Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Did You Hear Me?

by Katerina17
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Did You Hear Me?

Did You Hear Me?

by Katerina17

Summary: Does Daniel ever dream of Sha're?
Category: Angst, Thoughts
Season: any Season
Pairing: Daniel/Sha're
Rating: GEN
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 2004-07-27

I dreamed you came back to me on a cold night in September and when I looked up you were standing in the doorway. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry.

We didn't know what to say because it's been so long and everything has changed, so we just looked at each other, like we did that first night on Abydos, when your hair was an unruly cloud of black curls. I always loved your hair, and the way your eyes crinkled when you laughed.

When I woke up you were still dead and I never got to ask whether you heard me say I loved you too.

All morning long, even on the way to work, I felt like you were so close I could almost smell your scent. In my car on a mountain road in a state you never visited until you were dead, I said "I love you", but you never answered. I don't know whether you heard.

Your son is an ascended being; you'd be proud of him. Skaara too, for that matter. I was also ascended for a while, but I didn't stay that way. I don't remember much about it, but if you weren't there, it couldn't have been that great.

I guess you never really knew Sam. She's a good friend, and sometimes when she smiles or when her eyes grow very wide in amazement, she almost reminds me of you.

You remember Jack, I'm sure, although he's changed a lot since that first mission to Abydos. He's currently frozen solid down in Antarctica somewhere, because he sacrificed himself to save us all. I was going to do it, but he wouldn't let me. That's Jack.

Teal'c you knew only as the man who chose you, and later as the man who killed you. He is my friend, and a more loyal friend I could never hope to find. But sometimes, though I hate to admit it, I look at him and the first thing that comes to mind is,He killed Sha're.

I miss a lot of things about you. I miss the way you sang in Abydonian in the evenings, your voice so soft I could barely hear it. I miss waking up with your hair tickling my arm, lying perfectly still so I wouldn't wake you. I miss the way you'd look over at me and smile sometimes, even when there wasn't anything special to smile about. There were a lot of things about you that I didn't even realize I loved until you were gone.

God, I miss you. So much. I miss you, but I can make it through if you'll just tell me one thing: did you hear me say I loved you?

FIN

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Katerina17or post a commenton this story.