Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Rescue, The

by JeanA
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Rescue

The Rescue

by JeanA

Title: The Rescue
Author: JeanA
Email: gmajca@fsmail.net
Category: Action/Adventure
Season: Season 5
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: PG
Warnings: minor language
Summary: The Colonels rescue is underway but will it succeed ?
Sequel to: Normal Married Life ( Whatever normal is)
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

The Rescue

The Colonel was barely alive awaiting rescue following torture from Goaul'd technology , Hand device and Electric Prod, at the hands of Osiris.......The Major had a plan.......

Hayley was in control of the Ring Transporters, Teal'c had the C4 ready and the Major held the remote device for activation. Jonas was armed in case of any backfire so to speak from the activation of the Transporter. All of SG-1 were ready and able to move on their carefully put together plan.

" Colonel, Respond, "

" Yes , Major "

" Diversion about to take place Colonel , "

" Understood Major, will call when we reach the Cargo Bay , over and out "

KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM

Osiris was thrown from her throne into the opposite wall and was unconscious. 2 Jaffa Soldiers were killed in the Explosion. The Tok-Ra aid was unhurt. ( Her intelligence had informed her of what was happening )

" Right Nareem , help me up and help me get to this Cargo Bay, I have a fair idea of the way "

" Certainly Colonel ,----- Colonel I have discovered my Tollan Shape -shifting Device from the spoils of this room"

" Well it looks as though may-be a little bit luck is moving our way, ,Can we use it to get us out of here ?"

" But of Course , Colonel ,"

Nareem then helped Jack to his very unstable feet and put his arm around his neck. At that they then dematerialised together through the wall of the room. They were invisible !.

" Cool .... ! " whispered Jack.

Jaffa and , Goa'ld were running everywhere , all in the same direction , the direction of the explosion, Sams' plan was working, thank God for all of them. They made their way carefully through the ship unseen . On the way Nareem showed the Colonel the hallway where the Goa'uld were holding the humans in preparation for implantation. ----The Colonel was horrified.

"Major , Come in ! " a shakey but pretty angry Colonel.

" Yes Sir ! "

" Major , are these potential host people humans awaiting snakes for their heads,"

" EHM , Yes Sir , We need to get them out of there ."

" Damn right we do and they take priority over me . We are almost at the Cargo Bay . You will send that transporter thing up and take them 10 at a time . Is that Clear?"

" But Sir ?, you must get medical attention ," she said Sir in such a way that he knew she meant it !"

" Yes Major , I know , but we must prioritise these people before they are violated. "

" Yes but you should transport down with the first group Sir "

" I will transport down when the work is finished Major,///

" JACK !! , I'll come up there myself and drag you down /////

"YOU WILL NOT MAJOR , AND THAT IS AN ORDER , IS THAT CLEAR ????!!! "

" Yes SIR! "

He could tell she had said this through clenched teeth.

" Right Major , the first group are in position "

At that The Ring Transporter came up and took them away.

This procedure continued, until the last lot were about to go .

The Ship had gone very quiet,

Just as Jack , last person , laboriously dragged himself to the Rings , the door burst open . Osiris stood there with her hands arrogantly placed on her hips , aimed her Ribbon Device at the rings, and the Colonel was hurled across the room just as the Rings disappeared.

UNCONCIOUS!!!------------Again!!

"Nareem ! Where's the Colonel ? . " asked a very frightened Major.

" Samantha , Oh how well you loo..........."

" The Colonel , Nareem !, Why isn't he with you " She was calm and angry but shaking inside with fear and temper.

" I am sorry Samantha but he didn't make it , Osiris caught him with her Ribbon Device just as he was trying to enter the transport circle "

At this Sam became unusually calm .

" Hayley re-programme that transporter to get me right outside that damn Throne Room . Make it fast ! Get me there now ! "

" Yes , Maam! "

The Major then went into her back pack and removed a familiar device , A Ribbon hand device , the one used by Jolinar and the one that she herself had used to defeat Seth.

There was a look of rugged determination that Teal'c himself had never seen before . A toughness in her eyes that was almost menacing.

" I will accompany you Major Carter ."

