Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Jolinar's Memories: SG-1 Sees

by Jolinar Carter
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Jolinar's Memories: SG-1 Sees

Jolinar's Memories: SG-1 Sees

by Jolinar@Carter

TITLE: Jolinar's Memories: SG-1 Sees
AUTHOR: Jolinar@Carter
EMAIL: jolinar.carter@btinternet.com
CATEGORY: Challenge #853, Hurt/Comfort
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: Jolinar's Memories
SEASON / SEQUEL: 3
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: character death
SUMMARY: What if Martouf had put Jolinar/Sam's memories on screen?
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Thank you to everyone who's sent me feedback on 'Tardan...,' and 'Ooh! That Looks Like You!' Keep it coming, please!

Martouf approached Sam, with the memory device in his hand. He sat down next to her, and fiddled with it. "As I apply the memory device, you will feel a sharp pain."

"We've actually all experienced this technology before." Sam informed him, prepping herself for the pain.

"Good. Then you will know what to expect." Martouf put the memory device on her forehead, and Sam felt that horrible sharp little pain.

"So we're actually going to see Jolinar's memories come up as images?" Daniel inquired.

"There are no specific ways of targeting specific memories, some of Samantha's own personal memories may come out." Martouf replied.

"Isn't there a way that can make her just remember them then? Without putting them on a screen?" Jack thought.

"No, there is not. I am sorry. Do you still wish to go ahead?" Sam looked uncertain. She didn't want the guys to see her memories. She didn't mind them seeing Jolinar's, but she did mind them seeing hers! But, she nodded because this was the only way to save her father.

"Are you sure?" Jack asked.

"If I don't, my father will be left there, and he will die, that in unacceptable!"

"Okay, I will begin." An image appeared on the screen. Samantha was baking cookies.

"Baking? Anyway, how can she see herself?" Jack asked, but Daniel gave him a look that said 'I'll explain later, shut up!' They watched.

"Oh God!" Sam cried.

"What?" Jack asked.

"This is my past." The hologram showed Jacob coming in to the house.'Where's mom?'The girl asked, dropping the kitchen utensil and the cookies. She started crying.'Sam, I was late, and your momtook a cab, and there was an accident. She's dead.'The girl cried even louder, and headed for the door.'She can't be!'She grabbed her coat.'She is Sam. I'm sorry. Where's Mark?'The girl replied:'He's athis basketball game, he'll be back soon. He just dropped me off after I became state championgymnast! Suddenly that doesn't seem so great!' Jacob tried to hug his daughter, but she moved away.'I'm sorry.'Samantha shook her head at him. 'No, sorry isn't good enough! It's your fault! I hate you!'The fourteen-year-old ran out of the house. The screen cleared for a moment. Daniel had turned it off for the time being.

"Oh God, I'm so sorry Sam!" Sam was crying, silently. She didn't usually let the guys see her cry, because she thought they'd think that she was different. She was, but she didn't want them to think that she wasn't strong. She couldn't stop herself from crying now though, it seemed so real, because she didn't see those memories on the screen, they were in her head, and she felt what she felt when it happened, fourteen years ago.

"Sam, it's okay." Jack hugged her.She's crying. It's not against the regs for me to comfort my 2IC is it? Maybe, but anyway, I don't care. I say screw 'em.He thought. "I'm here Sam. We won't make you do that again, okay?"

"Colonel O'Neill, Samantha must remember Jolinar's memories, if we are to save her father and Sel'Mak." Martouf reminded them, bluntly.

"Danny, stay with her will you, I want a word wit Marty." Marty and Jack stepped out of the hold, and entered the cockpit. Danny hugged Sam.

"That wasn't a very nice memory, I know, but why did it upset you so much? It was about thirteen years ago. You'd gotten over it Sam!"

"Yes, I had Daniel, but that thing, it makes it so real. I felt exactly what I did then."

"Marty, you're unbelievable! Look, she's just remembered loosing her mother. It must have been bad for her if you made her cry. If she wants to, she can try again later." They entered the hold again, and sat down. Half an hour later, they were all lying on crates, which they had made in to beds. Sam went over to Martouf, and Jack and Daniel jumped up.

"I want to try again."

"Are you sure Sam?"

"As I said Colonel, and as we all know, this is the only chance of saving my father. Letting him stay down there, and us, if I can't remember how to escape, is unacceptable. I have to." Martouf turned it on, and an image appeared on the screen. It was of Jolinar. There was a Goa'uld behind her, it was Sokar. A Jaffa brought a long dark stick, and placed it on her neck. Sam cried out in pain, then she told Martouf to shut it off. He shut it off, and Sam sat there, still crying out.

"Samantha, listen to me, we must continue. I will carry on." Jack took Marty out again.

"Look Martouf, you're being a little hard on her don't you think? It's her father, she knows the steaks. You have managed to make her cry, twice. She ain't a crying person. She hardly ever does, so I can tell that she's not okay. If Jolinar escaped, then so can we. Ah!" Jack stopped Martouf from opening his mouth. Teal'C turned around.

"Is Samantha Carter okay? I heard screams, and crying."

"She's not okay. It's the memory device, first she remembered her father coming home and telling her her mom was dead, and then she remembered Joey being tortured."

"The devices do make the memory seem very real indeed. I can see why she would be crying after those memories, especially the one of her mother."

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Jolinar@Carter