Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Female Bonding

by Lisa Michelle
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Female Bonding

Female Bonding

by Lisa Michelle

Summary: Sam and Sha're go shopping.
Category: Alternate Universe
Episode Related: 101 Children of the Gods
Season: any Season
Pairing: Daniel/Sha're
Rating: 13+
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 2004-11-02

Disclaimer: Nope, these characters aren't mine.

Category: Daniel/Sha're romance, AU Rating: 13+ Spoilers: Children of the Gods Summary: Sam and Sha're go shopping. Thanks to: Louise for using the red pen.

"Female Bonding" (1/1) by Lisa Michelle haven599@msn.com

Daniel hurried to the door when he heard the knock. He knew it had to be Sam, she was taking Sha're out shopping today. "Sam," he said, opening the door. "C'mon in."

She stepped through the doorway. "Where's Sha're?"

"I think she's in the bedroom. I'll go see if she's ready." he went back to their bedroom only to find his wife sitting on the bed, her hands folded in her lap, her eyes downcast.

He sat down next to her. "What's wrong?"

"I do not think I can go with your friend, Dan'iel," she said.

"Why? I thought you liked her."

"She seems nice, but I don't know what to say to her. She is not like me. She is one of your people."

"Sha're," he took her hand. "Sam's nice and easy to talk to. She'll help you get some nice clothes. Whatever you like, you can buy. Anything you want."

"But I don't know what I want, Dan'iel."

"Well, I bet you're tired of wearing those green pants and t-shirt. They're too big for you, anyway."

"I can wear your shirts," she told him.

"Well, as wonderful as you look in them, you're going to need something more practical," he reminded her. "Things that fit you."

"I guess so."

"It will be fine. I promise," he told her.

She looked at him. "Okay, I will try. For you." She leaned in and kissed him.

He followed her out into the other room where Sam was waiting.

"Are you ready?" Sam asked Sha're.

She nodded. "Yes."

Sam opened the door. "I'm just going to talk to Daniel for a minutes," she said. "I left the car open," she said.

"It's okay, Sha're, you can go and get in the car," Daniel told her. "She's nervous about riding in cars. I've told her it's safe, but since she's never seen anything like it before-"

"Right," Sam replied, looking out at her car as Sha're opened the door.

"Listen, Sam, thanks for doing this. I've really got to get this translation done and I wouldn't know how to begin to shop for clothes for her," he admitted. "Where are you taking her?"

"The Citadel," she replied. "I'm sure she'll be able to find something there."

"She's just a little shy going out in public. She feels everyone can tell she's not from here."

"That's ridiculous," Sam exclaimed.

"I know. That's what I keep telling her. Once she gets a look at the mall, I'm sure she'll forget all about everyone else."

"Well, I'm not a big shopper, but the two of us should be able to come up with something."

****

They arrived at the mall and Sam asked Sha're where she wanted to go first.

"I do not know. It is so big. What are we supposed to do?"

"Well," Sam said, looking at Sha're's outfit. "You need some clothes that fit first."

"That's what Dan'iel said."

"Let's go to Dillard's first."

After two and a half-hours, they had put together a nice wardrobe for Sha're. She favored long dresses, since that was what she was used to wearing on Abydos, but Sam managed to talk her into a couple of pairs of pants.

"Do you want to eat lunch now?" Sam asked her.

"I am hungry. Where are we going to go?"

"The food court. It's upstairs."

They took the elevator up and Sha're stared at all the places that were selling food. People were standing all around looking up at the menus. It was so overwhelming. She didn't understand how people decided what to eat here. There were so many choices. Everything smelled good.

"Sha're?"

"Yes." She turned to Sam. "I do not know what to eat."

"Well, what do you like? What have you and Daniel eaten?"

"I don't know. It had red sauce and something else-"

"Spaghetti?" Sam suggested.

"Yes, I think I can't say that word. Dan'iel's teaching me how to cook. I do not understand how to control the fire on the stove. It is hard."

Sam smiled. "Let's get some chicken. I'm sure you'd like that." Sam told Sha're to find a place to sit and went over to Chik-Fil-A, ordering two chicken sandwich meals with Diet Cokes.