" You will not Teal'c . I need you to see that these people and the rest of SG-1 get back home safely and I'm telling you now , either we both come out of this or we both don't . Are you clear on what I am saying. "

" Yes Major , but this is not strategically wise "

" Oh NO! well how's this , I have enough C4 in this backpack to blow up that whole damned ship and if I can't get Jack out of there alive then that damned Osiris is going to bite the dust with both of us , Another System Lord Exterminated Teal'c ???? I would say strategically sound , wouldn't you ??? "

" Yes Major Carter , of course Major Carter . "

" Hayley , Activate the Rings ! "

She arrived right outside the door to the Throne Room which was damaged from the earlier explosion,

ZAT!!!!! ZAT!!!!! ----2 dead Jaffa!!

She could hear excrutiating yells from the room , one part of her hoped it wasn't Jack but the other part did as it meant he was still alive.

She entered with her rifle high in attack position.

Osiris was using the ribbon device to scramble Jacks' brain. She released her grip on him when she saw Carter burst through the room. Jack fell to the floor, he was still conscious , ---that was a good sign.

Carter fired her weapon to no avail as the Goa'ld shield protected Osiris from the bullets.

Jack looked up in disbelief, all he could think of was " What the hell are you doing? You stupid woman "

Osiris began to turn towards the Major,.. She dropped her rifle.

" Jack thought, ' Have you lost your mind ? '

Sam was approx 10 feet away from Osiris . She stepped to the side of her firearm , faced up to Osiris, took a deep breath , smiled and with a menacing look of determination. She slowly determinedly raise her hand to the level of Osiris , closed her eyes and directed a power from within that she didn't know she was capable of. Osiris was taken aback and attempted to increase the force of her power. Sam matched her increase, and Jack could visible see her strengthen and begin to overpower Osiris. He was astounded. Realising that she was losing , Osiris turned her focus again on Jack, at that a very calm and in control Major pulled her knife from her belt and as Osiris pointed her hand towards Jack she aimed it for her hand and it cut through the defense ( a tactic that she had learned from the Colonel when he faced Heruer ) Osiris screamed with a combination of anger and pain.

The Major then moved towards Osiris aimed her hand again at the Goa'uld and with a look of extreme hatred she propelled her across the room where she was thrown violently against the wall. She slid to the floor . As she attempted to regain her footing Sam said calmly ,

" Oh no you don't honey "and pointed the device at her head .

Jack who had avoided a possible cock fight early on was now witnessing the most ferocious cat fight possible. And his side was winning !

Sam continued to focus on the forehead of Osiris and could see the life slowly drain out of her . She wasn't letting up , she wasn't giving her yet another opportunity to escape. She was finishing it and finishing it now.!

OSIRIS WAS DEAD !

Sam released her grip and stared at the woman before her , she then looked at her hand and a shiver ran through her . The device had worked . She had total control . She had won against possibly the most deceitful Goa'ld they had ever come across. She shook her head and came to her senses.

" Jack !! "

She ran over to him . He was barely conscious but looked into her eyes and managed what was a pathetic smile but it was wonderful to her . She didn't waste any time.

" Right Colonel , don't say anything, we'll talk later "

He looked straight into her big blue worried eyes and whispered

" I love you Sam "

" I love you Jack but if you die on me I'm going to hate you OK??"

" OK"

MarchmarchmarchmarchMARCHMARCHMARCHMARCHMARCHMARCHMARCHMAR!!!!!!!!!!!

" OH God NO, ! " exclaimed the Major, " I know that sound ! "

She hooked Jacks' arm over her shoulder and lifted him to an almost standing position and dragged him across to the transport circle.

4 Jaffa guards entered the room. They pointed their staff weapons at the Major.

" No time to call Hayley , well here goes."

She hit the button on the back of her hand , and they disappeared before the Jaffas' very eyes.

They were out of the ship but definitely not out of the woods yet.

The weight of Jack pulled her to the ground and she called for help. Teal'c got The Colonel and laid him on a mattress.

" Hayley-------- First of all I need you to re-set the Cargo Bay transport, you need to then re-programme it to get us back to the Stargate as the Colonel is never going to make it any other way .

