Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

After the Secrets

by Jolinar Carter
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
After the Secrets

After the Secrets

by JolinarCarter

Title: After the Secrets
Author: JolinarCarter
Email: samanthacarter_1800@hotmail.com
Category: Drama, Hurt/Comfort, MissingScene/Epilogue, Romance
Episode related: 209 Secrets
Season: Season 2
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: PG
Warnings: none
Summary: Sam is upset and Jack is the one to comfort her, after "Secrets."
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

After the Secrets

Him. It's always been about him. His dreams, his career, his life. Him. I understand that he wants to see me achieve my dream before he...dies. But, I already have and I can't tell him! He can't understand that I can't do it. It may have been my dream but it no longer is.

I've driven him off again. And I always blame myself. I blamed myself after mom died, for all three of us being distant. I blame myself now.

Damn him.

Why does my father pressure me? I know he means well, but I just can't. He is dying and I can't fulfil his dying wish. Because I've secretly been there and done that.

"Carter, you in there?" Jack O'Neill called, knocking on the locker room door. "Hope you're decent `cause I'm coming in." He entered to see Sam, wrapped in a towel, sat on the floor, back against the wall. She was staring at one of the lockers as tears fell down her face. O'Neill rushed over and knelt down, placing his hands on her shoulders. "Sam...are you hurt? What's wrong?" He asked, helping her up to the bench.

"It's a long story." Sam replied.

"I've got a long night ahead. What say we go and get a beer?" Jack suggested, wondering what was wrong.

"I'd like that." Carter sniffed.

"Okay. I'll be back in five. Get yourself sorted." O'Neill told her, patting her shoulder.

"Thanks." She smiled, standing up. O'Neill left and she got herself dressed, and wiped her eyes.

O'Neill carried their beers back over to their booth in the corner. He sat himself down and took a sip. Carter took hers and stared down at it.

"I don't think I've seen you cry before Sam. What's got you so upset?" Jack asked her concerned.

"My dad was there."

"I know...nice surprise huh?" Jack grinned. General Carter. No wonder she'd never mentioned him. She didn't want to be treated differently for who her father was.

"Not really." Sam answered, picking at the label of the beer bottle.

"What...you didn't get on?" O'Neill questioned, leaning closer and speaking more quietly.

"More like he didn't get on with me."

"What was he abusive, or...did he..." O'Neill began. Sam cut him off.

"No, no." She sighed. "When I was fourteen my mother died. He was late picking her up, she took a cab, it crashed. We all blamed him, at least at first. He made us feel like his work was more important than us. I wanted to be an astronaut. And when I saw him...he was pressuring me. He said that I could jump the cue and get in to NASA. But I don't want to. I've already done something far better, far more often. And I can't tell him. We argued. And then he told me."

"Told you what?" Asked Jack.

"He has cancer. He wanted me to get in to space before he died. But it was my dream. Not his, so it's up to me! I just feel bad now. Like I'm letting him down. He was angry with me when he left. And, it's such a shock." She sniffed, on the verge of tears.

"I know. But he might be okay." Jack offered, with a shrug.

"I've read up. The chances are not great sir."

"No they're not, but he is a soldier and he has something to live for. And it's Jack." Jack smiled, getting up.

"Thank you Jack. Where are you going?" She frowned.

"To show my second in command that she isn't alone." He answered, moving around to sit by her. He gave her a small, quick squeeze, and she wrapped her arms around him. He stroked her hair as she started to cry.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to JolinarCarter