"Do you like it?" Sam asked after they had started to eat their lunches.

"Yes, but something is wrong with this drink."

"What?" Sam asked. "Oh, it's diet. I guess you're used to regular sodas."

"Why does it taste like that?" Sha're asked.

"They've taken the sugar out. It has less calories that way," Sam said. "I like the taste plus regular sodas are full of sugar and empty calories. I've got to watch my weight."

"Why?"

"Well, the military has certain requirements. They want us to stay in good shape."

"Am I not in good shape?" Sha're asked.

Sam smiled. "I don't think you have anything to worry about," she assured her before adding: "I guess there's not a big obesity problem on Abydos."

"We do not have much to eat. We only get a certain amount of food per day," Sha're explained. "There is food everywhere here. It makes sense people are fat."

Sam laughed. "There certainly is."

"This is much more food than I am used to. Perhaps I should not eat as much and drink those diet drinks."

"All those tests Janet put you through; did she tell you how much you weighed?"

"I think so. She said I was five feet, seven inches."

"No, that's your height. Your weight. You probably stepped on a scale-something with numbers on it."

"Oh, yes, she said it was one hundred twenty-five pounds," Sha're told her.

"Five seven and one hundred twenty-five pounds? Most women would kill to be that." Sam popped the last French fry in her mouth.

"Dan'iel eats a lot. Maybe he needs to drink one of those diet drinks."

Sam laughed before changing the subject. "Sha're, can I ask you something?"

"What would you like to ask me?"

"Daniel told me that you were a gift to him. Is that true? It sounds like . . . you were someone's property, that-"

"My father told me I could marry Dan'iel. I told him how much I liked the man that came through the Chaapa-aii."

"The two of you didn't speak the same language and you knew you wanted to marry him?" Sam asked, amazed. "I can't even make a relationship work here on earth."

"It is hard to explain," Sha're picked at the bun of her chicken sandwich. "I just knew."

"Well, I've never seen Daniel happier since you've come back," she admitted. "He was devastated when he lost you."

"Devastated?" Sha're asked.

"Oh, sorry," Sam replied. "Very, very sad."

Sha're looked up at Sam. "I know. He told me. He said each day was so hard. It has been many, many seasons. No, wait, he said it was four years. I guess that is a long time." Sha're took one of her napkins and wiped her eyes.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you." Sam pulled her chair over to Sha're, putting an arm around her. "It must be so hard for you here. I can't even begin to understand."

"It is hard, but I am with Dan'iel. That is all that matters now."

Sam leaned in closer. "I still can't believe Apophis found a new host for his queen and you're now free from the Goa'uld. Just like that."

"Ammonet had access to my memories. She must have told him and he returned me to Dan'iel."

"I guess so," she said. "Hey, be careful, you don't want to cry off the makeup that lady put on you at the counter." Sam smiled.

Sha're smiled back at her. "That was a joke, was it not?"

"Yes, it was," Sam told her. "C'mon, let's go spend some more of Daniel's money."

****

"Sam, what is this store?" Sha're asked as they walked by Victoria's Secret.

"Victoria's Secret. They sell bras and panties. But, remember, we got you some at the other store."

Sha're walked inside, touching some of the merchandise. "This is like what those women wear on the television."

"Yes, I guess so."

"Do you think Dan'iel would like me to wear this?" Sha're held up a pair of lacy black panties.

"I don't know and I really shouldn't know," Sam said. "He's your husband. You must know what he likes."

"But they don't have things like these where I am from," she said, before leaning closer to Sam. "Dan'iel said I am from Tahiti and we met when he was on vacation with friends. That's what we tell people since I cannot say anything about the Chaapaa-aii. I had to sign those papers."

"Well, it's true, then. You're not from the United States."

"Are you going to get something?" Sha're asked.

"Forty dollars for a bra?" Sam held up one on a hangar. "I don't think so."

"You have not bought anything."

"I'll look, okay?" Sam promised. "Besides, it's getting late. I should get you home soon."