" Nareem , find out how many Tok-Ra operatives are on that ship, and is there a way of contacting them ? "

" Why Samatha, you need to rest , we all need to rest , "

" Nareem . JUST DO IT . There will be plenty time to rest when we get out of here.

The Major was moving about a mile a second , in hyperdrive , she ran to the back packs,

" Jonas . Get me all the C4 we have out of these packs " I'm going to blow that ship to smithereens, "

" Samantha " said the gentle voice of Nareem, " There are two operatives , what do you want them told.

" They have 10 minutes to meet me in the Cargo Hold or they will go up with the ship. "

Nareem looked at this determined young woman and was proud to be of assistance to her.

" I will accompany you Major Carter, " called Teal'c

" No Teal'c ! If I don't get back , I need you to get the Colonel to the gate . You also must get Nareem and the Empress back to Earth. We should be able to send them to the Tollan Home World . These people can then bury this gate and stop the Goa'uld from coming back . Now I need to go . Teal'c ! ---- look after him for me??"

" Of , course Major , but I don not think that he is going to make it . "

" I know Teal'c , but please just help him . We got him this far . If we can just get him to the Gate quickly we may get him home in time," the Major was crying big time at this point , but her look of determination never wavered. "

" Yes Major Carter ," Teal'c was unconvincing in his reply.

She approached the Colonel , and whispered into his ear

" Hold on Jack , don't you dare leave me , ya hear ?? "

He squeezed her hand slightly.

" Hayley , how long until you have the Gate frequency ??"

" All being well Major . 10 minutes "

" Right , time to go , if I'm not back in ten minutes , get out of here, and that's and order SG-1 "

" Yes Major Carter , " confirmed Teal'c.

She hit the button on the back of the ribbon device and she was there in the Cargo Hold with the C4. She moved stealthily along the corridor , planting C4 as she went. If she could get a line across the whole ship , she could successfully cause a chain reaction up to the higher floors and blow the whole ship away. She turned a corner and was faced with 2 people holding Zats --------------her instinct told her to hold fire.

" Major Carter of the Tauri ?? "

" Tok-Ra ?? OK ! You need to follow me back to the Cargo Hold. I just have one more piece to plant."

They ran back to the Cargo Hold and the Major again activated the Ring Transporter with the Ribbon Device. The two Tok-Ra , looked on in amazement .

" Ehm......it's a long story " Sam said shyly .

They arrived .

" Hayley , situation with the Gate frequency ???"

" Almost there , Major "

" Haley ?????? " shouted the Major in what was a ' Jack ' type urgency about her voice.

" Ready ! Major "

" Right SG-1 , ready to move out."

They all stood in the circle for the Ring Transporter. The Major, Hayley , Teal'c and Jonas held the Colonel between them , The Empress and Nareem . ___Button on Ribbon Device ------- STARGATE ------- Thank God !!!

"Dial us home Hayley, I'll keep cover." Sam had been in 'give out orders' mode now , and was quite relaxed , but she was operating at superspeed.

The Gate seemed to take an age to lock but it did , Just at that moment , the Major caught sight of Jaffa , in the distance running towards them , staff weapon fire was bouncing around them . They all ran . Hayley transmitted their IDC code and they all just dived through the wormhole knowing that they would hit the ramp at such a force.

" OFF WORLD ACTIVATION General ! "

" It's SG-1 " Sir

" Open the Iris "

The General and the soldiers manning the Control Room , looked on with wide eyed anticipation.

They began to bundle through one by one until , The Major shouted ,

" Close the Iris, MEDICAL TEAM .... NOW PLEASE !!!!!!!!

The General rushed up to them , the Major was rolling about in agony.

" Are you alright Major ,??"

" NO Sir, I mean , Yes Sir , not me Sir , The Colonel , you need to get the Colonel to the infirmary."

The General looked across at the crumpled up bundle that lay between Teal'c and Jonas , it was very still .

The Colonel was put onto a stretcher and rushed to the Infirmary . Doctor Fraiser was on duty and went work.

The Major had hurt her shoulder but this was nothing unusual when you come flying through the Gate Horizontally. She made her way to the Infirmary

" Sam , get the rest of the team in here for a check up immediately , , What the hell happened to the Colonel. I barely have a pulse ."

