.

"Hi." Sam replied weakly. Jack squeezed her tight.

"Mind her tubes. Be gentle. She's still weak." Berg warned. He winked at Sam and left.

"Berg says I'll be out of here in a few weeks! Isn't that great?" She smiled.

"YEAH!"

"Where's Daniel." There was a Danny missing.

"He's unable to come. He got stuck in the infirmary. Broke his nose." Jack lied.Well could he really tell her that her team mate didn't want to come?He'd never liked Danny.

But the important thing was that Sam was going to be all right. As Sam wasn't well enough to travel back to Colorado, she rented out an apartment. Above Berg's actually. So he could keep an eye on her. She was healing, when she felt ill again, she nipped over, leaving Jack upstairs.

That day, Michael announced that Sam was pregnant.

"Hey there! Aren't you cute?" Berg said to Sam's baby. He handed her to her mom. "It's a girl!"

"Hi there! God Jack, isn't she beautiful?" Sam said, holding her daughter.

"Yeah."

"What are you gonna call her?"

"Michaela, as we can't call her Michael after you. Michaela Faye O'Neill." Sam announced.

It had been a year of hell, but it was all worth it now. Sam and Berg continued to be friends for a long long time, and they all lived happily ever after... (Except Daniel, who continued to trip up, bang his head on rocks, get captured and generally whumped by Danny Whumpers!)

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Jolinar@Carter