Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Fugue

by Lisa Michelle
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Fugue

Fugue

by Lisa Michelle

Summary: Missing scene Legacy.
Category: Angst
Episode Related: 304 Legacy
Season: any Season
Pairing: Daniel/Sha're
Rating: GEN
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 2004-11-02

Disclaimer: Daniel and Sha're don't belong to me. They belong to each other.

Category: Daniel/Sha're angst Rating: GEN Spoilers: Legacy Summary: Missing scene from Legacy. Thanks to: Louise for saying it was very sweet.

"Fugue" (1/1) by Lisa Michelle haven599@msn.com

Daniel sat curled up against the wall of his padded cell, willing the visions to go away. Closing his eyes, he tried to relax and think of anything but the battle that was going on in his mind.

He wasn't crazy. He wasn't.

The voices were back again. This particular one sounded like Sha're. Maybe it was a nervous breakdown.

Risking it, he opened his eyes only to see Sha're kneeling down a few feet in front of him, dressed all in white. "Sha're?" he whispered.

"Dan'iel." she answered him.

"Oh God, I've really lost it now." He closed his eyes again. "You're not real. You're not real," he repeated to himself.

"Dan'iel, please," she pleaded. "I am worried for you."

Reopening his eyes, he spoke to her: "I'm worried for me, too."

"You are sick."

He ignored her observation. "Aren't you supposed to be with Apophis taking over the galaxy?"

"You speak of Ammonet. I am Sha're. You should know that, Dan'iel."

"Look, you're no one," he exclaimed. "Just a figment of my imagination." He turned away from her.

She looked down, tracing the white, padded squares on the floor with her finger, sobbing softly.

The sound of her tears made him look back at her. "You're not real," he reiterated, coming closer to her. "See, I can't touch you." He reached out, but his hand went right through her body.

"I wish I could hold you, my love," she said. "You are hurting."

Right now all Daniel wanted to hold his wife, to seek comfort in her. Real or not, it was Sha're. He sighed, changing the subject back to his current situation. "Sam will figure something out. It's something to do with Machello."

"Who?" she asked.

"There's too much to explain. You wouldn't understand, anyway."

"I know I am not as smart as you, my Dan'iel, but-"

"No, I didn't mean it like that." He moved closer to her, sitting right in front of her. "If they don't find out what's happening to me, I may never be able to find you or see you again."

"You will see me again, my husband."

"How can you be so sure?" he asked. "We don't know how to remove the Goa'uld without killing the host and I won't hurt you."

"I know you will not," she replied. "But now you need to rest."

He pushed himself back against the wall. "Yeah, maybe I'll wake up crazier than I already am."

"I will stay and watch over you."

He looked right into her dark, brown eyes. "My guardian angel."

"No," she replied. "I am not an angel."

He smiled at her. "Yes, you are."

The image of his beautiful wife was the last thing he saw before closing his eyes.

**** END (1/1)

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Lisa Michelle