" Janet , He's been tortured and electrocuted with one of these prod things . He was conscious when I got to him. "

" What are you doing with that device on you arm "

" Oh that , I'm just taking it back to the armoury "

" That's not what I meant Sam??-we'll talk later - Cardiac crash team to level 27 please , all medical staff available to infirmary room 6 . Right , get the Colonel to the operating theatre , I have to find out what is going on . Sam------GO! Get yourself checked out. I'll look after him---- there's nothing more you can do at this stage. "

The Major and her team had been checked out , and apart from the odd bump and bruise, they were fine . She had showered and changed and was making her way to the infirmary before the de - brief in 20 minutes. She held on to her left hand and prayed on her wedding ring for Jack to recover , there were again tears in her eyes.

She bumped into Nareem on his way to escort the Empress.

"Samantha , you look wonderful, I was hoping that we could have time to talk , I have missed you so over the past 6 months and am elated that we can be together once again. "

" I'm sorry Nareem, I need to find out how Jac......../ The Colonel is "

" I see , you took a lot of chances up there , you must care much for your Colonel . I was hoping the same care and affection could one day be afforded to me "

" Nareem !! You don' understand , The Colonel is m.... , well the thing is I lo............, we are mar........." Sam was now sobbing as the reality of the past few hours started to materialise.

Nareem , still couldn't understand what she was trying to say . He took her in his arms to comfort her .

She said coldly ,

" Let me go Nareem , I need to get to the Infirmary "

Nareem released his grip on her and she made her way to the infirmary .He was slightly taken aback at her coldness.

Jack was in the theatre and there was no way Sam could find out what was happening. She felt helpless and made her way to the briefing room.

2 hours went by , Sam saw this as a good sign as Janet would have come for her if there had been a need . The longer it took , the more chance he had , thought Sam ; or at least that was her present state of logic.

" OK, SG-1 --- this mission sounds as though there was a thorough job done and Major Carter , I must commend you on your handling of what was a very tense and difficult situation. I await the full report but it seems to me that we more that filled our objective on this mission . Well done , all of you !

Your Eminence , we are at present trying to contact the Tollan Home World for you . You will be our guest here until that is achieved and if there is anything else we can do to make you more comfortable, just let us know "

" I commend your kindness General , I'm sure we will be well accommodated ---Thank You !"

RINGRINGRING

" General Hammond --------------- Right away Doctor "

" Major --------------Infirmary "

Sam was out of the room as fast as her shaking legs would take her.

Jack was in the recovery room, full of tubes and surrounded by more machines than she could take in .

" Is he stable ?? " questioned an anxious Sam

" Not stable as such Sam . He's critical ; on life support - the next 24 hours are crucial " Sorry , I can do no more at this stage, ----we will have to wait and see how he responds over night "

" What is it that is wrong with him Janet "

Doctor Fraiser took a deep breath.

" OK !! ----- There is an artery leading to his heart that has been very badly damaged by the stress of the prodding device . Along with electricity it has a carbonising effect. Normally the heart has time to recover , but they must have used it for a prolonged period of time as it caused a main artery to close. He therefore couldn't pump enough blood round his body which in turn caused one of his lungs to collapse.

Sam , if Jack didn't have the level of fitness he has , he would have been dead hours ago, he really shouldn't be alive right now !
Take that as a good sign and just keep praying --OK?"

" Oh Jack ! ", she sat by the bed and held his hand, it was the least she could do.

A few hours later Nareem joined Sam in the infirmary. Sam was unknowingly holding Jacks' left hand and fiddling with his wedding ring.

" Samantha , don't you think you should have a break ? We could go to the commissary and have a talk. Oh----- I see he is married . It must be difficult for his wife. I imagine she will not be allowed in such a top secret facility . Will she be informed ?? I am sure she will be grateful for the care you have given him .

You should allow yourself some time for you own life . As the Colonel once said to you . Go out and get a life !!"

Sam looked at Nareem with large tired sad eyes .

" Nareem, ----His wife knows Nareem . She is with him Nareem . I am his wife and I did go out and get a life Nareem . -----HE IS IT !! "

Nareem bowed his head in respect and left the room. Sam felt a little awkward but he had to be told as he was really beginning to irritate her.

