Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Forgive Me

by Lisa Michelle
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Forgive Me

Forgive Me

by Lisa Michelle

Summary: Post-ep for Secrets.
Category: Angst
Episode Related: 209 Secrets
Season: any Season
Pairing: Daniel/Sha're
Rating: GEN
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 2004-11-02

Disclaimer: Nope, these characters aren't mine.

Category: Angst Rating: GEN Spoilers: Secrets Summary: Post-ep. Daniel returns from Abydos. Thanks to: Louise for the beta and encouragement.

"Forgive Me" (1/1) by Lisa Michelle haven599@msn.com

Daniel was the last of his team to walk through the gate. Sam, Jack, and Teal'c were at the end of the ramp talking with General Hammond. He ignored the group and hurried to his office, slamming the door shut.

Sliding down the wall to the floor, he began to sob. Sha're was gone. Again. He had been unable to save her, just like last time. However, this time it had been worse. She was pregnant. No, had been pregnant with Apophis' child. The man he hated with every fiber of his being. Given the chance, he would kill him in a heartbeat. No hesitation. Apophis stole the most precious thing in the world to him and was building a life with her. A life that should be his.

He didn't want to dwell on what she lived with day after day as that man's queen. True, she was Ammonet, but Sha're did share memories with her. Did Sha're's personality re-emerge when Ammonet was present? If so, was she scared? Did she wonder why he wasn't there?

She asked for his forgiveness, like what was done to her she brought on herself. Nothing that happened could change his love for her. However, if he had buried the gate like he was supposed to, none of this would have ever happened. He had been ultimately responsible for what happened to her and the people of Abydos.

He didn't see an end to this anytime soon. He let Kasuf down. Hopefully, the child would be safe there and Apophis would not find him. He should go back to Abydos in a couple of weeks and check on Kasuf and the child. It was the least he could do.

A knock at the door startled him.

"Daniel," Jack said. "We've got a briefing."

"Go away, Jack," he called out tearfully through the closed door.

"Daniel-"

"Leave me alone," Daniel replied. "I'm not in the mood for a briefing."

"Is that what you want me to tell Hammond?"

"I don't care what you tell him," Daniel snapped at him. "I'm not going to talk about what happened right now, okay? Teal'c was there. He can fill everyone in."

Pulling his legs up, he rested his arms on them, the tears returning. What the hell was he doing here at SGC? He wasn't making a difference. Sha're was further away than ever. How would he be able to find her again, much less free her from the Goa'uld?

He remembered when he first saw her as Apophis' queen. Looking at her, seeing nothing of the beautiful woman he loved so much in those dark brown eyes. She had been lost to him at that moment. She was still lost now. He had just been lucky to be on Abydos and spend those precious few hours with her. If he had only gotten her to the Gate a few moments sooner, maybe things would be different now.

Getting up from the floor and drying his tears, he went over to his desk and picked up the picture of Sha're. "Forgive me, my love," he said softly.

**** END (1/1)

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Lisa Michelle