Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Read My Mind

by Joker
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Read my mind

Read my mind

by joker

TITLE: Read my mind
Author: joker
Email: j_o_k_e_r_95380@yahoo.com
Category: Thoughts, Angst, Songfic
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Season: 4
Rating: G
Content Warnings: none
Status: Completed
Summary: What sam is thinking,and hoping for.
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors. Song is not mine either.
Author's notes: This is my first fic. I hope to write more so please give me some feedback tell me if it stinks or whatever. This is a result of listening to too much country music.

It had been two months since Martoufs death and the testing and She knew that they had promised to keep it in the room and in a way she has but she couldn't stop thinking about his words. The way his brown eyes locked with hers. She couldn't move even if she wanted to, she was frozen there she had to hear what he needed to say. Those words, his words kept playing in her mind "I care about her....alot more than I'm supposed to." She couldn't say anything else but that she cared for him too. She felt more than that though, she loved him but because of the regulations she couldn't tell him. She couldn't do anything but agree to keep it in the room. It kept her awake at night all she wanted to do was tell him but she started to think about what would happen if she did. How would it change the team and their lives as a team. She stayed up many nights wondering. Janet had mentioned that the base was going to be having a get together so that the teams could all relax. With a lot of convincing she somehow managed to get Sam to go. So now here she was in a black dress with a little bit of make-up on standing next to the punch bowl half listening to Janet talk about how well Cassie was doing in school. It wasn't that she didn't care she just had a lot on her mind and she had just seen the Colonel come in and head over towards Daniel. Sam excused herself and decide to go over and just say Hi. When she got close enough she could hear Daniel talking about some new discovery on a planet that him and Sg-7 went to. Jack was suprised and relieved to see Sam standing there. " Hello Sir, Daniel." she said. "Hey Sam." Daniel said giving her a hug. "Carter didn't expect to see you here thought you'd be back at your lab with your eyes glued to the computer screen all night." the Colonel said. " Well sir I wanted to but Janet convinced me other wise. She said it would be good for me to get out." She replied.

This had been the most that they had said to each other in awhile and he looked almost uncomfortable talking to her. There was so much they wanted, needed to say to each other. Sam's mind started to wander through all the possibliltes when her thoughts were cut short by the Colonels invitation to dance. " Come on Carter." He said with his hand outstertched to her. She took his hand and they headed for the dance floor.

As the music began to play she placed her arms around the Colonels neck as he gentle placed his hands on her hips. He smiled as she moved in closer and placed her head on his shoulder. They began to dance and Sam listened to the words of the song. To her they said a everything.

"A penny for your thoughts" you say
you want to know what I could be thinking
but as I speak the music starts to play
and the words just somehow slip away.
Read my mind, it will telll you that I love you
and you're all I ever wanted in a man.
you'd see how I feel, what my head won't let my heart reveal
If only you could, read my mind

She wished at times he could read her mind it would make things a lot simpiler and then he would know what she really needed to say. She let her thoughts go wild as the music countinued to play.

One look at you and look at me I'm trembling like a little girl
I tell myself if I can just believe any day now you'll fall in love with me.

As the chorus played again and he held her a little tighter she wondered what he was thinking. Did love her and would he ever tell her if he did? More thoughts filled her head as the song came to its final versue.

Tell me that you feel the same way I do
and tell me that I'm not mistakenly taken by you.
You're all I ever wanted in a man
you see, all I need is everything you are to me
If only you could somehow read my mind
Would you see what I can't seem to say
If only you could, if you would read my mind
read my mind.

The music slowly came to an end and they lingered in each others arms for a moment before finally parting. She smiled sheepishly at him and said "Thank you sir." He returned the smiled and said " Your welcome Carter, anytime."

She turned and return to Janet who was still by the punch bowl. Jack walked back to Daniel who handed Jack a drink. " Thanks" he said. " No problem." Daniel said noticing that Jack hadn't taken his eyes off Sam. They stood there in silence for a minute till Jack broke it by asking "Hey Daniel you ever wish you could read someones mind?"

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to joker