She was ordered to her quarters by General Hammond , and told to get some sleep.

Sam managed a little sleep. It was now 6.30am, no-one had come for her , so far so good she thought to herself.

She showered and headed for the infirmary.

No change , but that was good right ??

" Yes Sam , it is good . I did repair the valve last night and the blood is pumping through it. I would say he is stable now ."

" Are you telling me he is going to make it Janet ? "

" Barring any further complications , I would say he now has a chance , but I need to keep him heavily sedated for the next few days in order that the valve gets a proper chance to heal ! "

" Sam allowed herself a small smile but knew that it wasn't near over yet but the first step had been taken."

" Go Sam - You are not sitting here all day , I will call for you if I need to . Go get your report done . Go see the General . Go have a rest , but don't sit in here moping . The Colonel certainly wouldn't like it . OK? "

" OK, Janet , you will call me . Right ??"

" Sam -------GO! "

It was the weekend , a week since Jack and Sam had been married at the SGC. What a difference a week makes . Jack had been unconscious for 3 days now and Sam had tried to carry on as normal . Yesterday she took SG-1 out on a reconnaissance trip to P32 957 where Jonas has recovered an artefact previously located by Dr Jackson-it had never been priority before .The General thought that such interim missions would keep them physically and mentally alert . He was right of course. The Major had just finished showering when she was sent for by Dr Frasier. She quickly made her way to the infirmary.

" How is he Janet ? "

" Right Sam , I am pleased to tell you that there is improvement in his condition . The repaired artery is doing it's job to approx 75% of it's efficiency and I have been able to take him off the ventilator. "

" Well that's good news , when will he be conscious ? I want to speak to him for Gods' sake "

" Patience Sam . I need to keep him sedated as I cannot have him moving any muscles in that area at the moment . I have a full body scan to do this afternoon and I will then decide if I can reduce the sedative. Brain activity is normal ,------ as long as there are no problems with the artery and the valve it leads to, he should be fine when he awakes. Sam , I know how you feel but he's not the greatest patient in the world and he never does anything I tell him and well, frankly if he was to damage the artery I couldn't guarantee that he would survive further surgery and certainly couldn't guarantee his fitness for active service , Even at the moment that is doubtful"

" You mean he may not be fit enough to remain in the Air Force, "

" Exactly that Sam , Heart trouble is a definite NO, NO, --you know that ."

" OK Doctor , you sedate him as long as you need , just get him fit again , I couldn't bare it if, after all he's gone through one way or another for him to lose his position here. It would devastate him "

" I know Sam , just trust me. "

" I do Janet "

MAJOR CARTER REPORT TO BRIEFING ROOM IMMEDIATELY , MAJOR CARTER PLEASE !!

" Right Major , Go and let me get on with my job

" Yes , General Hammond , you called for me."

The Tollan Empress and Nareem were already in the briefing room.

" Major, we have located the Tollan Home World and I would like you and Dr Quinn to escort the Empress back through the Stargate. There are technical data sheets concerning recent weapon developments that the Empress is happy to allow us access to , however it means you will need to spend at least a few days there as we are not allowed to bring the information directly from their armoury . I need you and Jonas to study it and bring back the information for our analysis here on earth .

I know your situation with the Colonel still being gravely ill and I understand if you have reservations but I need your expertise and can assure that any change in the Colonels ' condition that gives cause for concern we will come get you immediately "

" I understand Sir. When do we leave ?"

" Now Major , you have a go ! The Tollan World is expecting you "

" I'll get Jonas and be ready in 5 Sir "

The Major ran down to the Gear Up room where Jonas was already prepared. She swapped her rings and with that look of determination made her way to the Gate Room , passing the infirmary first of course.

She took the Colonels hand,

" Sleep well Jack and wake up in time for me coming home , I love you "

NO RESPONSE .

She wiped a tear and went directly to the Gate Room.

It was 6 days since the Major and Jonas had left for the Tollan Home World. She had brought back invaluable data from their memory banks and couldn't wait to load it up on her own mainframe. But she had a more pressing priority at this time.
She had heard nothing from the SGC regarding the Colonels condition therefore she expected at best , no change.