"But we are going to get make-up, are we not?" Sha're asked excitedly.

"Yes, at the drugstore on our way back."

****

"Come show me how to put that make-up on," Sha're said, bursting through the door.

"Okay, but I'm going to have to go back and get the rest of the stuff," Sam said, following her through the door.

"You're back," Daniel said, coming into the living room.

"Sam's going to show me something," Sha're said. "Come here, Sam." She took Sam's hand and pulled her in the direction of the bathroom.

"There's more bags in the trunk, Daniel," Sam called out quickly before Sha're grabbed a hold of her.

"I'll get them."

Sha're ripped open the plastic on the mascara package and took out the tube when she got into the bathroom. Unscrewing the top, she tried to apply it to her eyelashes, blinking and getting it all over the top part of her eyes. "I cannot do this."

"It takes practice. It was the same for me. You can't blink. You just have to coat the eyelashes." Sam wiped the excess off Sha're's eyes with a tissue. "It takes practice."

"I will try harder," Sha're promised. "I can do the lipstick. That is easy." She swiped the red lipstick over her lips.

"You practice." Sam looked at her watch. "I've got to go." She walked out of the bathroom.

Sha're followed her. "Can we go to the mall again?"

"Sure, but I think you've got enough things for awhile." Sam hugged her. "See you Monday, Daniel."

"'Bye, Sam." He walked her to the door, shutting it behind her, before turning back to his wife. "Well, it looks like you two had fun."

"Yes, I like Sam."

"See, I told you," he said, noticing she was wearing something new. "You look great."

"Oh, the dress? I changed at the mall. I thought the flowers were pretty. Now I look like the rest of the people."

He came closer to her, putting his arms around her. "You've always looked beautiful."

"I want to show you something." Sha're moved out of his arms and grabbed the Victoria's Secret bag, sitting down on the couch.

"Victoria's Secret?" he said, sitting down next to her. "I see Sam showed you everything."

"No, I found it. She did not buy anything."

"How much did this stuff cost?" he asked.

Sha're fished around for the receipt and gave it to him.

"Eighty dollars? For underwear? Sha're-"

She held up a pair of lacy black panties. "Do you like these?"

He looked up at the small piece of material she was holding. "Well, eighty dollars isn't really that much." He watched as his wife spread out an array of bras and panties in all different colors.

"They are so pretty, right?"

"They'll look even better on you," he told her.

"I will go put one on. Which one do you want me to wear?" She tried to hold up all of the items, but many slid from her hands.

"No, Sha're, you don't have to do that now." He started to put them back into the bag. "What do you want to do for dinner?"

"Do we have to eat? I do not want to get fat."

"What?" he asked. "Sha're, why would you think that?"

"I saw all the people at the mall. Many of them are fat. I understand why. There is so much food here. The people here should not eat so much," Sha're explained. "You eat a lot, Dan'iel."

"I know I do," he admitted.

"You should drink those diet drinks Sam does."

"Okay, then we can go out for Diet Cokes," he said. "I thought you might want to wear some of your new clothes."

"Oh! My new clothes." She got up from the couch and started gathering a couple of bags. "I do want to go out to eat, Dan'iel after I decide what to wear."

"Okay," he said. "Take your time. I'm going to finish some of this reading." He picked up a book.

"You are always reading." Sha're picked up the Victoria's Secret bag. "I'm going to wear one of these, too. Which one do you want me to wear?"

"Surprise me."

"Okay." She took the clothes and disappeared into the bedroom.

Daniel opened the book. He read the same page over and over for ten minutes, thinking about her putting on the lacy lingerie.

"I am ready." She walked out wearing a purple, low cut dress.

"I like that one better," he said, putting down the book and getting up off the couch.

"Me too, but I could not wear the bra with this. It did not fit right."

"You're not wearing a bra?" he asked, coming closer to her.

"No, but I have the panties on. Do you want to see?"

"No," he said, turning away from her and grabbing his keys. "Let's go. Now. I'll be in the car." He rushed out of the door.

She smiled. Daniel's world was going to better than she thought.

**** END (1/1)

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Lisa Michelle