Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Minnesota

by Katerina17
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Minnesota

Minnesota

by Katerina17

Summary: Samantha Carter really, really likes Minnesota.
Category: Romance
Season: future Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: GEN
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 2005-02-13

Mornings are chilly here. Wisps of steam rise off the lake, and her breath makes streamers of hazy fog around her face. She loves the crispness of the air, the solitude to be found in the cold stillness of the forest. It's a welcome respite from the hectic schedule that comes with working at the SGC.

She knows he's there even before she hears his footsteps. He wraps his arms around her waist, and she feels his breath warm against the back of her neck.

"Morning, Carter," he says softly.

She laughs, a wisp of steam puffing from her mouth. "Carter?"

"Sorry. I meant Sam." The arms tighten slightly. "Force of habit. You called me `sir' yesterday."

She decides it's best to drop that particular subject. "So," she says. "How do you like being retired?"

"I like it ... a lot, actually." His tone is teasing now. "So far, anyway. I think it'll get a lot more dull next week, though."

She turns within his embrace, so she can look into his eyes. "I know. I wish I didn't have to go back so soon. Maybe I should just -- "

"C'mon, Sam," he chides gently. "The SGC needs that brain of yours if they're to match wits with the universe. Besides, you and Daniel are the official ambassadors to the Asgard now that I'm gone."

"You just wait, Jack. The next time Thor needs you, he'll beam you right up onto the *Daniel Jackson* and claim he didn't know you were retired."

"That'll go over like a lead balloon, considering that I personally told him I was retiring."

"Do the Asgard get amnesia?"

He's laughing at her now, his chest shaking slightly. She loves his smile, the way his eyes crinkle at the corners. His mouth is completely irresistible when he smiles, so, logically, she kisses him.

It's some time later when they finally come up for air. The temperature seems to have risen several degrees by then.

Samantha Carter really, really likes Minnesota.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Katerina17