She ran to the infirmary, he wasn't in the critical care bed that he was in when she left , She didn't even take time to ask the General what was going on , she had ran right past him in the Gate Room , kind of saluting , "Sir " on the way past . She went along to Intensive Care - he wasn't there. Where was Janet anyway ? What was going on? She started to panic . What if he'd.....oh God no , they would have come for her. She then ran to the day to day infirmary . He wasn't there.

Enough is enough , she thought .-------- Then from behind came a voice that went right through her,

" Hh Hhmm, You looking for someone , Major ?"

She turned round . It was Jack , standing in front of her , as large as life , in civilian clothes , hands in his pockets , staring straight into her tearful bright blue eyes. Her mouth dropped open and she was riveted to the spot.

" Somebody told me I might find my wife down here and that she might give me a ride home today! She's been away all week you see , saving the world or something or other . I've really missed her you know "

He looked pale and tired , and his voice was a bit shaky but it was him . He was here ! He was alive and she just stared at him in disbelief.

" Oh you've found each other, I was coming to look for you Sam !"

It was Janet. Sam didn't get a chance to say anything.

" Now Sam , I don't know what he's told you so far but , he needs rest .He's not to exert himself . No driving . No strenuous activity and I need to see him every 2 days. He has medication to take and he MUST take it , the whole amount , NOT what he feels like,and .................... Sam are you listening to me ???"

Sam ignored the Doctor and slowly walked over to the Colonel without taking her gaze off him, she wrapped her arms around his waist and just laid her head upon his chest . Jack in turn put his arms round her and kissed the top of her head . Both gave out such a breath of relief that they appeared to shrink about 6 inches.

" I didn't expect this Jack, " She looked up at him and looked into those dark brown eyes ,-------------- " Thank god you're OK, I don't know what I'd have done. "

As they both left the room Sam smiled at Dr Fraiser and said that she would make sure he did exactly as the Doctor ordered.

MAJOR CARTER REPORT TO BRIEFING ROOM IMMEDIATELY , MAJOR CARTER PLEASE !!

" Oh , what now ?? "

The Major left the Colonel and ran out of the infirmary and made her way up to the briefing room. There was no one there.---- She waited.

" In here Major shouted the General , in my office please, "

She went into his office and just at that the door opened ; it was Jack , he'd followed her upstairs.

" Ah Colonel , Good to see you up and about ,.I wasn't aware that you were well enough."

" Probably , Dr Fraiser would say I'm not well enough but I was getting blisters on my butt sitting in that day room all day , I would be much better at home . Sir.! "

" Yes well you'll need someone to look after you at home Colonel. Major Carter , I need to assign you to some special duties for the next 2 weeks.
Did you receive the data you wanted when you were off world . Is there are lot of work involved , loading into the system and analysing it etc ?"

" Yes Sir," said Sam , knowing that the chance of getting any time off with Jack was about to look impossible.

" What do you need , Major . "

" Just my computer Sir and my notes "

" Nothing else you need from me to assist you , "

" No Sir , just time on base to get the work done "

" So ,---------Let me get this right -------No Off World Missions for the next few weeks would allow you to get the work done , would it ? "

" Ehm, Sir , Permission to sit down while you and the Major debate this "

" Oh sorry Colonel , certainly Colonel "

" Right Major , Computer . Notes , Time , No Off-World Missions. ............I think I can arrange that . That would actually suit me fine , I can't really afford to send a Nurse out to look after the Colonel therefore could you possibly work from home if we set up the mainframe link at the Colonels' house ?"

The General turned with a cheeky smile and they both looked at each other , and blurted out in unison.

" ABSOLUTELY GENERAL !! "

" Good , I thought so . It will be arranged on Monday morning . Dismissed ! "

Jack got up slowly and took Sams' hand and they both headed for the door. Jack looked over at the General and smiled a familiar smile that said thanks.

Back at the house Jack did have to go to bed as he was extremely weak . Sam was also shattered , more mentally that physically . She lay beside him with his arm enveloping her and she smiled , thankful for this time and thankful that she still had him.

They could talk about it all at a later stage .

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to JeanA