Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Family Planning

by Lisa Michelle
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Family Planning

Family Planning

by Lisa Michelle

Summary: Daniel comforts Sha're when she learns some distressing news.
Category: Hurt/Comfort, Romance
Episode Related: Stargate - The Movie
Season: any Season
Pairing: Daniel/Sha're
Rating: GEN
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 2004-09-14

Disclaimer: Nope, these characters aren't mine.

Category: Romance/angst Rating: GEN Spoilers: Stargate: The Movie Summary: Daniel comforts Sha're when she learns some distressing news. Thanks to: Louise for the beta and encouragement.

"Family Planning" (1/1) by Lisa Michelle haven599@msn.com

Daniel came into the bedroom at the end of the day only to find Sha're sitting on the bed crying softly.

"Sha're, what's wrong?" He rushed over to her, sitting down next to her, putting his arm around her.

"I am sorry, Dan'iel," she said, her dark eyes filled with tears. "I am not with child."

He pulled her into his arms, whispering words of comfort to her. After a few moments, she pulled away. "I have failed as a wife."

"No," he said. "It does take two people to make a child. Please don't put the blame on yourself."

"But it cannot be your fault, Dan'iel," she told him.

"Sha're, we've only been married for six months," he replied. "These things take time."

"My father wants a grandchild."

"Did he say that?"

"No, but I know it is true," she said. "What do women do on earth if they cannot have a child?"

"Well, we have technology that can help women conceive a child. Sometimes another woman carries the child," he told her.

"How can that be?" she asked. "I do not understand your ways, Dan'iel."

"We don't need to worry about that. Sometimes it can take up to a year for a woman to get pregnant."

"A year?" She looked at him in disbelief. "No, I hope not. Hopefully, the gods will bless us with a child soon."

He pulled her close, stroking her thick, dark hair. "Remember when we talked about names for our children? Have you thought anymore about that?"

"Yes." She moved out of his embrace, wiping at the remnants of her tears. "I want to know some more earth names."

"Okay, let's see," he said. "Jason. Jennifer. Michelle. Michael."

"Michael. That sounds nice."

"No, sorry," he apologized. "I just realized I don't want our son named Michael Jackson."

"Is that a bad thing?"

"It's a famous person on earth's name."

"A bad person?"

"It's a long story. I'll tell you some other time." He got up and unwound the scarf from his neck and pulled the long robe over his head, grateful to finally take it off. "What about Abydonian names?" he asked as he pushed his glasses back up on his nose.

"I have not yet decided on any one, but do like Chy'ler for a girl, but I hope to have a son for you."

"It doesn't matter to me as long as the child is healthy." He took off his shirt, leaving him only in pants.

"Do you not want a son first, Dan'iel?"

"I really don't have a preference," he told her. "Honestly, I never thought of myself as a father."

"You do not have to worry," she assured him. "I will care for the child."

He walked over to her. "No, we both will," he said, wrapped his arms around her.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes." He leaned down and kissed her softly on the lips. "Do you know what we can do in the meantime?"

She shook her head. "No. What?"

Leaning down, he kissed her neck before whispering: "We can keep trying."

It took her a minute to understand his humor and she smiled at him as he took her hand and followed him towards their bed.

END (1/1)

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Lisa Michelle