Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Soul and Inspiration

by Heidi
[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Soul and Inspiration

Soul and Inspiration

by Heidi

TITLE: Soul and Inspiration
AUTHOR: Heidi
EMAIL: sweet_4_ecstasy@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: S/J UST, romance, humor
SPOILERS: none...
SEASON / SEQUEL:
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: Angst
SUMMARY: Jack makes a mistake...big surprise! :0)
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES:

===================
Soul and Inspiration
===================

She's leaving. Daniel just told me she is leaving to go to the Tok'ra.
That's all I needed to hear. Well, basically that's all I heard because I made a run to the controll room to stop her. How could General Hammond let her go. Why didn't she tell me? Better question, why didn't he tell me? What the hell happened to chain of command? Almost there. I'm close, I can hear the gate start to dial out. Why is she leaving anyway? We went out on a date. I thought we had a great time. We went to a movie and went and had coffee afterwards. I thought she was having a great time. She told me at her door she had a great time. She even let me kiss her. Was my breath bad? Is that why she is leaving? Oh gosh, I knew I should have had that mint.
Okay...almost there...Yes! I am in the controll room. I see Sam down by the gate talking to some other colonel. Ugh, she's mine buddy. Back off. Whoa!
Where did that come from? Must take action Jack. Take Action! Move damnit!!

~"Girl, I can't let you do this.
Let you walk away"~

Oh my...I'm singing into the Microphone.

~"Girl how can I live through this?
When you're all I wake up for each day, Baby!
You're my soul and my hearts inspiration
You're all I got to get me by
You're my soul and my hearts inspiration
Without you baby, what good am I?"~

Well I have her attention. And everyone elses.

~"I never had much going
but at least I had you
how can you walk out knowing
I ain't got nothing left it you do, Sammy!"~

That was a nice touch. Now they know you are singing to her!

~"You're my soul and my hearts inspiration
You're all I got to get me by
You're my soul and my hearts inspiration
Without you baby, what good am I?
Ohhh..What good am I?"~

Oh god, the general is going to kill me. He already looks like he is going to. I can't help it general, I love this woman!

~"Sammy, I can't make it with out,
And I'm telling ya hunny
you are my reason for laughing,
for crying,
for living,
and for dying"~

"COLONEL O'NEILL!!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!" General Hammond screams and you can tell everyone heard it in the gateroom because Sam puts her hands over her eyes, clearly embarassed.

"I'm singing to Major Carter, sir." I hear myself say. Well, I am, how can I lie to him about something like that?

"She is coming back in a half hour, Colonel! Couldn't you sing to her when you two were off duty?" Hammond yells.

"Half hour...?" Oh gosh...I am in so much trouble. Sam is now clearly laughing. Damn her, how can she be laughing?

"Yes Colonel, she is going to pick up something from her dad and then she is coming back. What did you think she was doing?" General Hammond yells again.
Sam is now laughing even harder. I am such an idiot. "You have a go Major,"
Hammmond says, then he turns to me.

"...well um...you see..." I struggle to find words and I look down to the gate room watching Sam walk up to the gate. Before she gous through, she gives me the biggest smile and blows me a kiss. Which I catch just as soon as I turn to the General, "Whoops...?"

========================
the end
========================

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Heidi