Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

T-Ball

by Jackie W
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
T-Ball

T-Ball

by Jackie W.

Summary: Sometimes you want those visions to happen just the way you saw them. 9th in the In Demand series.
Category: Romance
Season: Season 6
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 04/07/03

Title: "T-Ball (1/1)"

Author: Jackie W.

Email: jackiesfic@aol.com

Season: Season 6, after Prophesy

Sequel: In Demand, Momentum, Epidemic, See Jack Run, Classified, Prelude, Discoveries

and Under Surveillance

Spoilers: minor ones for Prophecy and Solitudes

Summary: Sometimes you want those visions to come true just as you saw them.

Author's Notes: I had a deep discussion with friends on dreams the other day, just after I had seen Prophecy. The result - a bit of Jack's dreams (the ones that aren't nightmares!) For those of you that don't know what T-ball is, it is a form of American baseball, scaled down a bit for very little children to play.

As always feed back craved!

T-Ball

Jack O'Neill hadn't thought about the dream in years. He never had gone in for all of that psychic crap anyway, so he had always dismissed his dream as pure coincidence. Now after Jonas' little sideshow act foreseeing the future coupled with Jack's new dream of the last 3 nights, well he had to wonder.

The original dream had begun almost 18 years ago. He had had the same dream every night for weeks. He hadn't minded, it was a very pleasant dream. Then he had been sent off on that hellish mission that had resulted in him fracturing his skull when his chute opened late and the dream had stopped. Years later he had come to a moment in his life that he realized was his dream. To the letter. Coincidence he told himself.

It had always been exactly the same. He was sitting in the stands at a T-ball game. At the plate stood a six year old, with a T-shirt that proclaimed he was a member of the 'TIGERS' on the front in bold letters, and that he was 'O'NEILL 22' on the back. A helmet that was a size too large hid the upper half of the child's face. The ball was pitched by an adult, giving the child three strikes before a Tee was brought out to place the ball on. From the very first time he had dreamed all of this, Jack knew the rules. Even though he had never been to a T-ball game before. The child swung hard at the first two pitches, missing wildly. On the third pitch, however, he connected with the ball and off he ran. His little legs pumped wildly as the children in the field tried to chase down the ball rolling between them. The runner made it all the way to third base, and his coach waved him on home. As he crossed the plate, Jack was cheering madly. He turned to the woman who was on her feet next to him, Sara, and gave her a hug. Then he turned back to give his son who had now removed his helmet and walked around to his team's bench a big thumbs-up. Charlie's first home run.

And it was Charlie. Months before he had even been conceived, Jack had conjured up exactly what six- year-old Charlie O'Neill would look like. In reality, the day of Charlie's first home run, after giving Charlie the thumbs-up, Jack had sat back down slightly shaken up. Then Sara had said something to him and he had snapped out of it. Weird as it was, it wasn't the type of thing he dwelled on.

Now he wondered if it had been a coincidence. He hoped not, because his new dream was mind blowing. Three nights ago after the first occurrence, he had been slightly freaked out. Now however, he couldn't help but walk around with a huge grin on his face, which was seriously scaring the SF's and confusing Sam. He really should tell her about the dream.

It started out almost exactly the same as the old dream, except the team name on the jersey was now the 'ANGELS' and the player number had changed to '16'. It still said O'NEILL on the back, though, and the helmet was still a size too big. Then Jack noticed other differences. He was sitting on a folding chair instead of in the stands (getting old there O'Neill, he thought) and he realized at some point that there was a child in his lap. A little girl of about three with brown curly hair and big brown eyes.

The batter connected on the second pitch this time, with a resounding crack of the bat. And the ball sailed over the heads of all of the opposing team. Little legs once again sped off around the bases, and once again the coach waved home the runner. At this point Jack rose to his feet, still holding on to the girl in his arms. The runner touched home base and threw off her helmet to reveal blond pigtails and a smile that was extremely familiar. His daughter's first home run. He grinned back at her and gave her the thumbs-up. Then he turned to the woman at his side, now also on her feet cheering. Sam. A very pregnant Sam. She reached over smiling a smile that exactly matched the one sported by his daughter as she had crossed the plate, and gave him a kiss. She tickled the little girl in his arms, and as she did so he felt something jab him in the ribs.

"Oops, sorry. The boys are having their own little T-ball game in there today," she laughed.

Jack did the math. Two girls and twin boys. He had been teasing Sam when he said he wanted four kids. Still, now after he'd had a couple of days to get used to the idea, only one word came to mind.

Sweet.

The end.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Jackie W.